Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:10:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:36:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I might be up for a group buy.  I already have a Wasatch and an Eagle Plate Carrier.  I wouldn't mind getting a cheap OD or Black one.

Keep us posted if you plan on doing this Stick.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:35:24 AM EDT
[#3]
+ 1 for a Group buy,  I'd almost want to do a Group Buy on the blackhawk one, (those mag pouches look a little weird and non movable)

If anyone is interested I do have plates for sale

www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=90&t=342865
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:14:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:27:54 AM EDT
[#5]
How do the pouches do with AK (7.62) mags?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:11:31 AM EDT
[#6]
+ for group buy
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:26:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If you look at the first pictures in the thread of the OD Green version...

Searched though this forum and did not find this thread.

Can anyone provide a link?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:38:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:39:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:43:00 AM EDT
[#10]
First post on page 1 looks like a black carrier to me, but I will take your word for it.  :)  Probably just my bad eyes.

Also, still wondering about the Magpul pulls (upright) and/or Ranger plates working with the 2-mag pouch.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:41:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
First post on page 1 looks like a black carrier to me, but I will take your word for it.  :)  Probably just my bad eyes.

This looks Black?

They're not still making black and white montitors are they?  
Here's the green carrier from the website:
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:19:06 PM EDT
[#13]
I just got mine today.  Seems to be very well made.  I'm impressed.  I like it so far.  I haven't had a chance to really work with it.  I have ballistic panels inside as well as rifle plates.  Seems really comfortable.

I'll post some pics once I get it set up and get it a little dirty!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:36:07 PM EDT
[#14]
This might be just the ticket for my spare soft armor.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:45:02 PM EDT
[#15]
just got mine in the mail today. havent had a chance to try it out yet, but looks well made, so far i like what i see,
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:32:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Mine arrived today but I'm stuck at a part time job until 2:30AM!!!!!

I'll post my initial review tomorrow but I doubt it will conflict with what's already been described here.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:22:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Anxiously awaiting any more reviews.

I will likely be placing an order in the next few days.

+1 on the group buy if it comes together soon.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:27:50 AM EDT
[#18]
I just finished putting my PACA panels in my new vest.  I am very pleased with the vest so far.  It doesn't fit quite as well as I would expect a more (much more) expensive unit to but it is not at all uncomfortable and will definitely work for my needs.  

I was not able to get 30 round mags into the built in mag pouches due to the retention straps being very short so I took them off and the mags drop right in.  The mag pouches are deep and snug enought that unles I end up hanging by my feet I won't need the retention straps so I'm leaving them off.

The cumberbund on this unit is fantastic!  I've not seen a better built or more adjustable one yet.

The side closures have ample velcro to hold them and one quick release buckle on each side for extra hold.  These appear to be sufficient for most uses but I will probably try to add another one or two straps/buckles per side.  I will be using this unit when working as a sniper and will be crawling around in it which will definitely snag the side closers.

I don't think you can beat this vest for the money.  Overall quality appears to be very good.  The nylon used and the stitching both seem more than adequate to hold up to tough use.

Mine is set up and ready now so I will begin using it the next time my pager goes off.  If I encounter any issues I will post again and let everyone know.

Pylodog
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:30:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Ok, if anyone has gotten any of these:

Please let me know how they hold AK 30 rd mags (7.62).
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:42:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:58:17 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This looks Black?
img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/Dump1567/CTD6.jpg

They're not still making black and white montitors are they?  
Here's the green carrier from the website:
www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd_images/lgprod/MOLLE-134.jpg

I like how it looks in the first pic.  I'd definitely like a super dark olive/brown than a light foliage type green...

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:20:50 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was not able to get 30 round mags into the built in mag pouches due to the retention straps being very short so I took them off and the mags drop right in.
Pylodog

Which mag pouches did you get?

