Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 8
Link Posted: 10/31/2007 6:53:03 PM EDT
[#1]

1. In a "modular" type flattop carbine, what brand/model of BUIS would you prefer? ARMS, GG&G, Troy, YHM, LaRue?

TROY

2. How important are chrome lined barrels to you when purchasing an AR type rifle/carbine?

Very Important

3. We notice that just about every manufacturer/assembler of Carbines with 16" barrels uses a gas block with a bayonet lug, yet we understand that a bayonet cannot be used on a 16" barrel. Is the inclusion of this worthless bayonet lug important?

I want the lug, just because they banned them once.  Make a mid length gas 16" carbine and an M9 bayo will fit just fine.

4. What do you guys think of the ACE Skeleton stock and the ACE SOCOM stock? We are intending to include the skeleton on our Varmint model and the SOCOM on our "modular" model. What do you think?

I don't know anything about an ACE, but how about a Magpul stock?

I think it's great more gun companies are going to offer AR-15's.  No matter what configuration they end up in.

Link Posted: 11/1/2007 6:07:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I e-mailed you my points.

Hope to hear from you about them.

Forgot to mention, baynet lugs are what many demand, but will cut your rifles off from those of us blessed with living in BAN states. MSAR and their new mag design has done the same for thier product. Unless of course you are happy with a $2000 rifle and 10 rounders
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 6:33:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 7:29:08 AM EDT
[#4]
+1 on the no BUIS.  There are too many options out there for BUIS, and so many people will end up buying their own anyways, better to either a) make the BUIS an option on the site that you can add to the "package," or leave it off entirely, and leave it to the end user.  For example, a lot of people have suggested ARMS or Troy for the BUIS.  I have no interest in either.  Not to say that they're poor sights, I'm sure they're fantastic, but I don't use 'em, and don't have much interest in using them.  I personally would have said GG&G A2 sights, or KAC 300m.  The point is though, everyone will want a something different.

Same thing with the stocks.  I would say offer the option of buying the rifle without a stock, period.  Offer a milspec receiver extension tube (buffer tube), and the option of adding a standard M4 stock for $20 or so, if you don't feel that need your own stock.  This saves the consumer the trouble of having a million and a half spare parts that they need to either store, or go through the trouble of trying to sell off.  

Chrome lining is key, the only other option is SS barrels.  Also, as far as the bayonet lug is concerned, in addition to what everyone else has said, simply put, most FSB's come with bayonet lugs, regardless of where they're going.  They just do.  Trying to remove them would not only piss some people off, but just add an extra step in production for you guys, having to mill them off, get them refinished, ect.  

I don't know what your target audience is intended to be, nor what specifically you had in mind for your AR line but my suggestion would be to look at what the real big players offer, look at the various pinned pic threads here, and go one step better.  

Colt hasn't had any problems selling rifles, despite the fact that they don't sell any bells and whistles.  Only an easily customizable base model, for more than anyone else can get away with, but they use quality parts.  Get away from the idea of something like a "Bushmaster Modular Carbine," or one of the much much more specialized models out there that appeal to too limited of a consumer base.  

Build up a good selection for purchase, of quality aftermarket, offer BUIS from Troy, ARMS, GG&G, LaRue, ect; carry stocks like Magpuls, Vltors, and LMT's.  Offer them as options to your complete rifles, or without.  

I would say, if you're going for the high end crowd, make sure you get good barrels, 1/7, chrome lined.  And/or SS in 1/8.  Offer a mix of carbine, midlength, and rifle gas systems, and offer them with the corresponding LaRue or DD Omega rail.  Uppers with extended (M4) feedramps, and either an optional, or no BUIS.  Receivers only high quality forged parts.  Billet is a possibility as well for some specialized offerings.  Bolts should be of comparable quality, MPI'ed and tested, as LMT of BCM.  Special super duper bolts and carriers are a possibility as options, but don't forgo a good, solid, quality standard bolt, properly torqued and staked, as well.  Full auto profile.  Front sight bases should be "F" marked, or the same height (LMT does not mark theirs, but are the right height).  Lowers without too much weird writing or logoing on them, something small and tasteful.  Milspec receiver extension, forged, not extruded.  If you want to avoid some arguments, low shelf (DIAS compatible) lowers, use taper pins for the FSB, and park under the FSB.  Test fire from factory.  Ship with a PMag or two.  Maybe even the smoke ones when they come out.  Perhaps even MIAD basic kits for the pistol grip.

