BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#1]
If you don't like the color, just put bullets in your magazine and they become invisible.

Bring on the Lumpy plates!
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:45:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Are these Gen 2s in stock on the Magpul website?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:42:02 PM EDT
[#3]
That's where I got mine...were suppose to ship Fri. / today.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:44:56 PM EDT
[#5]
wooooo...saw the video..that is very quiet for an AR15 with can ..any specific ammo were used ?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 7:42:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
And here I am, still using my pink beta followers....

I've got my beta/ red followers in Brit SA80 parkerized magazines.  After coating them with Norrells, and dropping in the Magpul followers, they have become pretty much bomb proof.  I like them as much as my HK uber-expensive mags.

www.airforcesecuritypolice.com/invisionboard/uploads/post-3-1106637918.jpg

I thought mags were already parkerized new? Or is that a tougher coating on them, and are they abrasive on the mag well?

Sorry I don't know too much about the AR15 mags, other than my USGI mags with Magpul followers work 100% and are the cats ass!

But after seeing those.....I may have to parkerize a  few of my mags.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 10:38:15 AM EDT
[#7]
You can't park aluminum (USGI mags).  The Brit mags he has are steel.

Park solution will attack Alum. and make your mags useless.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:39:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Actually, parkerizing solution has no effect on aluminum - good or bad.  It certainly will not render them useless.  
You can however, strip the stock grey hard-anodizing from your USGI mags and re-anodize them with BLACK hard anno to achieve a similar look.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:48:43 PM EDT
[#9]
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:46:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Some of my magazines do not hold the bolt open on the last shot(With normal followers)

Will these fix the problem?

If so I will be placing my order soon
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:54:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
For once my procrastination pays off!

+1

I was just going to order some "next week".  

+1 I've been putting it off for a long time myself. Time to order some mags and magpuls.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:58:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Well.... i just ordered 27 of them.

I will let you guys know when i get them.

They will be replacing my previous orange followers.... i sure do like orange
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:44:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I ordered 15 yesterday.  Looking foward to them, plus the safety orange is just plain cool.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:56:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I ordered 15 yesterday.  Looking foward to them, plus the safety orange is just plain cool.  

sweet... you and me... we can wait together.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:20:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Will these work with 6.8 SPC magazines or will the 6.8 SPC followers have a separate upgrade in the future?

I'm also curious about the answer to this question. Me, I like the color.  

Well does anybody know if these will work with 6.8 SPC magazines or will the 6.8 SPC followers have a separate upgrade in the future?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:07:56 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm gonna need 20 of those :)
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:38:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
JackalAR is correct in the location that usally required work. It really would depend on the magazine. Even a selection from the same manufacture from the same new bow would yeild different results from Mag to Mag.
On the color issue we will probably offer the follower in a Gray color along with the Burnt Orange soon for those who cannot abide any bright colors.

Just curious, why don't you offer them in various colors?  I've got several AR variants and try not to mix up the mags, so one of my ideas was to swap out the mag followers (upgrade and color change) to help separate them.  Other than going through the trouble of painting the floor plates.  btw do you have any of the blue ones for the Grendels?  Thanks.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:48:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Maybe I missed this but do these new ones fit USGI 20rd mags?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:31:26 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Maybe I missed this but do these new ones fit USGI 20rd mags?

Short answer, "no".  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:05:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Has anybody got their Gen2 followers yet? I ordered two weeks ago and haven't received mine.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:04:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Newp...emailed to see when they shipped and no reply. They must of had more problems with the molding. I'd rather they get em right the first time.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:00:05 AM EDT
[#22]
I look forward to the ORANGE followers.

Preserve grey, blue and purple for future, upgraded follower designs.

I suggest yellow for especially for blanks designed followers...

H
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:17:21 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I've got my beta/ red followers in Brit SA80 parkerized magazines.  After coating them with Norrells, and dropping in the Magpul followers, they have become pretty much bomb proof.  I like them as much as my HK uber-expensive mags.

Well the SA80 sucks, but good to know the magazines are a quality build.  I'll look out for some myself.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:45:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Has anybody got their Gen2 followers yet? I ordered two weeks ago and haven't received mine.

I've emailed at least two dealers -- and they had YET to reply...

Anyone out there already got hold of the GREY GEN-2's ???
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:22:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Tag
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:36:03 PM EDT
[#26]
They told me about Thurs...give it another week probably. They must have had issues or wanted to stock up dealers.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:15:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:00:03 PM EDT
[#28]
I would rather see you guys hold it for another month or two, than to release it before it should be.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:27:39 AM EDT
[#29]
They do exist!
Not really visible in the pic, but I can see a bit of flashing that Richard mentioned.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:53:20 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I would rather see you guys hold it for another month or two, than to release it before it should be.

+1 I do NOT want to have to take a file to these followers as I did my Gen 1's.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:14:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Just ordered six packs of each color.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:53:13 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 I do NOT want to have to take a file to these followers as I did my Gen 1's.

+100. I just ordered some, and I'll wait a bit longer til they get things running perfectly, rather than have to screw around with cutting off flash off my followers.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:13:31 AM EDT
[#33]
I received all 14 of mine (complete with 7 tan and 7 olive drab Ranger Plates) on the 17th.  I finally got them all assembled yesterday and I've got the same problem with every single one of the mags: my 30th round is so hard to force in that there are actually large scratches on the brass of the round.  Also, it's incredibly hard to get back out.  Round 29 has no problems.  Round 30 is rough.  Am I only supposed to put 29 rounds in the mags now?  