I was talking about the two built in mag pouches on either side of the vest.  The elastic retention straps over them were too short to allow a mag to go in.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:19:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Well, I've been impressed enough w/ the reviews so far, that I broke down and ordered one yesturday.  They said that it would ship today (I called too late for anything to happen until today anyways).  
I've had a regular (non-molle) vest for the last few years, so, I'm anxiously awaiting to see how this works out.
Hopefully it will fit my IIIa soft panels until I get some plates.  And of course I now have several pouches that I'll need to buy.
I had been planning on getting an Eagle PC w/ CB eventually, but this looks good enough to try and see how I like it, not to mention $100 less expensive.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:06:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Anyone get the Coyote version yet?

Would you say the color is more khaki, tan or brown?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:11:27 PM EDT
[#26]
hey stickman,  have a link for some good double pistol pouches with the molle setup to use with the carrier?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:44:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:32:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:36:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Tag for later research...
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:41:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Tag-a-roo-ski
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 11:00:33 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
hey stickman,  have a link for some good double pistol pouches with the molle setup to use with the carrier?

Good as in good but cheap?  Not off the top of my head, but its worth checking out clearance sections on sites or stores.

either good and cheap or just good.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:18:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Damn guys, you bought up all the OD green Mag Pouches!!!!
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:39:46 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Damn guys, you bought up all the OD green Mag Pouches!!!!

That was probably me.  I just ordered 4 of the Double Mag Pouches.   Had to get mine while I could.
Here's the CTD Weapon & Ammo Bags & Pouches link for everyone to check availability.
Here's some other good deals from other venders:
Woodland Camo on Sale
BlackHawk Closeouts
DBT Blowout Sale

Various Gear Shops:
TAG Duty Gear & Mag Pouches
SpecOps Brand
BlackWater Gear
Lightfighter Tactical
SKD Tactical
Triad Tactical
Eagle Industries
OP Tactical
Just some of the shops I have saved in favorites.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 10:28:54 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd_images/lgprod/MOLLE-323.jpg

What I have here isn't the same as those  you are asking about, but they look to be quiet similar to those that CTD advertises as their MOLLE Rifle Magazine Pouches.  I bought these from some seller on Ebay last year, out of curiosity.   Anyway, CTD advertises theirs as capable of holding 30rnd AK mags.  I'm not really finding that to be the case with these that I have... not to my satisfaction, anyway.

The lid on the left cell is just held with the velcro, but I wouldn't trust it... not much attachement at all.  The lid on the right is attached with the velcro + the top snap.  Bringing the lid down along the side of the mags is the only way I'm able to snap it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:18:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Do the Different pouches from CTD come with Malice Clips or do you have to purchase them separately.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 2:10:12 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Do the Different pouches from CTD come with Malice Clips or do you have to purchase them separately.

I have one of these:

It has reinforced straps that can be molle laced and than snapped.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 2:23:36 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd_images/lgprod/MOLLE-323.jpg

What I have here isn't the same as those  you are asking about, but they look to be quiet similar to those that CTD advertises as their MOLLE Rifle Magazine Pouches.  I bought these from some seller on Ebay last year, out of curiosity.   Anyway, CTD advertises theirs as capable of holding 30rnd AK mags.  I'm not really finding that to be the case with these that I have... not to my satisfaction, anyway.

www.lanezero.com/arfcom/pouchopen.JPG
www.lanezero.com/arfcom/pouchclosed.JPG

The lid on the left cell is just held with the velcro, but I wouldn't trust it... not much attachement at all.  The lid on the right is attached with the velcro + the top snap.  Bringing the lid down along the side of the mags is the only way I'm able to snap it.

Thanks!  Good to know.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:12:34 PM EDT
[#38]
dang..u guys ordered all the OD pouches or what ? lol
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:57:25 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I said the same thing lol.

