Ukrainian War - Week 17 | 2024

Label colors:

Ukraine
Gains (+ 1.19 km²) 🟨
Losses (- 36.33 km²) 🟦

Russia | LPR | DPR
Gains (+ 26.69 km²) 🟥
Losses (- 0.43 km²) ⬛️

⚔️Battles in Kislivka continue, the enemy continues to press, but the village has not been captured

🐷 Despite the statements of drunk tank gunners, there were no significant changes in the tactical situation on April 28.

🫡 We would like to recognize the volunteers from the 17th and 34th battalions of the 57th, who quickly came to the rescue, showed themselves to be real lions, repelling the attacks, even when they were wounded. Air reconnaissance is also working well, but the enemy does not let you relax.

🇺🇦 The Defense Forces are inflicting damage on katsaps in the settlement of Netaylové

🐷 Unfortunately, the enemy does not stop the pressure after the successes in Pervomaiskyi and tries to advance further with infantry forces, entrenching themselves in the houses. The situation is getting complicated...

📍 http://deepstatemap.live/#18/48.10605/37.55820

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:55:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brok3n] [#6]
https://www.businessinsider.com/us-buys-81-soviet-fighter-jets-from-russian-ally-20k-2024-4?ampq

"Kazakhstan, which is upgrading its air fleet, auctioned off 117 Soviet-era fighter and bomber aircraft, including MiG-31 interceptors, MiG-27 fighter bombers, MiG-29 fighters, and Su-24 bombers from the 1970s and 1980s.

The declared sale value was one billion Kazakhstani tenge, or $2.26 million, said the Post, meaning the average value of each plane was $19,300."

The MiG-31 will be interesting to have in our museums The MiG-29s and Su-24s will be sent to Ukraine who will make the determination of what can still be flown or used as spare parts and the MiG-27s will get turned to scrap metal. Either way it keeps them out of Iranian and North Korean hands. These are my best guesses anyway.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:05:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I’ll pay $20k for a MiG-29. Happily.

It’ll look great sitting in front of the house.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:19:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#8]
Huge thread, many satellite images.

TLDR-

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:22:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#9]
💥 Two diesel locomotives were destroyed in Russia - details

✔️ On April 28, 2024, in the city of Orenburg, Russia, unknown persons burned to the ground a 2TE10M diesel locomotive.

🔗 https://gur.gov.ua/content/na-rosii-znyshcheno-dva-teplovozy-detali.html

(not to imply this was sabotage)

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:28:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#10]
ETA- I thought "there's no way AT didn't already post this", and then looked back and didn't see anything, but AT's an early riser.

Now for something actually new.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:59:20 PM EDT
[#11]
This is a Polish Warmate drone.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:06:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Brok3n:
https://www.businessinsider.com/us-buys-81-soviet-fighter-jets-from-russian-ally-20k-2024-4?ampq

"Kazakhstan, which is upgrading its air fleet, auctioned off 117 Soviet-era fighter and bomber aircraft, including MiG-31 interceptors, MiG-27 fighter bombers, MiG-29 fighters, and Su-24 bombers from the 1970s and 1980s.

The declared sale value was one billion Kazakhstani tenge, or $2.26 million, said the Post, meaning the average value of each plane was $19,300."

The MiG-31 will be interesting to have in our museums The MiG-29s and Su-24s will be sent to Ukraine who will make the determination of what can still be flown or used as spare parts and the MiG-27s will get turned to scrap metal. Either way it keeps them out of Iranian and North Korean hands. These are my best guesses anyway.
View Quote

Article with some details says the Mig-31s are expected to be unusable as anything but scrap.  Reliability of this source is suspect.

Another article.  This one suggests some of the Mig-31s may be salvageable.

Ten-year old article about a Mig31 crash and the repair arrangements with Russia.  Kazakh source.

