Read the book by Paul Smith above and it is a good read

LT Ed Dames was a supporting team member, not on the varsity team
He never held the rank of major
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:36:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Bump for more spookies
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#3]
It's Halloween guys.....love this thread!

AoD
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 11:35:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Anyone have some family get-together Thanksgiving stories?
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 12:30:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spartacus] [#5]
OK this happened a few months ago. I'll post because this is "The Creepy" thread but I'm sure there's an explanation that's not paranormal.

So I was doing some work at a local high school. Daytime, sunny, hit AZ summer day. Late summer vacation time frame so no one supposed to be in the buildings. But it's not unusual for a teacher to pop in for some reason or other.

My supervisor told me to go to a storage room in one of the buildings of classrooms and get something we needed.

The building is a U shape. The U being the hallways with classes on both sides of the hallways facing each other. The middle lower portion of the U are student restrooms on one side and the storage room on the other. There are two classrooms each side of the storage room.

OK, so on with the Happening.

I walk down one of the hallways to the storage room and go inside. I'm standing there thinking, "what the heck did he want again?" I herp-a-derpped on what I was supposed to find. So I stepped into to outside the room to see if could recall what I was doing.

So I'm standing there head down in thought and I catch a movement from the right. I glance that direction and see a head looking out of a classroom looking in my direction.

I give a quick nod then look away hoping "he" doesn't want to Shanghai me for some BS task.

I remember what a was after, grab it and leave. Passing the classroom on the way. The door is closed, the lights off and the only thing I can hear is my footsteps.

Later I'm processing:

1. The classroom door was closed. If you open or especially close a door in this building you'll hear it. It will click or clunk but you cannot close a door silently in this building. I never heard a door open or close.

2. The lights are motion activated. Walk in the room, lights go on. Leave they shut off after a few minutes. There's a window in the door, there were no lights on in that room.

3. The head that popped out was a dark haired male. Other than that nondescript. The head was perpendicular to the floor*. Not at an angle as one would expect from someone leaning into the hallway.

Now the good part.

Later on we were told that a teacher had suddenly dropped dead a couple of weeks ago and we needed to wait to work on the room until after the family came to clear out personal effects. When we were given the go ahead a few days later we went to work.

Same room where I saw the head looking at me.

I'm reasonably sure there's an explanation but I haven't thought of it yet.

*clarification: in case I got my perpendiculars and parallels mixed up. As the head faced me one ear was towards the ceiling and one towards the floor.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 2:37:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Spartacus:
OK this happened a few months ago. I'll post because this is "The Creepy" thread but I'm sure there's an explanation that's not paranormal.

So I was doing some work at a local high school. Daytime, sunny, hit AZ summer day. Late summer vacation time frame so no one supposed to be in the buildings. But it's not unusual for a teacher to pop in for some reason or other.

My supervisor told me to go to a storage room in one of the buildings of classrooms and get something we needed.

The building is a U shape. The U being the hallways with classes on both sides of the hallways facing each other. The middle lower portion of the U are student restrooms on one side and the storage room on the other. There are two classrooms each side of the storage room.

I walk down one of the hallways to the storage room and go inside. I'm standing there thinking, "what the heck did he want again?" I herp-a-derpped on what I was supposed to find. So I stepped into to outside the room to see if could recall what I was doing.

So I'm standing there head down in thought and I catch a movement from the right. I glance that direction and see a head looking out of a classroom looking in my direction.

I give a quick nod then look away hoping "he" doesn't want to Shanghai me for some BS task.

I remember what a was after, grab it and leave. Passing the classroom on the way. The door is closed, the lights off and the only thing I can hear is my footsteps.

Later I'm processing:

1. The classroom door was closed. If you open or especially close a door in this building you'll hear it. It will click or clunk but you cannot close a door silently in this building. I never heard a door open or close.

2. The lights are motion activated. Walk in the room, lights go on. Leave they shut off after a few minutes. There's a window in the door, there were no lights on in that room.

3. The head that popped out was a dark haired male. Other than that nondescript. The head was perpendicular to the floor. Not at an angle as one would expect from someone leaning into the hallway.

Now the good part.

