BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 4:14:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag.

Mine got put together last night. I'll get some pictures when the sun comes up.

Link Posted: 4/24/2005 2:37:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I got tired of waiting on all the parts I want and or need, so I cobbled what I had together and this is what came out.

The weather sucked today for pictures, maybe better tomorrow.

Bushmaster A2 upper and internals.
Colt "pencil" barrel. Not sure, but I think its a 1/12. As far as we can tell, its not been used, or used very little. It was on a Colt-Martin Marietta slick side upper that was languishing in a safe unused. (I couldn't afford both, and it was a large hole upper.
Bushmaster complere lower, plus a gapper.
CMT six position mil-spec stock.

I wanted an A1 upper, but haven't got my hands on one yet. Most of this, save the barrel and the lower, I had in my safe. Its wickedly light, and my son can handle it.

I haven't shot it yet, since I just got it together last night.

Link Posted: 5/6/2005 9:13:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Bump.
Link Posted: 5/6/2005 11:59:41 PM EDT
[#4]
here are mine again since i had to switch photo servers all the others got lost.

Link Posted: 5/7/2005 10:37:31 PM EDT
[#5]

My first build.
Link Posted: 5/9/2005 10:57:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Another old one,  and my 2nd favorite.    Keep it simple and lightweight.
tinyurl.com/3khxl
I'm waiting for one of those new-in-wrap Colt 20" 1/7 pencil barrels that seem to be popping up everywhere.   Some pirate found a buried treasure chest full of them.   But I haven't decided to DD 12 that one or get a PRi tube.   Shiver me timbers!

Which compact ACOG are you using on that setup?
Link Posted: 5/9/2005 1:03:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

TA50-R4.   I call it my "FRO" scope.   I had no interest at all in compact Acogs until he posted the famous thread.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2005 5:24:26 PM EDT
[#8]
now that i have finally got some pics hosted online i'm whoring out pics of this gun on every thread!
actually, this is the right place for it, as i'm trying to keep this one lightweight and KISS:

Link Posted: 5/9/2005 5:50:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the new Magpul M93B Stock on order, so this pic is only temporary:
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 3:30:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Sweet thread
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 12:14:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
now that i have finally got some pics hosted online i'm whoring out pics of this gun on every thread!
actually, this is the right place for it, as i'm trying to keep this one lightweight and KISS:

www.hunt101.com/img/283976.JPG

Great paint job!
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 12:20:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Great paint job!

+1

One of the few paintjobs I've seen on here that are actually effective.
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 12:43:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 5:07:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 5:34:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Some of the photography on this site is just outstanding!  A+++

Link Posted: 5/12/2005 9:35:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Here are my two:

RRA Entry Tactical:

DPMS lower & J&T upper:

Link Posted: 5/12/2005 9:44:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 1:28:56 PM EDT
[#18]
How many of you guys run standard CAR handguards on a lightweight, vs M4 handgurads?

And at what point does a lightweight stop being a lightweight? I see some rifles in this thread with a lot of stuff on them. (Just curious)
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 2:06:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
How many of you guys run standard CAR handguards on a lightweight, vs M4 handgurads?

And at what point does a lightweight stop being a lightweight? I see some rifles in this thread with a lot of stuff on them. (Just curious)

I keep regular CAR handguards on my two.  I have a set of colt M4 handguards that I put on my A3 lightweight, but it just doesn't look right to me.  I know there's that whole, form over function and function over form thing people talk about, but that's just my taste.  I'm saving those handguards for an M4 build now.
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 2:39:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 10:07:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 12:13:55 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Anything with a lightweight barrel should be posted in this thread. If it has an M4 barrel or other it should be posted in the M4 picture thread.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:43:23 PM EDT
[#23]
New addition just back from Colt repair dept.

