Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2024 2:37:54 AM EDT
Does anyone have one of the Rock Island TM22 rifles. Saw them at Palmetto for $199 so getting interested. Thanks for any info.

TM22 rifle
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:38:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I do and I’ve seen a couple others post about theirs.

Mine works as well as my other 10-22’s.

The mag throws most folks into meltdown as they try and explain why they won’t own one.
I bought mine when they were offering a free 15 round mag mail in offer.

The threaded barrel is a nice touch.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:30:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Muricha:
I do and I’ve seen a couple others post about theirs.

Mine works as well as my other 10-22’s.

The mag throws most folks into meltdown as they try and explain why they won’t own one.
I bought mine when they were offering a free 15 round mag mail in offer.

The threaded barrel is a nice touch.
View Quote

Whats up with the magazine?
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:38:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Muricha] [#3]
Originally Posted By cwm1150:

Whats up with the magazine?
View Quote

It’s ‘AK’ looking and single stack so the 25 round mag is long and not very practical.
Works perfectly it’s just different and seems to draw the ‘I don’t have one so it’s an abomination’ crowd.
I got the 25 round free with their promotional deal. I rarely use the 25er  because of the length.

I have multiple 10-22s and they are great. I also like the TM.
I wouldn’t pay 10-22 prices for it but it’s a unique plinker and consistently goes bang.

I got the VR70 and TM-22 combo deal awhile back for $450ish and was quite pleased.
At the time they were running a free extended mag for each promotion.

edit- looks to be still available.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:24:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Descent deal, might get one of the TM22 rifles eventually thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:47:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I can’t get past the aesthetics
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:33:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Winchester Wildcat takes Ruger mags, made in Turkey, Muslim child labor working for you!  Cheaper than Arizonan child labor, anyway.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:34:24 AM EDT
[#7]
From several reviews and posts I have seen online, the TM22 is decent but the TM22 Feather is not. The metal receiver guns are working well and with acceptable accuracy. The polymer model is not reliable.

I'm all for variety and love 22's and $200 isn't much to have something different. For someone just wanting a decent 22 it would be hard to not go with a base model $199 10/22 with known quality and support.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:24:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By coyotesilencer:  From several reviews and posts I have seen online, the TM22 is decent but the TM22 Feather is not. The metal receiver guns are working well and with acceptable accuracy. The polymer model is not reliable.

I'm all for variety and love 22's and $200 isn't much to have something different. For someone just wanting a decent 22 it would be hard to not go with a base model $199 10/22 with known quality and support.
View Quote

Where are you finding new 10/22s for $200?
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:50:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Sportsmanship warehouse has their exclusive version on sale very often for $199.

Right now PSA $199

Dack Outdoors $182
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:56:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By coyotesilencer:  Sportsmanship warehouse has their exclusive version on sale very often for $199.

Right now PSA $199

Dack Outdoors $182
View Quote

That's a helluva deal.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:33:35 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

I have the TM22-A-18 with one of the Amazon threads SVbony scopes on it. It has a left-hand charging handle and a left-hand 1911 style safety that is up for safe and down to fire with the mag release on the right side. Very light trigger pull.
Finding a place to shoot is a problem for me right now. I had a range at the farm but there are two housing editions downrange and most of the other places I used to shoot have houses on them now.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:36:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Gopher:

I have the TM22-A-18 with one of the Amazon threads SVbony scopes on it. It has a left-hand charging handle and a left-hand 1911 style safety that is up for safe and down to fire with the mag release on the right side. Very light trigger pull.
Finding a place to shoot is a problem for me right now. I had a range at the farm but there are two housing editions downrange and most of the other places I used to shoot have houses on them now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Turn the range around, shoot away from the migrants?  Shoot through a row of tires, it'll solve noise complaints.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 12:21:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

Turn the range around, shoot away from the migrants?  Shoot through a row of tires, it'll solve noise complaints.
View Quote

I wish I could.  I have the new development to the east and neighbors the other three directions. I could cut a backstop out of the tank dam for a short range if I had a small dozer for a day or so.
The developers are sniffing around our 50 acres. If I can get one of them to write me a check with enough zeros to the left of the decimal point we won't have to worry about it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 12:44:09 PM EDT
[#14]

I wish I could.  I have the new development to the east and neighbors the other three directions. I could cut a backstop out of the tank dam for a short range if I had a small dozer for a day or so.
The developers are sniffing around our 50 acres. If I can get one of them to write me a check with enough zeros to the left of the decimal point we won't have to worry about it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:  Turn the range around, shoot away from the migrants?  Shoot through a row of tires, it'll solve noise complaints.