Later on we were told that a teacher had suddenly dropped dead a couple of weeks ago and we needed to wait to work on the room until after the family came to clear out personal effects. When we were given the go ahead a few days later we went to work.

View Quote

Interesting post, thanks.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 2:46:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Later I'm processing:

3. The head that popped out was a dark haired male. Other than that nondescript. The head was perpendicular to the floor. Not at an angle as one would expect from someone leaning into the hallway.

Now the good part.

View Quote

You should see if you can find a picture of the deceased teacher to see if it matches what you saw.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 3:00:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spartacus] [#8]
Originally Posted By raffi383:

You should see if you can find a picture of the deceased teacher to see if it matches what you saw.
View Quote

I haven't seen a pic but I've heard he was late 40s early 50s with dark hair. That's roughly accurate to the "head" I saw.

I didn't look real hard as I was deep in thought and trying to be inconspicuous to avoid extra work, lol.

Edit: I've asked and no other workers were in the building. I know all of them by sight and it wasn't any of them.
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 12:07:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Later I'm processing:

Now the good part.

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/18/2023 12:13:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Later I'm processing:

Now the good part.

View Quote

Yeah that one gave me the creeps.
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 4:42:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I can't remember if I've shared this story in this thread or not. It seems very minor but at the time it really freaked me out.

Around 2007 I was working at a business whose headquarters were in an old firehouse that had been converted into offices.  It was a very creepy old building. My office and most of the other offices were on the second floor which had very few windows and was always pitch dark at night, and I always felt like I was being watched when I was walking down the second floor hallway at night.

I was alone in the building working at my desk one winter evening around 7 pm, the entire floor was dark except my office.  I was already creeped out being there alone, and as I'm working my office phone buzzes and lights up indicating that someone on the interoffice phone system in the building is calling and wants me to pick up, but as I said there was no one else in the building (I could easily hear when anyone entered or exited the building).  I just stared at the phone for a few seconds, and quickly decided that there was no way I was going to answer it. I decided my work could wait, and exited the building in record time.
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 5:59:47 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

There is.

You saw a dead person.

Link Posted: 11/22/2023 4:08:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By EastWest:

@Former11BRAVO
Thanks for this information about the Farnsworth Tavern! I don't think I've been on this thread since the beginning of the year. I very much appreciate your memories of your experience in the late 70s/early 80s, etc. Not sure how well I would have handled that experience that the person you talked to experienced when he attempted to stay in "Little Johnny's Room"  (or whatever the name is), overnight.

Sheeesh - I'll have to tell my wife about it - clearly she was right no tell me to stay the hell away from there!    
View Quote

@EastWest

For some reason, your @ didn't reach me, so I'm only now seeing your post.

I'm glad you liked what I wrote. I don't know that I'd not go stay there. It's a nice enough place (although, the food leaves a lot to be desired of late).

Gettysburg is loaded with great haunted places to be experienced - some better than others, of course. Sachs Bridge was always a favorite place we'd hang out/party as kids and the stories from there are legion.

Devil's Den (and that whole area of the southern field; the Slaughter Pen, Little Round Top, Triangular Field, et al) is great too, but the park closes at night now, so it's not nearly the fun it once was. I remember getting chills hanging among the rocks and boulders under a full moon...

Good times!

I've heard the Park Service now regularly looks over the battlefield with thermals, so I won't be going in at night anytime soon. YMMV, of course.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 9:26:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By cdholmes:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cdholmes:

Later I'm processing:

Now the good part.

whats creepier is that whatyou  saw wasnt human
hebrews 9;27
English Standard Version
And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment,

https://biblehub.com/hebrews/9-27.htm

2corinthians 5-8.
New King James Version
We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

https://biblehub.com/2_corinthians/5-8.htm

so these teachings dont really allow for "haunting"  

so, like i say, what you saw wasnt human.  was something trying to make you think haunting was "real"
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 12:51:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By saltydecimator:
whats creepier is that whatyou  saw wasnt human
hebrews 9;27
English Standard Version
And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment,

https://biblehub.com/hebrews/9-27.htm

2corinthians 5-8.
New King James Version
We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

https://biblehub.com/2_corinthians/5-8.htm

so these teachings dont really allow for "haunting"  

so, like i say, what you saw wasnt human.  was something trying to make you think haunting was "real"
View Quote

In the following incidence (one of many we've experienced here), I wonder how/if that actually applies.

