User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:55:19 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
These cheap knockoffs are probably OK for RRA or Colt rifles, but I wouldn't want one on a quality rifle like a Bushmaster.  

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:18:21 AM EDT
[#2]
tag
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:12:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone have any info on Jon's Ebay business going tit's up?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:08:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Could Aimpoint have done something about this?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:40:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Or A.R.M.S. now that he's selling clones of their stuff.  He's sold clones of the Aimpoints for a long time...
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:47:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Anyone have any info on Jon's Ebay business going tit's up?

What's happening to it?

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:09:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Never fear. Jon should be back on EGAY in a while. The Clone Wars will rage on.

His add is still active in the EE. Email him, not IM, for quicker response.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:23:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone got a link to his ad in the Equipment Exchange?  Someone said he was gone from there too.

I'm looking to put a fake Aimpoint on a Ruger 10/22, along with a REAL Surefire G2.

Yes I have an AR and yes it does have a fairly expensive optic and light setup.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:52:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:53:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=23&t=318369

This should be it.

That's it, thanks!

Quoted:

Dick will go after anyone that is selling clones of his products. I bet he got a nice letter from Dick's lawyers. hr

Letters from lawyers often don't  mean much, if anything.  If you're worried about patent infringements you should go after the manufacturer, not the seller.  Obviously that won't work here since the mfg'er is in China, but I don't think there's much they can do to him as a seller.  I guess I should be studying my business law book more.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:22:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Or A.R.M.S. now that he's selling clones of their stuff.  He's sold clones of the Aimpoints for a long time...

Dick will go after anyone that is selling clones of his products. I bet he got a nice letter from Dick's lawyers.

C4

I have one of the ARMS clone mounts. ARMS don't have anything to worry about
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:52:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:03:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:04:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:11:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dick will go after anyone that is selling clones of his products. I bet he got a nice letter from Dick's lawyers.

C4

I have one of the ARMS clone mounts. ARMS don't have anything to worry about

It really isn't about quality (which we already knew).

C4

Your right a copyrighted product should not be copied. I shouldn't have bought it. For my punishment I will have to buy the real thing.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:06:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone have a status on how well these are holding up under use?
Regards,
C1
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:58:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't know about actual use yet, but I got mine in the mail today. John's store is back up on Ebay as well. Now I am even more anxious to go shot my rifle. Maybe the weather will break for this weekend.

Since I have never held an Aimpoint I don't know how it actually compares, except from reading others posts. It seems like it is well enough made for plinking as everyone has already stated.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:51:59 AM EDT
[#19]
I ordered one of these about a week and a half ago. after 3 or 4 days I saw where e-gay closed his account so I e-mailed jacky and asked him if I was going to get stiffed for the money and he said who ever sent payment would get what they ordered. Anyway I got my clone in the mail yesterday. Not bad for the price. I e-mailed him to ask who made the scope and he told me Hakko makes them.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:37:28 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I e-mailed him to ask who made the scope and he told me Hakko makes them.

An unmarked Tacpoint?

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:04:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

An unmarked Tacpoint?

No shit?  Fuck...

Tacpoints...

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:51:37 PM EDT
[#22]
mine came today.......very nice and solid. Now where are the instructions???!!! How do you zero this thing, etc...
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:45:19 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

An unmarked Tacpoint?

Back on page 1 of the thread some people posted that this seemed better made than the Tacpoints.  Even if it is the same, at least is doesn't have that tacky blue ring.  I don't care if the Tacpoint says "Tacpoint" on it (and I think it should) but it should be in raised black letters or silver on black.  

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:04:01 AM EDT
[#24]
they can't be tacpoints because the blue ring was a NEW addition to them, not something they USED to use.  

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:24:16 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
they can't be tacpoints because the blue ring was a NEW addition to them, not something they USED to use.  

Are you saying it's not possible they are both currently built in the same factory and finished (i.e, painted or not) differently?

(I'm not suggesting this is the case - I've never had a "TacPoint" - just saying it is possible, unless there are obvious structural differences, etc.)
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:16:40 PM EDT
[#26]
how much does the POI shift with ONE click on this clonepoints from jackyixcd? at 50 yards, or 25, whatever..
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is there anyway that you can get the Killflash installed on it?

What is the "grill" on the killflash made out of? Some people say it is made out of some kind of resin that will shatter when impacted hard

The killflash grid is aluminum honeycomb.  Putting one on this sight implies that you're going to use it for a semi-serious purpose....Don't.  I'm probably going to buy one to put on my 9mm AR, which is a range toy...but no way in hell would I put one on a rifle I might depend on.

When I was issued my M68 CCO (Comp M2) over here in Iraq, they told us we had to use the killflash. As soon as I could I took mine off.

A PITA to clean and it blocked almost 30% of my image. I was never worried about reflection.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:27:06 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
how much does the POI shift with ONE click on this clonepoints from jackyixcd? at 50 yards, or 25, whatever..

COme on! someone answer my q!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:43:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Its works great i posted a side by side test with the real thing. But mysterilsy it came up missing.............................lol
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:04:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Some pics of my sons .22 AR with the Aimpoint Clone.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#31]
With this optic mounted on a flat top upper, can someone measure the distance from the top of the rail on the upper to the middle of the scope with the low mount.  And could someone make the same measurement for the one with the cantilevered mount?  I am trying to decide which would be the best mount for my setup on my AR.  I have ARMS 40 BUIS and I would like to know if the BUIS are cowitnessed with either mount or just one of the mounts.

Thanks for the help.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:41:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Somebody with one of these can confirm this, but I believe the "low" mount cowitnesses with the irons right in the center of the optic, and the cantilever cowitnesses with the sights about 1/3 up from the bottom.  The ARMS-type mount would be centered w/o the spacer and bottom 1/3 with.

