BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:22:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
maybe?

i doubt i'd qualify for that much mortgage.

can steph chung and/or LBP shovel snow and butcher an elk?

well that and my dream has always been to purchase a 4/3 house in a college town, live in the unfurnished basement, and rent the bedrooms out to bicurious college cheerleaders and/or college gymnast chicks and/or college rower chicks to cover the rent.
View Quote

You’ve got a better business mind than I ever gave you credit for, Bro. Im’a gonna bow out now.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:27:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By RedAngus:

You've got a better business mind than I ever gave you credit for, Bro. Im'a gonna bow out now.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:27:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By RikWriter:

I dropped my daughter off at the Bozeman airport not that long ago.  It was the first time I'd spent more than a few minutes in the town in 2 years and I was amazed how much had changed in just that short of a period of time.  That city is crazy.
View Quote
Yeah, the airport used to be "out of town" a bit but now, Bozeman, Belgrade, and Four Corners is damn near all filled in.  

Interesting to see a handful of large farmers fields in the valley as holdouts but there is so much room to expand that it's crazy.  Bozeman's big problem is amenities.  There isn't much there in terms of "basic" amenities if it wants to get bigger.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:30:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Rem700PSS:
Yeah, the airport used to be "out of town" a bit but now, Bozeman, Belgrade, and Four Corners is damn near all filled in.  

Interesting to see a handful of large farmers fields in the valley as holdouts but there is so much room to expand that it's crazy.  Bozeman's big problem is amenities.  There isn't much there in terms of "basic" amenities if it wants to get bigger.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rem700PSS:

I dropped my daughter off at the Bozeman airport not that long ago.  It was the first time I'd spent more than a few minutes in the town in 2 years and I was amazed how much had changed in just that short of a period of time.  That city is crazy.

Yeah, that was my first thought, about how the town had grown out to meet the airport.  I used to fly in there all the time for trips to Yellowstone up until 2021, and it was a bit of a drive back into town to go to the Walmart to stock up before heading to the park, with nothing really in-between.  Now...
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:54:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OscarD] [#5]

Which part?  Them being outvoted or them moving?  Because I can see people in CO and AZ not moving because they still hold out hope things will change.  CA is beyond hope.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By OscarD:
Originally Posted By AbleArcher:
Originally Posted By 49north:
It can't start snowing soon enough to hide the stench.  Maybe city officials could tax the tourists more to pay for this mess since it's them and the newcomers responsible for this problem.

Tourists are responsible for the problem?

Californians selling their 3/2 ranch for $2,000,000 and moving to Montana, Idaho, Arizona, Colorado, Texas, Georgia, Tennessee or any other red or formally red state and pricing locals out of the market either via sale prices or raising tax values.

Locusts who should be made to stay in the rotten bed they shit.

You DO know that a lot of Californians are very conservative and hate what's happened to their state, right?  Do you want to punish them because they got outvoted?

Doesn’t seem to have been the case in Arizona or Colorado.

Which part?  Them being outvoted or them moving?  Because I can see people in CO and AZ not moving because they still hold out hope things will change.  CA is beyond hope.

Them flipping to blue states following the influx of conservative Californians seeking freedom from oppressive liberal hell.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:57:05 PM EDT
[#6]

best i can do is an airstream in the pahkin' lot at work.

https://images.plex.tv/photo?size=large-1920&scale=1&url=https%3A%2F%2Fimage.tmdb.org%2Ft%2Fp%2Foriginal%2FmT1nNikSCwz250HvW8QlOnMjthy.jpg
View Quote

Airstream is Beaucoup dollars. Best I can do is a third hand popup Coleman camper and an outdoor shower stall with a storm drain for a toilet.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:05:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Them flipping to blue states following the influx of conservative Californians seeking freedom from oppressive liberal hell.
View All Quotes
It can't start snowing soon enough to hide the stench.  Maybe city officials could tax the tourists more to pay for this mess since it's them and the newcomers responsible for this problem.

Californians selling their 3/2 ranch for $2,000,000 and moving to Montana, Idaho, Arizona, Colorado, Texas, Georgia, Tennessee or any other red or formally red state and pricing locals out of the market either via sale prices or raising tax values.

You DO know that a lot of Californians are very conservative and hate what's happened to their state, right?  Do you want to punish them because they got outvoted?

Huh?  You do know that, despite the influx of Californians, Montana is still a red state, right?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:22:36 AM EDT
[#8]

Huh?  You do know that, despite the influx of Californians, Montana is still a red state, right?
View All Quotes

For now. Montana is sparsely populated enough that it won’t take more than a few larger cities to rule that state. Bozeman and Missoula could Illinois the place in a few years at the current rate. As the old saying goes “dirt don’t vote”.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:31:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By wareagle30:

It’s already ruined.