My mom and dad had celebrated their 50th anniversary not long before my dad's passing. They were 100% in love until (and after) dad's end.

My ex and my son moved back in to help mom with the home & property a few months after dad died. From the day we returned we'd hear "my dad" get up from bed, every single night, walk down the hallway to the bathroom - right over our bedroom - and return to bed, just as I had all the years I'd lived at home, since I was a kid. Dad was 42 when I was born, so late night trips to the bathroom were routine and I knew the sound of his footfalls.

Those footfalls ended the day my mother joined him. We never heard them again after that - and haven't to this day.

I don't see what some "demonic entity" would have to gain by that... The footfalls? Maybe, but ceasing them the very day my mom died doesn't make sense to me.

Just sayin'.

I should add that my mom's "presence" has dimmed, in the years since her passing ('07). I used to regularly smell her Chanel #5 out of nowhere, but not for years now. We used to regularly "hear conversational voices" while in the downstairs shower too, but those have faded, as well - at least, for me. My GF said she heard voices and footsteps while in the shower the other day (and even got out her pistol and kept it with her until I got home, the other day!), but I'd sure not heard or sensed anything.

Ha! My comment that our two 2 yr old labs would've been flipping out if anyone were in the house was only met with a fiery glare! LOL
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 12:47:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 1:16:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Couple of things that have come up recently.  My coworker told me yesterday that he had been in the woods hunting yesterday and heard his own voice call his name.  He said he noped on out of there and called it a day.  Of course, I told him there was probably a wendigo or something in his neck of the woods.  He went hunting again today, and told me nothing called his name today, but he could hear a baby crying in the middle of the woods. I told him it sounds like he needs a new place to hunt.

The house my parents have lived in for the last 20 years they bought from the family of the lady who had previously lived (and died) in the house.  Both my mom and dad told me recently that they had been catching random whiffs of cigarette smoke lately (the old lady used to smoke inside).  I remember occasionally smelling cigarette smoke during the couple years I lived there before I moved out.  In addition to the smoke, dad said, he was watching TV a few nights ago and looked over and saw an old lady in a pink bathrobe sitting in the other recliner smoking a cigarette.  He said he stared for a few seconds before she disappeared.  Both mom and dad said it doesn't seem like there's anything bad going on, just the old lady seems to still be hanging around.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 1:21:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Detn8r-Red2:
Couple of things that have come up recently.  My coworker told me yesterday that he had been in the woods hunting yesterday and heard his own voice call his name.  He said he noped on out of there and called it a day.  Of course, I told him there was probably a wendigo or something in his neck of the woods.  He went hunting again today, and told me nothing called his name today, but he could hear a baby crying in the middle of the woods. I told him it sounds like he needs a new place to hunt.

The house my parents have lived in for the last 20 years they bought from the family of the lady who had previously lived (and died) in the house.  Both my mom and dad told me recently that they had been catching random whiffs of cigarette smoke lately (the old lady used to smoke inside).  I remember occasionally smelling cigarette smoke during the couple years I lived there before I moved out.  In addition to the smoke, dad said, he was watching TV a few nights ago and looked over and saw an old lady in a pink bathrobe sitting in the other recliner smoking a cigarette.  He said he stared for a few seconds before she disappeared.  Both mom and dad said it doesn't seem like there's anything bad going on, just the old lady seems to still be hanging around.
View Quote

fuck that  

I would be out of there also
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 1:37:22 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

Isn't that the weirdest part?
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 5:47:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 1:45:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 10:02:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By FistPeso:

I heard LA say that as well.  I have considered that as a real possibility long before he mentioned it.  I agree they are demonic vessels.  The late Scott Carpenter had a similar thought that they are a staging army that continues to grow.
View Quote

Well. I heard a guy named “duke” from world of bigfeet or something say anecdotes on a “blurry creatures “ podcast that said an exorcist (sample of 1, I know) was camping and had a BF shake or slam the tree he was in. Tried to cast feomon out, no workie, realized it was BF and just hightailed it out of there   So that’s interesting anecdote 🤷‍♂️

He also said some lady sequenced the female DNA, and it’s a human and something else hybrid they don’t know what
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 1:08:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6gunfighter2] [#23]

View Quote

"Baby crying" was probably a wildcat of some sort.

