Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:27:22 AM EDT
[#1]
What's with the holes/honeycomb pattern on the santoprene buttpad?  Does it serve some specific purpose or is it just for weight reduction?  Thanks,
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:07:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:15:25 PM EDT
[#3]
That's a slick locking mechanism you got there.

I'm interested in getting one for my future lightweight CAR build project.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:19:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Here is a short video showing the lock mech is action.

ctr function video (windows media)

So the lever on the inside of the stock is like you typical Car stock lever, and the larger one on the outside is the lock?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:33:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm just curious... what prompted this as a replacement for the M93? The M93 seemed to be a pretty well liked stock from what I've seen of them around here.

Why not produce both?

Personally, going off the pictures, I'd rather have this new one. I'm just wondering of the guys who have the M93 or were considering it, will they run out and replace them with this?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:41:45 PM EDT
[#6]
The CTR isn't really a M93 replacment , thats the UBR.

My understanding is the M93 is hard and expensive to make.

And they wanted to apply some of the lesons learned from the PRS to make a M93 replacment
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:43:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Psssst... you spelled "lever" wrong.

How well do you suppose these would handle clearance drills? On plastic M4 stocks, the metal plunger can sometimes severly deform the plastic, causing wobble.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:44:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:52:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:55:30 PM EDT
[#10]
That looks like a fantastic stock Richard. The locking mechanism is pure genius. I love my M93s but I'll interested to see what the UBR is like. My favorite feature on the M93 is the LOP presets.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:23:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Rich-

Let me get this straight, you made a lock for a lock, right? What's the main reason for that design? Is it for those that experience a problem with the conventional stock, by accidently bumping the latch, causing it to unlatch?

Please teach me oh stock Guru!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:28:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Rich-

Let me get this straight, you made a lock for a lock, right? What's the main reason for that design? Is it for those that experience a problem with the conventional stock, by accidently bumping the latch, causing it to unlatch?

yeah to prevent unintentional stock adjestment
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:33:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rich-

yeah to prevent unintentional stock adjestment

It seems to me that it's there to take the wobble out.
The first lock pins it into the hole like any other.
the second lock secures the stock to the buffer tube.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:34:39 PM EDT
[#14]
How will the optional recoil pad attach?

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:45:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:46:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:00:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Did Tapco come up with this?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:03:22 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Dood!  Schweet!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:06:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:13:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Wow, that's pretty Clever!

You just went one step further then Vltor. The main reason I bought the club foot Vltor stock was for the 'butterfly" latch. Like your stock, you can't accidently bump it and it doesn't have a snag issue. You just added a secondary latch.

I look forward in checking out CTR, when avaliable.

Thanks,

wp
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:25:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Infinite adjustment, better cheek-stock weld, streamlined and with minimal bulk make that pretty close to perfection from what I can see.  Making one that will fit the non-spec tubes will go a long way towards the crowd that is unable or unwilling to change their buffer tubes.

No question, Its a winner.

No shit.  I'll take one.   I'll take a proto-type.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:27:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Will any dealers have this or will we have to order from the website. Can't wait to get my hands on one
-sigadvantage-
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:40:59 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
rich's designs are impressive i own 2 of the stocks and 2 of the grips. i will never go back to regular style stocks again

thanks for the great products rich!

+1000 on customer service too

Your not the only one
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:44:18 PM EDT
[#24]
That collapsable stock is cool!

Will it be more sturdy than a run of the mill milspec one?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:44:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Hey Rich, I found you some competition, NOT!!!

This is DPMS's new abortion. I don't think you have a worry in the world.

You can see it in Tactical Response magazine.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:52:30 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:02:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Glee...Glee....SHOT Show......
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:14:19 AM EDT
[#28]
tag
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:22:32 AM EDT
[#29]
I understand you need  mi-spec buffer tube stock to offer in this market, but you really let me and I'm sure others down.  I've bought multiple magpuls awaiting the 'upgrades' such as those pictured in the manual...

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:24:35 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:26:13 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I understand you need  mi-spec buffer tube stock to offer in this market, but you really let me and I'm sure others down.  I've bought multiple magpuls awaiting the 'upgrades' such as those pictured in the manual...

