BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/9/2008 5:55:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I talked to Troy on the phone and the lady said Troy has plans to make this in a mid-length but couldn't give me a date.
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 3:23:19 PM EDT
[#2]
The Mid DIs are in guys.  You have to call Troy to get them.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b230/40rdmag/DSCF1296.jpg

The mid length drop in rails use a little arm that is adjusted by a screw on the front of the rail that mounts up against the barrel to make it extra solid in place.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b230/40rdmag/DSCF1297.jpg

Link Posted: 11/11/2008 9:52:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Hi,

I have a couple questions i was hoping someone would be able to help me with.

First
i was just wondering would the Troy MRF-DI handguard fit on my Bushmaster A3 Superlight Carbine?????

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j230/metalslaved/BushmasterA3SuperlightCarbinewhatig.jpg

CARBINE LINK:  http://www.bushmaster.com/catalog_xm15_BCWA3F16SL.asp

The Troy MRF-DI handguard says it has a 7" drop in. I meassured my handguard and it reads 6 5/8" (below)  -give or take a bit-  http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j230/metalslaved/Bushyhandguard.jpg

Thanks in advance,
5FM
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 10:45:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The mid length drop in rails use a little arm that is adjusted by a screw on the front of the rail that mounts up against the barrel to make it extra solid in place.

Can post a pic of the little arm thing?
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 8:01:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hi,

I have a couple questions i was hoping someone would be able to help me with.

First
i was just wondering would the Troy MRF-DI handguard fit on my Bushmaster A3 Superlight Carbine?????

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j230/metalslaved/BushmasterA3SuperlightCarbinewhatig.jpg

CARBINE LINK:  http://www.bushmaster.com/catalog_xm15_BCWA3F16SL.asp

The Troy MRF-DI handguard says it has a 7" drop in. I meassured my handguard and it reads 6 5/8" (below)  -give or take a bit-  http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j230/metalslaved/Bushyhandguard.jpg

Thanks in advance,
5FM

YES
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 8:02:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What do these run?

Link Posted: 11/23/2008 12:08:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do these run?

...and do you have a weight on them?
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 2:51:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do these run?

...and do you have a weight on them?

THIS

depending on the weight and cost I think my lightweight KISS build might evolve into decidedly un-KISS
Link Posted: 11/24/2008 9:58:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Is stability on these dependent on the front handgaurd cap?

mine is wobbly so the RIS was useless....

Link Posted: 11/25/2008 1:05:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is stability on these dependent on the front handgaurd cap?

mine is wobbly so the RIS was useless....

I'm not sure - the handguards obviously drop in like regular ones, but the lock up tight to each other.  They do push against the hanguard cap, though, so that might make them wobble.

Link Posted: 12/5/2008 6:17:24 AM EDT
[#11]
A newbie here.  Thinking of getting this handguard for my BM M4A3 carbine.

1 - is the 7" the correct one?  I assume so since I have a carbine, am I correct?

2 - What type of sling mount fits the handguard?  Reading the posts there is some mention of a hole for mounting a sling swivel, what type?

Thanks for your help!
Link Posted: 12/5/2008 7:59:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A newbie here.  Thinking of getting this handguard for my BM M4A3 carbine.

1 - is the 7" the correct one?  I assume so since I have a carbine, am I correct?

2 - What type of sling mount fits the handguard?  Reading the posts there is some mention of a hole for mounting a sling swivel, what type?

Thanks for your help!

Yes, you need the 7" model. The only thing you need is a push button QD swivel. Troy has them on their site for $14.
Link Posted: 12/5/2008 11:08:35 PM EDT
[#13]
just sent a pair back to P.K. yesterday, alot of wobble on 3 rifles i tried,never have had any issues with TROY products until these.got a dd lite from them insted,sweet! I guess you get what ya pay for.hope that helps
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#14]
I ordered these along with a folding rear sight on 11/18  Nothing other than an e-mail saying they got my order.  Nothing to indicate the parts were/are on Back Order in the confirmation E-mail.

I called and only got an answering machine... I left a message as instructed but have not heard back from them.  It has been quite a while since I called.   They have not called back and still nothing in my PO Box or on my door step.

Is Troy closed?  I ordered directly from Troy as they are only an hour and 1/2 away from me.    I expected my items a lot sooner.

I just sent them an e-mail since my phone message apparently got lost .. or slipped through the cracks.  Is this typical of  Troy?  What is there usual turnaround  Days weeks months?

Do they have member here I can PM?

Thanks...

John

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 4:30:53 PM EDT
[#15]
You must be calling at odd hours. I've called them several times and they have always answered.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 6:42:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
just sent a pair back to P.K. yesterday, alot of wobble on 3 rifles i tried,never have had any issues with TROY products until these.got a dd lite from them insted,sweet! I guess you get what ya pay for.hope that helps

To bad, I've never had an issue with the 2 I have.  One set has been on 7 carbines in the past year.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 7:14:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

To bad, I've never had an issue with the 2 I have.  One set has been on 7 carbines in the past year.

