BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/25/2008 6:08:40 PM EDT
[#1]
No, there was an individual that was selling the Aimpoint and Eotech clones as well as the Rico lights.
Link Posted: 3/25/2008 7:48:32 PM EDT
[#2]
So do you think the specs these EBay guys are giving are true.  Do the materials and lenses appear to be as advertised?

Link Posted: 3/26/2008 7:06:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
OKay...  Listen up.  

There are 3 different clone mounts currently on eBay.

1. Aimpoint 3x Magnifier clone with twist mount.

2. UAG (eoTech clone) 3x as shown in OP's pics.  Only has horizontal cuts around the main tube body.

3. Unknown Brand (eoTech clone) 3x that has both horizontal and vertical cuts like the actual eoTech around the main tube body

Actually there are at least 3 different EOTech clones.  

1.  UAG
2.  Unknown Brand with horizontal and vertical cuts
3.  Unknown Brand with only horizontal cuts AND the lens is pushed further back into the unit.  For example, look at the pic of the UAG.  The lens is flush with the end of the optic.  #3 has the lens pushed into the body so it is no longer flush with the housing.  Also the UAG as a single piece eye piece, where as #3 is a two piece eye piece.

I purchased 2 of the #3 mags from RedWolf Airsoft and they are junk.  The clarity is crap and they are very dark (maybe from the lens being pushed into the housing).  Also, #3 distorts the Aimpoint and EoTech reticles.  I just recieved 2 UAG's and I am very pleased with them.  Much clearer and much brighter, also the reticles are very close to the center if you use a quality mount.  FYI, the mount that comes with the UAG mags are crap.  Put the UAG in a LR mount and it is golden.

Just thought I would throw in my $0.02

Link Posted: 3/26/2008 7:31:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Want a clone?

Larue PoBoy Special...Great package.  Optics have had the reticle removed and lens repurged with nit.  $195 and this includes a top notch pivot mount to co witness an Aimpoint or Eotech.  I have one and it works great.
stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Categories.bok?category=Optic+and+Mount+Combos%3APo+Boy+Special

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/catalog/P1011842.JPG

or

CHD Same optic but has the reticle still packaged in long term sealed boxes (have four of these).  These DO NOT have a mount...on your own to find one that works (can use a single throw lever scope mount or the above mentioned pivot mount).  At about $22 bucks you can't go wrong.  The optics on these are German Hensoldt.  VERY clear...top notch...

www.cheaperthandirt.com/SCP097-48365-1439.html

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd_images/bgprod/SCP-097.jpg

Mike
Link Posted: 3/26/2008 7:52:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Want a clone?

Larue PoBoy Special...Great package.  Optics have had the reticle removed and lens repurged with nit.  $195 and this includes a top notch pivot mount to co witness an Aimpoint or Eotech.  I have one and it works great.
stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Categories.bok?category=Optic+and+Mount+Combos%3APo+Boy+Special

stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/catalog/P1011842.JPG

or

CHD Same optic but has the reticle still packaged in long term sealed boxes (have four of these).  These DO NOT have a mount...on your own to find one that works (can use a single throw lever scope mount or the above mentioned pivot mount).  At about $22 bucks you can't go wrong.  The optics on these are German Hensoldt.  VERY clear...top notch...

www.cheaperthandirt.com/SCP097-48365-1439.html

www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd_images/bgprod/SCP-097.jpg

Mike

Got 2 and they are OK.  Believe it or not, but the extra 0.5x makes a big difference!  IMO, the clarity, brightness and eye relief are better on the UAG over the Hensoldt.
Also, my Redwolf airsoft magnifier held up to full auto 7.62x39 firing yesterday (about 300 rounds) so the UAG's should do just fine under fire.

Link Posted: 3/26/2008 12:07:12 PM EDT
[#6]
The LaRue repackage looks nice, but I am not had an opportunity to finger around with one yet.  