UA article

Beyond the obvious use of Mig-29s and Su-24s to support the Ukrainian fleet, there are some potential options.
Can a small number of Mig-31s be restored to flight status?  Even a couple would be useful, if they could be armed with a suitable LR missile.
Can some percentage of Mig-27s be turned into drone kamikazes?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:12:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Article with some details says the Mig-31s are expected to be unusable as anything but scrap.  Reliability of this source is suspect.

Ten-year old article about a Mig31 crash and the repair arrangements with Russia.  Kazakh source.

UA article

Beyond the obvious use of Mig-29s and Su-24s to support the Ukrainian fleet, there are some potential options.
Can a small number of Mig-31s be restored to flight status?  Even a couple would be useful, if they could be armed with a suitable LR missile.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

UA article

The cost of making MiG-31s and MiG-27s flightworthy again far exceed the worth they'd get out of them. I'd assess that keeping them out of the Axis of Evil hands is good enough to justify this purchase similar to our purchases of MiGs from Moldova back in the 90s.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:16:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Huge thread, many satellite images.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMPVhfoWEAA6cd0?format=jpg&name=small

TLDR-

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMP0McqXQAALI_2?format=png&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMP0SXAWEAA-CFH?format=png&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMPn2jDXoAAwI0d?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Awesome thread, thanks for posting!
My guess (just based on historical examples) is that engines and transmissions are the real problem, not hulls.  How many of those hulls had their engines pulled in the last 30 years or particularly in the last 2 years?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:21:37 PM EDT
[#15]
🇷🇺🇺🇦💡 Missile strike on the facilities of the energy infrastructure of Ukraine on April 27, 2024

By evening, details of today's missile strike on four thermal power plants on the territory of  Ukraine began to emerge.

At the Burshtynsʹka TPP, the missile hit the engine room between the 7th and 8th turbine generator, closer to the 7th. It also seems to have burned the generator transformer of the 7th generator and possibly the 8th. The station is most likely shut down. At the same time, earth protection shafts have been erected in the area of generator transformers No. 11 and No. 12, and the generator transformer on the 10th turbine generator is missing - apparently, it was moved somewhere else.

Meanwhile, Dobrotvirska TPP continues to operate, although it was damaged. Boilers No. 3, No. 4, No. 7 and No. 8 were damaged due to two hits in the boiler-turbine shop. At the same time, boilers and turbine generators No. 1 and No. 2 were not damaged, and the plant is operating on them. In the best case, 2 power units of 100MW each are lost during the strikes, in the worst case - one. And in any case, the possibility of exporting electricity to Poland remains (which was planned by Ukrenergo today, despite the strikes).

There are no specifics on the damage to the Prydniprivska and Kryvorizka TPPs. For the latter, there is indirect evidence of damage to the facility, but no data confirming serious damage. It is possible that these plants continue to operate.

Military expert Alexander Zimovsky:

The collapse of the Ukrainian energy industry turned out to be much closer than the Ukrainian authorities expected.

After today’s latest high-precision destruction of thermal generation facilities in the Dnepropetrovsk, Lvov and Ivano-Frankivsk regions of Ukraine, Zelensky was forced to come out with a special address “to the nation.”

By the way, the Burshtynska Thermal Power Plant, in the Ivano-Frankivsk region, was covered with sea-based Calibers.

Rumors about the final victory of Ukrainian naval drones over the Black Sea Fleet turned out to be somewhat exaggerated.  And the skeptics were put to shame.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:29:09 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

I wonder if any will end up in private ownership in the US to be restored to flight status?  I know there are some Mig-23s around but I don’t know of any Mig-27s.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:33:47 PM EDT
[#17]

I wonder if any will end up in private ownership in the US to be restored to flight status?  I know there are some Mig-23s around but I don't know of any Mig-27s.
View All Quotes

I wonder if any will end up in private ownership in the US to be restored to flight status?  I know there are some Mig-23s around but I don't know of any Mig-27s.

