Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2024 11:16:22 PM EDT
Was thinking about getting a Steiner and having my g19 milled for it. Not sure I want to commit to the Steiner, so was thinking about an RMR cut and using an adapter plate. Has anyone went this route?  If so what brand plate did you use?
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 2:43:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I’ve got a couple of MPS optics and have had a positive experience

Had a G17.5 milled for one and a G34 MOS using a Forward Controls plate.

Both have been solid. No experience doing the RMR plate idea so can’t help there.

Here’s a Defoor hat qual shot cold when I showed up to train with a buddy

10 rounds at 25 yards under 16 seconds from holster… 90 or better to pass.

Obviously indexed a touch left but cold… I’ll take it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 9:57:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#2]
I'm not a fan of RMR to ACRO plates, not because of the concept, but from a manufacturer's perspective, it's a can of worms.

RMR's footprint dimensions are known, but there are tolerances like with anything.  The tapped holes for mounting an RMR can vary, 6-32 or 6-40.  If the adapter plate is aluminum, I'd avoid it.  For sights that use a cross bar, or recoil lug like P1/P2 and MPS, the plate needs to be aluminum, we don't use aluminum for any of our plates.

Make sure whoever mills it knows the ACRO footprint and its associated, possible issues.
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 9:56:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought about going RMR and using an adapter plate but decided to do a straight ACRO mill on my 19. The MPS fits with just a little bit of space in front of the optic. I had Wager Machine do the cut. $120 for the cut and Cerakote. I think it was a 3 or 4 day turnaround too.

With a direct mill and the MPS you can easily get co-witness on standard height sights.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 11:01:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DavidY] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By treasurediver:
I thought about going RMR and using an adapter plate but decided to do a straight ACRO mill on my 19. The MPS fits with just a little bit of space in front of the optic. I had Wager Machine do the cut. $120 for the cut and Cerakote. I think it was a 3 or 4 day turnaround too.

With a direct mill and the MPS you can easily get co-witness on standard height sights.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/256972/99F6D69C-0B8A-4415-B69E-E045A6E19524_jpe-3311130.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/256972/38F108B0-879F-4B70-888D-40E8691F7147_jpe-3311133.JPG
View Quote

In addition to Wager (very popular on multiple subreddits), Nameless Armament also does a good job and has good things to say about the MPS.  If it were available in green, or a slightly larger dot, I'd give serious consideration to it.  

https://www.namelessarms.com/product-page/glock-steiner-mps-optic-cut

He does require you send the optic in to be fitted.  Great if you're keeping it, maybe not do much if you're a switcher.  Another thing is his MPS cut is just for the MPS.  He states the ACRO will not fit.  

His ACRO cut lets you have a rear sight forward or no sights.  

His MPS cut adds the 3rd option of having the rear sight behind the optic.

From his Glock MPS page.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top