I still continue to be impressed with my UAG, and I cannot understand spending $4-500 on a simple magnifier.  When you consider what it is doing, its almost borderline foolish to spend the extra money.  The magnifier has no reticle, battery, or intricate mechanisms to go wrong with it.  Pretty much, the only thing that can go wrong is the glass breaking, and if that happens, all you have to do is remove it.  Now, I am a big proponent of good optics, but I just don't see putting a lot in a simple magnifier.  I own an Aimpoint, EOTech, and an ACOG, and I feel just as good with the 3x as I do with them.  

Now, I haven't used the 3x in the rain, and haven't been in a hot, humid environment with it, so I can't say if it will fog or not.  But, so far, so good.  

Link Posted: 3/26/2008 12:15:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Great thread for a Noob like myself.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2008 12:19:03 PM EDT
[#8]
nice....might have to jump on one of these
Link Posted: 3/26/2008 1:10:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The LaRue repackage looks nice, but I am not had an opportunity to finger around with one yet.  

I still continue to be impressed with my UAG, and I cannot understand spending $4-500 on a simple magnifier.  When you consider what it is doing, its almost borderline foolish to spend the extra money.  The magnifier has no reticle, battery, or intricate mechanisms to go wrong with it.  Pretty much, the only thing that can go wrong is the glass breaking, and if that happens, all you have to do is remove it.  Now, I am a big proponent of good optics, but I just don't see putting a lot in a simple magnifier.  I own an Aimpoint, EOTech, and an ACOG, and I feel just as good with the 3x as I do with them.  

Now, I haven't used the 3x in the rain, and haven't been in a hot, humid environment with it, so I can't say if it will fog or not.  But, so far, so good.  

+1

Just think about what we are talking about here.  Its not a revolutionary idea.  A scope with no reticule and no moving parts or battery is really simple.  

IMO old extending spotting scopes used on sea vessels back in the 1800s were more complex , at least with those you could extend them.

What you are paying for with the real deals IMO is a lot of hype, or brand name, and a little of the watter proofing and durability.

Shock proof? give me a break, we all know what an AR feels like against our shoulders when its discharged and its not that harsh.  I would trust a $40 magnifier bought at wal-mart to withstand the shock effect.  

Not a lot of durability or waterproofing needs to be considered for those of use who just shoot yotes, jackrabbits and paper.  

With that said I got the $120 (shock proof, water proof) version of the aimpoint clone, and its worked great so far.
Link Posted: 3/26/2008 6:26:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Exactly.

Now, would I trust it in a combat scenario?  Probably not.  Reality is, I am not in a combat scenario and it works fine for the range and woods work.  I even think it would suffice for the occasional wave of zombies, but that's a different thread entirely.  

The reason I am a big supporter of known optics is simple, they have been proven.  Aimpoint, EOTech, and ACOG all have proven battleground histories.  The clone optics, on the other hand, do not.  Will the optic hold zero?  Will it stand up to being dropped, kicked, shot, etc?  Truth is, no one really knows.  Now, a 3x magnifier, on the other hand, is a different ball of wax.  It either magnifies or it doesn't, that's it.  There's really no complex science behind making a piece of glass magnify, and I haven't found a reason to spend $400+ on one yet.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2008 7:30:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Exactly.

Now, would I trust it in a combat scenario?  Probably not.  Reality is, I am not in a combat scenario and it works fine for the range and woods work.  I even think it would suffice for the occasional wave of zombies, but that's a different thread entirely.  

The reason I am a big supporter of known optics is simple, they have been proven.  Aimpoint, EOTech, and ACOG all have proven battleground histories.  The clone optics, on the other hand, do not.  Will the optic hold zero?  Will it stand up to being dropped, kicked, shot, etc?  Truth is, no one really knows.  Now, a 3x magnifier, on the other hand, is a different ball of wax.  It either magnifies or it doesn't, that's it.  There's really no complex science behind making a piece of glass magnify, and I haven't found a reason to spend $400+ on one yet.  

+1, spot on, well said! I did chuckle at the "complex science" of the magnifier comment though.
Link Posted: 3/29/2008 7:15:14 PM EDT
[#12]
SWFA has the EOTech 4X Magnifier with flip-to-side mount with quick detach.