They can sound AMAZINGLY like a human infant crying.

I have heard it myself before and it will send chills down your spine.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 2:14:04 AM EDT
[#24]

I heard LA say that as well.  I have considered that as a real possibility long before he mentioned it.  I agree they are demonic vessels.  The late Scott Carpenter had a similar thought that they are a staging army that continues to grow.
View Quote

I had no idea he passed
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 2:30:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By NostalgiaforInfinity:

I had no idea he passed
View Quote

His research was, and still is, miles ahead of the majority of folks in the field.  What is happening around us, on the fringe of what we perceive as reality, is both alarming and frightening.   Like Carpenter, I have always believed that these cryptids have a future military purpose, the type of purpose that causes men’s hearts to fail.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:50:59 PM EDT
[#26]

His research was, and still is, miles ahead of the majority of folks in the field.  What is happening around us, on the fringe of what we perceive as reality, is both alarming and frightening.   Like Carpenter, I have always believed that these cryptids have a future military purpose, the type of purpose that causes men’s hearts to fail.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NostalgiaforInfinity:

I had no idea he passed

That's a first for me.

What made you "always believe that"?
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 12:23:24 AM EDT
[#27]
I hoped I’d never contribute to this thread, though I enjoy reading it occasionally.

For the last few months I’ve been working on a project in another state; my employer is renting a house there where I’ve been staying 3-4 nights a week, commuting most weeks from home. Place is nothing special, older house in a decent neighborhood. Been perfectly fine until last night.

About 3:30-4:00 AM I was listening to an Art Bell rerun, which I do basically every night. He was taking calls on the Weird Person line, and received a fax from a Satan worshipper.

I don’t remember what it was about, but he read the letter on the air. I was mostly asleep during this. I distinctly remember the letter ended in “Hail Satan,” because when he said that, the bed jolted, like somebody had been sitting on the edge and they jumped up suddenly.

Immediately awake, I threw the covers off and looked around; nothing was out of place except I noticed the bedroom door had been closed. The door was open when I went to bed, and had been open since July. I’ve never moved it. Didn’t sleep for the rest of the night.

I’m writing this from the Hilton and will be going back to the house tomorrow to clean the place up and get my luggage. After that I’m leaving and not going back.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 12:32:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By stangwagon:
I hoped I’d never contribute to this thread, though I enjoy reading it occasionally.

For the last few months I’ve been working on a project in another state; my employer is renting a house there where I’ve been staying 3-4 nights a week, commuting most weeks from home. Place is nothing special, older house in a decent neighborhood. Been perfectly fine until last night.

About 3:30-4:00 AM I was listening to an Art Bell rerun, which I do basically every night. He was taking calls on the Weird Person line, and received a fax from a Satan worshipper.

I don’t remember what it was about, but he read the letter on the air. I was mostly asleep during this. I distinctly remember the letter ended in “Hail Satan,” because when he said that, the bed jolted, like somebody had been sitting on the edge and they jumped up suddenly.

Immediately awake, I threw the covers off and looked around; nothing was out of place except I noticed the bedroom door had been closed. The door was open when I went to bed, and had been open since July. I’ve never moved it. Didn’t sleep for the rest of the night.

I’m writing this from the Hilton and will be going back to the house tomorrow to clean the place up and get my luggage. After that I’m leaving and not going back.
View Quote

You know what's really creepy?

Seeing Scotty in your avatar. *shivers

Link Posted: 12/19/2023 1:36:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Former11BRAVO:

That's a first for me.

What made you "always believe that"?
View Quote

Always is relative to my time in the field and studying the subject.  Every creature is purpose built, and these creatures are built to produce terror and possess all the attributes of a perfect apex predator. There are also supernatural elements associated with them.  If these entities were not supernatural, they would have free will and the world would be a different place.  As it stands, their supernatural aspect binds them and the name of Jesus has dominion over them.  It’s that understanding, and the faith to leverage it, that is truly our best protection.  