Basically, I think if you offer a good quality rifle, parts on par with Colt and LMT, but add in the option of not having to buy a stock and BUIS that you're going to replace anyways, and high quality FF rails that come standard, you will have a popular item.  Offer it in a 10.5" SBR, a 14.5" perm-pinned carbine, a 16" and 18" midlength, and a 20" rifle, with SS barrel options for the last two, and you'll have something that almost everyone can get behind for one reason or another, from a fighting/blasting carbine, to an accurate, SPR type designated marksman rifle.  Especially if you also make it an option to shave the FSB, for a low profile design, and have a longer length rail to cover it.

Just my two cents.  Worth what you paid for it.

~Augee
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 7:58:13 AM EDT
[#5]
1. Troy
2. yes-Chrome
3. yes-Bayonet Lug
4. No opinion
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 7:58:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Price range?  do you plan on undercutting Olympic Arms?
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 8:08:41 AM EDT
[#7]
1. In a "modular" type flattop carbine, what brand/model of BUIS would you prefer? ARMS, GG&G, Troy, YHM, LaRue?

Troy.  Although, you should consider a diopter type sight to set yourselves apart from the crowd.  The most important thing is that they work with your rifle without having to add risers, swap out sight posts, or having to hunt down a myriad of parts to make it work.

2. How important are chrome lined barrels to you when purchasing an AR type rifle/carbine?

Very Important.  People who want chrome lined bbl's won't buy a rifle without one, and those who don't care will buy one with a chrome lined bbl anyway.  Offer a stainless bbl for people that specifically don't want a chrome lined bbl.

3. We notice that just about every manufacturer/assembler of Carbines with 16" barrels uses a gas block with a bayonet lug, yet we understand that a bayonet cannot be used on a 16" barrel. Is the inclusion of this worthless bayonet lug important?

Leave it.  It doesn't get in the way, and it mimics the military style the AR is derived from.

4. What do you guys think of the ACE Skeleton stock and the ACE SOCOM stock? We are intending to include the skeleton on our Varmint model and the SOCOM on our "modular" model. What do you think?

I like the skeleton stock, although I think the A2 length is too long. It would be great if they made an A1 or slightly shorter version.  I don't have any experience with the SOCOM stock, so I don't have an opinion on that.
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 8:08:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
At the risk of being called a complete idiot, I am going to try something here...

My name is Michael Kassnar and I am the President of KBI, Inc., importers and distributors of Charles Daly shotguns, rifles, ammo, etc. Next week at the NASGW Show (an "invitation only" show for manufacturers, importers and wholesalers) in Reno, Nevada, Charles Daly will be announcing the formation of a new division within the company under the name of "Charles Daly Defense".

This new division will include products in 4 market segments; AR/M4 type rifles, tactical pump shotguns, a US made 1911 pistol and a few loads of buckshot and slugs.

Of most interest to those here will be 5 models of AR/M4 type rifles, manufactured to our specifications by a well known supplier/manufacturer of AR components here in the US. (We will be able to say more about this maker after the show.)

It is not our intention to be another assembly house with 2,000 different rifle configurations. What we will be attempting to do is offer 5 of the most popular configurations of AR/M4 type rifles and carbines, 100% Made in the US, with excellent quality, very competitive prices and a Lifetime guarantee. (Just what the world needs, another AR rifle!)

The purpose of this post is that we still have some time before the show to tweak the configurations that we will be offering. This may be a first! Actually asking the consumers of a product how they would like that product to be built!

So my questions here:

Well, these are just a few of my last minute questions. Changes can still be made so we are open to all your suggestions. The final configurations will be settled after the NASGW show and in time for production samples to be shown at the 2008 SHOT Show.

