BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:54:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SWIRE:

I hate to break the news but no one is going to wake up.  Even if all hunters were screwed all of opening weekend nothing would change.  The few that care about gun rights are already awake.  The rest are fine being told what to do.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By beruitUSMC0351:

Maybe it will wake some folks up when then show up to cabelas hoping to pick up a new hunting rifle

I hate to break the news but no one is going to wake up.  Even if all hunters were screwed all of opening weekend nothing would change.  The few that care about gun rights are already awake.  The rest are fine being told what to do.

Unfortunately I think you are right. No one at my work cares about guns other than me. Hell, two of them I consider liberals when it comes to gun rights.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:57:46 AM EDT
[#2]
We have a 72hr wait here too. It is incredibly annoying and a major violation of the 2A.

So of course they introduced a 10 day waiting period bill this year. The 3 day was only passed last year and now they claim they need 10 days for “safety.”

Erosion is the name of the game.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:57:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I wonder how many people will now go buy a gun just because of this?
"I may need a gun someday and might not have 72he to spare"
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:00:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By cmw:
Waiting for all the "move to a free state" and "you voted for this" guys...
View Quote
Move to a free state.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:00:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By CS223:
Better than Alachua Co Fl. 5 day wait that doesn't include the day you make the purchase, the day you pick it up or weekends & holidays. So 8-10 days in reality.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CS223:
Passed overnight by 1 vote with little public debate or awareness. Maybe it will wake some folks up when then show up to cabelas hoping to pick up a new hunting rifle and get told to come back next week
Better than Alachua Co Fl. 5 day wait that doesn't include the day you make the purchase, the day you pick it up or weekends & holidays. So 8-10 days in reality.

Not applicable to rifle & shotguns if you've taken the hunter safety course or if you are LE or a CO.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:05:25 AM EDT
[#6]
In the immortal words of Homer Simpson, “but I’m mad now!”
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:05:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Passed overnight by 1 vote with little public debate or awareness. Maybe it will wake some folks up when then show up to cabelas hoping to pick up a new hunting rifle and get told to come back next week…
View Quote

yep that’ll crimp those vacationer sales at Kittery
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:08:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By JG_Wentworth:
72 hours wait will help make someone think twice before shooting someone
View Quote

Lol

Dumbest shit I’ve read in awhile
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:11:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
https://survivalblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/80_Percent_Lower_16.jpg

Quit asking tyrants permission to exercise your god given rights.

One thing they can't take from you is knowledge.
View Quote

Fuck the king !
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:12:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By mikeyb76:
I was pissed when they removed the CPL exemption. My 43x was 14 days. So glad I'm outta there.

And why is it all these anti-gun laws are passed in the middle of the night?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mikeyb76:
Originally Posted By NachoDip:
Washington is 10 days now. Doesn't include the day you start the paperwork and doesn't include weekends or holidays. So yeah. It's going to be a while.
I was pissed when they removed the CPL exemption. My 43x was 14 days. So glad I'm outta there.

And why is it all these anti-gun laws are passed in the middle of the night?

Because they know it’s a losing issue and garners protest.

They’ll do that shit in the middle of the night when no one is awake, then act like it takes an act of god to remove any such law once enacted.

They’re lying, disingenuous pieces of shit.

And this “passed by a 1 vote majority” is fucking bullshit. Any new criminal code should require, at a minimum, 80% majority, or higher. This faggotry of political douchewaffles passing partisan laws specifically to punish the folks that don’t vote for them is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:13:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sailboat] [#11]
Originally Posted By The_Beaten_Weiner:

It's my gun I want it now !
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By The_Beaten_Weiner:

It's my gun I want it now !
But I'm angry now!

(That is a Simpsons reference to the government employee recording and documenting this.)
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:16:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By FoxValleyTacDriver:
How many of you guys that are upset are donating to GOA, FPC and NAGR?

If you aren't you should be.
View Quote

This. Gun Owners are lazy as fuck. They think they can just go about life not lifting a finger.

