Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/7/2009 7:43:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Actually... According to the letter you posted, you CAN do it, simply by registering your SBR or Pistol receiver as a "Weapon made from a Rifle" which then would allow you to make it a SBR, pistol, rifle, or whatever, and change it at will.

Winner, Winner chicken dinner!! That sir is correct.
I posted this because there are a lot of people the think  "once a pistol always a pistol" and they can change a pistol to a rifle ,which you can, and then back to a pistol without the form 1 and the tax stamp, which you can't. There are even a lot of forums (including this one at one time, read the 1st post FAQ's) that still believe it is OK and promote it as such..

I had (but no longer can find) a letter from the BATFE saying that you CAN build a pistol, CONFIGURE it as a rifle, and then RE-CONFIGURE it as a pistol at will... as long as the ONLY time it has the buttstock on it is when it ALSO has the long barrel attached (the "once a pistol always a pistol" thing).   But.. as every other stinking government agency that routinely violates the constitution, they seem to be free to change their interpretations at will.  And since they have their own courts, with their own judges... violate their revised bullshit interpretations at your peril.  And since we now have the Obama bastards running things, be prepared for new lame-ass interpretations that defy all common sense.  

In short, even if you have a letter, personally written (and notarized) to you  from the head of NFA branch, watch your ass, no matter which way you go.

(...and be especially careful if you do have that personal letter... because once they revise their interpretation, they will know, or suspect that what you built now violates their revised opinion, and they'll be coming to arrest you shortly)  (for a perfect example look to the folks who bought the "AKINS ACCELERATOR")

Link Posted: 7/9/2009 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Actually... According to the letter you posted, you CAN do it, simply by registering your SBR or Pistol receiver as a "Weapon made from a Rifle" which then would allow you to make it a SBR, pistol, rifle, or whatever, and change it at will.

Winner, Winner chicken dinner!! That sir is correct.
I posted this because there are a lot of people the think  "once a pistol always a pistol" and they can change a pistol to a rifle ,which you can, and then back to a pistol without the form 1 and the tax stamp, which you can't. There are even a lot of forums (including this one at one time, read the 1st post FAQ's) that still believe it is OK and promote it as such..

I had (but no longer can find) a letter from the BATFE saying that you CAN build a pistol, CONFIGURE it as a rifle, and then RE-CONFIGURE it as a pistol at will... as long as the ONLY time it has the buttstock on it is when it ALSO has the long barrel attached (the "once a pistol always a pistol" thing).   But.. as every other stinking government agency that routinely violates the constitution, they seem to be free to change their interpretations at will.  And since they have their own courts, with their own judges... violate their revised bullshit interpretations at your peril.  And since we now have the Obama bastards running things, be prepared for new lame-ass interpretations that defy all common sense.  

In short, even if you have a letter, personally written (and notarized) to you  from the head of NFA branch, watch your ass, no matter which way you go.

(...and be especially careful if you do have that personal letter... because once they revise their interpretation, they will know, or suspect that what you built now violates their revised opinion, and they'll be coming to arrest you shortly)  (for a perfect example look to the folks who bought the "AKINS ACCELERATOR")

I think I've read one too.  Anyone who has this, please post!

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top