Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2024 10:01:24 PM EDT
I figured several of you own the MS1 so I thought I'd ask here. I've tried a few slings and they're usually too long (except for the ones for hunting/throw it over your shoulder type slings). I've been looking at the MS1 because it's simple... The specs say it's 48-60 inches. That's still pretty long for a skinny dude with no gear. I wonder if there's further adjustment that can be made, like if I pull the tri glides up even further? I don't mind having a bit of a tail. Or are the 48" maxed out at the shortest setting? I'm also open to something similar, in the same price range.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:09:13 PM EDT
[#1]
You could conceivably remove all of the non-adjustable end except for just a bit to loop through the attachment point and it would be like 2 ft. long with the adjustor pulled in.  I'm pretty sure you can make it work.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 10:34:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. That's what I thought. When Magpul responded to my email with "48" at the shortest setting" I thought "it's just a strap, surely there's a way around that." I just want some that will pull tight to my body until I'm ready to go.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 10:19:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m playing with one of these now on my AUG. I’ve made some adjustments and cut 12-14” off the but end. Still have plenty left to adjust. Not sure if it’s really any better than a v-tac, but I like that you don’t have a loose tail flopping around.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 12:04:41 PM EDT
[#4]
How short did you end up making it?
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 5:17:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3-gun] [#5]
@38”
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

@dirtychemist
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top