Broke down and bought:
Black Eagle Type Plate Carrier
2 Dual Mag Pouches Black
1 Dual Pistol Mag Pouch
1 Black Hyration Carrier + Bladder
1 Pistol Pouch

$135 shipped to my door hopefully this week.   Not a bad price considering my Eagle Plate carrier cost more than that and I can't get any Multicam pouches.

* I ordered 3 TT singles for my Eagle *.  Still need some dual pouches.  This multicam search is a pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:08:08 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Broke down and bought:
2 Dual Mag Pouches Black
1 Dual Pistol Mag Pouch
1 Pistol Pouch

$135 shipped to my door hopefully this week.   Not a bad price considering my Eagle Plate carrier cost more than that and I can't get any Multicam pouches.

* I ordered 3 TT singles for my Eagle *.  Still need some dual pouches.  This multicam search is a pain in the ass.

Now we're going to need pics
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 3:56:53 AM EDT
[#41]
i broke down and ordered one as well along with some pouches.

plate carrier
double m4 mag pouch x4
shotgun ammo pouch
hydration system

all in black but mine was close to $200 after shipping and tax
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 6:58:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Tag

My dad is looking for a plate carrier and while I have an Eagle MOLLE PC/cumberbund I think it would be a good idea to get him some options. This CTD one seems pretty darn close to the Eagle. Might be a good thing for the wife... Hm.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 7:16:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Just ordered one.

Thanks for posting this.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:16:16 AM EDT
[#44]
I've got a SpecOps brand X-4 in black that I bought on Ebay awhile ago.  It's pretty nice, it holds 4 mags like advertised but it's very limp when it isn't full.  I guess that could be a good thing as when the mag pouches are empty, the vest/plate carrier can be pretty compact.

The backside is pretty stiff and the straps and snaps are plentiful.  There seems to be quite a bit of freedom in how you want to mount the pouch and I think I might pick up one or two of the X-2s for a plate carrier if I get one.  

ETA:  now I know what the wierd flap of velcro on the inside is for.  You can flip it out and over the velcro on the front so that the fastex buckle is all that keeps it closed...

Link Posted: 4/19/2006 3:27:37 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Broke down and bought:
2 Dual Mag Pouches Black
1 Dual Pistol Mag Pouch
1 Pistol Pouch

Now we're going to need pics

I should have been a  little more clear on my statements.  The price was $135 shipped.  I just ordered it last night.  So probably won't see it till next week.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#46]
I got my vest today.  My IIIa panels fit just fine.  The pals are very snug as far as I can tell, and it fits me very well, I'm VERY impressed so far w/ the cost vrs. quality.

Someone pointed out earlier that TT has their Snap buckle upgrade for the Interceptor vest, which I think is not a bad idea for the long run.  I would rather that the buckle was placed slightly differently and in a pair on each side rather than one only.

I also noted that Kifaru has their dock and lock set up that has a slightly larger buckle that I think would look a bit better.  I havn't contacted them yet to see what prices etc. they are.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 6:29:59 PM EDT
[#47]
AR MAG POUCH REVIEW:

Got my 2x2 mag pouches today.  Quaility seems to be on par with the vest.  The velcro closure straps are adjustable/removeable.  This is a great feature.  This allows you to run mag-puls, 20 or 40 rounders.  Also has an elastic strap around each pouch.  This allows the use of one mag to fit secure if the strap is opened or removed.  Has rigid straps that snap on back for attachment.  I'm sure this is a copy of someones pouch, but at least they copied the right company.  My biggest complaint with my current pouches is lack of adjustability (can't use mag-puls).

Link Posted: 4/19/2006 6:33:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:14:37 PM EDT
[#49]
mine will arrive tomorrow according to fed ex,,i will however most likely still be at the hospital with the wife giving birth
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 10:25:40 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
mine will arrive tomorrow according to fed ex,,i will however most likely still be at the hospital with the wife giving birth

I'm surre I could make some off color joke about "Priorities" here, but nah.....

MAZEL TOV!
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top