Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:27:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Giessele doesn't use any reduced power springs.  The stock springs and lightened, "I-beam" construction hammer is what contributes to the reduced lock time.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:24:30 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My question is how well do these triggers deal with hard primered rounds in relation to the stock trigger?

Highpower shooters use the hardest primers around (inlcuding the mil-spec CCI 34) to prevent slam fires during single loading, and none of the two stage triggers popular there have any trouble lighting them off.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:17:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:47:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I just $pent 900rds of the M855 ammo no one wants to buy from me.......

When I get my upper transaction completed with you, I'll order some if you have any left.

Ray C.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:50:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Still have not gotten to use mine, my local range said "no full metal jacket ammo" So now I have to find a new range since I am never going there ever again.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:55:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Still have not gotten to use mine, my local range said "no full metal jacket ammo" So now I have to find a new range since I am never going there ever again.

[Elmer Fudd]Whatcha want that shit fer....can't hunt deer with it[/Elmer Fudd]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:24:38 PM EDT
[#7]
tag
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#8]
tag
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:06:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I took bigbore to my local range today...  We sighted in some precision rifles in preparation for next week's match.  He had his AR10 there with the Geissele and we also played with Steve's SBR with the Geissele installed.  One word- SWEET!  I was skeptical, especially at the price point.  But now I am sold.  I will have one.  The takeup was steady and light.  The break was crisp and clean.  No slop whatsoever.  My experience includes stock triggers and RRA 2-stage, as well as extensive experience with bolt guns.   I currently run a RRA 2-stage in my AR15.   I have to say the break on the Geissele rivals that of a well tuned bolt gun.  

What impressed me the most was the abillity to make very rapid follow-up shots, as seen in his video above.  Some of the credit has to go towards the overall setup of the shorty, but having compared this to a standard trigger or the RRA, it's a world of difference.  (As it better be!)  

I have some additional video I can post if I find a host...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I took bigbore to my local range today...  We sighted in some precision rifles in preparation for next week's match.  He had his AR10 there with the Geissele and we also played with Steve's SBR with the Geissele installed.  One word- SWEET!  I was skeptical, especially at the price point.  But now I am sold.  I will have one.  The takeup was steady and light.  The break was crisp and clean.  No slop whatsoever.  My experience includes stock triggers and RRA 2-stage, as well as extensive experience with bolt guns.   I currently run a RRA 2-stage in my AR15.   I have to say the break on the Geissele rivals that of a well tuned bolt gun.  

What impressed me the most was the abillity to make very rapid follow-up shots, as seen in his video above.  Some of the credit has to go towards the overall setup of the shorty, but having compared this to a standard trigger or the RRA, it's a world of difference.  (As it better be!)  

I have a tuned RRA in my NM rifle, but it is getting harder and harder to keep $280 in my pocket with posts like yours.

I have to get some purpose built shooting glasses (Randolph or Decot), but after that I think I will have to get the Geissele.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:05:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a tuned RRA in my NM rifle, but it is getting harder and harder to keep $280 in my pocket with posts like yours.

I have to get some purpose built shooting glasses (Randolph or Decot), but after that I think I will have to get the Geissele.

A good pair of glasses is a must for the shorty  I had a peppered face after this session:

Rapid Fire Geissele video

And Another Video

Slow Fire

We used this:

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:58:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I picked up a Geissele a few months ago, and could not be happier.  It is in use in my MGI QCB.  I cannot add anything to the combat debate, as I am not qualified.

With that said, my primary goal was to get a quality match trigger for long range work.  My prior experience was with the Jard unit, and various factory triggers.  Addressing Bigbore's comments about installation, the Geissele was beyond simple.  Very easy to follow directions.  Lightyears ahead of the Jard.

The quality of the trigger appears to be beyond reproach.  Serial numbered parts, perfect fit, and a second stage that is a dream.  While I have limited experience with quality AR trriggers, I have enough years of shooting other firearms with good triggers at distant targets to know what works for accuracy.

The one item that I think that I can add to this debate has to do not with the number of rounds down range in assorted conditions, but rounds down range in assorted calibers.  I have many many 5.56, 458 and 22LR rounds over the trigger.  I was concerned that the recoil of the 458 might be problematic.  Not so far, with a few hundred rounds of full house loads.  No recoil induced doubling.  No signs of breakage.  Just the nice two stages.   With the 22LR, it goes bang every time with a non-modified Ciener and M-261.  That feature alone was worth a big part of the cost of the trigger.  This was a gamble on my part, as Bill had no experience with his trigger and 22's.  I cannot measure lock time, but it thumps the 22's rim with more than enough force to get the job done.  I am not worried about any primer issues in any caliber.  There is something very special about the accuracy and ease of firing a dedicated 22 LR AR with a great trigger.  With the 5.56, it has a lot of rounds through a 10.5 inch barrel and a 16 inch barrel.  No torture testing, classes.  Just plinking , a bit of accuray work, and a little big game hunting.