I made the purpose built observation early on and noted that their populations are growing.  You just extend that into the future and you can see that we have a problem that needs solving.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 2:53:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stangwagon:
I hoped I'd never contribute to this thread, though I enjoy reading it occasionally.

For the last few months I've been working on a project in another state; my employer is renting a house there where I've been staying 3-4 nights a week, commuting most weeks from home. Place is nothing special, older house in a decent neighborhood. Been perfectly fine until last night.

I don't remember what it was about, but he read the letter on the air. I was mostly asleep during this. I distinctly remember the letter ended in "Hail Satan," because when he said that, the bed jolted, like somebody had been sitting on the edge and they jumped up suddenly.

Immediately awake, I threw the covers off and looked around; nothing was out of place except I noticed the bedroom door had been closed. The door was open when I went to bed, and had been open since July. I've never moved it. Didn't sleep for the rest of the night.

I'm writing this from the Hilton and will be going back to the house tomorrow to clean the place up and get my luggage. After that I'm leaving and not going back.

Agreed

"Rev up your engines!"  
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 2:24:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Not really classifying as creepy, but weird as hell.  I'm sure there is a scientific explanation for it.

Tuesday Morning, we were eating breakfast like normal.  Our dining room is next to the front door. All of a sudden, we hear BOOOOIIIIIINNNNNGGGGG.  It was the front door stop.  Loud and plain as day as if someone had walked over and intentionally sprung it.  Dog is under the table ready for scraps from the little one like always.  No one else in the house.  Our house is newer and I've never even seen evidence of rodents. Investigated the immediate area and nothing at all.  Very Bizarre.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 12:11:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Glck1911:
Not really classifying as creepy, but weird as hell.  I'm sure there is a scientific explanation for it.

Tuesday Morning, we were eating breakfast like normal.  Our dining room is next to the front door. All of a sudden, we hear BOOOOIIIIIINNNNNGGGGG.  It was the front door stop.  Loud and plain as day as if someone had walked over and intentionally sprung it.  Dog is under the table ready for scraps from the little one like always.  No one else in the house.  Our house is newer and I've never even seen evidence of rodents. Investigated the immediate area and nothing at all.  Very Bizarre.
View Quote

Yeah, about that?

There's no scientific explanation for that.

A poltergeist stepped on the front door stop.

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:53:19 AM EDT
[#33]
More stories please!

Lots of good recent ones.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:12:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By 6gunfighter2:

Yeah, about that?

View Quote

I don’t know about all that. It has been on my mind though and I’ve been trying to come up with an explanation. Can’t think of anything. Still a mystery
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 12:13:31 AM EDT
[#35]

I don’t know about all that. It has been on my mind though and I’ve been trying to come up with an explanation. Can’t think of anything. Still a mystery
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 6gunfighter2:

Yeah, about that?

An object at rest remains at rest unless it is acted upon by external force which in this case was probably the ghost of the dead grandma of the previous owner of the house.

That's Newton's Third Law of "It's Time To Sell Your House."

Link Posted: 1/9/2024 12:34:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Wolfpack] [#36]
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 12:40:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By hitchhiker:
Bump for more spookies
View Quote

How bout a Witch story?

Link Posted: 1/9/2024 12:57:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Not sure that I posted this, but maybe 15-16 years ago, my grandma took me and my cousin to Philadelphia for vacation during the summer.  One of the days, we went to Eastern State Penitentiary for a tour. After the tour, they let you walk around certain area unguided, but somewhat guided by the gravel paths they’ve set up.

Well me and cousin walk into the one condemned cell block, they let you enter from the end, opposite from the center hub, and about 15 feet in, there’s a big gate that keeps you from going into the condemned area. The concrete floor is long gone and replaced with gravel. We’re standing at the gate reading the plaques and right after I finished reading it, I looked up to see a shadow walk across the cell block near the guard station. I turned and asked my cousin if he saw it, and as soon as I finished asking, we both heard someone walking on the gravel behind us. Turn around and nobody’s there, walk outside and there’s nobody within 100 feet of the door to the cell block.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 1:25:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Wolfpack:
Around 2010 I was a volunteer security guard at a large mega church in Las Vegas. We had alot of spooky things happen and 4 or 5 of us all heard of saw things. The rest of the security teased us and thought we were nuts. The events all happened in and around one building, a 2 story building used for funerals sometimes. In fact my gf had her funeral inside that building in 2008.

