BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 9:01:36 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
He is selling these over on the EE forum for $65+$10 shipping. You can pick a cantilever or L mount. HTH

Try emailing him. I don't think he's on here much
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:58:29 AM EDT
[#2]
What's his email address ? Also where is he located at in the EE and/or what exactly should I key in the search to go directly to his thread ?

Thanks, Marcusg
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 11:50:06 AM EDT
[#3]
[email protected]

His thread is one of the hottest in the "optics" part, with 6 pages!

it says "Aimpoint Clone" or something like that. You can't miss it
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:37:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Badaim. Much appreciated.

Marcusg
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 11:28:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Tag
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 1:30:04 PM EDT
[#6]
whats the ee thread and where can i buy one from a store. also what is the make.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 1:50:17 PM EDT
[#7]
no make, no store, just from him.  

HERE

ETA:  I had to kill the link.  I got bitched out by Brasspile for trashing the thread.  

I answered too many questions for Jon.  I was very truthful.  

I consider most of the questions to be "make it or break it" questions people had with aspects of teh sights.  People asked about it cowitnessing, how sturdy the mounts were, how was battery life, whether you could use the 1/3N batteries, whether a Killflash will fit, whether an Aimpoint double battery module will fit, etc.  

A lot of people even wanted to know if they were cheap Tacpoints or other Airsoft scopes.  

Most of my answers helped them decide it was worth a shot.  I still "Stomped" or "Trashed" the thread.  

Who'd have thought that telling people which mounts will work the way they want them to would be considered trashing the thread?

I had 10 or so of my posts removed after some other asshole posted a link to another cheap imitation on another site.  

I didn't feel I needed to be grouped in with him so I removed every single one of my posts and replaced them with a
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 1:52:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Never mind - beat to it...
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:48:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Has anyone put one of these on a .308 yet? I'm wanting to get one for an AR-10 and I was wonderinr how well these will hold up to the recoil. Thanks...
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:59:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Has anyone put one of these on a .308 yet? I'm wanting to get one for an AR-10 and I was wonderinr how well these will hold up to the recoil. Thanks...

I'm going to the range Wens. I will see what I can do.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:38:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks! Give me an IM if you don't want to post a report.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:11:17 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

HERE

ETA:  I had to kill the link.  I got bitched out by Brasspile for trashing the thread.  

I consider most of the questions to be "make it or break it" questions people had with aspects of teh sights.  People asked about it cowitnessing, how sturdy the mounts were, how was battery life, whether you could use the 1/3N batteries, whether a Killflash will fit, whether an Aimpoint double battery module will fit, etc.  

A lot of people even wanted to know if they were cheap Tacpoints or other Airsoft scopes.  

Most of my answers helped them decide it was worth a shot.  I still "Stomped" or "Trashed" the thread.  

Who'd have thought that telling people which mounts will work the way they want them to would be considered trashing the thread?

I had 10 or so of my posts removed after some other asshole posted a link to another cheap imitation on another site.  

I didn't feel I needed to be grouped in with him so I removed every single one of my posts and replaced them with a

Well, answer those questions here! We still would like to know  I was literally reading the pages one by one....when I got to the last one, you started to delete your posts!  All that good info (I need) is lost.  

I ordered one of these with the cantilever mount yesterday.  I just got tired of being 2 seconds late e-mailing or IM'ing someone offering a used (real) one, and having it be SOLD already (and of course, missed out on the group buy).  The clone is an inexpensive way to see if I really want to take the plunge and just buy a real one.  

Good thing is, the resale on the clone is gonna be pretty close to the original purhcase price if I ever wanna sell it.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:18:20 AM EDT
[#13]
I like the Eotech much better than the Aimpoint.  I had an Eotech 551 that I sold almost a year ago and now own both this clone and an M68 (Aimpoint CompM.)

The Eotech is much better for my perceived use and needs.  It is quicker and more accurate.

The Aimpoint is probably 10 times sturdier and beefier than this clone but I won't break either while I own them.  That being said, if you have one of these, don't worry about buying an Aimpoint, unless you want to buy mine so I can get an Eotech
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:51:21 AM EDT
[#14]
I have had mine for a couple weeks now, and yesterday I finally went shooting with it. I installed it on an Ultimak rail on my SAR-1. I am impressed. It didnt take much to zero it, and once there it never lost zero. The rifle was banged around, moved around, and I shot at least 500 rounds thru it. I was shooting 10" wood discs at a verified 300m distance with it, with half a dot holdover. I even managed to bust a spraypaint can at the same distance. It worked well at night, bright sunlight, dusk, etc. My only problems are that the low mount isnt low enough to co witness with my Ultimak, so I am going to have to buy an Aimpoint low ring. And I overtightened the elevation cap and pretty much stripped it out. Maybe I can buy an aimpoint cap....
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:26:49 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll check on the caps for you.  I don't think they are exhangable though.  The killflash won't screw into the clone and I don't think any of the threads correspond but I will check when I remember.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:32:17 PM EDT
[#16]
So, is this just an unbranded Hakko Tacpoint?  Anyone compare one to a Tacpoint?  Does it just arrive in a plain brown/white box?  Any warranty?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#17]
I just recieved my clone today.  Took about 7 days to get here.  The scope was fogged up from sittting in my mail box all day and then bringing it into my warm house,  but the fog cleared up in a half hour or so.  Very nice scope for the money.  I will give a range report when I get a chance.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:33:57 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