I'll let you folks with real combat considerations work out the limits of the Geisseles' usefullness.  In the mean time, I will continue to put my trigger through its slow paces.  With my QCB and single fire control group for most of my assorted calibers, I could not be happier.  To be completely frank, knowing now what I know about my applications and how well the trigger is working, I would have gladly paid much much more for the trigger.

Craig
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:24:57 PM EDT
[#13]
tagged
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:33:25 AM EDT
[#14]
tagged

I have 4 KAC triggers, one full auto with probably 8000 rounds of .223 and 20,000 of 22LR, so far no failures in that or the semi's, all were set up perfect from the factory and dropped right in, better than any of the other triggers I have tried and I have almost all of them.  None of the set screws have ever worked loose.  Because of this, I have doubt that I would forget all about these triggers or notice a "huge" improvement since they have been, well, perfect and unfailing for me.

However, I am always on the look and open to good or better gear.  The Geisselle looks interesting, I'll have to try one myself.

Question:  In the retail production unit that I will get will I have to tweak it and/or loctite the screws when I install it or does it come good to go like the KAC?  Sorry if this has already been answered.

When I have hit the same kind of round counts with the Geiselle, I'll swap my KAC unit back in and see what kind of difference I can feel, if the Geiselle makes it as far as my KAC's without failure, and if they ever needed adjustment.  I'll post the results.  It should take me a couple of summers to get there though.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:56:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:29:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Just a bump to see if there's any more range reports to be had.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:38:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:18:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I just $pent 900rds of the M855 ammo no one wants to buy from me.......

Sorry about that - Nothing personal -------money is  tight  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:37:41 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[Elmer Fudd]Whatcha want that shit fer....can't hunt deer with it[/Elmer Fudd]

Irritates the crap out me. I quit a range I really liked the layout of because of that bs. That and prohibiting the double tap, after letting me do it for 10 years.

Fine guess they didn't want our money.

That Geissele Trigger sounds nice for a competition gun. If I ever build another DCM rifle I'll have to take a look at them.

Thanks for taking the time to post the review - I wish site staff would post your reviews in the review section of this site. They are some of the best out there. Who can touch your Glock torture test.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:09:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:48:06 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That Geissele Trigger sounds nice for a competition gun.

Thats what I thought at first.  As time goes on, the Geissele will be known for it reliability/duraility.

There are many people who want KAC triggers, but cant find them for sale.  Those folks will end up buying a Geissele instead.

But doesn't this formula also apply

Reliability + Quality + Complexity - Skill = Unreliability.

I would think adjustable trigger skills are a requisite. I suppose that goes without saying.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:23:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:36:51 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Trigger works just fine with a 9mm upper
www.adcofirearms.com/junkpics/Eric9mm.jpg
video

Also, I've got at least 900rds through the trigger suppressed without cleaning. Its getting gunky, but still hasn't missed a beat.
www.adcofirearms.com/junkpics/triggerjunk.jpg

You guys suck.  Now look what you are going to make me do.....

"Hey Steve, tell us, does a 9mm setup work with a RRA NM trigger?"  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:00:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:21:09 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Hey Steve, tell us, does a 9mm setup work with a RRA NM trigger?"  

How about you try it and get back to us?  

Actually, you should have made a video of me trying to figure out how to get the 9mm apart after I put it on a lower with a RRA NM trigger.

I think that was my point
I will be building a 9mm SBR soon...
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:04:24 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That Geissele Trigger sounds nice for a competition gun.

Thats what I thought at first.  As time goes on, the Geissele will be known for it reliability/duraility.

There are many people who want KAC triggers, but cant find them for sale.  Those folks will end up buying a Geissele instead.

But doesn't this formula also apply

Reliability + Quality + Complexity - Skill = Unreliability.

I would think adjustable trigger skills are a requisite. I suppose that goes without saying.

I'm sorry, just what are "adjustable trigger skills"?

All that is needed to install and set up a Geissele trigger are the ability to use extremely basic hand tools (pin punches, small hammer, small allen wrenches) and the ability to read and follow clear, concise directions in English.

