Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/30/2024 10:49:17 AM EDT
Anyone still using this.   Had a Eotech (didn't care for it) few PA prisms SLx3 and a GLx2 due to the dreaded astigmatism and still have the SLx1 on another carbine but thinking of trying one of these out on a BCM 14.5 mid length.  Aside from an open emitter and where it's made doesn't really matter to me, any thoughts on it or has it jumped the shark.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 10:54:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I see a lot of these in both PCC and PCSL 2gun
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:19:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a pair.  I think it is a really good sight for my open division shotgun.  I have looked at a mount for my Open division pistol but the Sig Max works fine.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:32:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought one a month ago or so for an AR based on others recommendations, but I haven’t had a chance to shoot with it yet.

The only negative review I’ve come across was one user here who said he had 2 that wouldn’t hold zero. But there are dozens of reviews online that are positive.

Also, they seem like they are fairly popular in USPSA.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:43:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OlympicArmsFan] [#4]
I have been thinking of getting one for my Mossberg 930. I feel like it would be a perfect shotgun sight. A lot of positive reviews on it. It’s been around for years at this point too.

Maybe take a look at the AEMS. I own that one and have an astigmatism and the reticle is crisp and clear. It is also a green reticle in mine. I have the one with the circle/dot option.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:08:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chevrofreak] [#5]
I've been running them since they came out on everything from a 9mm Major open gun to several different 9mm PCC's and they've been awesome.  I do like the 512C more for rifles than the 510, but the 512C isn't made anymore.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:21:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By OlympicArmsFan:
I have been thinking of getting one for my Mossberg 930. I feel like it would be a perfect shotgun sight. A lot of positive reviews on it. It’s been around for years at this point too.

Maybe take a look at the AEMS. I own that one and have an astigmatism and the reticle is crisp and clear. It is also a green reticle in mine. I have the one with the circle/dot option.

View Quote

I would not like it on a conventional shotgun as it sits too high.  One of the circle dot 507C works pretty well there.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:36:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Have one on my 10.3 , my AP5 , and 14.7 and think they work great.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:48:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Have three on our home defense rifles. Two on 9mm CX4’s and one on a AR. They are great in that role, I really like them.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 10:22:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I have 4 of them that I use for Steel Challenge and IDPA.  They’ve worked fine over the last few years.

Okay, my only real issue with the Holosuns is that the vertical and horizontal adjustments aren’t [ahem] linear.  No real big deal given that you don’t adjust the zero for different distances.

I have switched over to HE507comp-gr sights.  On my 22 rifles I use a lower 1/3 height mount.  Several observations on the new sight.  First, my eyes like the green reticle a lot more than the red.  Second, I’ve found I like the 32 moa circle/dot reticle better than the 62 moa circle/dot of the 510.  Probably just personal preference, but worth noting.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 9:10:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IceMan_1] [#10]
I have the 510c and 512c ,I love both , but I like the 510c the best . The solar on the 510c works fantastic  you can take the battery out and it still functions great as long it's light outside. Not so much on the 512c.
I also have an  astigmatism and Don't have any problem with them.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top