Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/22/2004 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#1]
so these grips are now up for sale?   What comes with the kits offered on the website?

I just might have to pick up a kit and extra plug for it if they are indeed available to us joe smoe's now :D
Link Posted: 12/22/2004 2:06:28 PM EDT
[#2]
not as much as what was included in pre order.

its all listed on there web site whats included

I think all 4 frontstraps and all 3 back straps and the 3 round core. anything else you have to tack on.

this was a really good deal.
Link Posted: 12/22/2004 4:59:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/22/2004 5:41:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Will call.

Was Just feeling a bit left out.

Kind of like when I delt with Stone on some shirts they had taken over a month to respond to a email after I order 200 worth of stuff. I was cancel the order I had to find subs for the gifts I was going to give out.

Untill Stone every company i always delt with online has always gotten back to me in less than 3 days, 90% of them that same day.
Link Posted: 12/23/2004 1:53:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Will call.

Was Just feeling a bit left out.

Kind of like when I delt with Stone on some shirts they had taken over a month to respond to a email after I order 200 worth of stuff. I was cancel the order I had to find subs for the gifts I was going to give out.

Untill Stone every company i always delt with online has always gotten back to me in less than 3 days, 90% of them that same day.

People are probably misunderstanding you is all.  In your typing, you seem to skip certain words that are important to the statement and might cause confusion.  I don't mean to offend...

Link Posted: 12/23/2004 4:06:04 PM EDT
[#6]
NEED A SPARE TRIGGER GUARD SCREW?

I just ordered 2 boxes of them; Email me your address and quantity (don't ask for a hundred)  and I'll send it via US mail as soon as I get them (probabaly after the first of the year).  Figure there's a few folks out there looking for a spare.  My X-Mas present to the board.

M590man
Link Posted: 12/23/2004 5:25:03 PM EDT
[#7]
That can verry well be true. I see things that are not there.

I did call  persone I had to deal with was out of the office. I never had the time to call today. I had a motor blow (10hp 3 phase) that i need to be working over the weekend. money maker comes first.
Link Posted: 12/23/2004 5:54:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Should I buy a kit now? Or wait for the final production models?  What would you do?
Link Posted: 12/23/2004 8:45:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Im using the beavertail backstrap and have eliminated the "gap" between the main grip body and backstrap. Will post photos later (as in when I can figure it out)
Link Posted: 12/26/2004 12:27:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Other than the top of the backstrap not being flush with the lower like the Fobus G27 and the gap at the top where the backstrap and grip meet, there is nothing to complain about right now.  Here is mine:

Link Posted: 12/27/2004 6:30:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
p.s. still watting on  one order. I recived order no. 2055, but have yet to recive order no.  2048
all grips were the same color black, any ideas where it is?

We will be cleaing up any mess up on the pre orders in the next week or so. If you have any problems/questions call or email us and we will fix the issue.

Damned sure cleaned MINE up!  

I ordered one grip back on Sept 15th and it finally showed up today... Am I mad that it took so long, when everybody else here has had their toys for a week plus???

Hell no!  I called Rich last Friday and he said he was sorry it had taken so long, but he remembered mailing mine out the day before.  What he didn't tell me was that I'd be getting a box with FOUR grips in it!  

Hell, I wouldn't have bitched "only" getting the two-fer-one deal I was expecting!  THANK YOU RICH!  YOU'VE MADE ME A VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER.

Truly above and beyond.

Link Posted: 12/28/2004 7:13:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Forgot to post that I got mine.  I have been using the Ergo grip for the last several years and have gotten very accustomed to its feel.  The Magpul at first felt strange (rather hard) but it's growing on me rapidly.  Despite the fact that it is heresy, I have one mounted along with an ACE SOCOM stock, and it makes for a very nice package.

Now, I was looking for some other stuff and remembered I needed something to put on the version that takes "skateboard tape".  Recall I like the feel of the ERGO, I stumbled across this stuff

EGrip Sticky Grip Stuff

Now, you can get this in small sheets, it is not cheap, but as DaveS would say d-d-d-d-d-damn, it feels good, and it is st-t-t-t-t-t-icky and then some.  No way will your hand slip off.  Me thinks this will be on my grip ....

Did I mention that I REALLY like this grip and the fact that it is modular?  Superb product, love it!
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 9:54:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Triggerfish

What combination of sights, regular and optic and carry handle are you using on that 9mm?
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 2:02:56 PM EDT
[#14]
has anyone installed one of these of a lauer lower, I think I may run into the same problem as some with a PWA, I had that problem on my old PWA and now I just tried to install a TD grip and it buggered it up fixed it and went with an A2 grip I am going to try one of these and see if it works out for me.
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 5:01:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Are these grips shipping now? i placed an order and it seems like they should be shipping within 72 hours, but im not positive.

