BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:15:04 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
The enclosed release lever is quite possibly one of the best ideas I've seen on a collapsible stock.

You don't even know how right you are about that until you've tried to shoot a Beowulf off of sandbags.  Lets just say that using a rear bag with a M4 stock is not a good idea
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:22:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Very nice stock! They will have the collapsable, and precision markets covered. But is there going to be a fixed fullsize battle rifle type stock done the Magpul way as well? I certainly hope so because that last niche is a big one.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:59:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Awsome!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:09:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:13:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey Rich,

Someone on another forum suggested you incorporate battery storage into the lower strut, with access through the toe of the stock. That way you'd add storage without adding bulk. I don't know if that's possible or not, but it sounded good at the time.....

One of the initial designs had something like that but it would have required another long slide in the mold (expensive and slows production) and another for the cap which would have added about $40 retail to the total cost of the stock.

We also flet it took away from the simplicity of the CRT stock's design.

Thats what I like to hear
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:21:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:29:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:35:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Rich,

Awesome as always!!!!   Looking forward to pics of the UBR.  Have fun at SHOT.....I'll be in the process of moving and getting hanging out at the alter

Have fun at SHOT!!!

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:36:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The M93 an excellant stock... too bad it is going to die.

I bought 2 of them to have when they run out.  This replacement is no different than the others that do not provide a good cheekweld.

Please read the first post carefully there will be TWO stocks released . The UBR is the direct replacement for the M93. We only have a concept sketches right now and it will look a lot different, so I do not want to post pictures yet.

Can you tell us anything else about it?  How will it be different/same from the M93B?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:40:36 PM EDT
[#10]
tag for more on the CTR
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:48:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The M93 an excellant stock... too bad it is going to die.

I bought 2 of them to have when they run out.  This replacement is no different than the others that do not provide a good cheekweld.

Please read the first post carefully there will be TWO stocks released . The UBR is the direct replacement for the M93. We only have a concept sketches right now and it will look a lot different, so I do not want to post pictures yet.

Well thats a good thing!... So Will It be Modular Rich? I still havent even upgraded mine to the the "B" version. Knowing myself... you will have it sold to me once i see pics! his

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/AmericanSniper/CASV-EL2.jpg
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:09:33 PM EDT
[#12]
So, have you had any bearded testers try this stock out for hair pulling?

Looks pretty good and I look forward to seeing what else you have up your sleeve.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Tag for the only collapsible stock I've ever considered buying.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:48:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Rich, will the OD and CB come out the same time as the black ones? and what shade of brown will it be?

Will stock sets with buffer tubes be offered as well?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:49:58 AM EDT
[#15]
tag
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:20:23 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The CTR takes over the slide on, no mods, .mil market, and the UBR the rest.

ONE RING Two stocks to rule them all, ONE RING two stocks to bind them ...

People are going to be coveting their preproduction CTR & UBR stocks like Gollum.

The Precious, the precious, it will be mine...
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:06:34 AM EDT
[#17]
First thing I noticed was that there will be a version for the non mil-spec buffer tubes.

Are the non mil-spec buffer tubes the same size? I ended up buying a Oly-Arms Kit, and would love to replace the stock with a Mag-pul
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:20:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Tag
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:05:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Non-milspec tubes are slightly larger in diamter, otherwise there's no sense distinguishing milspec and non-milspec extensions lol.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:00:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Tag.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:59:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Greetings,

Rich, I hope you guys make a locked open version of this also available. I live in NJ, which does not allow collapsible stocks for some reason, but this thing has me drooling ^O^

I just picked up a Bushmaster M4 and I'm still trying to find a stock that agrees with me ^_^

Bushmasterguy what kind of set up is that on your M4? I've never seen a rail system like that...though it kind of looks like the ones Colt had on the M5 protypes I've seen on the net.

j
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:35:42 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The battery compartment idea is about done to death. Between VFG/ Pistol grip/ stock, how many batteries do people need?  

If there is that large of a demand for battery storage on a stock, I hope it comes as an optional piece or add on.  

I have no doubt that Lancelot is correct in the idea that many people now feel a battery compartment is their birthright, and expect it on everything, but I really don't see it as imperative.

Just the same, I need the M93 stock to mount my Tactical Humidore.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:17:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Magpul...you guys rock!

