Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2023 5:20:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: norshon3]
I seem to recall a rumor of a guy making a semi Stoner 63?   Perhaps it was just a
dream but I could have sworn it. Hmmm. Maybe it was a guy making one out of a
Robinson Armament gun?
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 5:25:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By norshon3:
I seem to recall a rumor of a guy making a semi Stoner 63?   Perhaps it was just a
dream but I could have sworn it. Hmmm
View Quote

In a related note at today's Louisville Gun Show, 2 Stoner Bipods were being sold. Interestingly both were different types.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 5:56:25 PM EDT
[#2]
This is what you seek: Facebook, Join group "Stoner 63 parts and info"
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 9:40:39 PM EDT
[#3]
There was a guy here a few years back saying his team was developing a semi-auto 63 closer to the original than the Robinson.  Nothing came of it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 2:17:00 PM EDT
[#4]
There is a semi 63A in the works. The guy making it has his second design submitted to ATF for approval as a semi. He’s active in the Bookface Stoner 63 groups.
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 8:57:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By norshon3:
dream but I could have sworn it. Hmmm. Maybe it was a guy making one out of a
Robinson Armament gun?
View Quote

Pretty sure that was user "WaffenUndBier" ........ I think he may have passed away
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 9:09:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Is this the thread?
Stoner 66 Carbine project update was Not quite an AR15 but
I was following the thread, super excited to see something sort of scratch the itch. They're super super neat guns. Such a shame they were so short lived and they're such unicorns.
Even the parts/kits are super hard to come by because when they chopped up the parts kits I believe they also crushed them in some manner. I think I remember Mark Serbu talking about it in one of his videos too.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 8:04:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Villafuego:

Pretty sure that was user "WaffenUndBier" ........ I think he may have passed away
View Quote

He was part of the group making parts for the Stoner project.

There is an 07/02 who is alive, well, and awaiting ATF approval on his semiauto-only design.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 10:31:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By JoshNC:
There is an 07/02 who is alive, well, and awaiting ATF approval on his semiauto-only design.
View Quote
Is anybody manufacturing a post sample MG version currently?

If so, what's the cost?
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 4:46:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:
Is anybody manufacturing a post sample MG version currently?

If so, what's the cost?
View Quote

Yes, he will build you a post sample. I don’t know the price.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 5:11:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Isn’t the Knights machine gun designed off of a Stoner? Are they still making them?
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 5:23:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By hollowhandle:
Isn't the Knights machine gun designed off of a Stoner? Are they still making them?
View Quote
It was based on it, but now it's evolved into their LAMG and idk the price of that either.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 3:22:27 PM EDT
[#12]

He was part of the group making parts for the Stoner project.

View Quote

The semi auto receiver has b in n approved, but the gent making them is older, and not able to do this with any kind of production schedule.

I offered to make parts for him, but he hasn't responded.

PSA should buy and produce this project under H&R
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 5:12:58 PM EDT
[#14]
@MikeNDS
@Mike-NDS
@Mike_NDS
@NDSMike
@NDS_Mike
@NDS-Mike

That should do it.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 10:03:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Elcunning:
PSA should buy and produce this project under H&R
View Quote

That would be amazing!
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:20:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:36:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:35:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mike_nds] [#18]
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:41:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By mike_nds:  If the dude can afford to tool up and sell them, more power to him.

I personally don't see the need in the market other than a collectors piece/BBQ gun.

YMMV
View Quote

Aren't you the guy making and selling, and intending to make even more platforms, of high quality collector's guns?

M16A1
XM16E1
M16
M231
XM177
XM177A1
XM177A2

And you want to produce M14s and M1 Garands under the H&R brand?
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:04:40 PM EDT
[#20]
The semi design Stoner 63 design was approved by the ATF a few days ago.

There has been a group of us making reproduction Stoner 63 parts for a few years now supporting the full auto Stoner owner community and guys that have built semi auto guns from parts.

The KAC LMG have no parts in common with the Stoner 63 other than the same designer. The KAC LMG is based on Stoner 86 design which is completely different than the 63.

As mentioned in this thread, there are 2 FB groups dedicated to the Stoner 63 and making parts and a semi gun.

I own a full auto gun but I am helping in the effort in making parts and reverse engineering parts that will work both for the full auto and semi auto guns.

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 3:08:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:40:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By mike_nds:

I personally want to do some hunting guns rather than clone every military rifle ever made.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:
 Aren't you the guy making and selling, and intending to make even more platforms, of high quality collector's guns?

M16A1
XM16E1
M16
M231
XM177
XM177A1
XM177A2

And you want to produce M14s and M1 Garands under the H&R brand?

I personally want to do some hunting guns rather than clone every military rifle ever made.

Single shot hunting guns?  
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:47:40 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

A stoner 63A would be worth cloning though.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:26:34 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mike_nds: I personally want to do some hunting guns rather than clone every military rifle ever made.

The economics behind your claim are sketchy at best.  No one else has fallen on their sword since Robinson.  We have this Facebook group and if they can get semi-auto receivers to market, grab one, be prepared to wait, and be prepared to lose your deposit and never hear from them again.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:33:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Villafuego:

View Quote
Yes.  He passed away. Was a good friend of mine.
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 5:46:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By sgthatred:
The semi design Stoner 63 design was approved by the ATF a few days ago.

There has been a group of us making reproduction Stoner 63 parts for a few years now supporting the full auto Stoner owner community and guys that have built semi auto guns from parts.

The KAC LMG have no parts in common with the Stoner 63 other than the same designer. The KAC LMG is based on Stoner 86 design which is completely different than the 63.