Feel free to suggest anything; tell us that we are crazy, whatever. We have pretty thick skins around here. Please do bear in mind that we are trying to maintain realistic prices on our final configurations. Of course we would like to include Mark LaRue's products on everthing we build, but if we do only some of you guys will be able to afford the final product.

Thanks for your input.

Michael Kassnar
President

KBI, Inc.

1.  I say put all 4 as an option for the buyer.  But if you have to stick to one, it would be the YHM for affordability and quality balance.

2.  Chrome is probably most popular.

3.  Keep the bayo lug, it pisses off the anti's.  Plus, many want a 'close as possible" replica of the military M4's.

4.  Never used them.  However, Magpul seems to be most popular.  I say go with the CTR since it's reasonably priced and around the same price as a M4 stock from some dealers.  Plus, it's a great stock.  I have one and don't know what I ever did without it b4.

Legion6, out.

ETA: Warranty work on the rifles?  A lot of companies sell, assemble rifles.  Is it limited or unlimited?  How long?  Many here are weary of rifle assemblers at best.  A unlimited lifetime warrenty would be a great selling point.
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 8:09:49 AM EDT
[#9]
1. No preference, but Troy seems to get the nod.

2. Chrome-Lined Barrels should be a standard, not an option. I personally will not buy any AR-15 without a Chrome-Lined barrel. The only other option should be stainless steel for an accuracy build.

3. A bayonet lug still needs to be on the rifle.

4. I think you would be better off using regular M4 stocks, and an option for Magpul CTR or a Vltor.

On another note: I do not know about what materials and parts you are going to use. However, you will get more sales by being close to the TDP. 4150 steel, MPI BCGs with proper staking, mil-spec buffer tubes, and the like really do sell more rifles. If you can make your rifles up to par with Colt, LMT, and BCM it will only help your sales.
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 8:20:52 AM EDT
[#10]
1. Knights BUIS

2. Chrome lined is a must for the tactical/battle rifles, Stainless steel for precision rigs.

3. Why not just make the barrels for your 16 a 14.5 with M4 profile and permanently attach a flash suppresor/compensator.

4. Dont care for the Ace, would rather see the LMT on the modular rig.
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 8:25:18 AM EDT
[#11]
1. Troy or A.R.M.S. buis or none to keep price down
2. chrome lined, 1x7 or 1x8 twist, 5.56 chamber; possibly 14.5 with perm. flash hider
3. F marked front sight post w/ bayo lug, railed gas block as an optics ready carbine
4. MagPul, LMT sopmod or Vltor stocks on mil-spec tube

And please no logo's on the reciever, I like to see deer head's on my wall, snakes under rocks in the yard, and panthers in the zoo; not on the rifle. Not that any of these manu. are crap but I just dont like big cheesy logo's simple is good. Something like CD Defense would make a nice roll mark.
As far as pistol grip, rails, sling mounts leave it to the consumer, you use one thing but somebody will want something completly different, Magpul winter trigger guard would be nice as a standard item. You are going to have keep cost down to get into an already flooded market.

Link Posted: 11/1/2007 8:33:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

ARMS

Ionly own one non-CL, and that's because I got it cheap. All my other AR's (5 of 'em) are chromed.

The bayonet lug is for looks only, but I have to see it to consider it "REAL".

4. What do you guys think of the ACE Skeleton stock and the ACE SOCOM stock?

I don't like either, and wouldn't buy a product with one. M4 style or CTR are what I prefer.

Feel free to suggest anything;

Get on the industry forum, contact arfcom management.
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 8:35:53 AM EDT
[#13]

And please no logo's on the reciever, I like to see deer head's on my wall, snakes under rocks in the yard, and panthers in the zoo; not on the rifle. Not that any of these manu. are crap but I just dont like big cheesy logo's simple is good.

