Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/20/2024 4:17:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunsRfun4me]
I have had a couple old original Russian SVD buttstocks for years.  One is the old laminate wood buttstock and the other is the black polymer.  I would like to finally have my Russian VEPR rifle receivers professionally modified to install these original SVD buttstocks.  
I know these VEPR rifle receivers are Slant Cut so it will take a knowledgeable Gunsmith a lot of work and that won't be cheap to do it right.  Wouldn't it be a shame to just leave these cool buttstocks in a cardboard box for the rest of my life ?

Two Questions :
1.  What Gunsmith do you guys recommend for this job ?
2.  Would you please post some pics of a bare SVD receiver without the wood buttstock attached so we can see the differences between an original SVD vs a Slant Cut VEPR ?

Thanks in advance to everyone who helps share their knowledge on this.  

Link Posted: 2/20/2024 2:54:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Atlantic sold svd furniture for the vepr

as does Rhineland
https://www.troupsystems.com/product/vepr-svd-stocks/

Link Posted: 2/23/2024 5:24:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By GunsRfun4me:
I have had a couple old original Russian SVD buttstocks for years.  One is the old laminate wood buttstock and the other is the black polymer.  I would like to finally have my Russian VEPR rifle receivers professionally modified to install these original SVD buttstocks.  
I know these VEPR rifle receivers are Slant Cut so it will take a knowledgeable Gunsmith a lot of work and that won't be cheap to do it right.  Wouldn't be a shame to just leave these cool buttstocks in a cardboard box for the rest of my life ?

Two Questions :
1.  What Gunsmith do you guys recommend for this job ?
2.  Would you please post some pics of a bare SVD receiver without the wood buttstock attached so we can see the differences between an original SVD vs a Slant Cut VEPR ?

Thanks in advance to everyone who helps share their knowledge on this.  

View Quote

Sorry I haven't seen this post until now, @GunsRfun4me but the go-to guy for Vepr slantback conversions is Matt Yeamans (AKA "Turbothis") at My Guns Northwest. Getting ready to send mine out to him to do the conversion.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top