Once the trigger is set up, there it stays.  Like Ron Popeil says: JUST SET IT AND FORGET IT .

Seriously, I don't understand why some here overstate the complexity of adjustable or non-adjustable two stage triggers.  Two stage triggers have well over 100 years of use in military rifles.  The M16 should have had one from the get go, IMO.   That's one of Gene Stoner's major mistakes.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:44:25 AM EDT
[#27]
OMFG...now I remember why I dont spend much time on these boards anymore...Thanksgiving dinner with the in-laws once a year is enough for me

Way to turn a product review into a six page bitch-fest. Want some cheese to go with that whine? You all sound like a bunch of my fuckin privates...good job!

Thanks bigbore for the review
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:21:26 PM EDT
[#28]
I bought the Match Trigger.
MAN - I never knew an AR trigger could be like that.

It was a "little" touchy for me, so I emailed Geissele and found that I probably wanted the DMR Trigger.

For $5.00, two days later, and had the Service Trigger disconnector spring in hand today.

I pulled out the Match spring and swapped it with the Service spring, adjusted the trigger as per instructions and then set it the way I want it and went shooting.

Hot daymn!!

If you don't want to spend the $278 don't take up a friends offer to shoot their Geissele equipped AR15.  

I am impressed with the Geissele trigger and the Geissele level of customer service.
Count me as a satisfied customer.

And I bought it from BigBore.  

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:31:44 PM EDT
[#29]
I went shooting today with bigbore.  We tried his new Geissele single stage.  All I have to say is WOW!  Super sweet trigger.  Makes me wish I had that option when I upgraded my SBR...  It is soooo smooth and thus feels much crisper and lighter.  As it should be!  I still enjoy my match 2-stage as well...  

Also, here's some pics of my lower/2-Stage Match Geissele after 400 or so rounds of 9mm through a Gemtech Trinity can.  (Soon to be MINE! )  The setup was still running fine after all that.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:29:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:28:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Just to let yall know, I used mine with sim rounds and a sim barrel and it still ran without a problem, shot over 3000rds with it. If it can work with the low recoil of those I expect it can work with anything.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:56:12 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I went shooting today with bigbore.  We tried his new Geissele single stage.  All I have to say is WOW!  Super sweet trigger.  Makes me wish I had that option when I upgraded my SBR...  It is soooo smooth and thus feels much crisper and lighter.  As it should be!  

Details?!?

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:33:06 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I went shooting today with bigbore.  We tried his new Geissele single stage.  All I have to say is WOW!  Super sweet trigger.  Makes me wish I had that option when I upgraded my SBR...  It is soooo smooth and thus feels much crisper and lighter.  As it should be!  I still enjoy my match 2-stage as well...  

Also, here's some pics of my lower/2-Stage Match Geissele after 400 or so rounds of 9mm through a Gemtech Trinity can.  (Soon to be MINE! )  The setup was still running fine after all that.

img224.imageshack.us/img224/9531/dirtygun011au.jpg
img207.imageshack.us/img207/1561/dirtygun026xf.jpg

what ammo are you using in the 9mm? mine craps on itself all the time but looks much worse than yours with about the same amount of rounds through it.

for bigbore, i think im going to try this trigger out in my sbr but when will they be back in stock?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:25:40 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

img224.imageshack.us/img224/9531/dirtygun011au.jpg</a>
img207.imageshack.us/img207/1561/dirtygun026xf.jpg</a>

Send your weapon to me and I will clean it for you for free.  I cannot stand to see a dirty weapon.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:59:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Please don't give me alot of crap for this question...Any of you guys with the Gissele trigger have experience bump-firing with this trigger from the shoulder?  Alot of 2-stage triggers don't do this very well, but given the light pull weight and the adjustable sear engagement, it sounds like a burst or two shouldn't be a problem.

I like the precision of a light, crisp trigger AND like to have a little fun at the range from time to time
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:00:58 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Please don't give me alot of crap for this question...Any of you guys with the Gissele trigger have experience bump-firing with this trigger from the shoulder?  Alot of 2-stage triggers don't do this very well, but given the light pull weight and the adjustable sear engagement, it sounds like a burst or two shouldn't be a problem.