That doesn't seem right at all. From what I can tell they are one of the most solid non FF rails out there. Are you sure they were on properly and there weren't any parts missing?
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 7:51:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You must be calling at odd hours. I've called them several times and they have always answered.

Thanks for the reply.  I will try calling them again on Monday... A little busy as my Mom died last week and the phone has been going crazy.  Needless to say I have a ton of things to do for that.   The Troy items are the last components for my build.  

I put my Timiny  drop in trigger assembly in today, and test fired my Silencer using my adapter YHM put on for me Friday.  They indexed it for their 308 suppressor.   I am pleased ... the system works out well, and is hearing safe.  

The Cyclone sounds a little different than when on my 308, but not much different.  I actually don't mind the extra length of the 308 Comp/Flash Suppressor over the A2 birdcage. I think I will get better performance with the YHM.

The Troy items are the last things; a rear folding iron sight and the MRF-DI grips.  Then I can mount my vertical grip and offset light holder.

I even got my cases of ammo in.  

The guy at YHM was very nice.  While we were talking I had told him my Mom passed away that morning.  Then later that day when I went to pick up my AR I asked him how much I owed him he handed me my rifle and said "Sorry about your Mom ... don't worry about it .. no charge"  I was touched.

Now I will think of her when I shoot it.  LOL ... Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.  ;)

Hopefully Troy can get me my stuff ASAP  I want my Dad to see it when I go to visit. It will help take his mind off of things.  I know he wants to try it with the silencer on it.  He has always loved firearms.  My Mom gave him a pistol for their first anniversary!

Update: Called again 12/8  "Should go out today or tomorrow"
Link Posted: 12/7/2008 12:20:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Placed order for 7" to go on my BM M4 through Bravo Co.  Can't waite to get it in and try one out.
Link Posted: 12/8/2008 4:56:24 AM EDT
[#20]
I've been waiting for the midlength drop-in rails to become available, last step for my build then I can add all my accessories, does anyone happen to know the price as of yet for the midlength offhand? I'm trying to build this on the sly from the wife and she's always checking phone records the result from an expensive FAL build, I got caught building.
Link Posted: 12/8/2008 6:28:18 PM EDT
[#21]
ya pal of mine has a set,like a rock ,I installed the for him,but not this set?seems like it wouldnt lock up on barrel nut at all on my LMT,RR,or a Del-ton upper.all three barrel nut rubbed a mark inside rear channel of top hand gaurd when checking for fit about 1/16 of play,must of slipped by QC,as for the four hi-tech instalation screws, i`m pretty sure i went clockwise
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 11:44:46 AM EDT
[#22]
I bought mine for my BM M-4 from Bravo Company and got them in just a couple of days. They were very easy to install and look great. I do have about a 1/16th of an inch of play which is disappointing. They seem to be installed properly.
Link Posted: 12/13/2008 1:27:15 AM EDT
[#23]
eaglesup1,I`d give BC a call and tell them why you are not happy,there a great company and if something aint right, they will fix it. I sent mine back, to me they were junk. for $150 it should be tight.if KJB got a good set that didnt wobble,and installed them on 800 rifles in a decade, that should not be the reason that you keep yours if you are dissapointed
Link Posted: 12/13/2008 11:39:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Just got my set today.  Took longer to find screw driver than put on.  I don't know about ya'll but mine are rock solid.  It was a peta to get my originals off because they were so tight, but all is good now.  Great product.
Link Posted: 12/15/2008 6:38:18 AM EDT
[#25]
I just picked up these Troy MRF-DI 7"rails at the gun show and I have to say they are GREAT. I mounted one to my Spike's Tactical ST-22 .22LR dedicated upper. Locked up tight.

I want to put KAC panels on it but I guess they will not fit?

Can any of you post some pictures of your Troy RAS with both the KAC panels and the Tango down ones on it? I need some visual inspiration. My other set will be going on a SBR build I'm working on. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/17/2008 4:21:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Anyone? Pics with rail panels?
Link Posted: 12/17/2008 4:54:31 AM EDT
[#27]
I called Troy on Friday and  I was told 2 to 3 weeks and the Midlength would be up and available on the TROY website, and the price would then be revealed. I can't wait although Crimmus gift to myself will be late, it will be what I want!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2008 7:12:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Just an update for feedback on people who have play in thier rails - I have both a DPMS AR, and S&W MP15 that I put these rails on, and thier is aprox. 1/8" play in both of them, very dissapointing to me as the play seems similar to that of a CAA rail.
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 3:43:58 AM EDT
[#29]
is that in the 9''midlength or standard 7" Capt? I'd like to know before I opt for TROY over the DD omega 9'' even though its alot more.
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 4:23:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Mine was the 7", so the 9" may be more stable.
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 1:15:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I just picked up these Troy MRF-DI 7"rails at the gun show and I have to say they are GREAT. I mounted one to my Spike's Tactical ST-22 .22LR dedicated upper. Locked up tight.

I want to put KAC panels on it but I guess they will not fit?

Can any of you post some pictures of your Troy RAS with both the KAC panels and the Tango down ones on it? I need some visual inspiration. My other set will be going on a SBR build I'm working on. Thanks.

KAC pannels are about the only ones that DO fit.