That would be pretty cool but have read too many horror stories particularly from the USAF Red Eagles squadron about how difficult they are to fly. I think one of the privately owned MiG-23s crashed not too long ago if I remember correctly. But the MiG-27 is a neat variant that's still in active service with the Indian Air Force.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:31:03 PM EDT
[#18]

That would be pretty cool but have read too many horror stories particularly from the USAF Red Eagles squadron about how difficult they are to fly. I think one of the privately owned MiG-23s crashed not too long ago if I remember correctly. But the MiG-27 is a neat variant that's still in active service with the Indian Air Force.
View All Quotes

Wiki says India retired it 5 years ago and the last in service are Kazakhstan’s.
Do you have any links about the Red Eagles and Mig-23s?  That would be interesting reading.  I do know that they turned out to be something like the Russian F-104.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:44:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#19]
A number of U.S. military programs, if successfully developed and deployed, could undermine China's nuclear retaliatory capabilities, thereby enhancing U.S. damage limitation capabilities vis-à-vis China. Meanwhile, China seeks to maintain the credibility of its nuclear retaliatory capabilities and increase the survivability and penetration of its nuclear weapons. These interactions are part of the nuclear competition between the United States and China. This article discusses three cases: the U.S. homeland missile defense system, anti-submarine warfare (ASW) preparations, and the space-based Ground Moving Target Indicator. These programs may serve declaratory purposes in one way or another, but their development has had a negative impact on China’s strategic nuclear retaliatory capabilities. Using non-nuclear means that differ technologically from the measures taken by China, these programs have created an asymmetric competition between the two sides. These U.S. programs have endured for several decades, and have continued to introduce new technologies despite occasional interruptions. The main element of development in these programs has been qualitative improvement, while quantitative increases have not always been evident. The development of these U.S. damage limitation capabilities put pressure on China’s nuclear retaliatory capabilities. The arms race theories developed during the Cold War are inadequate for fully understanding nuclear competition between the United States and China. We need new theories and wisdom to explore cooperative solutions.    
View Quote

Full article:
https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007/s42533-024-00153-w.pdf
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:49:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#20]
This was ten days ago, but man is it a fun rabbit hole.

Russian rail system, infrastructure, import/export, the economy, and coal.
It's so much it may be totally unintelligible, but here goes.

Most of the background threads all in one spot-

View Quote

(From one of the above threads)

I am almost certain I have not captured everything in this thread.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:57:18 PM EDT
[#21]

Wiki says India retired it 5 years ago and the last in service are Kazakhstan's.
Do you have any links about the Red Eagles and Mig-23s?  That would be interesting reading.  I do know that they turned out to be something like the Russian F-104.
View All Quotes

Wiki says India retired it 5 years ago and the last in service are Kazakhstan's.

Holy crap my info is outdated! Don't have a link but it's from what I remember reading the book back in 2009. If I remember correctly they were particularly difficult to land and they lost a pilot to one. They were some of the first aircraft to be retired en masse once the Cold War ended. The only positive attribute of the plane was its acceleration and speed having intercepted F-111s at Red Flag with the help of GCI controllers.

The petting zoo at Nellis has both a MiG-23 and MiG-27 with the latter being a relatively new addition.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:13:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#22]
"Angels of Victory"

Moschun, a town just northwest of Kyiv.

The local community established an improvised memorial site in this location of old dugouts and trenches from 2022.

During the Battle of Kyiv, Moschun was the only place where elite Russian forces managed to cross the Irpin River and consolidate a small bridgehead.

Their continued advance through Moschun would mean essentially entering Puscha Vodytsya (a recreational suburb in the woods) and then Kyiv's northwestern districts along the city beltway.

Yet... Ukrainian forces, mainly the 72nd Mechanized, in an act of valor and heroism, managed to keep Russians off in a terribly hard battle and eventually knocked the enemy out of the town by March 21.

This is where the Battle of Kyiv, and with it the modern history of Europe, was essentially resolved.