I like the precision of a light, crisp trigger AND like to have a little fun at the range from time to time

I was gonna comment, but alas I cannot for I'd be given you a lot of crap!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:43:37 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

With the Sim ammo I was able to make it bumpfire from the shoulder. But then again I played too much paintball when I was young so am pretty good at making semis bounce right . Also I probably wouldnt do this with real ammo as I like hitting stuff when I shoot ammo I paid for, so I dont know if it will work with real ammo.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:58:52 AM EDT
[#38]
tigger
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:37:21 PM EDT
[#39]
I was fortunate enough to fire the single stage Geisselle trigger this Sunday when Steve visited my gun club.  It's about 3 pounds-ish and extremely crisp. I no sooner thought about firing than it went bang. For a duty weapon I would definitely up the poundage, but love the crisp let off.

FWIW, I have a Geisselle two stage on a precision AR10 that Steve built for me. I love the trigger for that role.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:36:00 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img224.imageshack.us/img224/9531/dirtygun011au.jpg</a>
img207.imageshack.us/img207/1561/dirtygun026xf.jpg</a>

Send your weapon to me and I will clean it for you for free.  I cannot stand to see a dirty weapon.

Well gee that's mighty kind of you sir...  

We were using Rem. 147gr. FMJ that day...

I have EASILY bump fired with this 2-stage and the 9mm...  
Link Posted: 4/27/2006 10:46:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Dear Abby:

This is killing me.  More info...more info...

When will the single stage be out?

Will there be enough difference in price to wait?

OR

Should I go ahead and drop the $279 in ADCO's bucket and quit worrying about it?

ETA: I know...buy them both.
Link Posted: 4/27/2006 11:23:49 AM EDT
[#42]
3rd time to the range with Geissele's trigger...

Finest AR component you'll ever add to your rifle.  I've since forgotten about the price tag and concentrate solely now on this kick ass trigger.

Simply incredible.

3/4MOA all day long with Federal 77grain Gold through my GTS Recon barrel.
Link Posted: 4/27/2006 11:26:02 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
3rd time to the range with Geissele's trigger...

Finest AR component you'll ever add to your rifle.  I've since forgotten about the price tag and concentrate solely now on this kick ass trigger.

Simply incredible.

3/4MOA all day long with Federal 77grain Gold through my GTS Recon barrel.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/Hokie1850/Midlength1850a.jpg

nice rifle there hokie!

Link Posted: 4/27/2006 11:31:28 AM EDT
[#44]
tag for good info,

Mike
Link Posted: 4/27/2006 11:56:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Thanks a lot, Hokie.  I felt the hook set before I finished your reply.  Now...how am I going to get this past the wife...

ETA:  I just realized this was a 9mm thread.  Sorry for the hijack.
Link Posted: 4/27/2006 2:19:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Wolf,

The 'single stage' is more of a roll trigger rather than a conventional single stage.  It's the ticket for fast, combat type shooting.....definitely not for the slowly squeeze until it bangs shooter.

I will not have it avaliable in the Hi-Speed configuration but will be an option in a new trigger we will be releasing this year.

You can't go wrong with the Hi-Speed though.  Get your order in with Steve as there will be few available until late May/early June.  USMC PWS has taken everything I have and keep asking for more.

WHG

Link Posted: 4/27/2006 2:22:33 PM EDT
[#47]
That's an awsome rifle, Hokie.....reminds me of the weapons that HRT snipers used when they were flying around DC in my buddies helo looking for that DC sniper.
Link Posted: 4/27/2006 4:40:51 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Wolf,

The 'single stage' is more of a roll trigger rather than a conventional single stage.  It's the ticket for fast, combat type shooting.....definitely not for the slowly squeeze until it bangs shooter.

I will not have it avaliable in the Hi-Speed configuration but will be an option in a new trigger we will be releasing this year.

You can't go wrong with the Hi-Speed though.  Get your order in with Steve as there will be few available until late May/early June.  USMC PWS has taken everything I have and keep asking for more.

WHG

Ok.  I'm putting the money together now.  I noticed that ADCO is back ordered now so I've already waited too long.  The two stage is probably what I need but I was hoping for fewer moving parts, etc.  Thanks for the advice.  I'll be "brush" shooting and maybe some competition, if I can figure all the rules out.  I guess that the "service" version would be what I would be wanting (~4lbs on the front end and ~1lb on the second stage.

I'm putting together a lightweight that I've decided to call the "teeth of the coyote."  I hope my Cherokee friends can help me come up with the right words in their language.  I'll have it engraved on the receiver.  When I saw the video, the name just jumped into my mind.

ETA:  Tell the Marines to stay out of the trigger locker.
Link Posted: 4/27/2006 4:51:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/27/2006 5:41:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Listen to bigbore. I bought the sevice rifle trigger from him and its all the trigger you will ever need.
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top