Amen to that!  Keep it simple.  99% of the logos out there look incredibly stupid.  Put your name on it and no pictures.  Keeps it looking professional.
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 8:53:56 AM EDT
[#14]
"Buy a CD AR15 and get a CD Hi-Power 1/2 off combo package".
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 9:08:23 AM EDT
[#15]

1. Troy
2. I will only shot c/l for my duty rifles
3. I could care less if it has a bayonet lug
4. I'd rather see it offered with a Magpul CTR or UBR

Link Posted: 11/1/2007 9:12:58 AM EDT
[#16]

None.

Not Important.

No

Do not like them.
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 9:29:46 AM EDT
[#17]
1.  I have only used the LMT and it is rock solid

2.  Chrome is a must

3.  Do not care about a bayonet lug

4.  Have not used this stock, only M4 type and LMT SOCOM

Here is a link that may be of interest to you irt to demand for quality.  I am not suggesting off shore components, or insinuating that you would.  I just thought it was another source of information you would appreciate.

Taiwanese Parts

Thank you, I look forward to seeing your line.

R/
Mike
VA Beach
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 10:02:47 AM EDT
[#18]
you could put this on a bayonet lug, too.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=124&t=338311
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 10:57:41 AM EDT
[#19]
1.   -- no opinion

2. chrome-lined, for sure

3. Yes, bayonet lug

4. Use only mil-spec buffer tube, and  NO ACE skeleton stock.   My ACE skeleton stock was wobbly, not impressed at all (replaced with Colt M4 collapsible).     Magpul or VLTOR
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 11:04:14 AM EDT
[#20]
1.)Troy is the cool sight, but ARMS 40L will probably work with the widest variety of configs if you're only offering a few.  Many good ones to choose from.

2.)Chrome lined is a must.

3.)I'll decide if my gun needs a bayonet, so leave me the option.  It doesn't, BTW.

4.)Many people love the Magpul CTR, but nobody hates the Vltor EMOD.  EMOD will be closer to covering more uses than anything.  Many good ones to choose from.

Added thought...  Analisys Paralisys is something many buyers suffer from.  MFGs often offer base and full custom with little in between.  Part of S&Ws success in the AR market, besides the name, has been due to the sensible models they offer.  They don't offer a huge variety of configs, but they offer quality parts.

The M&P 15T is a gun with many features and no choices at a reasonable price.  If you choose a similar configuration, choose an improved butstock, but make sure you dont' skimp on the other parts.  Practical Tactical is the way to go.  You'll never solve everyones needs.  Make everything mil spec in size for interchangability.  I wouldn't even fool around with A2 uppers.  I'd start with an aftermarket flash hider, too.

Model A should be an A3 carbine.
Model B should be an A3 rifle.
Model C should be a modular carbine.
Model D should be a precision rifle.

Let someone else have the A2 market.

What about an M4 carbine with a LaRue 7" rail and LaRue BUIS, a Vltor EMOD, and a Smith Vortex for $1000 - $1100?

ETA Magpul trigger guard on all models.

Link Posted: 11/1/2007 11:18:08 AM EDT
[#21]
1. In a "modular" type flattop carbine, what brand/model of BUIS would you prefer? ARMS, GG&G, Troy, YHM, LaRue? Troy

2. How important are chrome lined barrels to you when purchasing an AR type rifle/carbine?Chrome lined 1/7 or 1/8 twist

3. We notice that just about every manufacturer/assembler of Carbines with 16" barrels uses a gas block with a bayonet lug, yet we understand that a bayonet cannot be used on a 16" barrel. Is the inclusion of this worthless bayonet lug important?The bayonet lug on 16" barrel is a moot point if it is a mid-length, which it should be.

4. What do you guys think of the ACE Skeleton stock and the ACE SOCOM stock? We are intending to include the skeleton on our Varmint model and the SOCOM on our "modular" model. What do you think?Poor choices now that the ban is over. The CTR or even a regular M4 stock is preferable for collapsible; I would like to see A1 or a Sully length stock for fixed applications.

Most of all good luck on your new venture!