Kyiv was saved here, and so many paid with their lives for this.  

When you come to our country, don't hesitate to come over and pay respects to the guys who became angels in these dugouts in the woods.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:28:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:35:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#24]

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:46:04 PM EDT
[#25]

That's how it should be.

There should be no announcements. Just explosions.

Good

Wiki says India retired it 5 years ago and the last in service are Kazakhstan’s.

Give me the T72s please

I'm waiting for the Armor to get auctioned off
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:59:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#26]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLdgQ4JXIAAvocd?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIr2BqTWAAAALga?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIr7yotWgAEucA1?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLdgUaYWgAAYloV?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLdgWkOW8AAgmKc?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLdhkhxWQAAF3Jv?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLdicNwWUAAUOK0?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLPqSBoWIAA-cwL?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GKMp5fOWcAARQIN?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLOMTHtXQAA0iEd?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLdkNMFWMAAzg-P?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIsId02WAAEvsVg?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLdlV-oWgAAav0y?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLdlqnMWIAAdb2Z?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLdmd96WgAAniFX?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLdph5WXUAA6TmK?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLdreEMXEAA9uUt?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLdsgmkX0AAXmh2?format=jpg&name=large

View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLOFMdQXgAAOkRw?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIryjsyXoAAghg8?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIa-E6ZWwAAHsYe?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GH2GfDPWwAAv-Kp?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJO80IjWMAAhEL4?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GKbHy9oWgAAP--R?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GK6Z26TaMAAHqER?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJjyF5IWsAAHxQ8?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJi0BYvW8AAoVsu?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLdgQ4JXIAAvocd?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIr2BqTWAAAALga?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIr7yotWgAEucA1?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLdgUaYWgAAYloV?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLdgWkOW8AAgmKc?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLdhkhxWQAAF3Jv?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLdicNwWUAAUOK0?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLPqSBoWIAA-cwL?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GKMp5fOWcAARQIN?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLOMTHtXQAA0iEd?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLdkNMFWMAAzg-P?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIsId02WAAEvsVg?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLdlV-oWgAAav0y?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLdlqnMWIAAdb2Z?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLdmd96WgAAniFX?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLdph5WXUAA6TmK?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLdreEMXEAA9uUt?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLdsgmkX0AAXmh2?format=jpg&name=large

Wow, thanks for the effort on this.  1917 happened as a result of similar circumstances.

One tweet kinda stuck out to me:

I smell a MASSIVE grift.  Maybe that’s a bit of a tautology with anything Russian, but offloading an expense-laden segment of their business just gives all sorts of opportunities.  And now that the bill is coming due, there is all sorts of incentive to lie about the situation once questions start bring asked.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:03:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

That's how it should be.

Good

Give me the T72s please

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

That's how it should be.

Good

Give me the T72s please

They’re probably going to need the armor once Putin’s successor decides another SMO is needed.  If I were Kazakhstan I’d already be planning for that.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:52:23 PM EDT
[#28]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMRy4m8WcAAl0SA?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMR9dk1WcAA-s-d?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMR654FXYAMo9JR?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMRqmZGWcAAawoQ?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMSSwe6XYAAeZ4u?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMRaGD3WsAAjNsl?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMR6rDhWYAAu2Y7?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMRBUKxXUAANqu3?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMROsqTXMAAnCoc?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMRzy0AW8AQqBJl?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMROsrsWMAARCCM?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMRUDjSWIAAOBdZ?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMRK8PDXcAMP25P?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

God be with those men and women.  Time to do what has to be done!

Below is all just my speculation, but I will say I predicted these developments nearly two years ago.  