Anyone know what the deal is with the availability of these grips ?
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 7:44:33 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Are these grips shipping now? i placed an order and it seems like they should be shipping within 72 hours, but im not positive.

Anyone know what the deal is with the availability of these grips ?

They're available.  I ordered a set online from Magpul about a week ago for a friend.  They arrived pretty quick.  I've got them here now, pretty nice.  I am probably going to order a set for myself soon.
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 8:23:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Awsome, got a new rifle coming in and cant wait to get these on there. Thanks for the replies !
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 8:32:01 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Triggerfish

What combination of sights, regular and optic and carry handle are you using on that 9mm?

Front end: KAC R.I.S., Tango Down VFG, and Surefire X200 light
Flattop: Colt/C-more Tactical sight
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 8:33:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 8:38:17 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
for those interested we have a lot in stock.
all are the full kits (with trigger guard)
and all 3 colors

k9dpd,
here is a pic of the MIAD on the PWA lower (my personal lower)

img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/bravocompanyusa/MIADinstalled.jpg

thanks!

That grip is looking better and better all the time.
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 9:38:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Is the trigger guard that comes with the big MIAD grip kit the same one that you can buy seperately? is it aluminum also? It seems to be molded with the front piece.
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 9:47:01 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Is the trigger guard that comes with the big MIAD grip kit the same one that you can buy seperately? is it aluminum also? It seems to be molded with the front piece.

Nope, not the same.  The aluminum trigger guard is a seperate piece that can be used with other grips.  The MIAD trigger guard is plastic and is molded together with a front piece, that has to be used with the MIAD grip only.

As of now I have both in my possession.  If you are getting the MIAD grip, you don't need the aluminum trigger guard.  The only way I would use the aluminum trigger guard is if there is some other grip that you want to use, other than the MIAD.

You can buy the basic MIAD grip kit and use the aluminum trigger guard though.  I haven't decided if this is actually worthwhile or not.
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 9:51:43 AM EDT
[#23]
It's plastic, the same as the frontstrap.

Aluminum TG is pictured below the grips
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 9:58:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Thanks for replies, and pic
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 10:02:43 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
It's plastic, the same as the frontstrap.

www.pointblankindoorrange.com/images/miad.jpg

Aluminum TG is pictured below the grips

PBIR,

How do you like the grips with the addition of the 3M tape?  
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 10:47:14 AM EDT
[#26]

PBIR,

I have to say I am very pleased with them. The pre-textured were too smooth for me personally. I anticipate the tape will work great out in the field. Might be able to give you a report in a few months.
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 10:58:24 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

PBIR,

I have to say I am very pleased with them. The pre-textured were too smooth for me personally. I anticipate the tape will work great out in the field. Might be able to give you a report in a few months.

Thanks.  Let me know how they work out.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 7:15:26 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

PBIR,

Thanks.  Let me know how they work out.  

I tried a couple of grips with a 3m tape that is sort of a textured rubber, instead of the sandpaper type "skateboard tape" stuff.  Didn't like it... feels like the tape would eventually peel at the edges and/or try to slide around in hot Texas summer heat.  So, I'm going to try a little hand stippling with a woodburning tool.  I've seen that done on Glock grips and it works GREAT, so I don't see why it wouldn't work on these.  

Probably kinda time-consuming, but it would HAVE to be a better end result than either the factory texturing or the 3m tape.

Other than the surface finish on these, they're waaaaaay better than any other grips I've used, so the rest is just icing on the cake anyway.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 7:43:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 8:11:42 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

What is hand stippling ?  I have never heard of that.

thanks in advance.

Here's a photo of a Hi-Power with the back strap hand stippled.

They use different shaped metal punches to produce a pattern.  It slightly raises the metal to provide a gripping surface.  Never thought of it, but using a woodburning tool on plastic would have the same effect.

I think this was the forerunner to metal checkering.  It is also used where the metal is too thin to checker, so they stipple it... which is not as deep.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 9:26:15 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
here is a pic of the MIAD on the PWA lower (my personal lower)

img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/bravocompanyusa/MIADinstalled.jpg

thanks!

Did you have to do any fitting to get it to fit your PWA? I tried it on two different PWA lowers (very old and more recent) and it didn't fit right on either -- gap between the front of the grip and the triggerguard. I had to elongate the screw hole and use a washer to prevent fore/aft movement. I'm very pleased with the grip now, but curious if you experienced the same with your PWA.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 9:29:05 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
If you are getting the MIAD grip, you don't need the aluminum trigger guard.

Unless you prefer to do away with the finger-groove bump on the frontstrap. I never liked those so I wanted to use the flat frontstrap. I definitely wanted the new triggerguard though so I used the aluminum one.

I LOVE HAVING OPTIONS!
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 9:40:37 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you are getting the MIAD grip, you don't need the aluminum trigger guard.