No he didn't. If you want the stuff in the M93 manual, that's the other stock, the 93 replacement, due out next. This is a new and different stock.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:28:28 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No he didn't. If you want the stuff in the M93 manual, that's the other stock, the 93 replacement, due out next. This is a new and different stock.

so the new additions won't be compatible with the present stocks?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:47:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Can we Pre-Order a ProtoType Now?
For $95 bucks, I'll be first
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:54:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:02:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:18:07 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

i23.photobucket.com/albums/b382/krommetall/stock.jpg

Looks like something Samco would make.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:20:17 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The M93 is life limited due to it's design not being made for production. If we have to rebuild the molds for production, why not start with a clean sheet of paper and build from what we have learned from the M93.

This will also lead to more UBRs in service and therefore more accessories being released. Right now many of the M93 accessories (M203 tail) will never be made because there is just not enough market base to support them.

Now if you have an M93 we will be giving you a great deal to the UBR upon it's release. I wish I could show you pictures the concept but things are just too fluid at the moment. In any case the UBR will do everything the M93 does only better. Actually it does lose one minor feature over the M93 but gains a big one in return. In ant case I think you will like the end result.

If you cannot share pics can you at least tell us what feature is being deleted and what feature is being added?  Is it losing the presets to gain adjustable comb, somethign else?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:42:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:50:10 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The M93 is life limited due to it's design not being made for production. If we have to rebuild the molds for production, why not start with a clean sheet of paper and build from what we have learned from the M93.

This will also lead to more UBRs in service and therefore more accessories being released. Right now many of the M93 accessories (M203 tail) will never be made because there is just not enough market base to support them.

Now if you have an M93 we will be giving you a great deal to the UBR upon it's release. I wish I could show you pictures the concept but things are just too fluid at the moment. In any case the UBR will do everything the M93 does only better. Actually it does lose one minor feature over the M93 but gains a big one in return. In ant case I think you will like the end result.

I have NO DOUBT you guys will make your present customers happy, you always have.  There isn't a magpul product that doesn't amaze me ('cept for the mag bmuper pads that seem to 'do' nothing.  those I don't get ).  

But I DO hate to see all these stocks advertised as 'modular', like yours and vltors, when clearly (after how many years for vltor?) there were never any other modules planned.  (ETA: planned by them....  You guys clealry had plans for some great ones)
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:51:27 AM EDT
[#40]
and as long as you get rid of the ratchet piece that bites into my thumb when closed, I'll GLADLY buy new ones to replace my 93's!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:28:33 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i23.photobucket.com/albums/b382/krommetall/stock.jpg

Looks like something Samco would make.

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking.

Rich, I have a question. The "surface texture" of the prototypes always looks kind of rough... obviously not shiny and pretty like the production versions. Is it the same material or is it some kind of rapid-prototyping resin material?

I kind of think the rough, non-shiny is almost just as cool looking. Makes it more subdued, and therefore uber-tactical.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:23:31 AM EDT
[#42]
When will the Magpul stock be availible? need one today...
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:45:14 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
When will the Magpul stock be availible? need one today...

You're joking right? Have you read through this thread? The release date if totally TBD right now.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:02:48 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Rich, I have a question. The "surface texture" of the prototypes always looks kind of rough... obviously not shiny and pretty like the production versions. Is it the same material or is it some kind of rapid-prototyping resin material?

Quoted:
I took the prototype which is made of a Nylon base material and it weighed 4.9 ounces without the butt pad. I would imagine the real Nylon will be heavier so say around 6-7 ounces (rough guess)

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:37:04 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Shame on you.  I guess you don't know what Magpul has done for the AR15 and you don't understand what good people Rich and his guys are...

I formed a quick opinion of you from "that other thread" and now I'm convinced of what I originally thought.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:39:27 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
How hard is it to start a Vltor thread and leave this on topic?

Rich-  Any drawings or updates on the UBR stock?

classy...
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:52:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Rich -

First off, awesome looking design.

Secondly, I understand the need to move past the M93B onto something better, but will anything "new" for the M93B ever be released?  For example, on your website, there is a picture of a clip-on cheek piece for the M93, and ever since I saw that picture I have wanted one.  Any plans for this, or other small parts, to be released (and I understand about the M203 tail as that targets a very small group of consumers).

Sorry for the slight topic change!

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:53:45 PM EDT
[#48]
What I'm wondering, is if the UBR will be lighter or heavier than the M93.  Can't wait to see what they come up with.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:05:38 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How hard is it to start a Vltor thread and leave this on topic?

Rich-  Any drawings or updates on the UBR stock?

classy...

The people who want to talk about Vltor should take it to another thread as opposed to throwing in into this one.  I don't see that as hard to understand.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:10:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Whoops.

That was supposed to be a +1 and I was thinking I'd put the "classy" in the offender's quotation but I got really lost along the way...
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top