Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/10/2024 10:01:24 PM EDT
I figured several of you own the MS1 so I thought I'd ask here. I've tried a few slings and they're usually too long (except for the ones for hunting/throw it over your shoulder type slings). I've been looking at the MS1 because it's simple... The specs say it's 48-60 inches. That's still pretty long for a skinny dude with no gear. I wonder if there's further adjustment that can be made, like if I pull the tri glides up even further? I don't mind having a bit of a tail. Or are the 48" maxed out at the shortest setting? I'm also open to something similar, in the same price range.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:09:13 PM EDT
[#1]
You could conceivably remove all of the non-adjustable end except for just a bit to loop through the attachment point and it would be like 2 ft. long with the adjustor pulled in.  I'm pretty sure you can make it work.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 10:34:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. That's what I thought. When Magpul responded to my email with "48" at the shortest setting" I thought "it's just a strap, surely there's a way around that." I just want some that will pull tight to my body until I'm ready to go.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 10:19:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m playing with one of these now on my AUG. I’ve made some adjustments and cut 12-14” off the but end. Still have plenty left to adjust. Not sure if it’s really any better than a v-tac, but I like that you don’t have a loose tail flopping around.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 12:04:41 PM EDT
[#4]
How short did you end up making it?
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 5:17:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3-gun] [#5]
@38”
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

@dirtychemist
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top