It makes sense to me to string out the events in order to string out the pressure on Russia and take some off Ukraine.  Their expected offensive is 1-2 months away and there’s talk of another partial mobilization.  Maybe events in Georgia start boiling now and continue through June/July, culminating in the ouster of the Russian-friendly gov.  If the Georgian Legion has already gone home, there has been time to put some things in place.  No doubt Russia will do what they can to stop it, but they can’t do a whole lot compared to 2008.  It wouldn’t shock me if their interference was limited to nuclear armageddon threats and FSB assassinations and the like.  But they do have internal Rosgvardia units available, and maybe they’ll try that too.  I just doubt it.  They didn’t interfere in Armenia/Nagorno-Karabach either, but they probably couldn’t afford to antagonize Turkey.  So…who knows?

Then when the Russian counteroffensive is in full swing or winding down after being chewed up, the Chechens make their play.  The real Chechens will act at some point, but I doubt it will look like peaceful demonstrations in the street.  Some committed dude will blow up Kadyrov and/or his sons and then it will be on like donkey kong overnight.

Lets say that, as of now, Putin is on the fence about another mobilization.  I’ll also suggest that maybe Georgia-then-Chechnya events happen in order to goad Putin into mobilizing.  More mobilization, more Russians thrown into the line with no training, more losses, more social pressure and discontent, more economic and logistical dislocation…think about it.  We’ve set the hook.  The idea is to put maximum stress on the Russian political/military/economic/logistical/social structures and just wait for something to crack.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:54:41 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

⚔️ The island of Nestryga is freed.
The enemy advanced to Netaylové, near Novooleksandrivka and captured Novomykhailivka.

🇺🇦 Nestryga Island moves into the blue zone

💬 According to the words of the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces:
"In the direction of Kherson, our units managed to advance in the area of ​​Veletenskyi and establish control over the island of Nestryga."

📍 http://deepstatemap.live/#14/46.5408/32.3865

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:03:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Haub:
View Quote

Alot of that movement is a simple rotation of forces, you dont just ship in men and give them whatever the other unit had. Each piece of equipment from light arms to complex systems have their own quirks and likes and dislikes. Its good practice to keep these with the units and operators who know them.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:08:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

Europe has been preaching integration, internationalism and multiculturalism as well for years.  Unfortunately for them, they are now realizing what that looks like and how well it actually works in practice; right at the same time that they realize that Europe is not the US's only priority, and is probably not even the main priority.  One of the reason they feared Trump in the past is that he was willing to say what a lot of Americans have been thinking since the IFOR/SFOR/KFOR missions of the late 1990's that was kind of papered over post 9-11.  They HATE Biden's Administration because they now realize that existential European security concerns are no longer a US priority and will be secondary to US domestic politics.  As much as we love to rightfully point at the ten or so Republican clowns who used Ukraine to create drama, the Euros also understand that Biden could have made the whole issue go away nearly instantaneously by adding a rider for $1 Billion or so for a border wall.   Also, even though the Euros are fashionably anti-Semitic in their rhetoric they didn't really believe a lot of the crap they talked regarding the Israelis and were comforted by the idea that they could criticize Israel all they wanted and vote for all kinds of unrealistic resolutions secure in the conventional wisdom that the US would come through and stop the stupidity allowing them to virtue signal.  When the Biden administration showed themselves perfectly willing to throw a long-time ally like Israel under the bus for the sake of a few voters in states that many Europeans would have a hard time accurately identifying on a map (and may actually confuse, since they are both in the Midwest and unhelpfully both start with the letter "M"), the Euros took a hard look at their position and realized that the same criticisms of "Colonialism" dubiously directed at the Israelis are in reality a double-barreled shotgun pointed right at much of the basis for the underlying fraternal relationship between Europe and the United States.  IF the basis for the view that United States is both illegitimate and absolutely evil due to it's "white supremacy" and horrible record of "colonialism", who actually has a better/more humane record in Europe?  France, Britain, Holland, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Italy, and even Belgium have far bloodier records of colonialism and conquest than the United States.  They are also terrified by the fecklessness of the American "elites" when faced with even a minor amount of criticism from their putative "allies", and the terrifying inability of their peers in American "leadership" to actually lead.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Am I mistaken or is Europe just not terribly interested in really stepping up?