I'm giddy with excited to see the M93 replacement...yes sir giddy as a school girl.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:32:11 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
... Bushmasterguy what kind of set up is that on your M4? I've never seen a rail system like that...though it kind of looks like the ones Colt had on the M5 protypes I've seen on the net.

j

VLTOR CAS_V?

I know it's a VLTOR...but not sure if the designation is correct.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:34:21 AM EDT
[#25]
sweet... tagged
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:36:19 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
VLTOR CAS_V?

I know it's a VLTOR...but not sure if the designation is correct.

Sweet, never had seen one of these before except on the Colt M5 prototypes

Didn't know they were available for sale on the civilian market ^_^

j
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:40:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Check this thread on the EE

They are some damned nice handguards...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:50:37 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Also, not sure if this has been brought up, but will You guys ever be making a "modular" Vertical Forward Grip... In green of course!

The MIAD can be adapted for use as a VFG, no?
Mine came with a front strap that filled in the slot for it to go on a rifle.
I believe it can be used as a replacement for the other pistol grip type VFGs.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:50:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Any chance MagPul is also working on some handguards that break the mold as well?

Quoted:
Check this thread on the EE

They are some damned nice handguards...

Making AR's look more and more like Vera...

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:33:59 AM EDT
[#30]
I like it better than some of the other after market stocks I have seen in the past.

I have yet to break a regular ribbed stock (although I did hear of one soldier in my BDE breaking theirs across hodge's face).

Until I see a real need to spend more on future stocks or replace the ones I have, I will use the standard ribbed.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:18:29 PM EDT
[#31]
I dont know if this has been asked or answered for already, but will there be a "trade-in" of M93s to the new stock option?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:02:39 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Greetings,

Rich, I hope you guys make a locked open version of this also available. I live in NJ, which does not allow collapsible stocks for some reason, but this thing has me drooling ^O^

j

Rich,

BIG +1 here for all of us dedicated ARFcommers stuck in AWB States!

Will
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:48:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:00:02 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
So, have you had any bearded testers try this stock out for hair pulling?

Looks pretty good and I look forward to seeing what else you have up your sleeve.

WIZZO

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:21:27 PM EDT
[#35]
tag
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:36:29 PM EDT
[#36]
sooo tag..looks good.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:59:26 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Also, not sure if this has been brought up, but will You guys ever be making a "modular" Vertical Forward Grip... In green of course!

You Know... I was wondering what the "wierd" front strap  was for and thought  "it wont in any way work with any AR-15, possibly as a VG". Question is, how makes a good quality VG Adaptor?

Quoted:

Bushmasterguy what kind of set up is that on your M4? I've never seen a rail system like that...though it kind of looks like the ones Colt had on the M5 protypes I've seen on the net.

Wish I saw your post sooner, i've been spending alot of time with the "pistol-whores" of arfcom ... Yep, as others have said, its a VLTOR. I love it! Its Solid, Free-Floating, Easy to take apart, accepts the 203 and its modular, so you can place the rails where you want them. The Downside is the fact its better suited for a VG (its a beefy system, but i prefer a VG anyways.) and the PRI Sight Barely closes down (but still closes). Also, the DD Flashlight Mount I have is useless, unless i swapped to a pressure pad (I doubt I will), So i'll  just get myself a new mount.

Back to the issue of the new stocks, I still need to build a SPR setup due to the last stock (PRS) they made, and now these!
Dammit Rich, Make us a Tactical RAS type rail so I'll have to sell the VLTOR like I did my Surefire M73

Nathan
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:42:42 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes. As I understand it, the extra front strap is for use with the ARMS #23.
www.armsmounts.com/catalog.php?action=124&item_id=28

Ir you don't want the built in trigger guard, and aren't going to use the ARMS #23, you can buy the basic grip kit, not the full grip kit.

I'm running MIADs on my working guns, with the stand alone MagPul trigger guard. I have tried and like the built in guard on the MIAD, but just like the stand alone better because I like the smooth front strap on the MIAD.... ala A1 as opposed to the A2 finger bump.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:53:18 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
You made some typos, I've fixed them for you below:

Quoted:

UBeR – Universal Beowulf eeew Rifle Stock

This stock will have a simple, mechanical recoil management system (primarly used for big-bore AR applications).

Fixed it for you.

Dave S
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:12:01 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You Know... I was wondering what the "wierd" front strap  was for and thought  "it wont in any way work with any AR-15, possibly as a VG". Question is, how makes a good quality VG Adaptor?