Anyways during the second and last service of the night a huge Hispanic guard, by the nickname Rhino who was one that thought we were all crazy because of the stories of other stuff we had seen and heard called out over the radio that he needs "Basecamp" opened up as there are people inside. Basecamp is closed, armed with motion detectors during that service. He is telling us he's hearing tables sliding around, people laughing and screaming....like a party. The head security guy tells him on the radio it's impossible he just armed the building 30 mins ago.

We all walk over and Rhino is out front proud as can be he has obviously caught these folks who somehow got in and are having a party. The head guy opens the door, all is dark, the alarm starts giving its "you got 30 seconds to disarm me" sound...he disarms it. No tables are out of place, no chairs have been disturbed....no sound...nothing.

That was it for Rhino, he never went by Basecamp again at night or by himself in the day. We told a pastor there one night after service a few of our experiences and the church actually did a "supernatural" series a few months later.

That building gave me the creeps some nights. I locked up a few nights a week and a couple times the hair on my neck stood up as I walked towards it. I left it unarmed a few nights.
View Quote

I posted this story already once, somewhere in the voluminous back pages of this thread (it was several years ago), but I will do it again.

This story came from my grandmother, who is also now gone from this world.

She said that when her husband, my grandfather, died (which was before I was born), about a night after it happened (or maybe it was the same night, I don't remember), she had gone out to run a brief errand.

When she came back to the house, which her and my grandfather lived in alone, it was well after dark, and she saw something very bizarre.

She said that as she looked at the house from the outside, the lights in each room were flashing on and off rapidly, in quick succession, as if someone was maniacally running from one room to the next, flipping light switches on and off.

She said this lasted several seconds, then stopped, and the house was pitch dark again.

Now my grandmother was a VERY brave woman, and this was in an era decades before anything like a cel phone existed to call for help, so she just went inside, alone, to investigate.

Nothing.

No one there.  No sign of forced entry.  Nothing disturbed in any way.  Everything just as her (and her now deceased husband) had left it.

She assumed somehow this was his ghost, perhaps making some attempt at communication from beyond.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 1:47:04 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Like Frontline Morality Destroyers ?
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 6:43:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Stumbled upon this the other night.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 7:53:39 PM EDT
[#42]
I have a few stories the first of which is very short but affected me for years. Many years ago, a group of us would head up to northern Ontario for a fly-in fishing trip each summer. We would stay a week in the middle of nowhere, have a blast and then come home. One night I had a dream my neighbor was knocking on the cabin door wanting to come in and join the group. Our group was in our mid twenties and this guy was probably 50 and not an outdoorsman by any stretch. I told him no as I had no interest in him joining us. Afterward I felt bad not letting him join the group. The next day I told the group. One of the guys knew him and said "don't feel bad he's not one of us".
When I got home my mother told me that the neighbor had died of a stroke. It was shocking. I'm glad I kept him out.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:30:00 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

There's a blast from the past.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 12:39:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Great thread! I'm glad to see it pop up again as I did not subscribe to it originally.

All I got is I heard my gf say my name once. Small, rectangular house with an addition behind the west end. One early morning I heard her say my name from the addition and snapped awake. She was at her place in Chiraq.

I remember reading a story a few years ago, not sure if it was on here but it did have a bit of a /k/ vibe. This guy goes dirt bike camping in a SW desert, brings along an AK variant. He saw some luminescent eyed demon thing stalking him and fired a few rounds at it. I don't remember anymore, anyone got this one?
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 11:05:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CenterMass762] [#45]
I have weird shit happen pretty often that's ridiculous and not really believable.

I have an antique stand-up coat rack with a curricular shelf on the top of it. I put my gloves and winter hat on it.

Last night I was sitting in my chair watching a movie on the Outlaw channel and watching a youtube video during commercials. I'm watching the video on my phone when the movie comes back on, I lock my phone and as soon as I look back up, my two gloves, not connected to each other in any way, fly off the shelf and land on the floor about 4' away from the coat rack and 2' from each other.