Mainers are a great example of this. They just couldn't be bothered.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:16:41 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

You lost me at NAGR.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:24:40 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't think anyone in Congress really cares about gun rights any more except the gun grabbers on the left. They are more interested in bickering with each other and funding foreign countries so their shithead citizens can walk freely across our Southern Border to bask in the FSA handouts at our expense. JMHO.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:26:46 AM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Please show me instances of someone buying a handgun and going right out and shooting someone immediately after.

Most of the time they have had the gun for months/years.

Criminals acquire their "piece" on black/grey market anyway.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:33:11 AM EDT
[#16]
I think the Va commies pushed a 3 or 5 day waiting period here. I can't remember if it's one of the bullshit laws Youngkin Veto'd or if it never made it to his desk.
Hopefully Va gun owners get off their asses and vote in '25 cause Spanburger is going to cream her panties signing every anti gun law sent to her desk.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:33:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By TW52:

This. Gun Owners are lazy as fuck. They think they can just go about life not lifting a finger.

View All Quotes

I testified against the waiting period and a number of other bills when they were still in committee. I contacted multiple state senators to try to persuade them to vote no, and asked several others to do the same. I attended every gun rights rally at the state house. I am a life member of Gun Owners of Maine, Gun Owners of America, Firearms Policy Coalition, Second Amendment Foundation, National Rifle Association, and Sportsman's Alliance of Maine.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:40:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By nutation:
I testified against the waiting period and a number of other bills when they were still in committee. I contacted multiple state senators to try to persuade them to vote no, and asked several others to do the same. I attended every gun rights rally at the state house. I am a life member of Gun Owners of Maine, Gun Owners of America, Firearms Policy Coalition, Second Amendment Foundation, National Rifle Association, and Sportsman's Alliance of Maine.
View Quote

Sadly, you're the exception.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:44:33 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote
No, it just requires a little patience and planning.

If you're in a rush just buy a gat from homie down to da corner.  Then Glock, Glock.  Problem solved.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:46:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Creatyre:

Do we have a short list yet? All these free states I'm supposed to move to are disappearing.
View Quote

Idaho just passed a law banning ALL firearms.
All firearms must be turned over to local LEO within 24 hours.

Don't move to Idaho if you want to keep your guns.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:47:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: killstick_engaged] [#21]
LOL
Move to a free state. New Hampshire is next door and is 1000x freer than the commie fucks taking over Mainr
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:49:55 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

LOL same.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:51:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kubota3430] [#23]
I okay with this just apply it equally.  That is sarcasm for those that cannot tell.

Wait 72 hours to speak
Wait 72 hours and show id to vote
Wait 72 hours to type a reply on the internet.
Etc Etc Etc.

Why the fuck is the 2nd the only right that is continually infringed on?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:55:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Kittery Trading Post will lose thousands per day selling to NH RESIDENTS. Fuck that…ain’t worth the ride now.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:55:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Portland continues to spread its vile ways through the Great North Woods. What a shame.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:55:44 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

I don't know how much that had to do with this passing but

most purchases of homes that happened in Maine in the last few years were people who moved up there .

I say this because we know a broker up there that is a family friend  and just about all his  agents  had deals that were from out of state .
Lower and to some extent some upper Maine has had a big buying boom of homes and it wasn't people already living in Maine.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:00:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By ranging-by-zipcode:

most purchases of homes that happened in Maine in the last few years were people who moved up there .

I say this because we know a broker up there that is a family friend  and just about all his  agents  had deals that were from out of state .
Lower and to some extent some upper Maine has had a big buying boom of homes and it wasn't people already living in Maine.
View Quote

A lot of those people do not enjoy Maine Winters too. Heard that from the horse's mouth.

Effectively they are coming in going to take a giant political shit on the state and then go back to where they came from
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:04:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By killstick_engaged:

A lot of those people do not enjoy Maine Winters too. Heard that from the horse's mouth.

Effectively they are coming in going to take a giant political shit on the state and then go back to where they came from
View Quote

That I can believe
Maine winters are long
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:11:03 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote
Happens every time.
That's one of the few things that will get such quality and caliber of a gentleman added to my iggy list.

