Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 5:17:43 AM EDT
[#1]
what handguns did you have to give up for that Beauty?  Wilson CQB, P7M13 and a left testicle?
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 5:21:59 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
what handguns did you have to give up for that Beauty?  Wilson CQB, P7M13 and a left testicle?

I hope he didn't sell a P7M13.  That pistol should have almost gotten him a whole FS2000.
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 5:23:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Why is it always the left testicle people give up?  Is it of different value or usefulness than the right testicle?

I need to know, because that's my payment plan in the event the SCAR becomes available.
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 5:33:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 5:41:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Is the flash hider removable?  Doesn't look like my HALO will attach to that flash hider
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 5:42:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Somebody send this man some ammo.

+1

Quoted:
Break out the right dye
Nice rifle (going to have to get more serious with my saving for my FS2000 fund)

No dye job. I like the OD look.
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 5:45:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Is the flash hider removable?  Doesn't look like my HALO will attach to that flash hider

Nope. Pinned in place.
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 5:49:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Tag in case of more pics and range report.

Beautiful rifle.
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 6:05:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice!! What do they sell for?
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 6:12:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Im barely going to get my PS90 next week!

*cries*
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 9:59:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Space guns are cool....have you tried it out on any aliens yet?

are you referring to little green men or illegals sneaking under a fence???
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 10:07:58 AM EDT
[#12]
I wasn't too fired up about this rifle when I first saw it.  But after seeing your pics, man-o-man, the winds of change are a-blowing.  I like it.  

Standing by for a range report.

Link Posted: 6/7/2006 10:17:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Does the bolt lock open like an HK?
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 10:26:53 AM EDT
[#14]
tag
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 10:42:36 AM EDT
[#15]
It needs to be suppressed and weighed down with 14lbs of tactical gear asap!
Glue rails to every possible surface you can with CA and post pics!
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 10:59:53 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
It needs to be suppressed and weighed down with 14lbs of tactical gear asap!
Glue rails to every possible surface you can with CA and post pics!

Halo MFG, IIRC, was going to sell a railed forend for $25 or so. So in a short while, you will see "quad-rail" FS2000s.
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 11:15:55 AM EDT
[#17]
SWEET!!

But....

This is the ejection port?  How does that work?
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 11:19:29 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
SWEET!!

But....

www.hunt101.com/img/411926-big.jpg

When the spent case comes out of the chamber, a white plastic scoop (shown in cry's photos) picks it up and slings it down an ejection chute. There was a website that had diagrams explaining the process.

Civilian Gunner F2000 Site (Chinese)

Link Posted: 6/7/2006 11:58:15 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
SWEET!!

But....

www.hunt101.com/img/411926-big.jpg

When the spent case comes out of the chamber, a white plastic scoop (shown in cry's photos) picks it up and slings it down an ejection chute. There was a website that had diagrams explaining the process.

Civilian Gunner F2000 Site (Chinese)
www.civiliangunner.com/images/eject1.jpg
www.civiliangunner.com/images/eject2.jpg
www.civiliangunner.com/images/eject3.jpg

Very nice diagram of how the ejection process works in tandem with the chambering stroke.

More pics added to the main post with some descriptive text added to some pics.

Quoted:
Does the bolt lock open like an HK?

It locks open manually, not via an empty magazine. And yes, you can slap it closed on a loaded mag, HK style.

Link Posted: 6/7/2006 1:50:14 PM EDT
[#20]

Does the USGI cleaning kit fit into the bottom slot?
The PS90 has a cavity above the hammer group that is supposedly designed for the cleaning kit (or Form 4 papers).

The FS2000 hammer group looks very much like the PS90 hammer group (there are some differences of course).

Thanks for the extra pics!
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 1:53:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Damn. I need one.
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 1:54:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Space guns are cool....have you tried it out on any aliens yet?