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:26:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TA50-R4.   I call it my "FRO" scope.   I had no interest at all in compact Acogs until he posted the famous thread.  
www.boomspeed.com/arasik/TA50R-4.jpg

Whatcha planning to do with that Camo paint...Huh?
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:28:36 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Definately one of the better Camo rifles I've seen.....awesome job!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:01:52 AM EDT
[#26]
It's not the lightest with the A1 stock, ML2, and M4 handguards, but man... That Bushy superlight really helps the balance. It's really improved the ergonomics of this carbine.

[edited to add weight]
I finally broke out a precision scale to weigh this rifle... It is 7.25lbs without the aimpoint and 8.0lbs with the aimpoint. These weights are with the sling, but with the rifle unloaded.

Bushy lower
Jewell trigger
A1 stock
Fulton upper
Fulton carrier/bolt group
bushy superlight barrel
A1 FS
ARMS #40 BUIS
Aimpoint ML2 with ARMS mount and spacer
GGG sling thing
CQB Solutions three point sling

Cheers,
Chris

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:29:09 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Redbone, what happened-  Why was it there?   How did they treat you and how long did it take?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:17:35 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Redbone, what happened-  Why was it there?   How did they treat you and how long did it take?

The upper receiver's M4 feedramps were not anodized so Colt told me to send it in. They were nothing but polite and friendly over the telephone and sent me a letter telling me how long the work would take after they received the upper. They quoted me 30 days but called me 3 weeks later to tell me UPS would be delivering the upper the next day. They only anodized the feedramps instead of the whole upper but I'm more than happy with it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:14:06 AM EDT
[#29]

Oly Arms
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 2:14:42 PM EDT
[#30]

They are both 7# 1oz (+/- 1/2oz ) or -4oz without the M3.

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:11:23 PM EDT
[#31]
How about 7.62x39 flavor?

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:13:40 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I thought the request was for lighweight, not heavybling.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:02:03 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
alpinetek.netfirms.com/guns/AR15/m4type.jpg

I thought the request was for lighweight, not heavybling.

You are correct. THAT is why you see a pic of the weapon indicated. You must not be familiar with the weight of the Predator Rail System and lightweight 16" pencil barrels. The Scorpion lite is also one of the "lightest of the lights" currently on the market.

It has been MY experience that when you are ignorant of something, you can surely learn a lot more by asking insightful questions rather than posting snide remarks based one your previously established ignorance.

If you consider a simple light and electronic sight as "heavy bling",  then you are really going to be amazed when you get old enough to own your own weapon and discover some of the "real bling" out in the world. :)

Anyway... thanx for your wasteful communication contribution to this thread.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
You must not be familiar with the weight of the Predator Rail System and lightweight 16" pencil barrels.

So what does a setup like that weigh?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:13:18 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You must not be familiar with the weight of the Predator Rail System and lightweight 16" pencil barrels.

So what does a setup like that weigh?

The typical carbine length is about 11 oz.
That particular one (extends over the front site base) is 14 oz. That includes the barrel nut.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:46:19 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:49:18 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
home.mebtel.net/~hicksfam/guns/CavArms.JPG

home.mebtel.net/~hicksfam/guns/UltraLite.JPG

Ah, the King of Lightweights.  Which one was the one with the CH bopping you in the nose?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:52:34 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
It was pretty light, before I replaced all the light weight parts and stuck doodads all over it...
www.johnnyego.com/carbinerail3.jpg

what kind of 1911 is that
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:36:26 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I have the new Magpul M93B Stock on order

That particular one (extends over the front site base) is 14 oz. That includes the barrel nut.

Hmmm, my carbine handguards weight in at 5 oz. So the rail alone is an extra 9 oz. Throw in the Magpull's added 6+ oz over a standard M4 stock, and you're already up to nearly a pound heavier. You haven't even added a buis in yet, either. So what's it lighweight compared to, an even more pimped out carbine?

But hey, just because I'm only old enough for Uncle Sam to have issued me M16A1s and M16A2s back in the 80's, what would I know, right?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:34:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:56:51 PM EDT
[#41]
So this friend of mine tells me he has an AR he wants me to checkout, he may want to sell it. Its been sitting in a closet for sometime.