$798.95

I don't see how they can price it that high.
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 1:41:32 PM EDT
[#13]
$798??

For that, you can go ahead and (almost) get an ACOG TA-33 (which is what an Aimpoint and 3x want to be when they grow up!!).  
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 5:16:24 PM EDT
[#14]
height=8
Quoted:
Very informative review, thank you very much.

I believe I have purchased the same combo of aimpoint and 3x magnifier.

However, when I put both on my ar-15, the 3x mag is visibly (although slightly) lower than the aimpoint.  I'm not sure if I got bad mounts and need to buy some other ones for both the aimpoint and 3x mag or if there is some other solution.

Anyone have some advice on new mounts for both the aimpoint and the 3x that will line them both up perfectly?

The mounts have turned out to be just fine.  I purchased the qrp spacer ($10) that raises the 3x mag. up slightly in its mount, and now it is lined up just fine.  It is a pretty sweet combo.
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 6:42:19 PM EDT
[#15]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

However, when I put both on my ar-15, the 3x mag is visibly (although slightly) lower than the aimpoint.  I'm not sure if I got bad mounts and need to buy some other ones for both the aimpoint and 3x mag or if there is some other solution.

Anyone have some advice on new mounts for both the aimpoint and the 3x that will line them both up perfectly?

The mounts have turned out to be just fine.  I purchased the qrp spacer ($10) that
raises the 3x mag. up slightly in its mount, and now it is lined up just fine.  It is a pretty sweet combo.

Hey, I have been looking at the Aimpoint clones for close to 3 weeks now, and cant find out which ones are the good ones, can you give me a link to the one you got and a link for the spacer, so I can hopefully get what I need

I also looked at the one about being for REAL rifles that was shock proof and nitrogen filled, I was going to get that one but if it is BS, and the others are the same thing I would like to save some cash.

Also I'm just like most others on this thread, my guns are not safequeens, I cant justify having more in sighting devices than what I have building my rifle, I sure dont want to spend 500 bucks on magnifier, then have it snag a tree while riding in the mount on my 4 wheeler, thanks for starting the thread, I've been so confused about these!!!!
please email to me if you dont want to post it, thanks
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 6:52:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The mounts have turned out to be just fine.  I purchased the qrp spacer ($10) that
raises the 3x mag. up slightly in its mount, and now it is lined up just fine.  It is a pretty sweet combo.

Hey, I have been looking at the Aimpoint clones for close to 3 weeks now, and cant find out which ones are the good ones, can you give me a link to the one you got and a link for the spacer, so I can hopefully get what I need

I also looked at the one about being for REAL rifles that was shock proof and nitrogen filled, I was going to get that one but if it is BS, and the others are the same thing I would like to save some cash.

Also I'm just like most others on this thread, my guns are not safequeens, I cant justify having more in sighting devices than what I have building my rifle, I sure dont want to spend 500 bucks on magnifier, then have it snag a tree while riding in the mount on my 4 wheeler, thanks for starting the thread, I've been so confused about these!!!!
please email to me if you dont want to post it, thanks

I ordered the "REAL RECOIL" aimpoint clone magnifier from egay. I should have it tomorrow. Will post my observations after I mount it.  

BTW, I did purchase a Larue "low" pivot mount so I don't have any mount issues with my Eotech.
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 7:24:11 PM EDT
[#17]
please let me know how it goes

I have read every word of at least 20 different adds, and the biggest thing that I have noticed is

most of the higher priced adds state that thier mag is shock PROOF, fog PROOF and water PROOF
one add even stated that it was water proof down to 67ft......

most of the cheaper adds simply state that they are shock, fog and water, RESISTANT

things that make you go HUUUUMMMMMM?I still dont know if this is BS or not, but for the extra 30-40 bucks, I think I am going with the one also that VERY CLEARLY states that its product is for use on real recoil weapons.....still only 120 bucks shipped,

oh and let me know about your mounting issues so I can know what to expect, thanks
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 7:34:57 PM EDT
[#18]
I purchased the aimpoint clone and 3x magnifier from airsoftvanguard.com.  I decided to purchase from there based on reviews I read from people who also purchased from there and had success.  The products came in about 10 days or so, was packaged very carefully.  I purchased the qrp aimpoint spacer from optics planet, but many different web sites sell the spacer.  Installion was easy and it works great now.