I think some are, some not, but very few have the capabilities to really make a difference I think. The USA is the exception. We have enough to spare but we lack the commitment or the good faith to send what is really needed..

I personally feel that the third component is a feeling of being sick and tired, of being sick and tired of carrying the load defense wise for Europe, while they sneer down their noses and laugh at us for being poor uneducated, unsophisticated bumpkins who just don't understand how things work.

They've navel gazed and tried to build their socialist utopias's while flipping us the bird and not spending the agreed upon 2% GDP. So when this war started they sat on their collective hands waiting for us to do it, because well... we've always done it. They were all prepared to tut-tut, laugh and stage whisper with each other about how stupid we are and superior they are.

And then the U.S. did little to nothing, leaving Europe exposed. Their chickens have come home to roost and they didn't realize the world changed on them while they were refilling their beer mug.

When asked to help the cupboards were mostly bare. Remember back when this started Germany saying they didn't have the supplies to keep an infantry company in the field for more that a few weeks?

A year or so in they came to the conclusion that maybe, just maybe, the U.S. wasn't gonna do the heavy lifting for them anymore so maybe, just maybe they need to look at doing... something.

Now, another year in, they've got plans to do several somethings that will take anywhere between 1 and 5 years to do because of their 40 year navel gazing socialist utopia building kumbaya Russian dick sucking lifestyles.

We stopped talking to most of the European branch of our family over this war. The last of my civility died with their "Good Vibes from Washington" and "Zelensky just needs to talk to Putin to settle their differences like adults" conversation. The level of disconnect between reality and their perceived reality was too great to bridge.

Personally, I'm surprised Western Europe has stepped up and sent anything more than butt plugs and ball gags, two things which they seem to have in abundance.

Europe has been preaching integration, internationalism and multiculturalism as well for years.  Unfortunately for them, they are now realizing what that looks like and how well it actually works in practice; right at the same time that they realize that Europe is not the US's only priority, and is probably not even the main priority.  One of the reason they feared Trump in the past is that he was willing to say what a lot of Americans have been thinking since the IFOR/SFOR/KFOR missions of the late 1990's that was kind of papered over post 9-11.  They HATE Biden's Administration because they now realize that existential European security concerns are no longer a US priority and will be secondary to US domestic politics.  As much as we love to rightfully point at the ten or so Republican clowns who used Ukraine to create drama, the Euros also understand that Biden could have made the whole issue go away nearly instantaneously by adding a rider for $1 Billion or so for a border wall.   Also, even though the Euros are fashionably anti-Semitic in their rhetoric they didn't really believe a lot of the crap they talked regarding the Israelis and were comforted by the idea that they could criticize Israel all they wanted and vote for all kinds of unrealistic resolutions secure in the conventional wisdom that the US would come through and stop the stupidity allowing them to virtue signal.  When the Biden administration showed themselves perfectly willing to throw a long-time ally like Israel under the bus for the sake of a few voters in states that many Europeans would have a hard time accurately identifying on a map (and may actually confuse, since they are both in the Midwest and unhelpfully both start with the letter "M"), the Euros took a hard look at their position and realized that the same criticisms of "Colonialism" dubiously directed at the Israelis are in reality a double-barreled shotgun pointed right at much of the basis for the underlying fraternal relationship between Europe and the United States.  IF the basis for the view that United States is both illegitimate and absolutely evil due to it's "white supremacy" and horrible record of "colonialism", who actually has a better/more humane record in Europe?  France, Britain, Holland, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Italy, and even Belgium have far bloodier records of colonialism and conquest than the United States.  They are also terrified by the fecklessness of the American "elites" when faced with even a minor amount of criticism from their putative "allies", and the terrifying inability of their peers in American "leadership" to actually lead.