Link Posted: 12/18/2008 1:17:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Mine was the 7", so the 9" may be more stable.

I've never seen a 7" Troy DI rail thot wasn't almost too tight.

Link Posted: 12/18/2008 5:20:46 PM EDT
[#33]
IDK KGB, I removed the stock handguards and put on the troy rail then tightened the 4 rail screws tight and it still has about 1/16" play on both the DPMS and S&W; about the same play as a CAA rail had that I purchase a while back.  I also had some trouble getting my Eotech to bridge from the S&W flat top upper to the Troy Rail.  The only way it would attach correctly was to loosen up the screws on the rail, attach the Eotech, and retighten the rail!

While I like the looks of the Troy and think it is a sturdy unit, it didn't provide a really stable platform as I had hoped, and I probably wouldn't set an optic on just the rail as the movement would screw it up.
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 7:40:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
IDK KGB, I removed the stock handguards and put on the troy rail then tightened the 4 rail screws tight and it still has about 1/16" play on both the DPMS and S&W; about the same play as a CAA rail had that I purchase a while back.  I also had some trouble getting my Eotech to bridge from the S&W flat top upper to the Troy Rail.  The only way it would attach correctly was to loosen up the screws on the rail, attach the Eotech, and retighten the rail!

While I like the looks of the Troy and think it is a sturdy unit, it didn't provide a really stable platform as I had hoped, and I probably wouldn't set an optic on just the rail as the movement would screw it up.

You aren't supposed to put optics on it or any other non FF rail.
Link Posted: 12/19/2008 4:58:06 AM EDT
[#35]
they show a picture right on the website for TROY's that you can bridge your optics? what would be better then, to get a low cantilevered base from the receiver to mount my optics on? I'm just curious as to best and most stable. I'm going to be using a midlength Troy DI when they  become available as long as I don't hear the complaints I'm reading about from a few of the others here.
Link Posted: 12/19/2008 6:05:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
they show a picture right on the website for TROY's that you can bridge your optics? what would be better then, to get a low cantilevered base from the receiver to mount my optics on? I'm just curious as to best and most stable. I'm going to be using a midlength Troy DI when they  become available as long as I don't hear the complaints I'm reading about from a few of the others here.

Troy and a couple others say it's OK on their non FF rails, I just don't advise it myself. If you want to put an optic on your rail, you're better off getting a regular MRF or other FF system.
Link Posted: 12/21/2008 12:36:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Anyone have pics with covers on the rails yet....Thanks
Link Posted: 12/22/2008 12:06:18 PM EDT
[#38]
I got mine in last week for my work Carbine, this thing is sweet.  The best I have used.  The only thing I don't like (which is no big deal), is where they "skipped" a cutout at the front on back in order to have the sling swivel 'hole'.  I won't use it, but I know others will, so it is better to have than not.  This just makes it difficult to get some rail panels on the way you want them.  I'm using the MagPul XTM covers, but that would be my ONLY "complaint".  The thing is rock solid and built to last!!!  Hope to get some pictures up in the next day or so.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 1:08:22 AM EDT
[#39]
nice
Link Posted: 12/29/2008 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Just got a set of these...  Not really impressed.
The edges are very rough/sharp - like they forgot to deburr it before they anodized it.
Also... I had tons of trouble getting some TangoDown and KAC rail panels to slide onto
the side rails.  Had to slowly work them back and forth, and each time the rail scraped
material away from the panel.  I absolutely cannot get those panels onto the bottom
rail...  Magpul XTM rails won't snap on either.

Decided to take out my micrometer..
All four of the rails appear to be tapered - they get wider towards the front of the unit.
The width is approximately .835 inch at the rear of each of the four rails (good).
The top, left, and right rails then get about .005-.010 wider at the front.  The bottom
rail measures  approximately .852 at the front, which is a good bit out-of-spec,
which explains why I can't get any rail covers on the botttom.

Anybody have any experience with Troy's customer service?
There is a lack of customer service and/or warranty information on their website.

Link Posted: 6/26/2009 6:42:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/3/2009 7:45:54 AM EDT
[#42]
MRF DI

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:09:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Best place to buy these?

Brownells wants $149.00 is that MAP pricing?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:07:00 AM EDT
[#44]
It doesn't look like these have heat shields.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:57:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Thanks for your measuring efforts. I tried to put a MI flip front sight on my Troy DI rails. With the sight properly tightened down, the sight would bind bad when trying to fold it or extend it. This sight worked properly on an assortment of other rails. I believe your measurements disclose the problem. The Magpul
sights went on without a problem and function properly
Link Posted: 10/13/2009 6:17:15 PM EDT
[#46]

What grip is that? I've been looking for a grip with an integrated switch area/pad. I've seen some knock-offs on eBay, but was hoping one of the more well known names made something similar.
Link Posted: 10/13/2009 7:19:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
What grip is that? I've been looking for a grip with an integrated switch area/pad. I've seen some knock-offs on eBay, but was hoping one of the more well known names made something similar.

tango down.  overpriced IMO.
http://tangodown.com/shop/index.php?cPath=26

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top