Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/30/2024 10:49:17 AM EDT
Anyone still using this.   Had a Eotech (didn't care for it) few PA prisms SLx3 and a GLx2 due to the dreaded astigmatism and still have the SLx1 on another carbine but thinking of trying one of these out on a BCM 14.5 mid length.  Aside from an open emitter and where it's made doesn't really matter to me, any thoughts on it or has it jumped the shark.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 10:54:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I see a lot of these in both PCC and PCSL 2gun
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:19:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a pair.  I think it is a really good sight for my open division shotgun.  I have looked at a mount for my Open division pistol but the Sig Max works fine.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:32:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought one a month ago or so for an AR based on others recommendations, but I haven’t had a chance to shoot with it yet.

The only negative review I’ve come across was one user here who said he had 2 that wouldn’t hold zero. But there are dozens of reviews online that are positive.

Also, they seem like they are fairly popular in USPSA.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:43:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OlympicArmsFan] [#4]
I have been thinking of getting one for my Mossberg 930. I feel like it would be a perfect shotgun sight. A lot of positive reviews on it. It’s been around for years at this point too.

Maybe take a look at the AEMS. I own that one and have an astigmatism and the reticle is crisp and clear. It is also a green reticle in mine. I have the one with the circle/dot option.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:08:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chevrofreak] [#5]
I've been running them since they came out on everything from a 9mm Major open gun to several different 9mm PCC's and they've been awesome.  I do like the 512C more for rifles than the 510, but the 512C isn't made anymore.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:21:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By OlympicArmsFan:
I have been thinking of getting one for my Mossberg 930. I feel like it would be a perfect shotgun sight. A lot of positive reviews on it. It’s been around for years at this point too.

Maybe take a look at the AEMS. I own that one and have an astigmatism and the reticle is crisp and clear. It is also a green reticle in mine. I have the one with the circle/dot option.

View Quote

I would not like it on a conventional shotgun as it sits too high.  One of the circle dot 507C works pretty well there.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:36:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Have one on my 10.3 , my AP5 , and 14.7 and think they work great.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:48:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Have three on our home defense rifles. Two on 9mm CX4’s and one on a AR. They are great in that role, I really like them.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 10:22:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I have 4 of them that I use for Steel Challenge and IDPA.  They’ve worked fine over the last few years.

Okay, my only real issue with the Holosuns is that the vertical and horizontal adjustments aren’t [ahem] linear.  No real big deal given that you don’t adjust the zero for different distances.

I have switched over to HE507comp-gr sights.  On my 22 rifles I use a lower 1/3 height mount.  Several observations on the new sight.  First, my eyes like the green reticle a lot more than the red.  Second, I’ve found I like the 32 moa circle/dot reticle better than the 62 moa circle/dot of the 510.  Probably just personal preference, but worth noting.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 9:10:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IceMan_1] [#10]
I have the 510c and 512c ,I love both , but I like the 510c the best . The solar on the 510c works fantastic  you can take the battery out and it still functions great as long it's light outside. Not so much on the 512c.
I also have an  astigmatism and Don't have any problem with them.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top