I agree totally, America has abandoned and thrown under the bus so many allies over the years. Europe is finally realizing they are realistically on their own. No more free ride. If they want freedom they will have to pony up for it.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:08:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#32]

Attack on a police post in the Karachay-Cherkess Republic: preliminary, one policeman was killed, four were injured - media.

According to media reports, around midnight, unknown people drove up to the post, detonated a grenade and opened fire. During the clash, a seconded officer was killed and four local police officers were injured.

Two militants were killed by return fire. Security forces are currently on the scene.

The wounded terrorist may be one of five wanted terrorists who killed two law enforcement officers and escaped.

https://t.me/groupzarya/51644

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:16:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

View Quote

Disappointing our Switchblade has been a POS. Good that other options work well for the Ukrainians though.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:22:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Im sorry to ask this after so long here, But how do you hotlink things for here, things I want to share , news, videos etc., rather than just being infrequent contributor. Thank you so much in advance. I want to help
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:24:16 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:28:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:29:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#37]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

Disappointing our Switchblade has been a POS. Good that other options work well for the Ukrainians though.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Switchblades are doing great, the most recent Ukrainian aid package includes more of them.  They were requested by the Ukrainians.

Basically the biggest complaint is that they can't get enough of them.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:29:54 PM EDT
[#38]

They’re probably going to need the armor once Putin’s successor decides another SMO is needed.  If I were Kazakhstan I’d already be planning for that.
View Quote

True.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:37:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#39]
Originally Posted By ERNURSE:
Im sorry to ask this after so long here, But how do you hotlink things for here, things I want to share , news, videos etc., rather than just being infrequent contributor. Thank you so much in advance. I want to help
View Quote

It's a little different for everything but not hard to learn.

Websites are straightforward, just paste the web address into the "link" window that you get after you hit the little chain link looking icon.

YouTube is also pretty straightforward- hit the share button, hit "copy" and then right click and paste that link into what you get from the YouTube icon.

For Twitter you can do basically the same thing, but you have to-

1) delete a bunch of tracking stuff Twitter tacks onto the end of the url for ARF stuff to make the little preview window.
2) change "x" to "twitter"

https://x.com/Brick_Suit/status/1784330147434528804(?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw remove this)
The much easier way to deal with Twitter is to go directly to the Tweet you want and then copy what's in your address bar. That way you don't have the tracking stuff and it still says "Twitter".

(been looking for an excuse to post this )
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:46:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks Prime!!!
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:49:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ERNURSE] [#41]
https://youtu.be/VIrXvwJZE7w?si=Mu6t0Izcy3G6bNoZ

First try at embedding some intersting looks at light weapons, Garand Thumb does a great job!
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:55:11 PM EDT
[#42]
https://youtu.be/VIrXvwJZE7w?si=Mu6t0Izcy3G6bNoZ

First try at embedding some intersting looks at light weapons, Garand Thumb does a great job!
View Quote

Hit the youtube play button at the top in your reply.  Then paste the youtube url into the box that pops up.  Then submit post.

The Weirdest Weapons of the Ukraine Conflict

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:56:59 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:00:44 PM EDT
[#44]
This is how you get Gog and Magog.

We can blame Armageddon on Biden and the demmunists.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:02:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Thanks Prime!!!
View Quote

Any time

This seems like it'll be pertinent sometime.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:54:17 PM EDT
[#46]
https://defence-blog.com/ukraine-to-get-laser-guided-bombs-from-uk/

UK giving GPS/ laser guided bombs for UA. I hope these are usable with the F16's.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:31:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Kilometer-long traffic jams on the M-12 "East" highway. Drivers queue for gas for two hours. Mash is worried and recommends that if you want to go to Kazan for May, take cans of gasoline with you.