HERE

actually even though you may have helped out the seller it is still an add and not for "chatting and talking about the product"
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:41:07 PM EDT
[#19]
JosephR, you have damned near answered every single question that  i would have asked throughly and with patience that few would find in a forum enviroment. I would like to thank you for answering all these questions that members have asked and I can guarantee that they helped many people find solutions to their problems. Shame you had to delete all your responses, as they contained a wealth of info that I would reread everytime I came upon that thread.

Thanks for your assistance in this gentleman's products.

I salute you

-Bad aim
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:00:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
JosephR, you have damned near answered every single question that  i would have asked throughly and with patience that few would find in a forum enviroment. I would like to thank you for answering all these questions that members have asked and I can guarantee that they helped many people find solutions to their problems. Shame you had to delete all your responses, as they contained a wealth of info that I would reread everytime I came upon that thread.

Thanks for your assistance in this gentleman's products.

I salute you

-Bad aim

+1

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:56:29 AM EDT
[#21]
I purchased one of the scopes from Jack's store on eBay, cost was around $75.00 with shipping. The scope and mount is nice, I mounted it on my Cetme rifle. This rifle has very little recoil so I am hoping it works out ok.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:01:51 AM EDT
[#22]
"Buy quality and only cry once."

Seems to fit here. So far you folks have said the dot blooms, it can fog just sitting outside and the caps will strip from hand tightening. Doesn't speak well for it's long term lifespan.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:32:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Seems to fit here. So far you folks have said the dot blooms, it can fog just sitting outside and the caps will strip from hand tightening. Doesn't speak well for it's long term lifespan.

I don't believe these are rebranded Hakko Tacpoints although the fact that he's also selling nonbranded Hakko Panoramas makes me wonder...

I still have to check on the caps and threads.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:04:10 PM EDT
[#24]

I still have to check on the caps and threads.

The caps are not interchangable, I just checked.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:24:43 PM EDT
[#25]
I did too.  The caps from the Aimpoint CompM are threaded exactly the same but are not deep or tall enough to accommodate the taller adjustment 'towers' on the clone.

Sorry guys.  

maybe 2 extra O rings will do it for ya though!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:40:44 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Completely agree.....if I was a poor college student.

I have Acog's, Aimpoints, Eotech's a few scope and a couple of old Cmore. I don't think ANYONE on this board has ever bought something only once and decided it was best for them. I am now looking at the SB Short Dot to maybe replace my Acog.

Look at it this way:

Try it cheap before you spend too much and weep!

Personally for $75 it's chump change, if you like it you can buy a real Aimpoint and move this clone to a 10/22 or other. If you don't like it you just saved yourself $100 from lost of retail value if you were to buy an Aimpoint and resell it. It might not be up to the quality of the Aimpoint but an Aimpoint isn't exactly a technical wonder, it's a pretty simple device which has been around in one form or another for years until Aimpoint made on that was "soldier proof."

This is my current setup for the AR, which would probably in the top 5% as far as having the best stuff and most expensive. And I can tell you that I still want to change every single thing on that rifle to something else.

If you still believe in your original slogan: Name one item you own that does not have a better and much more expensive alternative.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:38:36 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

If you still believe in your original slogan: Name one item you own that does not have a better and much more expensive alternative.

That wasn't the point of my post. I said buy quality and only cry once...ie. the cost of a Microtech HALO is ten times that of a cheap chinese knockoff OTF auto knife. Now that's an expensive purchase that takes a chunk out of the old wallet but it will last a lifetime or two, hold an edge like a SOB, and cut like a laser. None of those things can be said for the cheap chinese knockoff. So the choice is buy the quality Microtech once and have it last and perform forever or buy the cheap knockoff, have it fail within the year and be faced with buying another POS. What's your choice.....I chose the HALO (2&3).

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:45:26 PM EDT
[#28]
MrMojo- We understand what you are saying and you don't have to repeat it.  Maybe you are new to this, maybe you are not.  You surely don't seem to understand the idea of buying a cheap knockoff to have a cheap knockoff.  

Do you own a Microtech?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:52:49 PM EDT
[#29]
I currently own three.

I somewhat understand wanting a knockoff for plinking and playing. It's just my opinion that a person is better off to save up until they can afford a quality item rather than settle for the quick/cheap fix.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:21:09 PM EDT
[#30]

I somewhat understand wanting a knockoff for plinking and playing. It's just my opinion that a person is better off to save up until they can afford a quality item rather than settle for the quick/cheap fix.