Now, can somebody tell me why the price on the Ebay store for the sight with ARMS-type mount is more than if you bought the sight with the KAC-type mount plus the ARMS-type mount separately?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:49:21 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I bought one of these from Jack through Ebay 9 months or so ago.  I was very pleased with it.

Recently I got into the Group Buy on the Aimpoint CompMs (at $194 ) and am able to tell you a few additional things I've noticed:

-  The adjustment caps and rubber keeper are much nicer and feel more solid on the Aimpoint but I'm not saying the Clone's are cheap.
-  The Killflash will NOT fit in the Clone.  I know this for a fact.  It screws into the front lens of the CompM and will not screw into the Clone.
-  The Aimpoint has more brightness settings but are not as bright as the highest setting on the Clone.
-  The Clone's brightest few actually cause the dot to bloom which is actually a nice feature if it's bright outside and you aren't looking for 2MOA precision.
-  The Mount for the Clone is nice (I got the high version) but the top portion is very thin.  I replaced mine with a 30mm Burris XTreme Ring.
-  The KillFlash is almost NECESSARY due to the glare you can get from either of the front lenses.
-  The Aimpoint QRP is a great mount and do NOT expect your clone to return to zero with ANY of the mounts available with it. Standard Aimpoint mounts don't even return to zero.

-  These are NOT the SPOT scopes.
-  I have a hard time believing these are created in the same building as the TacPoints.  

Wow, I'm impressed.
You really changed your view towards knockoffs.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:35:13 PM EDT
[#34]
All posts have a date and time stamp on them.  I suggest you take a look at them.  You are a bit mistaken if you think I like the knockoffs.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:13:49 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
All posts have a date and time stamp on them.  I suggest you take a look at them.  You are a bit mistaken if you think I like the knockoffs.

Quoted:
I bought one of these from Jack through Ebay 9 months or so ago. I was very pleased with it
Posted :: 12/2/2005 9:58:05 AM MST

This scope has got to be 10 times better than the Tacpoint from what I've heard about the Tacpoint.
Posted :: 12/2/2005 10:37:49 PM MST

I got the KAC cantilever knockoff with mine and it seemed to cowitness just fine.
Posted :: 12/4/2005 7:48:07 PM MST

I too was wondering about your shift in points of view on the Clonepoints. Seemed for a while there on Jack, Jacky or what ever his name is thread in the E n’E as well as this thread that you supported the clones as a decent alternative to a real Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:05:45 PM EDT
[#36]
So is THIS the same Aimpoint knockoff everyone is talking about?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:36:32 PM EDT
[#37]
No do a seach on ebay for his store.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:40:29 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

No. But it is a knockoff alright. This is it

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=23&t=318369

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:17:48 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

This looks exactly the same as the one sold on EE.  They are $30 less .
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:37:26 AM EDT
[#40]
well, to a point.  a $75 red dot sight compared to the real aimpoint for $450 is good enough for plinking at the range.  

I've recently gotten into arguments with people about the $200 ACOG knockoffs and it's gotten me pissed about knockoffs in general.  

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:05:42 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
well, to a point.  a $75 red dot sight compared to the real aimpoint for $450 is good enough for plinking at the range.  

I've recently gotten into arguments with people about the $200 ACOG knockoffs and it's gotten me pissed about knockoffs in general.  

Where are these ACOG knockoffs to be found?  I'd like to see one and keep seeing them mentioned but have yet to actually see it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:41:57 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It does look like it, and I own one from the EE. I wouldn;t get it though, the one from the EE handles a real firearm quite well, these look very similar but are priced as if they are strictly meant for fake guns
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:48:12 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It does look like it, and I own one from the EE. I wouldn;t get it though, the one from the EE handles a real firearm quite well, these look very similar but are priced as if they are strictly meant for fake guns

I'd venture to guess that the one in the EE is EXACTLY the same rig as the Ebay one.  He's got to get them from somewhere and I bet it's Hong Kong which is where the other comes from.  There is only going to be so many people manufacturing them.  If you look on Ebay they have the same one with the Knights type mount for a few bucks more.  A guy I work with bought on of the Ebay model and it looks exactly like the one in the EE.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:06:17 AM EDT
[#44]
What, now we're trying to distinguish between real clones and fake clones???  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:22:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Hey for 65 bucks shipped its worth it and it works. I have the real thing and the clone ,when the bullets go down range and they both hit the same spot ( who cares). Im glad someone came out with something for people that are on a budget that works. Not everyone on this board has big $$$$$$$$$$$ to blow.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:17:18 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Isn’t that amusing!  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:36:48 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Isn’t that amusing!  

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:07:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Got my clonepoint from Jack today. Went on well without any problems. The windage and elevation screws seemed a little tight on but zeroed just fine. The various power settings for the dot are great. I was zeroing in daylight and had no problem kepping it on the lowest setting while I zeroed the scope.

The only problem I had was a very minor one. The rod that is part of the hinge on the front flip up cover would work loose about every 20 or so rounds. I pulled the rod out slightly and just put a small dab of super glue in the hole the pushed the rod back through. Simple problem with a simple fix.

I felt that for the cost this is one of the better clone scopes out there. It seems very well built and surprized me when I opened the packaged. I have put about 50 rounds downrange after I zeroed it and it has held its zero.

Gordon
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:07:44 PM EDT
[#49]
I have just ordered one of these, did you get the cantilever mount?  If so how is the view in relation to the standard front sight?  My only concern at this point is how mine is going to work with the Standard front sight post (i.e. how will the sight look through the scope).
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:26:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top