I’m looking at leaving for Wyoming.
View Quote

It’s trickling there and into western SD too.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:46:36 AM EDT
[#10]

For now. Montana is sparsely populated enough that it won’t take more than a few larger cities to rule that state. Bozeman and Missoula could Illinois the place in a few years at the current rate. As the old saying goes “dirt don’t vote”.
View All Quotes

"For now?"  The percentage of voters voting Republican has gone up over the last five years.  The state went from a Democratic governor to a Republican one just a couple years ago.  That's WELL after the influx of Californians.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 1:27:49 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

You sound like you’re exactly the type of person who fucked up WA.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 1:34:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Let's get that out on a tarp. Nice!
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:19:03 AM EDT
[#13]
That looks like a shithole.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:29:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Scalped:
Let's get that out on a tarp. Nice!
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:44:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Many RVs look nicer than budget tiny apartments.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:44:55 AM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

Montana during Covid acted just like Washington state. How red of them.

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:34:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By staringback05:
Been saying it for years because I see it in my state.

People from the northeast and west coast sell their shitboxes and move into states like Montana years ago or some southern states now and pay cash for everything.

It's artificial and they price locals out because it's not how the local economy is built and cost of living.

It's not something that can be corrected or fixed without slowing down the migration. The locals aren't going to all the sudden start making appropriate salaries
View Quote

This is exactly what is happening.  Unfortunately our dear leaders have only made it easier on the immigrants with a complete change to the state tax code that will have locals who work in the economy paying more and those who live off capital gains paying less
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:46:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By eagarminuteman:

Have you seen Missoula?
View Quote

*raises hand*

And the new female mayor is already trying the guilt card. They now have to station officers at the Poverello Center and the Johnson St camp due to the fighting and drug use. They had a “city camp site” on Mullan Rd that ended up costing $90k a week to keep running. They shut it down after voters shot down a new tax hike to pay for it.

They cleaned out from under Reserve St bridge last year. 80T of trash was hauled off.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:54:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By BTccw:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BTccw:

Didn't they get a new governor since then?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:01:37 AM EDT
[#20]
I grew up in Belgrade, and went to MSU.  Even played for the Bobcats.  Bozeman used to be a beautiful place in the 70s and 80s.  Now, just another shithole.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:04:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By MtnMusic:
This house was just listed for $810k.

https://photos.zillowstatic.com/fp/2a229fadb01aaad3df55df3b825f4937-cc_ft_768.webp
View Quote

That makes Seattle a low budget place.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:07:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By GomerPyle:
If they ruin Montana, that will be quite an accomplishment.
View Quote
Well they are kinda winning.

what's worse, Bozeman, Missoula or kalispell?

If they take Billings then they won in their ruination of a great state.

Billings has an oil refinery and an asphalt plant to scare off the liberals and faggots
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:11:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheWhiteHorse] [#23]
Oh horseshit… this is the same excuse every liberal city on the west coast uses. These aren’t people who are down and out in their luck driven to the streets because their rent went up $100 a month. These are drug addicts, criminals and crazies who refused to join society.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:13:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheWhiteHorse] [#24]
Originally Posted By 1245xx:
Were these people residents of the city and then got homeless, or are they homeless that moved to Bozeman?  If housing is expensive, wouldn’t it be a little costly overall, to live there?  Why don’t the homeless go somewhere else they can afford to live and get a job there?  What’s holding them to Bozeman?
View Quote

Bozeman has started to build a homeless industrial complex.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:17:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TinLeg] [#25]
i lived in sheridan for a while.

too close to the mountains to be cheap.

not shitty enough to be cheap.

i'm thinking like pine bluffs, gillette, or torrington.
View Quote

I spent a crazy night in Gillette as an 18 year old.  Once.

Crazy - because the main drag actually has a turn in it.  Fuckin A man.  Fancy.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:31:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By TinLeg:

I spent a crazy night in Gillette as an 18 year old.  Once.

Crazy - because the main drag actually has a turn in it.  Fuckin A man.  Fancy.
View Quote

Campbell County Cocksuckers

IYKYK

"seven gillette pricks in a 2000 tahoe"
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:43:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Lone_Eagle:

*raises hand*

And the new female mayor is already trying the guilt card. They now have to station officers at the Poverello Center and the Johnson St camp due to the fighting and drug use. They had a “city camp site” on Mullan Rd that ended up costing $90k a week to keep running. They shut it down after voters shot down a new tax hike to pay for it.