You (they know damn well) I (or the person upset their rights got squashed) did not vote for that shit.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:12:04 AM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Deer hunting here was always the excuse to spend at least one weekend a year away from home with your buds away from the wife and kids and hang out in a tavern or strip joint...actually deer hunting was a lesser of the reasons to go deer hunting.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:21:25 AM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

I hope they leave sooner rather than later.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:21:50 AM EDT
[#32]
The first time I heard the term "Masshole" was in Maine in the late 80's.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:23:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: panthermark] [#33]

View Quote

Donated to all of the above, and SFC SAF as well.

Just renewed with GOA.  

I don't think I'll renew with NAGR because "Dudley" emails me nearly everyday asking for money.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:24:20 AM EDT
[#34]

That I can believe
Maine winters are long
View Quote

The joke is "9 months of winter, and 3 months of pretty rough sledding".

It snowed rather heavily the day my son was born. In May.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:26:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Or walk in your shop, make some freedom glitter and have a operational AR in 2 hours.

Never understood why people still buy AR lowers from the King.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/20856/AF47C90F-2AE8-4818-9A6D-06611F545326-3191075.jpg

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cubie:
Sorry for all those folks. I walk in my LGS and walk out 15 min later with whatever gun I want.
Or walk in your shop, make some freedom glitter and have a operational AR in 2 hours.

Never understood why people still buy AR lowers from the King.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/20856/AF47C90F-2AE8-4818-9A6D-06611F545326-3191075.jpg

I'm good with $29 Anderson lowers
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:47:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By 9divdoc:

Deer hunting here was always the excuse to spend at least one weekend a year away from home with your buds away from the wife and kids and hang out in a tavern or strip joint...actually deer hunting was a lesser of the reasons to go deer hunting.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 9divdoc:

Right. That is how it is most places.  The social aspect is the main reason I went.  Getting a deer was just a plus.  When I lived in Michigan the week before deer season is when all the FUDDs would show up at the public range I went to.  I just avoided it and came back later to find all the target stands, posts, roofs destroyed by bullets.  Those would be the people inconvenienced by a waiting period and they probably wouldn't care anyway as they only pull their gun out once a year anyway.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:48:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Florida republicans have the same thing in place and will not repeal it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:49:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By nutation:

The joke is "9 months of winter, and 3 months of pretty rough sledding".

It snowed rather heavily the day my son was born. In May.
View Quote

That's why I want to move back
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:56:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By AbsoluteLemur:

They'll be here soon enough.

Maine was a top destination state last year. Most of the people voting for this shit weren't here 5 years ago. Collins, Mills, Carney and King get to show their true colors now.

All so tiresome...
View All Quotes

Maine was a top destination state last year. Most of the people voting for this shit weren't here 5 years ago. Collins, Mills, Carney and King get to show their true colors now.

All so tiresome...

It's been a democrat state for awhile. All democrat states are on borrowed time.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:57:10 AM EDT
[#40]

All so tiresome...
View All Quotes

All so tiresome...

It's been a democrat state for awhile. All democrat states are on borrowed time.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:57:34 AM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

This. I wish I had a dollar for everytime someone said this about NY. How's that going for you guys now?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:07:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Who are the traitorous Redcoat sympathizers that will enforce this?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:08:12 PM EDT
[#43]
More freedom wasted away
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:11:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Welcome to the shit show
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:15:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Chuck25:

@CS223
Does a concealed carry bypass that.  I did not realize a county could change that.
View Quote
@Chuck25
Yes, CWP or LE bypasses it but not a hunting license like other countries. Chapter 82 sec 82.04

I think state law permits counties to enact a max of a 5 day wait.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:21:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Glad I moved out. Just surprised it took this long.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:24:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:25:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Waiting periods are not about safety, but are meant to fuck with gun owners. Most gun buyers already own firearms and could do the needful with the guns they already have. This makes the "safety" excuse total bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:27:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Does that also mean no long gun sales to Maine residents by other states FFLs?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By NachoDip:
Washington is 10 days now. Doesn’t include the day you start the paperwork and doesn’t include weekends or holidays. So yeah. It’s going to be a while.
View Quote

Ca is the same but add one gun per month.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top