Also, in that video earlier in the thread, I did notice somebody in the background say "Any problems with that first feed?" which makes me think that his round 30 was havin' some troubles as well.  Makes me happy that he fed without trouble, but seriously, I'm not sure if i'm getting across how hard this bullet is to put in the mag, or to get out of it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:26:09 AM EDT
[#34]
EDITED:
Thanks for clearing up all the questions.  Great product!

Is it just me or does the color combination look straight pimp!?

Any chance of of getting L-Plates in safety orange?
The reason I ask is everyone at my Gun Club has Grey USGI Teflon with green followers and regular floor plates.  If I had say, black mags with red followers and matching red L-Plates, oh yeah.  Fashion statement baby!

THE RED MEANS BUSINESS.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:32:06 AM EDT
[#35]
I can't find it now, but I'm absolutely certain that I read Magpul (not the member, the company) saying that Ranger Plates limit the capacity, except when used with their upgraded followers as well.

Also, if the followers limit the capacity, wouldn't that be something you want to tell people before the spend money on your product?

And I don't buy the 28 capacity, because my 29th round has no problems.  That post is also from 5 months ago.  Well before the gen 2 followers.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:37:44 AM EDT
[#36]
I just want to make a half dozen Frankenstein magazines.  Need mag husks.

Gen2 Safety Orange Followers
Safety orange floor plates (if they exist)
Wolff mag springs

:)  yay!

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:43:38 AM EDT
[#37]
To answer one of the questions you edited in, the orange part on that is probably the locking plate.  Ranger Plates don't just slide on and you're done.  There's a second piece that goes inside the mag body, and when you slide the Ranger Plate on, once it's in the proper position it locks into the Ranger Plate itself and keeps it from moving.  Very nice lockup, I actually had trouble getting one of my plates back off.  But that piece is probably the one that's orange.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:30:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:33:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Okay, Walrus...The Ranger limits the compacity of a 30 rounder to 29/28 on some mags  when used with a Magpul follower.  I however have some mags set up with the follower and the ranger that will take a full 30 rounds..  I personally have always put 28 in all of my 30's, so it has never effected me....I did this even before the new follower and Rangers were avalible (this is a huge, ongoing debate on ARFcom and in the tactical AR world.  So the problem you're experiencing is normal, don't worry.

As far as the quote, "Any problems with the first feed".  That was one of our engineer's.  The reason for the comment is we were looing for any feeding issues with the new design.  Neeedless to say there were none.  All of the mags we tested had 28 or less rounds in them.  

So,  the problems you run into with a full 30 you ask.  Man, I feel like I've entered this discussion so many times.  

Inserting a full 30 rounder into a rifle with a closed bolt can be much more difficult with a full 30/29.  With a full 30 there is no room for the spring to compress anymore when the top round is pressed up against the bottom of the bolt.  This may cause you to feel that the mag is seated when indeed it is not.  Not a big deal to some, bigger deal to others.  I happen to be in the latter of the groups.  Yeah, yeah I know..."go lift some weights Sally, smash that thing in there".

Inserting a full 30 into an open bolt is much easier until the bolt is slapped forward.  The tension between the top round and the feed lips is so tight (scrapes on the casing) that the bolt is unable to strip the top round off, stopping the forward motion of the round and bolt.  If this happens the forward assist usually solves this problem, but may shave off seconds, seconds that may end up killing you.  JMO.

Lets not turn this into a "28 or 30 rounds" thread I've seen it too many times.  Walrus had a valid question, which I tried to answer.

MocoMan.....That is a safety orange locking plate.  This is what locks the Ranger to the body of the mag.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:33:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Well ok then.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:19:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Sounds like I ought to be loading my mags with the new followers to 29 rds then, and not 30. Glad this got clarified.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:53:31 PM EDT
[#42]
I ordered my Gen2 followers on Dec 13th. I still have not received them. I've sent an e-mail to  [email protected] and that was 3 day ago no reply. hinking.gif
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:07:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Wow, looks like I was pretty lucky.  

All you gotta do is call them.  CALL THEM.  Follow up.  They're great guys, don't be lazy.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:01:13 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I ordered my Gen2 followers on Dec 13th. I still have not received them. I've sent an e-mail to  [email protected] and that was 3 day ago no reply.

I ordered 27 of the orange on the 14th.  I don't have them yet & it's no big deal.  Greatness takes time.  They had a snafu with a machine that made them.... and rather than send out garbage, just like...(insert ANY crappy company name here) they did the HONEST thing.

That's freaking awesome in my book.  I would rather have something that works a few days later, than have a defective product that I need to send back.

I will let you all know when I get them & what i think.

have a good one.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:24:24 PM EDT
[#45]
I got my grey followers today and already installed them. The flashing isn't any worse than the Gen 1's I have and they are from the first batch on the old machine.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:42:41 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I got my grey followers today and already installed them. The flashing isn't any worse than the Gen 1's I have and they are from the first batch on the old machine.

Mr. Magpul answered my question about the 29/30 round thing by saying mag bodies will determine if I can get that last round in.  Can you fit 30 rounds in your mags, or just 29?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:54:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Haven't tried...will let you know if I get to go out tomorrow...waiting on my stock. Those" lumpy" plates look interesting...are they just to help absorb shock / protect the mag body or?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:38:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Good to hear production is happening again.  Was hoping for them by X-mas, but quality takes time, no big deal.  Looking foward to them.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:56:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Thanks for hanging in there fellas.  It's nice to hear that you guys support a small delay for a quality product vs. now, now, now....."hey, this ain't right."  The guys have been VERY busy this week and I know a shit ton of orders went out yesterday as will today.  Merry X-Mas.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:48:47 PM EDT
[#50]
I have no problems waiting. Other Company I have order from keep you up dated if they are haveing problems with your order. I didnt not fine out they been having problems with machines until I read it on this forum.
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top