Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:12:45 PM EDT
[#1]
hot damn
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:09:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I may have missed this, but when will the CTR stocks be available to LEO's who are not able to attend the SHOT Show?  Since any upgrades come out of our own pocket (and my wife is an Accountant) the CTR stock would be a great upgrade from a regular CAR style stock.

Thanks,
Ken
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:03:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:33:47 AM EDT
[#4]
How close will the new 93B replacement resemble the 93B? I like the styling of it, and am holding off on my purchase until I see the new one. I don't want a collapsible that looks like the standard ones, and I don't care for the SOCOM styles.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:40:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Very nice looking stock.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:46:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:39:19 PM EDT
[#7]
OK ... pretty sure I read all the posts ...

Will the CTR work on both mil-spec and non-milspec tubes?  Also how about colors?  I need an OD Green for a build ...

EDIT:  LOL .. nevermind ... it says you will have two versions right in the blueprints ....  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:43:17 PM EDT
[#8]
It's all a conspiracy, isn't it? A conspiracy to empty my bank account.

I really, really like that stock. It's perfect for my 11.5" SBR.

And at $95, affordable too.

Thanks again, Magpul. You guys must never sleep!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Rich, any updates on the CRT?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:08:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Let me just take a moment to say THANK YOU for producing a stock that offers a better cheek weld than the regular M4 ribbed stock, but WITHOUT all the battery compartments and attach/detach doodads that I don't need or want and the accompanying $150+ price tag!!

I know some folks say "I'd pay an extra $50 for that", but dammit, if you want one, there are already a couple available in the $150 - $200 price range that offer this feature, yet currently NONE with a decent cheek weld for under $100...  Can I just have ONE???

Looking forward to it.  Thanks again
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:43:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I need a stock for a new build......really wanting one of these in brown/tan. Any idea on availability for these?

I'd be more than happy to T&E for a while.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:56:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey Rich, I found you some competition, NOT!!!

i23.photobucket.com/albums/b382/krommetall/stock.jpg

This is DPMS's new abortion. I don't think you have a worry in the world.

You can see it in Tactical Response magazine.

img230.imageshack.us/img230/9677/stock7vl.jpg

No knock on the look of the new Magpul design, but I don't think this new DPMS is an "abortion" at all.

In fact, it could be a winner.

Seems we will have a few new options and that is a good thing.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:12:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I have to admit, that stock is definitely sexy. I like the fact that you can use any type of AR Buffer tube (Colt, Bushy, DPMS, CMT...) and the locking mechanism is quite a cool feature.

However, I like the M93 far more; so much, that I decided to add one to my AR build...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/Sablelieger/Others/DSC03364.jpg
I simple love the overal design and 8 positions I can adjust my new M93B. hing(I noticed the screw mounts on the back of my M93B, so I guess the pad is in the works, right?)
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:56:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
One thing that would be nice to add to the M93B would be a rubber pad that can be screwed on.
(I noticed the screw mounts on the back of my M93B, so I guess the pad is in the works, right?)

Unfortunately, I think the planned rubber pad will never see the light of day but don't quote me on that. The last time I spoke with Richard, he was looking for a sub-contractor to make them but that was months ago. With the advent of the CTR and UBR and demise of the M-93, I don't think we're going to get rubber stock pads and my shotgun's M-93 really, really needs one!

I just tried calling him and got his voice mail but I will try again tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:58:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I have to admit, that stock is definitely sexy. I like the fact that you can use any type of AR Buffer tube (Colt, Bushy, DPMS, CMT...) and the locking mechanism is quite a cool feature.

However, I like the M93 far more; so much, that I decided to add one to my AR build...

i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/Sablelieger/Others/DSC03364.jpg
I simple love the overal design and 8 positions I can adjust my new M93B.

You like it far more than what?  The M93 replacement/ UBR hasn't been shown yet, so what are you basing your comment on?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:09:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Hey Rich, I found you some competition, NOT!!!

This is DPMS's new abortion. I don't think you have a worry in the world.

You can see it in Tactical Response magazine.

If BATMAN had an AR15, that would be it's stock!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:04:43 AM EDT
[#17]

One thing that would be nice to add to the M93B would be a rubber pad that can be screwed on.
(I noticed the screw mounts on the back of my M93B, so I guess the pad is in the works, right?)

No more M93B stocks. So I would suppose there is nothing in the works for it either since they are now out of production.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:08:11 AM EDT
[#18]
When will these be for sale?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:55:33 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

That information is covered in the very first post of this thread.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:04:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Wow....

Just when you think AR's have reached their Zenith...companies like Larue and Magpul one up...themselves.

Tag.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:06:29 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That information is covered in the very first post of this thread.

End of April. Thanks.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:56:01 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

You like it far more than what?  The M93 replacement/ UBR hasn't been shown yet, so what are you basing your comment on?

Well, I like it more than anything else I've seen or tested so far (ACE, VLTOR, CRANE); Maybe I'll change my mind once I check and test the UBR.

But until then, I stand on my premise.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:36:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
.....Unfortunately, I think the planned rubber pad will never see the light of day but don't quote me on that. The last time I spoke with Richard, he was looking for a sub-contractor to make them but that was months ago. With the advent of the CTR and UBR and demise of the M-93, I don't think we're going to get rubber stock pads and my shotgun's M-93 really, really needs one!

I just tried calling him and got his voice mail but I will try again tomorrow.

Matt...

I am thinking about using a 1/4" thick neoprene mouse pad for an M93 pad. I'll post something if the idea gets off the ground...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:45:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Matt...I am thinking about using a 1/4" thick neoprene mouse pad for an M93 pad. I'll post something if the idea gets off the ground...