I wait outside as he runs inside to get it.

As he steps out of the house he starts handing me the case and doesn't notice a spider about an inch away from his hand!

I just step back and ask "whats with the spider?", he replies "oh, I thought it was a cockroach".

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:29:42 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
So this friend of mine tells me he has an AR he wants me to checkout, he may want to sell it. Its been sitting in a closet for sometime.

I wait outside as he runs inside to get it.

As he steps out of the house he starts handing me the case and doesn't notice a spider about an inch away from his hand!

I just step back and ask "whats with the spider?", he replies "oh, I thought it was a cockroach".

www.hunt101.com/img/287766.jpg
www.hunt101.com/img/287767.jpg
www.hunt101.com/img/287768.jpg
www.hunt101.com/img/287755.jpg
www.hunt101.com/img/287758.jpg
www.hunt101.com/img/287762.jpg
www.hunt101.com/img/287757.jpg
www.hunt101.com/img/287759.jpg

So how much and did you pick it up.

Was the spider extra?

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Gotcha.  What's the total weight of that weapon come out to?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:52:51 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gotcha.  What's the total weight of that weapon come out to?

Fully laden, and with the new Magpul stock, about 8 lbs.

Not the lightest gun pictured by far, but considering the features, that's pretty damn good.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:12:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:37:39 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Was the spider extra?

Its mine when I want it but I have not picked it up yet. We are still trying to figure out how much. He bought it during the ban and paid quite a bit more than its worth now.

Whats a good price?

I told him he could keep the spider.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:57:07 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Was the spider extra?

Its mine when I want it but I have not picked it up yet. We are still trying to figure out how much. He bought it during the ban and paid quite a bit more than its worth now.

Whats a good price?

I told him he could keep the spider.

SAW sells them for $1195.00 brand new with LE markings to give you a rough idea.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:01:44 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have the new Magpul M93B Stock on order

Hmmm, my carbine handguards weight in at 5 oz. So the rail alone is an extra 9 oz. Throw in the Magpull's added 6+ oz over a standard M4 stock, and you're already up to nearly a pound heavier. You haven't even added a buis in yet, either. So what's it lighweight compared to, an even more pimped out carbine?

But hey, just because I'm only old enough for Uncle Sam to have issued me M16A1s and M16A2s back in the 80's, what would I know, right?

I can see that math is not your strongest attribute. Either that, or, I guess, since you are unaware of how much the proprietary barrel nut weighs, you think it is weightless. You really have some issues, you know?

Judging by your exhibition, here, I think it is pretty questionable about anything that you may, or may NOT, "know".

Well... anyway... it's light weight to me. It may (probably) be heavy to you. Since I do not know you, I really can't argue about how weak you are.. I can only judge by your definition of what is "heavy" to you. Perhaps if you could determine a specific and universal definition by which others should subscribe, it could help others understand and comply with YOUR definition of "lightweight".  I know that may seem selfish, on your part, but this seems to all about "you", anyway. If you look around the thread, you can probably find guns listed that weigh more than mine. Am I special, or do you only have enough time to "skizz out" on one person at a time?

I'm really unsure why you began this juvenile attack, or why you feel the need to prove your "worth" by bragging (or dragging into the conversation) of your service (BTW... if you are NOT lying... thank you for serving). IS this something that Uncle Sam teaches the kids that enlist, these days?   IS this behavior that you are proud to exhibit?

However... in spite of your, apparent, insecurities and compared to my "regular" range toy, it IS quite light (to me.. probably NOT you).

My regular range toy (don't freak out.. YOU don't "have" to carry this "monster")  :

(edited in a pathetic attempt to correct my continually failing spelling "skills")
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:33:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Here is mine:

It's a J and T chrome lined with a stadard M4 BUIS and M4 buttstock and handguards.
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top