I think with a little cosmetic work it would look alot like the halo 2 assault rifle
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 2:08:20 PM EDT
[#23]
It's like living the late 80's all over again, but they cost way more!
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 4:16:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Yeah, I too believe a Military F2000 Cleaning Kit probably goes into the stock. I have a PS90, and I'm looking for the proper kit for that. I will have my FS2000 soon as well. I don't particularly care for the ejection portion, however. I have read stories on the F2000 and how mud can get in there, and jam up the action. Don't know how true those stories were, but does seem plausible. Nonetheless, I'm sure I'll love it. Thanks for the great PICS.
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 5:12:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Does a BETA Mag fit or is the tower too short?hug.gif
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 5:25:22 PM EDT
[#26]
So it does NOT have last round bold holdopen?
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 5:32:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Tag.

I wonder why they decided to permanently attach the flash hider.
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 5:36:00 PM EDT
[#28]
That's hot.
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 5:36:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Nice.  I want one now.

Max
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 5:46:48 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
So it does NOT have last round bold holdopen?

unless during the mechanical action of shooting the last round there is some mechanism to lock the bolt open.

if you insert an empty mag and pull the charging handle back, it does not lock open. You can manually lock it back similar to an HK, but it doesn't seem to do it on its own.

Since I haven't fired it, I cannot say for 100% certainty that there is no last shot hold open.

doesn't really matter to me though.

Quoted:
Tag.

I wonder why they decided to permanently attach the flash hider.

since the barrel is less than 16" on its own, and perhaps this was a MUST HAVE passed down by the ATF in order to allow these to be sold to the civilian population, I cannot say for certain.

I can say this, the design of the flash hider/muzzle break is to keep muzzle rise in check. Thats the main reason the FH is slanted.

Quoted:
Does a BETA Mag fit or is the tower too short?

No, the beta tower is too short. they would have to redesign the beta mag to fit this one.

Also, a 10 round and a 20 rounder won't work as well. FN has a specially designed 10 rounder that looks like a clinton era mag. Its the same length as a 30 rounder with most of the mag being a plastic extension block. The design of this carbine requires the curvature of a 30 round mag.
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#31]
I wouldn't mind seeing a video of it in action to see how the spent casings eject.
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 6:03:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 6:38:01 PM EDT
[#33]
I like it.  

Max
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 6:38:57 PM EDT
[#34]
I'll be interested to see if the gun holds open on the last round or not at the range. I'll be a little disapointed if it doesn't. I'm on the pre-order list and this is the first I've heard about it. In fact I emailed and asked specifically if it had a lrbh and was told it did.

This is concerning

Other then that sweet rifle! It looks awesome, especially with that EOtech on it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 6:57:04 PM EDT
[#35]
This is probably the FIRST rifle that I wouldn't even bother with SBRing! TOO SWEET!

Gonna get me one, if I can find it for under 2K
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 8:03:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Since I do not have my FS2000 yet, I'm not sure if the Bolt will hold open like it does on my PS90.
There is a Dust Cover on the PS90, and once you pull the Bolt back, keep it held back, and close the Dusk Cover. The Bolt will be locked backed.

CAN'T WAIT FOR MINE TO SHOW UP!! PS90's, FS2000's, SIG 556's,. WOW, what a year to remember! And hopefully next year the SCAR!
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 8:20:20 PM EDT
[#37]
NICE!  Shoot it a lot and let us know how it works for you.  I don't know how/where you could do this safely, but I'd be interested in how the ejection system works at high angles (like shooting at someone on a nearby rooftop or up a steep stairwell.  Another of my concerns is the opening on the side where you can see the exposed spriing.  Not an issue for most of us civillians, but what if theat got filled with mud, sand, dust  or the like?

I'll be watching for posts by early adopters.  I may want one of these.
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 9:26:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Very nice! A buddy and I paid for ours today. Should arrive at the FFL next week; can't wait.
Link Posted: 6/8/2006 6:59:40 AM EDT
[#39]
I would like to see the results of a gun that has not been cleaned in 500 rounds firing a few full mags straight up.  I like the gun a lot, but that ejection system just scares me!

Anybody seen any results on any testing like that?

Link Posted: 6/8/2006 7:05:37 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I would like to see the results of a gun that has not been cleaned in 500 rounds firing a few full mags straight up.  I like the gun a lot, but that ejection system just scares me!

I saw a video of everyone blasting away with F2000s. At one point, the cases no longer came out of the chute. They just collected and collected. Eventually, one of the shots sent out over a dozen empty cases all at once. I'd imagine that in certain unusual instances (shooting at an upright angle at high elevated targets, or someone stuffed a sock into your ejection chute) it could result in a malfunction.