I really want the flip to side 3x mag mount, however I cannot justify paying more for the mount than I did for the magnifier.  Once I have the funds, I plan on buying a real aimpoint because of how much I like the clone.  However, I doubt I will ever buy the real magnifier.
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 8:25:40 PM EDT
[#19]
I just picked up one of these combos: here

I figure for $42 it's worth a shot.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 6:14:38 AM EDT
[#20]
I bought one.

Hopefully I won't regret it.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 2:50:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Ok I got my 3x aimpoint mag clone today and mounted it using a Larue "low" pivot mount.  Lines up perfect and no adjustments of any kind need to be made.  Glass is crisp on entire lens.  Overall quality seems well worth the money spent ($120.00).  Eye relief will take getting used too thats about my only gripe right now.  Range testing on Friday.
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 6:43:33 PM EDT
[#22]
height=8
Quoted:
I just picked up one of these combos: here

I figure for $42 it's worth a shot.  

EDIT...SORRY, UPON LOOKING BACK IT WAS THE ONE WITH SINGLE STRIPES THAT WAS JUNK

Now this is what I mean about getting confused, I read somewhere that the ones with horizantal + vertical stripes were the cheap ones made for airsoft and the quality of make and optics were junk?

let me know how it goes, I still think I am going to go with the $120.00 one,
I emailed several of the cheaper models, and asked them if they were made to put on actual rifles, nitrogen filled and shock and water proof?

only 2 out of the the 6 or 7 emailed me back
one being the $120.00 guy, and told me to rest assured that it was made for real rifles shock, water and fog proof and I contacted several people that have bought them and he offered a 100 % money back guarentee if he was not satisfied with the quality of the optic....if he is that confident I think I am ordering from him, plus he is state side, not in hong kong, I just have a gut feeling if I dont order from him first, I will be ordering from him later on anywayhe
"you can use it on real weapons it is a decent scope"

Link Posted: 4/4/2008 2:01:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Just wondering if anybody else has gotten these things to work?
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 3:04:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Ok I got my 3x aimpoint mag clone today and mounted it using a Larue "low" pivot mount.  Lines up perfect and no adjustments of any kind need to be made.  Glass is crisp on entire lens.  Overall quality seems well worth the money spent ($120.00).  Eye relief will take getting used too thats about my only gripe right now.  Range testing on Friday.

What was the deciding factor in going this route instead of the LT Po Boy? Just curious as I am looking into a mag for my EOtech.
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 6:56:28 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What was the deciding factor in going this route instead of the LT Po Boy? Just curious as I am looking into a mag for my EOtech.

I wanted the extra magnification and I'm glad I went with the 3x. I wouldn't of been happy with anything less.  I had it at the range today for the first time and it works fantastic. Unit is solid and I had no issues what so ever. On a Larue flip mount you can't go wrong. My total investment for the mount and magnifier was $260.00 bucks. Works for me.........

Link Posted: 4/4/2008 7:11:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Cobra809,

I take it that is the LOW version of the LT649 pivot mount?
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 7:17:38 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Cobra809,

I take it that is the LOW version of the LT649 pivot mount?

Correct.