As mentioned in this thread, there are 2 FB groups dedicated to the Stoner 63 and making parts and a semi gun.

I own a full auto gun but I am helping in the effort in making parts and reverse engineering parts that will work both for the full auto and semi auto guns.

http://weaponblueprints.com/mongo/pictures/Stoner-63/Left-side-beltfeed/Stoner-left%20feed%20hanger-open-small.jpg

View Quote

Interesting I have never seen a left side feed pattern of the 63a with the box and belt cover set up like that.

Who is the resident stoner 63 expert here?
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 8:19:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Packman:

Interesting I have never seen a left side feed pattern of the 63a with the box and belt cover set up like that.

Who is the resident stoner 63 expert here?
View Quote
That's because its the only one that exist. Its my gun. John Thomas of retro rifle fame helped me out. The hanger is an airsoft hanger. The hanger was taken apart and reversed and some minor additions to make it usable on a real gun were made. I'm actually surprised someone here picked up on the uniqueness of it.

Link Posted: 7/30/2024 9:18:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By sgthatred:
That's because its the only one that exist. Its my gun. John Thomas of retro rifle fame helped me out. The hanger is an airsoft hanger. The hanger was taken apart and reversed and some minor additions to make it usable on a real gun were made. I'm actually surprised someone here picked up on the uniqueness of it.

http://weaponblueprints.com/mongo/pictures/Stoner-63/Left-side-beltfeed/Stoner-left%20feed%20hanger-leftfront-small.jpg
View Quote

Okay that is absolutely awesome!!! Sorry I am super detail oriented and so I immediately knew something was very different with this Stoner 63A. Thank you for taking your time to explain what you had done, truly a work of art! John Thomas really is a master at his craft.

Link Posted: 7/30/2024 9:33:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Packman:

Okay that is absolutely awesome!!! Sorry I am super detail oriented and so I immediately knew something was very different with this Stoner 63A. Thank you for taking your time to explain what you had done, truly a work of art! John Thomas really is a master at his craft.

View Quote
np, its my favorite subject.
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 10:13:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

The economics behind your claim are sketchy at best.  No one else has fallen on their sword since Robinson.  We have this Facebook group and if they can get semi-auto receivers to market, grab one, be prepared to wait, and be prepared to lose your deposit and never hear from them again.
View Quote

Robinson did it poorly. The economics only make sense if the one spearheading the project is an unapologetic unrepentant addict for the Stoner and then also prices it accordingly high to justify production. Look at the fg42 clones.

I’ve been a member of the two Stoner fb groups for a few years. I really hope this project sees production.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 12:07:01 AM EDT
[#31]
I thought some company in the 1970s made like 100 semi auto variation of the Stoner 63.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 1:39:12 AM EDT
[#32]

Robinson did it poorly. The economics only make sense if the one spearheading the project is an unapologetic unrepentant addict for the Stoner and then also prices it accordingly high to justify production. Look at the fg42 clones.

I’ve been a member of the two Stoner fb groups for a few years. I really hope this project sees production.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:  The economics behind your claim are sketchy at best.  No one else has fallen on their sword since Robinson.  We have this Facebook group and if they can get semi-auto receivers to market, grab one, be prepared to wait, and be prepared to lose your deposit and never hear from them again.

I really hope it sees production as well.  I don't think the economics make sense any way you cut it.  The AR-15 is now more modular than its stepchild.
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 6:29:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Apec] [#33]
Originally Posted By AR18:
I thought some company in the 1970s made like 100 semi auto variation of the Stoner 63.
View Quote

From what I've read, most of those guns were made "on the side" by actual Cadillac-Gage employees using their company equipment.
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 9:13:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sgthatred] [#34]
Originally Posted By AR18:
View Quote
The Stoner 66 was the semi auto version that Cadillac Gage made for civilian sales. A sample was submitted to ATF and they declared it too close to the machine gun and therefore itself was declared a machine gun. It was never sold to the public.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 3:31:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Any updates? I heard there was some movement on the approval of the semi version. I do not have Facebook so I am no tup to date on info.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 9:57:13 PM EDT
[#36]
A semi version was approved in July. That doesn’t mean there will be anything more than a receiver for a long time (and even how complete the first versions of the receiver will be is subject to some debate). Also everything else needed for a complete gun is still up to the end user. There are some parts like barrels and furniture that have some limited production, but big parts of the gun such as fcg, bolt carrier assemblies and the lower still don’t have modern production established so your limited to original parts and their associated prices currently.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:41:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By M4-Pilot:
A semi version was approved in July. That doesn't mean there will be anything more than a receiver for a long time (and even how complete the first versions of the receiver will be is subject to some debate). Also everything else needed for a complete gun is still up to the end user. There are some parts like barrels and furniture that have some limited production, but big parts of the gun such as fcg, bolt carrier assemblies and the lower still don't have modern production established so your limited to original parts and their associated prices currently.
View Quote

There is an effort to get parts made.  I have offered to get involved in the manufacturing of FCG, and operating group.  But there seems to others in front of me that are already in the firearm business
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 4:32:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Elcunning:

There is an effort to get parts made.  I have offered to get involved in the manufacturing of FCG, and operating group.  But there seems to others in front of me that are already in the firearm business
View Quote

Oh I understand that. I’m involved with some of the parts that are already available, but for an out of the box functional semi 63 to be anywhere close to reality … it’s just not happening for a LONG time. Not to mention any type of belt fed, which is what *most* people would be looking for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top