Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/8/2006 11:16:29 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC the FS2000 is designed to hold a certain amount of shells in the chute before ejecting them.  I'd venture to assume most shooters wont be engaging aircraft with these rifles or won't be engaging in celebratory fire either.  I also imagine that the engineers at FN, with a proven track record at designing and fielding military weapons addressed these issues during design and testing.  Regardless of the concerns addressed by anonymous posters on the internet, there's plenty of room for one of these baby's in my safe.
Link Posted: 6/8/2006 11:19:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
IIRC the FS2000 is designed to hold a certain amount of shells in the chute before ejecting them.  I'd venture to assume most shooters wont be engaging aircraft with these rifles or won't be engaging in celebratory fire either.  I also imagine that the engineers at FN, with a proven track record at designing and fielding military weapons addressed these issues during design and testing.  Regardless of the concerns addressed by anonymous posters on the internet, there's plenty of room for one of these baby's in my safe.

Even if the gun is pointed up or, the ejection chute has matter lodged into it - it will force out the remaining shells...
Link Posted: 6/8/2006 11:38:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I never thought it was an issue.  So where can I get one?
Link Posted: 6/8/2006 11:43:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Interesting, I'd be interested in the range report.   I do worry about the long term durability of the plastic in the operating mechanisms.   I wonder if age will make it brittle and of course how much replacement parts would cost.   With the potential for spare parts being hard to obtain in the future it might be prudent to buy an extra FCG and any of the small parts that may fail.
Link Posted: 6/8/2006 11:51:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Western WA is one place where OD green absolutely, positively fits the landscape.
Link Posted: 6/9/2006 7:40:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Interesting, I'd be interested in the range report.   I do worry about the long term durability of the plastic in the operating mechanisms.   I wonder if age will make it brittle and of course how much replacement parts would cost.   With the potential for spare parts being hard to obtain in the future it might be prudent to buy an extra FCG and any of the small parts that may fail.

FWIW the polymer appears to be resilient enough that it can "polish" the metal surfaces. I recall some plastics that can be mixed with molybdenum disulfide or PTFE for abrasion resistance or lubricity.
I do notice only minor wear on the hammer from contacting the firing pin, but nothing drastic. I suspect that while the polymer is fairly wear resistant, it isn't cut resistant. The necks of spent cases can be fairly sharp and can gouge out the plastic; I had a .223 Remington case cut a hole on my arm. This, however, should not affect the reliability of the weapon (PS90 or FS2000).

My PS90 steel cocking handle assembly is "polished" wherever it meets the plastic frame. The breech block is "polished" where it glides over the hammer and frame.
Link Posted: 6/9/2006 7:56:37 AM EDT
[#7]

interesting !
Link Posted: 6/9/2006 9:42:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Those asking about the barrel, there is a simple answer for it. The barrel itself is 16inches and the reason the FH is perminatly attached is so that it does not have an extra evil feature for import purposes. Once could unpin it and put something else on and pin it back. My whole arguement is that it was for import approval purposes only and the FS2000 was never banned for import in any configuration. One should not have to worry about evil features if you want to put another FH on.
Link Posted: 6/9/2006 11:06:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Those asking about the barrel, there is a simple answer for it. The barrel itself is 16inches and the reason the FH is perminatly attached is so that it does not have an extra evil feature for import purposes. Once could unpin it and put something else on and pin it back. My whole arguement is that it was for import approval purposes only and the FS2000 was never banned for import in any configuration. One should not have to worry about evil features if you want to put another FH on.

WOULD THE PINNED FLASH SUPPRESSOR HAVE TO DO WITH TOTAL OVERALL LENGTH OF THE RIFLE? MAKING IT THE REQUIRED MINIMUM.
Link Posted: 6/9/2006 11:17:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'll be interested to see if the gun holds open on the last round or not at the range. I'll be a little disapointed if it doesn't. I'm on the pre-order list and this is the first I've heard about it. In fact I emailed and asked specifically if it had a lrbh and was told it did.

This is concerning

Other then that sweet rifle! It looks awesome, especially with that EOtech on it.

I know for a fact that it does not have a last round hold open. you can however lock the bolt back manualy like the AUG(manualy),HK method
Link Posted: 6/9/2006 11:21:32 AM EDT
[#11]
tag
Link Posted: 6/9/2006 1:07:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

However there aren't any aftermarket barrel options... yet
Link Posted: 6/9/2006 3:24:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/9/2006 5:10:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Sorry - I think that thing is butt ugly. Way too much plastic for plastic sake. I looks like there's plenty of hollow space inside the buttstock and forestock for an MP3 player and an AM-FM radio.

