Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2024 4:17:10 PM EDT
I have had a couple old original Russian SVD buttstocks for years.  One is the old laminate wood buttstock and the other is the black polymer.  I would like to finally have my Russian VEPR rifle receivers professionally modified to install these original SVD buttstocks.  
I know these VEPR rifle receivers are Slant Cut so it will take a knowledgeable Gunsmith a lot of work and that won't be cheap to do it right.  Wouldn't be a shame to just leave these cool buttstocks in a cardboard box for the rest of my life ?

Two Questions :
1.  What Gunsmith do you guys recommend for this job ?
2.  Would you please post some pics of a bare SVD receiver without the wood buttstock attached so we can see the differences between an original SVD vs a Slant Cut VEPR ?

Thanks in advance to everyone who helps share their knowledge on this.  

Link Posted: 2/20/2024 2:54:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Atlantic sold svd furniture for the vepr

as does Rhineland
https://www.troupsystems.com/product/vepr-svd-stocks/

Link Posted: 2/23/2024 5:24:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By GunsRfun4me:
I have had a couple old original Russian SVD buttstocks for years.  One is the old laminate wood buttstock and the other is the black polymer.  I would like to finally have my Russian VEPR rifle receivers professionally modified to install these original SVD buttstocks.  
I know these VEPR rifle receivers are Slant Cut so it will take a knowledgeable Gunsmith a lot of work and that won't be cheap to do it right.  Wouldn't be a shame to just leave these cool buttstocks in a cardboard box for the rest of my life ?

Two Questions :
1.  What Gunsmith do you guys recommend for this job ?
2.  Would you please post some pics of a bare SVD receiver without the wood buttstock attached so we can see the differences between an original SVD vs a Slant Cut VEPR ?

Thanks in advance to everyone who helps share their knowledge on this.  

View Quote

Sorry I haven't seen this post until now, @GunsRfun4me but the go-to guy for Vepr slantback conversions is Matt Yeamans (AKA "Turbothis") at My Guns Northwest. Getting ready to send mine out to him to do the conversion.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top