Quoted:

Wish I saw your post sooner, i've been spending alot of time with the "pistol-whores" of arfcom ... Yep, as others have said, its a VLTOR. I love it! Its Solid, Free-Floating, Easy to take apart, accepts the 203 and its modular, so you can place the rails where you want them. The Downside is the fact its better suited for a VG (its a beefy system, but i prefer a VG anyways.) and the PRI Sight Barely closes down (but still closes). Also, the DD Flashlight Mount I have is useless, unless i swapped to a pressure pad (I doubt I will), So i'll  just get myself a new mount.

i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/AmericanSniper/CASV-EL1.jpg

Back to the issue of the new stocks, I still need to build a SPR setup due to the last stock (PRS) they made, and now these!
Dammit Rich, Make us a Tactical RAS type rail so I'll have to sell the VLTOR like I did my Surefire M73

Nathan

Hey Bushmaster,

Did you need to do any modifications to the gun to attach the CASV or can the basic Joe install it him self. I see that you have the PRI sighttower, did you have to remove the gas block to install the CASV? I thought it was a drop-on until? Either way, it looks like a nice set-up and it does resemble the Colt M5.

Sorry Rich, now back to the current topic.

wp
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:22:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Whaaaaat? I just dropped $70 on a RRA collpapsible w/o buffer and spring. You're telling me I could have one of these on my rifle for $15 - $20 more in about 3 seconds? I was worried my GG&G Sling Thing QD being worthless now, but it looks like the QD swivel will mount there? SWEET!!!

(Hey MagPul, someone NEEDS to make an HK style loop QD swivel. )

As long as the QD location doesn't interfere with the lever.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:03:46 AM EDT
[#42]
I went to the Vltor site and rodered one today in OD ^_^

http://www.vltor.com/manuals_casv_el.html has an installation guide

Sounds pretty straight forward.

My vanilla Bushmaster M4 is getting the royal treatment this month lol

Rails, optics, and now this stock. Up next, probably a KAC two stage trigger and a bolt release extension

j
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:09:55 AM EDT
[#43]
How hard is it to start a Vltor thread and leave this on topic?

Rich-  Any drawings or updates on the UBR stock?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:13:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Wacky Peacock, Just Check Your IM's dude.

Nathan
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:19:38 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey Rich,

Someone on another forum suggested you incorporate battery storage into the lower strut, with access through the toe of the stock. That way you'd add storage without adding bulk. I don't know if that's possible or not, but it sounded good at the time.....

One of the initial designs had something like that but it would have required another long slide in the mold (expensive and slows production) and another for the cap which would have added about $40 retail to the total cost of the stock.

We also flet it took away from the simplicity of the CRT stock's design.

That's a shame.  I would have gladly paid an extra $40 for that feature.  I don't run a VFG and my pistol grip holds a bolt.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:22:11 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
As far as battery compartments, why you would want to add weight to your rifle at all is beyond me.  

I think Magpul is missing out by not including it.  People like you would never notice the tube since they never use it, and people who do want it would have the space they want/need.  This design is also begging for it since the compartment would now be centered and you wouldn't have to worry about off-center storage affecting the balance.

As to storing batteries in pockets, I personally like having them with the gun all the time, not lost in some tac-vest pocket back at the house.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:23:02 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I went to the Vltor site and rodered one today in OD ^_^

http://www.vltor.com/manuals_casv_el.html has an installation guide

Sounds pretty straight forward.

My vanilla Bushmaster M4 is getting the royal treatment this month lol

Rails, optics, and now this stock. Up next, probably a KAC two stage trigger and a bolt release extension

j

Cool... now get us some pics on a new topic once you have it installed!

Nathan
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:44:36 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

That's a shame.  I would have gladly paid an extra $40 for that feature.  I don't run a VFG and my pistol grip holds a bolt.

You might have, but I wouldn't.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:47:08 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You might have, but I wouldn't.

It'd be nice if they could do both.

Being that I work with concrete and steel for a living and not plastic I have no idea if this is feasible or not.

ETA:
I guess I could always put a battery on either side of the down-tube and hold 'em in place with some duct tape.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:50:19 AM EDT
[#50]
rich's designs are impressive i own 2 of the stocks and 2 of the grips. i will never go back to regular style stocks again

thanks for the great products rich!

+1000 on customer service too
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top