They cleaned out from under Reserve St bridge last year. 80T of trash was hauled off.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lone_Eagle:

*raises hand*

Dodging homeless people on Broadway is like driving a car on Frogger

Originally Posted By BuckGodot:
I grew up in Belgrade, and went to MSU.  Even played for the Bobcats.  Bozeman used to be a beautiful place in the 70s and 80s.  Now, just another shithole.

Go Griz

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:43:59 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Torrington is ruined. Any town big enough to buy gas and a Monster at 0200 is doomed.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:47:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Is the local Home Depot low on Homer buckets?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:49:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By centrarchidae:

Torrington is ruined. Any town big enough to buy gas and a Monster at 0200 is doomed.
View All Quotes

You guys are hilarious.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:54:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By 1245xx:
Were these people residents of the city and then got homeless, or are they homeless that moved to Bozeman?  If housing is expensive, wouldn’t it be a little costly overall, to live there?  Why don’t the homeless go somewhere else they can afford to live and get a job there?  What’s holding them to Bozeman?
View Quote

These are the right questions!

I’ve been to a few of the encampments…they are not working class pushed out, they are exactly what you’d imagine.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:54:21 AM EDT
[#32]

"For now?"  The percentage of voters voting Republican has gone up over the last five years.  The state went from a Democratic governor to a Republican one just a couple years ago.  That's WELL after the influx of Californians.
View Quote

Just because you vote republican does not mean you’re a conservative. Socially liberal, California republicans are trashing the intermountain west the same way they trashed California! Muh rights, muh freedom, muh taxes…
Today’s Cali republican is yesterday’s hippie. You know the type; fuck everyone but me!

Colorado is gone, Arizona on the way, Montana and Idaho are not far behind.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:56:30 AM EDT
[#33]

https://photos.zillowstatic.com/fp/2a229fadb01aaad3df55df3b825f4937-cc_ft_768.webp
View Quote

WHAT THE ACTUAL CINNAMON TOAST BUTT FUCK IS THIS FUCKING BULLSHIT
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:57:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By CoreShot:

Just because you vote republican does not mean you’re a conservative. Socially liberal, California republicans are trashing the intermountain west the same way they trashed California! Muh rights, muh freedom, muh taxes…
Today’s Cali republican is yesterday’s hippie. You know the type; fuck everyone but me!

View All Quotes

No, sorry, you don't get to judge states based on "muh feels."  How they vote is the only objective criterion to judge their political alignment.  There's no "muh taxes" going on in Montana that I've heard of.  I mean, you guys have always had a state income tax, to your detriment, but at least you don't have a state sales tax.  Idaho is not going anywhere.  Just alarmist bullshit by people who don't like new neighbors.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:58:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Bogdan:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bogdan:

It's in the middle of a downtown business area.  It's already been shown over and over that you can get much nicer houses for a hundred thousand or even two hundred thousand less in Bozeman.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:07:22 AM EDT
[#36]

The rise in residents experiencing homelessness comes as housing costs have spiked. The median listing price for a home has gone from $669,000 at the start of 2020 to $1.2 million in 2024, according to city data. Meanwhile, rental costs in Gallatin County, where Bozeman is located, increased nearly 19% from 2019 to 2022 and continued to rise, leaving the county with the highest rents in the state.

Clearly across the nation economic policies resulted in a catastrophic rise in RE costs, pushing many people on the streets.

Plus MT has to be most unaffordable place in the country as there is no way the local economy can support these prices.
I once asked  a MT person - how do people live there? He said they don't. He was some day trader.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:07:55 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote
in torrington it's moar like "buy a fat bag o' meth and a pack o' smokes at 0200"
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:16:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Just to put hard numbers to it, Bozeman has a grand total of about 300 homeless people in a city of over 58,000.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:27:13 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

He wants to punish them because they have more money than him.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:35:32 AM EDT
[#40]
The Billionaires in Jackson pushed the Millionaires up to Bozeman.  It's been happing for decades.  

You should see the airports on a holiday weekend.  Nothing but Gulfstreams in Jackson, and mid-size jets in Bozeman.  GTFO of there poor man with your King Air.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:43:19 AM EDT
[#41]
in torrington it's moar like "buy a fat bag o' meth and a pack o' smokes at 0200"
View All Quotes

So you're saying there's hope, then.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:45:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: S1W] [#42]
Originally Posted By TheWhiteHorse:
Oh horseshit… this is the same excuse every liberal city on the west coast uses. These aren’t people who are down and out in their luck driven to the streets because their rent went up $100 a month. These are drug addicts, criminals and crazies who refused to join society.
View Quote

100%. Nailed it.

Lots of lifestyle homeless. Most of them are not from MT. Many of them are seasonal too, and the season is just about to get started.