Clears my Troy BUIS with flying colors too.
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 8:04:34 AM EDT
[#28]

I wanted the extra magnification and I'm glad I went with the 3x. I wouldn't of been happy with anything less.  I had it at the range today for the first time and it works fantastic. Unit is solid and I had no issues what so ever. On a Larue flip mount you can't go wrong. My total investment for the mount and magnifier was $260.00 bucks. Works for me.........

i74.photobucket.com/albums/i250/TBAG809/125_2525.jpg

i74.photobucket.com/albums/i250/TBAG809/125_2526.jpg

i74.photobucket.com/albums/i250/TBAG809/125_2529.jpg

i74.photobucket.com/albums/i250/TBAG809/125_2531.jpg

i74.photobucket.com/albums/i250/TBAG809/125_2532.jpg

i74.photobucket.com/albums/i250/TBAG809/125_2534.jpg

Awesome set up, all fits and clears your BUIS. Very nice
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 9:31:45 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Cobra,
where did you get that slender DD sling mount?
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 9:58:53 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cobra,
where did you get that slender DD sling mount?

Gear Sector
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 11:49:58 AM EDT
[#31]
I also purchased the UAG from ebay and am amazed at the clarity. The problem is that because the attachment point is in the center the LT pivot mount will not work. It also does not have a plate at the bottom for the Samson FTS mount to work. Having a fixed mount or twist off mount does not work for me.

I purchased a LaRue Tactical PoBoy special and the 3x makes a noticable difference compared to the 2.5x. Also the UAG is much more clear than the Hendsoldt lens.  Now if they came up with a FTS mount that worked with the UAG it would be butter.
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 1:35:07 PM EDT
[#32]
how the eye relief on the knockoffs?
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 3:39:01 PM EDT
[#33]
height=8
Quoted:

I took my knock off to my local dealer. He is very cool and i compared side by side with the $400 Eotech and i would say the eye relief and clarity is as good and maybe better.  He was definitely surprised. I can say for sure that the clarity is better than the Po Boy special.
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 4:22:09 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Eye relief is pretty limited, and it takes some getting used to.  I compare it to an ACOG TA33F, so its not too bad.  Now, I am interested to see how they compare to the real deal in the eye relief department.
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 4:27:27 PM EDT
[#35]
i've read on calguns that the eye relief on the aimpoint real unit is much better than eotech, so perhaps someone can compare those.
Link Posted: 4/6/2008 2:04:35 AM EDT
[#36]
I'd love to see a comparison between the fake Aimpoint and fake Eotech 3x units... You know, how high their magnifications really are in respect to each other, how much they actually weigh on a postal scale, and which is clearer.

Also, can anyone measure the clearance under the aimpoint style with twist mount for BUIS?

A bit much to ask, but who knows, maybe someone has answers.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 4:30:55 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I also purchased the UAG from ebay and am amazed at the clarity. The problem is that because the attachment point is in the center the LT pivot mount will not work. It also does not have a plate at the bottom for the Samson FTS mount to work. Having a fixed mount or twist off mount does not work for me.

I purchased a LaRue Tactical PoBoy special and the 3x makes a noticable difference compared to the 2.5x. Also the UAG is much more clear than the Hendsoldt lens.  Now if they came up with a FTS mount that worked with the UAG it would be butter.

Yep thats what I need.  I really like the way the UGA is set up compared to the Aimpoint 3x in the LaRue mount.

LaRue needs to make a FTS for the Eotech magnifier.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 6:38:55 PM EDT
[#38]
I ordered one of the Real Recoil models.  If it is worth a damn I will pick up a LaRue flip mount for it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 11:23:31 PM EDT
[#39]
height=8
Quoted:
"Canton" Aimpoint
www.dragonredairsoft.com/airsoft/images/products/product22648/ampoint3x.gif

"Canton" EOTech
www.dragonredairsoft.com/airsoft/images/products/product23499/eotech3x400.gif

UAG EOTech
images.andale.com/f2/122/127/12301129/2007/11/29/UAG_3X-_2.jpg

So does anyone have more than one of these to determine which is better?  I'm dying to find out if magnifiers are for me.
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 12:07:15 AM EDT
[#40]
I have one of the UAG ones and it is clear but not for me I ended up selling my eotech.  Let me know if you want it I will cut you a good deal on it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 6:16:17 AM EDT
[#41]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
"Canton" Aimpoint
www.dragonredairsoft.com/airsoft/images/products/product22648/ampoint3x.gif

"Canton" EOTech
www.dragonredairsoft.com/airsoft/images/products/product23499/eotech3x400.gif

UAG EOTech
images.andale.com/f2/122/127/12301129/2007/11/29/UAG_3X-_2.jpg

So does anyone have more than one of these to determine which is better?  I'm dying to find out if magnifiers are for me. he
Ebay link

http://i13.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/db/40/e793_1.JPG

The good:

Nice and clear, pretty solidly built.  It also comes with a number of different spacers.