Our subscribers send videos of crazy queues. The line of cars stretched for several kilometers in the Nizhny Novgorod region. The footage was taken near the city of Sergach. This is 270 kilometers from the capital of Tatarstan.

https://t.me/mash/53856

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:46:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#48]
Originally Posted By stoner63a:

View Quote

Biden forced Russia to invade Ukraine in 2022?  In 2014?  Georgia in 2008?  Chechnya again in 2000?  Chechnya in 96?  Poland in 81?  Afghanistan in 79?  Czechoslovakia in 68?  Hungary in 56?  Finland and  Poland in 39?  Forced Russia to murder millions in Ukraine in 32?   Poland in 21?  That’s just since 1917, and I’m sure I missed several.  Russia was and is the Evil Empire.
No man knows the day and the hour, but if the time comes, better to stand with the righteous than piss your pants like a coward.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:51:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Adam Kadyrov appointed curator of the Russian Special Forces University

“At the request of my dear BROTHER, I decided to appoint Adam Kadyrov as curator of RUS. I believe that he will cope with his assigned responsibilities perfectly,” Kadyrov

Kadyrov added that Adam, who is 16 years old, is closely familiar with the activities of this university, so he will cope well with his assigned responsibilities.

https://t.me/groupzarya/51648

Friends, today I had great pleasure in attending the open tactical shooting competition “OUR OWN PEOPLE”. They took place on the basis of the legendary Russian University of Special Forces named after Vladimir Putin in Gudermes. 20 teams consisting of fighters from elite security forces gathered here to demonstrate their skills and professional skills.

As part of the tournament, RUS instructors prepared 10 unique exercises, each of which tested not only shooting skills, but also the ability to quickly make decisions in conditions of increased complexity. Among them are shooting from various types of weapons, fire from automobiles and armored vehicles, hitting targets in motion, assault, and ambush. This is only a small part of everything that the teams had to go through.

Based on the results of all 10 exercises, the 16 best teams competed in the “Duel” relay race. In short, the struggle for leadership was serious. I was pleasantly impressed by the level of combat training of our units. Their professionalism, accuracy and efficiency in their actions cannot leave anyone indifferent.

At the end of the competition day, the team of the security service of the Head of the Chechen Republic "AKHMAT-SILA" won the overall competition. She also took first place in the most spectacular exercise - the "Duel" relay race. In second place was the “Dostum” detachment of the head of the security department of the Head of the Chechen Republic, Adam Kadyrov. The top three is completed by the fighters of the special police regiment named after Hero of Russia Akhmat-Khadzhi Kadyrov, the AKHMAT-1 team. I sincerely congratulate everyone on their well-deserved victories!

Here, at the request of my dear BROTHER, the head of the RUS, Baybetar Vaikhanov, I decided to appoint Adam Kadyrov as the curator of the RUS. He is closely familiar with the activities of the famous university, so I believe that he will cope with his assigned responsibilities very well.

I thank Baibetar Vaikhanov and all the instructors of the special forces university for the high level of preparation for the competition. I especially thank my dear BROTHER, SOBR “AKHMAT” officer Adam Naurbiev for organizing the training of teams and developing exercises as close as possible to the real situation.

https://t.me/RKadyrov_95/4723

Video of Heavy Sixlet running and gunning

Adam Kadyrov showed how he wields a weapon at the All-Russian tactical shooting competition near Gudermes.

https://t.me/groupzarya/51641

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:52:54 PM EDT
[#50]

Biden forced Russia to invade Ukraine in 2022?  In 2014?  Georgia in 2008?  Chechnya again in 2000?  Chechnya in 96?  Poland in 81?  Afghanistan in 79?  Czechoslovakia in 68?  Hungary in 56?  Finland and  Poland in 39?  Forced Russia to murder millions in Ukraine in 32?   Poland in 21?  That’s just since 1917, and I’m sure I missed several.  Russia was and is the Evil Empire.
No man knows the day snd the hour, but if the time comes, better to stand with the righteous than piss your pants like a coward.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stoner63a:

No man knows the day snd the hour, but if the time comes, better to stand with the righteous than piss your pants like a coward.

Amen.

Stand alone if you must. But Stand.
Page / 54
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top