Unless you prefer to do away with the finger-groove bump on the frontstrap. I never liked those so I wanted to use the flat frontstrap. I definitely wanted the new triggerguard though so I used the aluminum one.

I LOVE HAVING OPTIONS!

I Forgot about that, you're right.  If you want the trigger guard with the MIAD grip, you get the finger-groove bump.  Only way to get rid of the bump is to use the aluminum trigger guard, or a bench grinder.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 4:32:57 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
NEED A SPARE TRIGGER GUARD SCREW?

I just ordered 2 boxes of them; Email me your address and quantity (don't ask for a hundred)  and I'll send it via US mail as soon as I get them (probabaly after the first of the year).  Figure there's a few folks out there looking for a spare.  My X-Mas present to the board.

M590man

UPDATE:

The screws I ordered came in today but upon opening the package I found that they sent me regular screws instead of set screws!  I called and asked for replacements only to find out that they are out of stock and won't have any more fore a month.  Frustrated, I hit Google and managed to find another distributor that supposedly has them in stock but doesn't have an option for on-line ordering.  I will call them first thing tomorrow to try to verify stock and place an order.  

Sorry about the delay to all who have requested screws; I am still planning to send these out as soon as I get them.

M590man
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 5:28:42 AM EDT
[#35]
2ND UPDATE:

Was able to place an order for 100 screws which should arrive the latter part of next week.  Will mail them out as soon as I get them!

If anyone else needs/wants an extra trigger guard screw email me your address and I'll mail it out to you once I have them in hand.

Thanks to everyone for their patience!

M590man
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 2:31:10 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

What is hand stippling ?  I have never heard of that.

thanks in advance.

The way I saw it done on the Glock was where the guy just took the pointy tip of a woodburning tool and just sort of poked it dot-dot-dot style all over the grip.  The effect was sort of like a bunch of little tiny shallow craters on the surface of the grip, so that it was pretty rough, but not hard on the hands.  Viewed from a few feet away, it just looked like a very flat matte finish.  The Hi-Power shown above looks more like shallow "scoops" taken out of the surface.

This stippled Glock grip felt like it stuck to the hand as well as checkering, but not as harsh...  Kinda hard to explain, but it felt really good!

Link Posted: 1/4/2005 4:15:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 4:15:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:06:14 PM EDT
[#39]
SPARE SCREW UPDATE #3!!!

Screws arrived today!!!    I will mail them out tomorrow to all of the folks that have emailed me so far.

If anyone else needs a spare for either their aluminum trigger guard or for the built-in front strap trigger guard one let me know; I'll keep sending them out until I run out or interest runs out!!!

M590man
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 9:45:37 PM EDT
[#40]
You are the man!
Link Posted: 1/15/2005 6:57:54 PM EDT
[#41]
SCREWS SENT!!!

Screws have been sent to all those who emailed me their address; please IM or email me when you get them.

If anyone else needs an extra screw, send me your address and I'll mail one 'em out.

Have about 60 left.

M590man
Link Posted: 1/28/2005 6:39:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Love my MIAD. Absolutely the best feeling and complete grip out there. The flexibility for guys whose business it is to go in harm's way is outstanding.

Tip-o-the-Hat!
Link Posted: 1/28/2005 6:51:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/28/2005 8:17:15 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
SCREWS SENT!!!

Screws have been sent to all those who emailed me their address; please IM or email me when you get them.

If anyone else needs an extra screw, send me your address and I'll mail one 'em out.

Have about 60 left.

M590man

I got my screw as well.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/28/2005 12:17:31 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
SPARE SCREW UPDATE #3!!!

Screws arrived today!!!    I will mail them out tomorrow to all of the folks that have emailed me so far.

If anyone else needs a spare for either their aluminum trigger guard or for the built-in front strap trigger guard one let me know; I'll keep sending them out until I run out or interest runs out!!!

M590man

Got mine & they worked like a charm. Thanks again!

Link Posted: 1/28/2005 3:13:29 PM EDT
[#46]
I would like the integral trigger guard to be available with A1 style front strap.  Any reason this was not offered?
Link Posted: 1/28/2005 3:26:00 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I would like the integral trigger guard to be available with A1 style front strap.  Any reason this was not offered?

They do have a front strap insert that is not notched. Is that what you mean? Mine came with 3 frontstraps: a VFG strap, and nothed strap, and an unnotched strap. See F1 in th epics?

Be more specific when you say A1?
Link Posted: 1/28/2005 4:32:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Hmm.
Link Posted: 1/28/2005 10:56:41 PM EDT
[#49]
he was saying that if you wanted to use the built in triggerguard, you had only one choice- f4.  

to not have to have an a2 bump, he'd have to use the aluminum guard and f1.
Link Posted: 1/29/2005 3:16:01 AM EDT
[#50]
RahJoe. Makes sense now: I shoulda RTFI.
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top