96Ag
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 5:40:56 PM EDT
[#22]
^
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 5:58:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Ditto on the Troy, offer a 1 in 8" twist with a Wylde chamber and M4 ramps.
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 6:01:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Ditto on the Troy, offer a 1 in 8" twist with a Wylde chamber and 18" just because no one else does.
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 6:14:06 PM EDT
[#25]
1.  No input on the sights

2.  Chrome it

3.  Bayonet lugs on a non-military rifle are silly, as are those goofy machined grooves in some barrels.

4.  I don't like the ACE skeleton...  would much prefer GI quality A1 stock and butt plate.

Trigger quality is the heart of the rifle.... 4 pounds crisp.
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 6:29:31 PM EDT
[#26]
ARMS
Really not that important for me
Yes - bayonet lugs
Vltor clubfoot
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 6:36:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Lots of good feedback so far, so I'll add mine.

Flip up BUIS for magnafied optics = Troy, Fixed BUIS for EOThing/Aimpoint = LaRue

Chrome lined is a must. Speaking of barrels you need: 4150 or CMV steel to meet Mil-Spec, 5.56 chambers, 1:7 twist, M4 feed ramps, Gov't profile or midweight, no HBAR, 14.5" carbine gas and no M4 cut, 16" barrels get a middy gas system, F marked FSB's for flat top uppers, park under the FSB. If you are building a configuraon with a low pro gas block, dimple the barrel for the set screws and pin it.

Bayo lugs are really a non issue.

For stocks I'd look to MagPul or Vltor.

Use a M16 carriers, properly stake the gas key, correct extractor insert and spring, MP test the bolts, follow Bravo Company's lead here.
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 6:36:57 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

So my questions here:

-None, keep the cost down and let people chose for themselves.

-Very for a combat type firearm.

-Yes they are, because a few years ago the fed gov said they were evil.

-Craptastic, I will never own one and would never purchase a rifle with one.

Link Posted: 11/1/2007 6:42:28 PM EDT
[#29]
1.ARMS (40L)

2.Chrome, definately.  Note: You could differentiate yourself with a midlength gas system and bring it more mainstream, then question three is not a problem because the standard bayonet will fit it.

3.Keep the lug. Functionally important or not, it was once banned and people are raw from that still, and many, many want it for that reason alone. Make it fully functional with a midlength gas system.

4. Vltor or Magpul USGI diameter extension.

Best wishes in your venture!
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 6:45:43 PM EDT
[#30]
1 Troy
2 Chrome-lined
3 Bayo Lug
4 MagPul UBR
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 6:53:13 PM EDT
[#31]
I have 9 AR's and will be in the market for one of your's

I suggest:  Y H BUIS, they are really a secondary thing, it is much better to make certain the rails are mil spec.  Optial sights is what every one will use.
2 Chrome lined are a necessity, withouf them you may as well not open your line.
3. A 1/7 rifling or a 1/8 at the worst.  Like it or not the M262 is whereammo is going. I spoke to Nosler and they will re-introduce the 77 grain cannelured round soon.
4. The ACE SOCOM is the sweetest stock made.  I have a Crane original on my Arms Tech USR.

Next, look at a Vortec flashhider.  The bayo lug is perfect for sticking a flashlight on, but I have one of the new bayos on one of mine and it works quite fine.  It is the older bayonet that is useless on the 16 inch barrel.
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 7:01:59 PM EDT
[#32]
You gonna ask 1911 advice in the 1911 forum??  You'd get a lot of interest there I think.  Charles Daly pistols do not have the highest reputation for quality and reliability.  At least, from what I can tell.  Maybe this new venture can change that.
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 7:20:21 PM EDT
[#33]
1.LaRue or Troy, but an integrated one would be nice

2.  just chrome line them.  they are longer lasting and the accuracy isn't changed to the point where it will make an extreme impact.  This isn't going to be a long distance sniper gun, its a .223

3.  bayo is there for other reasons!  we want to piss off all the commie liberal democrat hippies!

4.  not a fan of the ace stock.  kinda weak looking, the foam will wear off.  look at magpul products
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 7:29:22 PM EDT
[#34]
height=8
Quoted:
You gonna ask 1911 advice in the 1911 forum??  You'd get a lot of interest there I think.  Charles Daly pistols do not have the highest reputation for quality and reliability.  At least, from what I can tell.  Maybe this new venture can change that.