The Bad:

The mount causes the magnifier to sit cock-eyed (this is due to the football shaped rear of the mount contacting the mount and slightly angling it foward).

The mount is not high enough to allow the magnifier a clear view through my Eotech 557 "window".

The mount is BIG....it takes up a lot of railspace....I don't think I will be able to get my Eotech, Mag, and BUIS on the upper's rails.....grrr.....

The "Maybe"

The seller in HK is going to get me one of the Aimpoint twistmount clone spacers.....I think this will solve the clearance and height issues.....

My magnifier is etched with "RAMB" and a scope symbol on the bottom....I bet it is the exact same thing as the UAG.  If I get a chance I will take some pictures over the weekend and post them.

-Chris

Link Posted: 4/10/2008 9:23:51 AM EDT
[#42]
I bought one of these aimpoint clone 3x mag: aimpoint clone 3x mag. It has the twist off mount.

I want to know if my 3x mag. will line up fine with this Sightmark

What mount do I need to make this work, maybe this mount

Link Posted: 4/10/2008 3:30:00 PM EDT
[#43]

Did you get the LT-649S (S meaning Short) model?  I did because they said it is the one needed for the EOTech 512.  I noticed you have a little blur near at the top when you look through it, so do I.

I think the mount is still a tad too high.  but I still love it, I love being able to flip that thing to the side.

Link Posted: 4/10/2008 3:44:42 PM EDT
[#44]
I got my Real Recoil Aimpoint forgery in the mail today.  My first impression is that I like it, appears to do its job.  But the the QD twist mount is too low to clear my ARMS 40L BUIS!

Any recommendations???
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 6:35:35 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Did you get the LT-649S (S meaning Short) model?  I did because they said it is the one needed for the EOTech 512.  I noticed you have a little blur near at the top when you look through it, so do I.

I think the mount is still a tad too high.  but I still love it, I love being able to flip that thing to the side.

farm4.static.flickr.com/3121/2371759269_41692145f2_b.jpg
farm3.static.flickr.com/2122/2372597198_4e5f3d11ed_b.jpg
farm4.static.flickr.com/3180/2371757909_08edd70cb0_b.jpg

Yes I have the low mount. Got it off the EE. Not sure about what you mean about a blur.  Taking a pic through the lens with a camera is difficult and any imperfections are purely from the camera. My lens is completely clear.

BTW, Nice setup you got there.
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 11:03:49 PM EDT
[#46]
height=8
Quoted:

I think the mount is still a tad too high.  but I still love it, I love being able to flip that thing to the side. hought
Do these clone magnifiers cowitness properly on the twist mounts they come with?

Prices of the clones seem to have gone up on ebay.
If there AREN'T clarity differences between this model and the Aimpoint clone, then this sure is a hell of a lot cheaper at $41 shipped.....
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 5:28:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Will the twist  mount on the ebay magnifiers fit properly behind the EO553? do they come witha spacer for height?
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Well the cheaper Real Recoil 3x seems to work pretty good.  The QD mount wouldn't clear my sights so I went with a LaRue flip mount:

My camera sucks, so no pics through magnifier, but it is bright and crisp.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 9:42:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Is there actually a difference with the 'Real Recoil' model?  Just seems to me that all of the Aimpoint 3x clones would be coming from the same factory.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:51:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Not as far as I can tell.  If I handed you an Aimpoint and the Real version, I do not honestly think you could tell the difference.  It also has Aimpoint stamped on the rubber protective coating and the booklet with it is Aimpoint also.  I saved hundreds $$$  
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top