I literally watched it happen my my own eyes. Very strange.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 1:35:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CenterMass762] [#46]
View Quote

That's a throwback!

Cool story and true, minus the paranormal stuff. Him and his buddy really did discover, dig through, and explore a new part of Interstate Cave. There are also creepy noises down there from the sounds of the interstate reverberating through the rock. He just embellished it for a good early internet story.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 7:42:08 AM EDT
[#47]
My parents would often send us to visit relatives over the summer vacation.  Gave us time with extended family and gave them a break

I was six and my sister was 3 when we went with my maternal grandparents to visit my great grandmother.   She lived outside Cleveland and I typically only saw her if she visited my grandparents in Houston.   She was getting older and travelling was getting hard so we went on a roadtrip to visit her.

Almost 50 years later my memories of my grandmother are a bit hazy.   She was a bit over 5 ft tall, extremely thin,  white haired and was not to be trifled with.   The first time I got too big for my britches she had me cut a switch and tore me a new one.   She was also one of the kindest, most loving women I have ever known.   When the song "Grandma's Hands" comes on, she is who I think of.

Granny was also a big believer in starting the day off right.  Every day we were there visiting, she prepared a huge breakfast.  Rashers of bacon, sausage, eggs, hash browns, pancakes, waffles, etc..  It was like a breakfast buffet every morning.  I was a  skinny kid and she was trying to put some weight on me, so she also would make my waffles with ice cream.   We were down to our last morning and I woke up the sound and smell of frying bacon. I came down and as usual everything was on the table for breakfast but noone was there.   My ice cream was going to melt, so I sat down and dug in.   A few minutes later as the smell wafted through the house, my grandparents came down with my sister and also started eating.   Granny hadn't made her appearance yet, so once I finished my waffles and ice cream, I went to go see what she was up to.  

I found her in bed.   She didn't wake up even after I tried to shake her awake.  She was the first dead body I had ever seen so I new something was weird, but I didn't really get it.   I went out to my grandpa and told him Granny wouldn't wakeup.  He went and checked on her and called 911.    I heard my grandma tell my grandpa that Granny must have got up, made breakfast, laid back down to rest for a few, and died in her sleep.  

The interesting part I didn't find out until a few years later when talking to my grandparents about her.  The coroner put her time of death at around midnight.  Both of my grandparents are adamant they didn't make breakfast that morning.  I like to think it was Granny taking care of all of us one last time.

Link Posted: 1/21/2024 7:43:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Dino:
-Snip-  

I like to think it was Granny taking care of all of us one last time.

View Quote

I think you are right.  
Thanks for posting that.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 7:21:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 2:32:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: braapJob] [#50]
Originally Posted By Captain_Morgan:

I used to experience this exact thing relatively frequently. When I was a kid it would happen maybe once every month or two. Most of the time it was seemingly mundane things. I’ve read how they think deja vu is a product of prior memories being stitched together, but like you, I’ve had it involve things I wouldn’t yet experience. For example, one involved a situation where my mom was in a wheelchair but I had the dream prior to her stroke.

They used to be fairly frequent things but I can’t say when the last time I had one was. Oddly enough, I can pinpoint when they started to go away. I decided that when I recognized one was happening, I would try to do something deliberately different than the dream (say something different, go somewhere different, or even just make a different gesture).

I often wonder if me rejecting the situation made me lose some special ability.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Captain_Morgan:
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:
Not specifically creepy, more odd/weird.

Several times over the years I've had what would be called a "precognitive" dream, for lack of a better description. It's not a sense of "something is going to happen" shortly before "something" happens to make that clear.

These are distinctly different from deja vu and deja reve, as the dreams have always been of situations they I have never been in before, at any point in my life. The dreams happen roughly 6-9 months before I'm in that same situation and are so oddly specific and vivid. I don't get a clear picture of the people involved, but I do get roughly 5-10 seconds of the entire scene from my perspective. Conversations, actions(people, animals, inanimate objects) and full sensory information.

To describe it better, try to remember and picture 5-10sec of something you did early today. Focus on trying to recreate the 5 senses, conversations, what you and other people were doing. Basically an instant replay. That's what I get in one of these dreams.