I wasn't going to let the cat out of the bag quite yet, but since you guys have been so forthcoming with your comments/suggestions/criticisms, and the aforementioned NASGW show is less than a week away, I guess now is a good a time as any.

At the NASGW show, Charles Daly will be introducing it's new USA made line of 1911 A-1 pistols. No more Philippine production for us!

After the show we will be contacting management here to participate fully in the Industry Forum, 1911 Forum and AR Forum.
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 7:36:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Fantastic!  I will buy one if they are made in the USA...Shoot, I'll even pay more for it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 7:37:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Troy, chrome lined and midlength with or without the bayonet lug would be awesome.

Please use a 1/7 or 1/8 barrel!
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 7:45:49 PM EDT
[#37]
I forgot to mention, use a .223 Wylde chamber for SS match guns and a true 5.56mm NATO chamber for chrome lined barrels.

I've seen a lot more people here whine about extraction problems than accuracy problems.
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 7:49:19 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
At the risk of being called a complete idiot, I am going to try something here...

My name is Michael Kassnar and I am the President of KBI, Inc., importers and distributors of Charles Daly shotguns, rifles, ammo, etc. Next week at the NASGW Show (an "invitation only" show for manufacturers, importers and wholesalers) in Reno, Nevada, Charles Daly will be announcing the formation of a new division within the company under the name of "Charles Daly Defense".

This new division will include products in 4 market segments; AR/M4 type rifles, tactical pump shotguns, a US made 1911 pistol and a few loads of buckshot and slugs.

Of most interest to those here will be 5 models of AR/M4 type rifles, manufactured to our specifications by a well known supplier/manufacturer of AR components here in the US. (We will be able to say more about this maker after the show.)

It is not our intention to be another assembly house with 2,000 different rifle configurations. What we will be attempting to do is offer 5 of the most popular configurations of AR/M4 type rifles and carbines, 100% Made in the US, with excellent quality, very competitive prices and a Lifetime guarantee. (Just what the world needs, another AR rifle!)

The purpose of this post is that we still have some time before the show to tweak the configurations that we will be offering. This may be a first! Actually asking the consumers of a product how they would like that product to be built!

So my questions here:

Well, these are just a few of my last minute questions. Changes can still be made so we are open to all your suggestions. The final configurations will be settled after the NASGW show and in time for production samples to be shown at the 2008 SHOT Show.

Feel free to suggest anything; tell us that we are crazy, whatever. We have pretty thick skins around here. Please do bear in mind that we are trying to maintain realistic prices on our final configurations. Of course we would like to include Mark LaRue's products on everthing we build, but if we do only some of you guys will be able to afford the final product.

Thanks for your input.

Michael Kassnar
President

KBI, Inc.

1) dont know
2) chrome or stainless i prefer ,chrome is popular here,, stainless i have bought more often..
3) that lug might hold other accessories , maybe a bipod, which i would like..
4)skeleton I like with the pad,but not wild about it,, also the adj. skel. that ive seen looks good..
Curved butt plate stock feels good, like DPMS came out with..

Can you look at an AR shot gun design in 12 ga
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 7:58:59 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Larue for fixed, GG&G MAD for fold down.

As opposed to what?  Unlined carbon steel is unacceptable for a defense rifle.  Stainless, chrome lined and nitrided all seem to be good barrels or bore treatments.

That would be for a 16" barrel with a carbine gas system which you shouldn't even be considering.  Midlength gas for a 16" barrel for functional reasons, as a bonus the bayo lug will work for both bayonets and also accessory light mounts.

They suck.  For a fixed stock a plain A1 or A2 stock is fine, for a telestock put a Magpul CTR on there.