Excellent idea. I will keep a lookout for the post.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:37:51 PM EDT
[#25]
The CTR look schweet......I need one three....

Color options?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:41:23 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, I like it more than anything else I've seen or tested so far (ACE, VLTOR, CRANE); Maybe I'll change my mind once I check and test the UBR.

But until then, I stand on my premise.

That makes a little more sense.  Your original comment seemed to be talking about the stock pictured in  this thread.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:48:57 AM EDT
[#27]
CTR video

Some of you may have seen this on the new follower thread.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:32:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Taggidy-tag!  Got to have a CTR!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:26:51 AM EDT
[#29]
While I think that it serves it's purpose well, I'm not sure that the 93 isn't better in some aspects.  However if you have a rifle that you can't change the buffer tube, but can change the stock, then this might be up your alley, or if you want a light weight build with a better stock.  I just love the way the 93 feels, and for my ultimate AR I am glad that I got ahold of one before they were defunkt.  I'll probably buy a buffertube and one of these for my next build (ultra light basic carbine).
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:46:00 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
While I think that it serves it's purpose well, I'm not sure that the 93 isn't better in some aspects.

Did you read the part that says the picture shown is not the replacement for the 93 series?  

If you have first hand knowledge of the UBR, which is the M93 replacement, I'm very interested to hear what you dislike about it.  The picture shown is of the CTR, which is not the same.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:55:07 AM EDT
[#31]
This is true, I just love the 93, except for 1 thing.  The lock release lever is painful when fully closed (and I can't use it fully closed...so that doesn't matter RE: long arms).  If I am correct, they said that it won't have the ratchet ability (part of the reason I bought the 93).  

I'm not knocking magpul.  I love their stuff.  I think that their continued evolution of their products is a good thing.  Everything they brought out has been exceptional.  I have their 93, Miad, and some followers and am impressed by each one.  I plan to use their CTR on my next build, I guess I just hate to see the 93 go.  And I don't have firsthand knowledge of the new stock to replace the 93 (not smartastical, just attempting to answer all the questions posed).
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:55:28 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm not going to go into to many details here about the UBR as it is still in development, however I will say this; I can understand why so many people are sad to see the M93 series go, it's a top notch product.  Don't expect anything less with the UBR.  The bottom line is that the UBR is going to be a more refined stock.   We are sticking to the Magpul tradition of "constant improvement".  We learn from past products and improve on them.  The UBR will surpass the M93 in many ways.  The mockups are very pratical, yet tactical and have the same unique, innovative look as most of the Magpul line.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#33]
May have to put a PRS on the tactical I'm starting till I can see the UBR..  Will need the PRS for next rifle anway..

John
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:14:51 PM EDT
[#34]
If you offer it in OD I will will buy one for sure.  That locking mechinism sure is
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:16:59 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I'm not going to go into to many details here about the UBR as it is still in development, however I will say this; I can understand why so many people are sad to see the M93 series go, it's a top notch product.  Don't expect anything less with the UBR.  The bottom line is that the UBR is going to be a more refined stock.   We are sticking to the Magpul tradition of "constant improvement".  We learn from past products and improve on them.  The UBR will surpass the M93 in many ways.  The mockups are very pratical, yet tactical and have the same unique, innovative look as most of the Magpul line.

Awsome! I will be picking up one of these for my SBR build
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:56:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Flat dark earth, OD and black as usual.

Quoted:
If you offer it in OD I will will buy one for sure.  That locking mechinism sure is

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:56:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Wow, very nice.

Do you guys cut your own molds in house or sub it out?  It seems that molds are so expensive, keep up the good work!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:20:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Count me in the "disappointed the MSS never came about" club. I bought the M93 specifically because of the promise of multiple stocks becoming available for it. I hope it isn't too late to get a QD sling point for my M93...  I have a feeling it is though.  

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:34:33 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Count me in the "disappointed the MSS never came about" club. I bought the M93 specifically because of the promise of multiple stocks becoming available for it. I hope it isn't too late to get a QD sling point for my M93...  I have a feeling it is though.  

I am sad it never happened too...however this new stock looks incredible, and I can't wait to get one for my M4gery.  I also expect nothing less than AWESOME from the M93 replacement (even though I wish it used the same buffer tube-as the M93).
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:08:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Is the CTR stock going to be available soon after Shot Show? I'm ready for one now.

HS
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:36:38 AM EDT
[#41]
I feel like now I have to go out and buy an M93 series stock because they wont be around anymore ... sad to see the "Transformer stock" going away, even though I know it's replacement will kick ass...

- rem
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:39:40 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I feel like now I have to go out and buy an M93 series stock because they wont be around anymore ... sad to see the "Transformer stock" going away, even though I know it's replacement will kick ass...

- rem

Who has that "robot leg" animation?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:39:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:10:51 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

- rem

Who has that "robot leg" animation?

We do on our servers. It was made by our lead designer as an inside joke but we thought it best to share.

www.magpul.com/gun_robot_large3.gif

That is such a great animation!  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:46:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:26:37 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If Magpul does not have them, we do. I still have a few M93B stocks left in Coyote and ODG. I also have a few QD sling mounts and standard single point sling mounts (HK type are sold out)

We hope to have CTR stocks soon after the SHOT show.

www.TalonArms.com

You mean you have the QD mount that goes on the butt end of the stock, correct? Not the single point QD that mounts at the tube/receiver end.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:16:45 PM EDT
[#47]
ttttaggggg
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:16:52 PM EDT
[#48]
tag
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:52:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Is the buffer tube on the new one plastic with cheek weld like the M93 or round metal one like all others?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:12:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top