One could argue that these "dreams" are really just my brain making an amalgamation of past experiences shaped by knowing I'm going to be doing something in the future a few months out and that it really is just deja vu/reve.
I can't argue against that being the case, but there have been a few that just don't line up with that.

For example:
A few months before I went to bootcamp, I dreamed of pulling up to a building in a police car, getting out with a rifle, walking into a big metal building, it was cold in the building and a giant thermometer on the wall showed -10F.

What this turned out to be, was me on one of my first days at Eglin AFB, going to the McKinley Climatic lab. The element of the climatic lab I might have known in some deep recess, as I grew up 45min away from Eglin. But that would have just been the name, as until the USAF, I had never been on the base or known the size of the building. As for the police car and gun, I can't think of a way I would have known that because I didn't join the USAF with the intention of being Security Forces or even carrying a gun. I was an idiot and accidentally marked Open General in basic, which is how I ended up carry a gun for my enlistment.

Next was two dreams, of jumping out of a slowing moving small SUV like vehicle, chasing and catching lizards, next to some trees along a road in the desert. First dream I didn't catch the lizard, second dream I did. About a month later, I get orders to Ali a Salem Air Base Kuwait.
Sure enough, about 6 months after those dreams, there I am jumping out of Kia Sorento chasing lizards at Kuwait International Airport, which incidentally has trees along the perimeter road, in a desert.

The thing is, aside from a deployment to Al Udeid, Qatar, I've never been to a desert in my life, nor have I chased 2ft lizards. No trees, lizards or Kia's at the base in Qatar either. I didn't even know I was going to be working at the Airport(with the trees in the desert) until a few days after being at Salem.
As it was, the first day of the lizard hunt was unsuccessful because the sense of familiarity and realizing I had dreamed this, threw me off. The next day was a success, because when I got that same feeling, I just went along with it.

There are a few more over the years mostly dealing with stuff in the military, but those two are the standouts. I still have them on occasion, but there is often enough overlap with prior experiences that I dismiss them. Every now and again I do get one that is novel and the sensation of realization isn't enough to jar me in the moment anymore.

As far as neurological/psychological conditions, I don't have epilepsy or seizures, not schizo or bipolar, no issue with memory or cognition. No history of those in the family either.

It's just weird, I can't explain it to myself.

Also, I've had these before and after being partially struck by lightning, so I don't think that has anything to with it.

I used to experience this exact thing relatively frequently. When I was a kid it would happen maybe once every month or two. Most of the time it was seemingly mundane things. I’ve read how they think deja vu is a product of prior memories being stitched together, but like you, I’ve had it involve things I wouldn’t yet experience. For example, one involved a situation where my mom was in a wheelchair but I had the dream prior to her stroke.

They used to be fairly frequent things but I can’t say when the last time I had one was. Oddly enough, I can pinpoint when they started to go away. I decided that when I recognized one was happening, I would try to do something deliberately different than the dream (say something different, go somewhere different, or even just make a different gesture).

I often wonder if me rejecting the situation made me lose some special ability.

Same. As far back as I can remember as a kid, I had pre-cog/deja vu dreams very very often. As I’ve gotten older, I have done the same thing. As soon as I realize it’s happening, I try to change what I do to “stop” the Deja vu and go down a “different timeline” if you will, lol. Since I’ve been doing that, they happen far less frequently.

Not sure if I shared it in this thread but we had a lot of weird happenings in my house after my wife’s mom died on Jan 1 2023. Shadow figures in the corner of our eyes, shit falling/moving, the usual stuff. I think after the “anger” her mom “felt” subsided (you know…dying unexpectedly and all), all of it stopped.

I think the most “creepy” is my niece (wife’s sister’s daughter) told her mom that “gam gam is wondering why she’s trapped in a box and why she can’t come out and swim.” They cremated their mom and we were supposed to go the Caribbean after the holidays and they were going to spread her ashes in the Atlantic. They had gone there and various other tropical vacations their whole life with their mom and her mom was always collecting mermaid trinkets, pictures, etc. My SIL said she turned pure white and started bawling because there’s zero chance my niece would have known that information, she was 3 when their mom died and now she’s 4.
Page / 149
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top