Feel free to suggest anything;
1:8 twist barrels as standard, and no inane government or m4 profile barrels; go with lightweight or straight midweight profiles for the "tactical" rifles.  Quality, shot peened or alternate/high spec steel bolts.

tell us that we are crazy,
Ok, you're crazy  while you're at it how about a GOOD functional hi cap 1911, polymer frame, light rail, larger trigger guard and affordable mags.  Now that's crazy.
whatever. We have pretty thick skins around here. Please do bear in mind that we are trying to maintain realistic prices on our final configurations. Of course we would like to include Mark LaRue's products on everthing we build, but if we do only some of you guys will be able to afford the final product.

Thanks for your input.

Michael Kassnar
President

KBI, Inc.
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 8:00:40 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wasn't going to let the cat out of the bag quite yet, but since you guys have been so forthcoming with your comments/suggestions/criticisms, and the aforementioned NASGW show is less than a week away, I guess now is a good a time as any.

At the NASGW show, Charles Daly will be introducing it's new USA made line of 1911 A-1 pistols. No more Philippine production for us!

After the show we will be contacting management here to participate fully in the Industry Forum, 1911 Forum and AR Forum.

If these ARs are forged mil-spec, I'll buy it the moment it's available.  I like supporting new products when they're of high quality.

If you're making a USA made 1911, put me down for one of those too (two)!  Put a rail on it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 8:15:21 PM EDT
[#41]
My .02 is that you should offer both a high end option with the priceier BUIS such as a Troy on the "professional's model" and the YHM sights on the " basic defender model"

chrome lined or SS

gotta offer the bayo lug both ways as it touches a nerve with many of us and some of us don't have the choice

In the Varmint model a stock with some range of adjustability would be warranted and in the modular model I think a milspec tube 6 or 4 position stock should be the minimum with the CTR on up as options

just remember some of us are just working class schlubs and not world class operators and don't forget sometimes we get to buy a rifle or two also.
Link Posted: 11/2/2007 5:41:04 AM EDT
[#42]
I have the ACE SOCOM stock on one of my rifles.  I like that its stable but it does add, in my opinion a lot of weight.
Link Posted: 11/2/2007 6:04:17 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will be interested to see what you guys are thinking of making.  Configurations and what extra's you put into them and of course, the quality.  But a USA made 1911 is a very good idea.
Link Posted: 11/2/2007 6:37:00 AM EDT
[#44]
So my questions here:

None.  Leave the choice to the consumer so you can maintain your price point.  If anything, include a co-marketing promo coupon/certificate/code for a specific BUIS manufacturer with purchase of rifle.

No chrome is a deal breaker.  Also must be 1/7.

Leave the lug alone.  It ain't hurting anybody, and it make the Hillary cry.

Again, find a functional, durable stock that fits within the price point.  Don't get hung up on it.  Balance consumer wants with their ability to pay for it, AND lean purchasing from the perspective of the manufacturer (you.)    

Feel free to suggest anything; tell us that we are crazy, whatever.

Fine, you're crazy.

Link Posted: 11/2/2007 7:48:24 AM EDT
[#45]
There are a lot of good comments here but here's mine.

1. No BUIS, LaRue and Troy options.

2. Chrome lined, 1/7 with option for 1/8 and SS precision barrels.

3. Bayonet lug standard except no lug for states with their own AWB law.

4. I have a M4 SOCOM stock and don't like it much, too heavy, maybe just a M4 stock standard and Vltor/ Magpul as options.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/2/2007 8:00:39 AM EDT
[#46]
You may make a nice weapon.But I will only buy COLT stuff.
Link Posted: 11/2/2007 8:02:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/2/2007 8:16:41 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
So my questions here:

None.  If you must put something on there, YHM.

Chromed lined, 1/7 or 1/8 twist, WYLDE or 5.56 chamber.

Don't use it, don't care... but if it pisses of the grabbers, leave it.

Magpul CTR or UBR.  Never liked the ACE fixed stocks.

Link Posted: 11/2/2007 8:39:17 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

IMPORTANT

MAGPUL

for  your 16"   guns use  a  MID-Length gas system  !!

+1   on 5.56   or Wylde chambers

my   $ .02
Link Posted: 11/2/2007 8:41:42 AM EDT
[#50]
I just can't get past the "Charles Daly" name.Whats wrong with me?
Page / 8
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top