I agree with you when you have decided on what you want to buy, but for some of us (especially LEO's and military personel that do not get paid well) being able to buy a cheap clone that has all of the features of an item that we are thinking of purchasing gives us the opportunity to test different devices to see if we do want that particular device without having to shell out say 400-1000 and find out that we really didn't like what we ended up buying in the first place. If I had the extra money laying around I would gladly go to my gunshop and buy an aimpoint tomorrow morning. Fact is that I can't afford to shell out 500.00 on an optic when I have never used one before. The clone gives me the advantage of getting one that is cheap to test the features of the device and decide if that is what I really want. It also gives me the opportunity to familiarize myself with how they work before I get a real one and mess it up.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:28:39 PM EDT
[#31]
  I couldn't stand it any longer.

I just ordered an ACOG copy from Jackyiscxd because I just have to know !!!

Results to follow .......... And yes I do have nice equipment too !

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:52:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Just got my clones today.  If they hold zero as well a they look and feel, these are the best bargain in optics I've ever seen.  They are much better than my bargain basement  Chinese junker red dots -- you can feel the difference.  Jackie's ACOG clone, the A(CL)OG may be next.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#33]
These cheap knockoffs are probably OK for RRA or Colt rifles, but I wouldn't want one on a quality rifle like a Bushmaster.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:01:13 PM EDT
[#34]

I just bought one of Jackyiscxd's Aimpoint knockoffs.  It looks perfect on my DPMS .308 and co witnesses much better with the DPMS BUIS then the Tacpoint 2 ring it replaces.  If it works as good as it looks like it will, it will be the best $60 something bucks it cost me.  I'll post a followup with pics if I can when the weather permits some range time.

later,
AJ
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:27:22 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Waiting for a your review before I buy the ACOG copy.  I already have the Aimpoint clone and it works great for $70.00
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:11:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Aahhyes68-

Wow those are nice Airsoft weapons.....Just kidding
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:58:45 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Waiting for a your review before I buy the ACOG copy.  I already have the Aimpoint clone and it works great for $70.00

+1
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:43:31 PM EDT
[#38]
If I put one of these on my flat top upper with the taller mount will the FSB get in the way of my view?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:41:28 PM EDT
[#39]
anyone successfully use single battery type?

What did you use?  I read about the duracel 1/3n...is that the one to use?

tHANKS!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:36:01 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
If I put one of these on my flat top upper with the taller mount will the FSB get in the way of my view?

you'll see the front sight in the window but that's just how it is and it's not considered 'in the way.'
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:11:45 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

This is my current setup for the AR, which would probably in the top 5% as far as having the best stuff and most expensive. And I can tell you that I still want to change every single thing on that rifle to something else.

img344.imageshack.us/img344/8533/display1lg.jpg

Wow.  You definitely got the BRD bad!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:07:22 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
anyone successfully use single battery type?

What did you use?  I read about the duracel 1/3n...is that the one to use?

www.pictureline.com/images/medium/DB3010_dl13n.jpg

tHANKS!

Yep.  That one will work just fine.  It's what I use in mine.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:04:02 PM EDT
[#43]
I don't know if anyone noticed but there are two lengths of tubes on these? I used a 30mm Armalite scope rind for the first scope. I ordered another for another project and the other ring won't fit down in to the flat area. It don't affect anything other than a wide ring won't fit but has anyone else notice this?
See in the pic the 1/8th inch gap. There is none on the other. The rounded corner won't let it seat.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:16:20 PM EDT
[#44]
I bought on a while back and have not had a problem yet!!!

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:54:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Just got my clone in the mail yesterday, mounted it this morning when I got off of work. Quality construction for sure, so far worth the just under 75shipped... Although i have no idea how to properly sight it in... Could have come with some instructions...

-- OJM
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:04:01 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Just got my clone in the mail yesterday, mounted it this morning when I got off of work. Quality construction for sure, so far worth the just under 75shipped... Although i have no idea how to properly sight it in... Could have come with some instructions...

-- OJM

i'm going to put the rifle on a bench and point the iron sights at something to reference the red dot to.
to move the red dot down...turn the elevation knob UP; to move the dot left...turn the windage knob RIGHT (and vice versa).

after that...i'm off to the range to really sight the dot optic at 100 yards.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:58:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Some bad news egay closed his accounts. Not sure what the problem was.

I placed my order just don't know if it will go through.    
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:07:32 PM EDT
[#48]
I just emailed him because I am waiting for one to come in as well. He stated that Ebay made a mistake on his account and he was contacting them. We'll see what happens though.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:17:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Got mine in a little over 2 weeks cause of the holidays.

had an Eotech prior...and my intitial thoughts are that it's pretty solid.
Like everyone else says...it wouldn't be my pick for serious use, but the rifle is only used at the range.

Used some Loc tite, and tightened the nut down with 25 inch/lbs.
Will report back when i hit the range week after next.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:40:26 AM EDT
[#50]
I recieve my mine an dzeroed it in @ 1" high at 50 yds. It holds the zero and i can hit stuff at 350 yds with it. Het for 60 bucks you can beat it. You can and thats the beauty of it. Cheap fun
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top