They establish themselves in certain towns, like Missoula, because those people tolerate their bullshit, give them money while they're panhandling, let them get away with pretty much anything/make excuses for their criminal behavior, and provide lots of free services for them.

They set up big camps out in the forest outside of my town during the summer. Just a matter of time before they start a catastrophic wildfire that spreads from one of their camps.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:58:49 AM EDT
[#43]

No, sorry, you don't get to judge states based on "muh feels."  How they vote is the only objective criterion to judge their political alignment.  There's no "muh taxes" going on in Montana that I've heard of.  I mean, you guys have always had a state income tax, to your detriment, but at least you don't have a state sales tax.  Idaho is not going anywhere.  Just alarmist bullshit by people who don't like new neighbors.
View Quote

I agree about in regard to the vote tally. The problem lies on the attitude not the politics. That’s where RiNO types reside. Visit our more populated towns/ cities. Look at the liberal tendencies prevelant in the population. No sense of community, all for me attitudes and ignorant, reckless disregard for others.

Denver, Grand Junction, Colorado Springs, Jackson, Missoula, Bozeman, Coeur d'Alene, Boise, McCall, Hailey, Salt Lake, Ogden, etc, not much difference in the shift in attitudes and move toward social liberalism.

We have a state sales tax it’s 6%. We also allow individual cities to add in an additional 1% sales tax by vote. Our state income tax is now a flat rate 5.8% above $4,490. Generally property taxes are low unless the town is suffering from an exploding population.

None of the states are going anywhere. Parts of them are just becoming unlivable for those not accustomed to living next to assholes

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:11:07 PM EDT
[#44]

I agree about in regard to the vote tally. The problem lies on the attitude not the politics. That’s where RiNO types reside. Visit our more populated towns/ cities. Look at the liberal tendencies prevelant in the population. No sense of community, all for me attitudes and ignorant, reckless disregard for others.

Denver, Grand Junction, Colorado Springs, Jackson, Missoula, Bozeman, Coeur d'Alene, Boise, McCall, Hailey, Salt Lake, Ogden, etc, not much difference in the shift in attitudes and move toward social liberalism.

We have a state sales tax it’s 6%. We also allow individual cities to add in an additional 1% sales tax by vote. Our state income tax is now a flat rate 5.8% above $4,490. Generally property taxes are low unless the town is suffering from an exploding population.

None of the states are going anywhere. Parts of them are just becoming unlivable for those not accustomed to living next to assholes

View All Quotes

First of all, what you're describing is just what happens when cities get big enough.  There's no getting around that.  But you can HAVE fair-sized cities and still have a very conservative state.  
Second, Montana does not have a state sales tax and I was speaking of Montana.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:54:26 PM EDT
[#45]

So you're saying there's hope, then.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 1:25:34 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 1:34:50 PM EDT
[#47]

First of all, what you're describing is just what happens when cities get big enough.  There's no getting around that.  But you can HAVE fair-sized cities and still have a very conservative state.  
Second, Montana does not have a state sales tax and I was speaking of Montana.
View Quote

I Agee!

Must have miss read the sales tax part.

Myself, I don’t care if you’re a Republican or not. I don’t care where you’re from. I care how you carry yourself. Give as much as you take and be polite. I’m cool if you’re also professional and have a plan…

Cities are what they are. Larger population means a higher number of low life’s per capital. Small towns, smaller number.

I’m 2hrs from any metro area. We aren’t too fond of dicks from any state. Including our own.

I know fully the broad brush I painted with; all newbs from large cities and states aren’t assholes but  stereotypes are based on larger trends.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 1:40:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Did the Supreme Court just hear a case on whether local governments could bar camping on public land?

I'd push the City Council to pass an ordinance to make that illegal without a permit (may want to allow some folks to do such things under certain circumstances like festivals and what not).  

Have to crack down hard on that kind of thing. If the locals are priced out they'll have to relocate, they may have to commute longer distances or find work elsewhere. If the City needs low income workers than it should probably look into an income adjusted housing development or at the very least some kind of apartment complexes.  When in doubt there is always the good old fashioned tailer park.

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 2:06:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By LRShooter:
The Billionaires in Jackson pushed the Millionaires up to Bozeman.  It's been happing for decades.  

You should see the airports on a holiday weekend.  Nothing but Gulfstreams in Jackson, and mid-size jets in Bozeman.  GTFO of there poor man with your King Air.
View Quote

Jackson is for the poors.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 2:24:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By exponentialpi:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By exponentialpi:
Originally Posted By LRShooter:

I just read that the average cost of a house in Jackson just went up to $7 million.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top