I also don't like the idea of a white plastic piece guiding the spent cases. Plastic can be stronger than steel, but seeing how cheesy the plastic was on my PS90, I have my doubts on the F2000. The texture makes the plastic look and feel better than the normal cheap Chinese plastic.
Link Posted: 6/8/2006 10:00:38 AM EDT
[#41]
How long does it measure from the tip of the FS to the rear of the buttstock?
Link Posted: 6/8/2006 11:00:24 AM EDT
[#42]
In response to teh 20 round mag 'isse' and needing curved mags, some companies are still putting out the 20 rounders that really are just a 30 rounder that has been chopped down.  Of course, you would need some of the mag sticking out to actaully grab, so that might be an issue!

Damn sexy.  I can't say i would drop taht kind of money on a rifle, but still....damn sexy.
Link Posted: 6/8/2006 11:27:14 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Google is your friend. Embrace him!

FS2000 specifications page
Link Posted: 6/8/2006 11:59:50 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Google is your friend. Embrace him!

FS2000 specifications page

I know the specs from the FNH Catalog, but I was wondering if it matches with what you actually have. I measured my PS90 several times to make sure it complied with federal regs (it was a hair over 26") - so did the FFL dealer who did the transfer
Link Posted: 6/8/2006 1:08:05 PM EDT
[#45]
looking forward to the range report
Link Posted: 6/8/2006 1:41:24 PM EDT
[#46]
.....Congrats!

what 5 handguns did you trade? did the EoTech come w/ it (something tells me "no")?

tag for the range report

i wish that there was not so much damn plastic on the buttstock area....just saving off an in. of it would make it a heck of a lot more compact!

Link Posted: 6/8/2006 3:29:45 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
.....Congrats!

what 5 handguns did you trade? did the EoTech come w/ it (something tells me "no")?

tag for the range report

i wish that there was not so much damn plastic on the buttstock area....just saving off an in. of it would make it a heck of a lot more compact!

No, the Eotech was off another one of my AR carbines. Fits and looks soo nice on the FS2000.

The pistols I traded in were the following

Glock32
CPO Sig P220ST
Para Ordinance CCW .45 LDA
Kahr K9
Glock 26.

Even trade, and no tax. Pretty sweet since these pistols were my trade bait and would not normally see the light of day out of my safe.

Nothing too fancy. The only one that hurt to get rid of was the Para, but since I have a Kimber Tactical Pro II, I could allow the Para to find a new home.

I'm not sure when I can get to the range, but perhaps this saturday might be a go assuming its not raining hard.

If I do go, I'll surely welcome some fellow WA arfcommmers to come out and play. Tacoma Sportsman's club most likely. :)
Link Posted: 6/8/2006 3:31:18 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I saw a video of everyone blasting away with F2000s. At one point, the cases no longer came out of the chute. They just collected and collected. Eventually, one of the shots sent out over a dozen empty cases all at once. I'd imagine that in certain unusual instances (shooting at an upright angle at high elevated targets, or someone stuffed a sock into your ejection chute) it could result in a malfunction.

I also don't like the idea of a white plastic piece guiding the spent cases. Plastic can be stronger than steel, but seeing how cheesy the plastic was on my PS90, I have my doubts on the F2000. The texture makes the plastic look and feel better than the normal cheap Chinese plastic.

Linky to the video??
Link Posted: 6/8/2006 4:32:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Bring on the Covenant Forces and the Flood.

Dang it......that is very cool.    I want one.  I just don't want to pay for one.

At 1k I would be in realistic territory, although, I guess my newest AR has almost that much, if you include optics.
Link Posted: 6/8/2006 4:59:29 PM EDT
[#50]
F2000 Video

It wasn't loading for me just now, but I saved it to my HD awhile ago. IIRC, that was the video where CMMG and a few others were shooting F2000s (full auto). Watch closely at the first shooter. Sometimes more shells are coming out than he fired with one trigger pull. The second shooter is an even better example - note how NO CASES were ejected for the first few shots, then a bunch suddenly swarm out. There is no correlation between this phenomenon and actual malfunctions, but Murphy's law can still apply.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top