Post signs on the property edges - "No Limits on Free Range Californians"?
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 12:01:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Where are you finding new 10/22s for $200?
View Quote

Just got this email from CF
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 10:36:17 PM EDT
[#16]
The Winchester Wildcat is eating into their profits.
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 6:26:27 PM EDT
[#17]
The Winchester Wildcat is eating into their profits.
View Quote

Is it? I completely forgot that was a thing till i read this. I had to google it to be sure. I remember it because of the plastic receiver and then dismissing it because of that.

Honestly the Xpert bolt action is the one i seem to think is better then anything Ruger makes for a Bolt action 22 as they cant seem to get consistent accuracy because of the sloppy chambers. Still has that weird mag release system.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 1:38:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By MDStroup:

Is it? I completely forgot that was a thing till i read this. I had to google it to be sure. I remember it because of the plastic receiver and then dismissing it because of that.

Honestly the Xpert bolt action is the one i seem to think is better then anything Ruger makes for a Bolt action 22 as they cant seem to get consistent accuracy because of the sloppy chambers. Still has that weird mag release system.
View Quote

I do think ruger consistency and quality has gone downhill in the last ten years. When I finally bought a 22 supressor I was looking for a handgun host and really wanted to get a ruger for a few reasons. The factory is local to me so if I did have problem could drop the gun off in person for repair, would be supporting local workers. I have seen far too many posts in various forums about trouble getting MKIV’s to run and have seen it with a friends. And when you find a S&W victory threaded for $200 less than the least expensive threaded ruger I had not much choice. My S&W runs flawlessly !

Regarding rifles a bunch of guys I shoot nrl22 with started off with ruger precisions. With only one exception they all required factory service and most were sold as they simply couldn’t keep up with consistent accuracy compared to other guns. Honestly my $250 savage runs better and is more accurate.

Guys running 10/22’s in matches usually end up dumping lots of aftermarket parts in them to get them to run with acceptable accuracy or like me, give up and just buy a Kidd

The 10/22 has tons of competition, as at least a half dozen companies make clones probably more. T/C was considered the best economy clone but they stopped production due to a dispute with ruger.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 8:54:55 AM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:  The Winchester Wildcat is eating into their profits.

I stock Ruger Chargers & Winchester Wildcats side by side on my table, as they both take Ruger magazines.  Both sell very steadily, but the Charger runs $150 more.  Ruger dropping their price on the 10/22 has driven Wildcat prices down at the wholesale level, is what I'm thinking.

I'm not claiming a Wildcat is the equal of the 10/22, but in terms of an entry level .22 LR, it's not a bad place to start.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 1:13:08 PM EDT
[#20]

I stock Ruger Chargers & Winchester Wildcats side by side on my table, as they both take Ruger magazines.  Both sell very steadily, but the Charger runs $150 more.  Ruger dropping their price on the 10/22 has driven Wildcat prices down at the wholesale level, is what I'm thinking.

I'm not claiming a Wildcat is the equal of the 10/22, but in terms of an entry level .22 LR, it's not a bad place to start.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:  The Winchester Wildcat is eating into their profits.

Okay, i understand. I didn't know you were a dealer. I also didn't know Ruger dropped the price of the 10/22. I just have noted the prices for them have been going up for years before the current market went tits up. So i never wanted to buy a factory unit as i know i wouldn't be happy with the stock gun, especially at the prices they were going for. I never have seen someone get a wildcat, much less talk about one. Honestly, i hope they get more popular. They seem like a nice light weight semiauto from the bit of research i have done after reading this thread.

Makes me really miss Marlin rimfires. I wish could still get a 795 and not have to worry about anything. Light weight and accuracy all in one. Just wish there was a version that came from the factory threaded. Recently got my XT22vr threaded and it is a riot.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 7:09:53 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Wildcat rear sight adjustment allen screw is terrible but can be replaced. I have mine with a 2-7x scope and its a champ. Threaded semi-auto rifle that takes 10/22 mags for $180 is a heck of a deal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top