Sounds like a new market for Tapco.
Link Posted: 6/9/2006 6:47:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Sorry - I think that thing is butt ugly. Way too much plastic for plastic sake. I looks like there's plenty of hollow space inside the buttstock and forestock for an MP3 player and an AM-FM radio.

Just  jealous.  
Link Posted: 6/9/2006 7:13:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
www.hunt101.com/img/412004-big.JPG

Does the USGI cleaning kit fit into the bottom slot?
The PS90 has a cavity above the hammer group that is supposedly designed for the cleaning kit (or Form 4 papers).

The FS2000 hammer group looks very much like the PS90 hammer group (there are some differences of course).

Thanks for the extra pics!

No! The battery pack for the F2000 optics suite goes into the second set of rails!

Very cool rifle Cry_Havoc37.  You lucky bastard.

I'd like to know, more than anything, how many people oogle and drool over your new baby at the range.

Oh yeah, and in case I forgot to say, you're a lucky bastard.
Link Posted: 6/9/2006 7:36:43 PM EDT
[#17]
VERY NICE!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/9/2006 9:33:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Plastic can be good I just used mine to cook dinner in the microwave

I mostly hate plastic, I hope this damn thing holds up
Link Posted: 6/10/2006 4:42:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Awesome pics of a nice rifle.

Thanks for posting.

Link Posted: 6/10/2006 10:26:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Congratulations on a nice rifle.
Sorry if this has already been covered, but can the iron sights be used with the EOTech on it?

TIA

Seydou
Link Posted: 6/10/2006 10:29:05 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Congratulations on a nice rifle.
Sorry if this has already been covered, but can the iron sights be used with the EOTech on it?

TIA

Seydou

no, the iron sights are strickly for backup use. In case of emergency, flip up the rear sight and hope they are aligned. LOL.

these were designed for optics use. In fact, I'm going to remove the front sight today.
Link Posted: 6/10/2006 10:29:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Hey RS,

was that you at Fed Way discount guns yesterday picking up two of these FS2000's?

Link Posted: 6/10/2006 3:37:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Well what is the range report!?!?

Now I am not the best person to ask as I probably have 4 guns I have never shot in my safe (don't actually know, would have to do an inventory - ), BUT - an FN FS 2000! Shoot - I would have to shoot that thing ASAP.

Link Posted: 6/10/2006 3:54:14 PM EDT
[#24]
beautiful  gun....have you shot it yet?
Link Posted: 6/10/2006 7:03:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
beautiful  gun....have you shot it yet?

Nope not yet. My goal is to finish cleaning my office and the garage...you know where this is going, and who passed down the edict that if I want to play, I have to pay. LOL

My computer room/office and the garage were a pit, so I spent the entire day cleaning.
Sunday is a day of rest and making things go pow pow pow....etc

Range report due tomorrow, I have to sight this eotech in now.

Tacoma Sportsmans Club tomorrow if anyone wants to do some shooting as well.
Link Posted: 6/10/2006 7:05:06 PM EDT
[#26]

Oh yeah, and in case I forgot to say, you're a lucky bastard.

haven't been called a bastard yet in this thread.
Link Posted: 6/10/2006 7:08:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Very nice. The more pics I see and the reviews I read have made me put this #2 right behind the Nighthawk GRP on my list.
Link Posted: 6/10/2006 8:15:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks for all the pics.  At first I wasn't interested in this gun, but you've got me thinking.
Link Posted: 6/11/2006 5:34:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Weight?
Link Posted: 6/11/2006 6:38:45 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Weight?

I'm at about 180lb's right now. Thanks for asking!
Link Posted: 6/11/2006 6:47:13 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Weight?

He meant the FS2000
The catalog says about 7.6 lb empty. The only way to find out for sure is weigh the actual FS2000.
The catalog has been known to be wrong . Just as a comparison, my PS90 w/ a fully loaded 50rd mag is 7.5 lb, but the cartridges and the weapon itself is smaller. The balance of the Fs2000 makes it feel lighter than it appears.
Link Posted: 6/11/2006 9:28:48 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Weight?

He meant the FS2000
The catalog says about 7.6 lb empty. The only way to find out for sure is weigh the actual FS2000.
The catalog has been known to be wrong . Just as a comparison, my PS90 w/ a fully loaded 50rd mag is 7.5 lb, but the cartridges and the weapon itself is smaller. The balance of the Fs2000 makes it feel lighter than it appears.

The PS90 is 7.5#! Damn! I thought it was like 3-4 pounds from holding it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2006 4:13:46 PM EDT
[#33]
What's the twist rate?
Link Posted: 6/11/2006 4:24:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Found out it's 1/7
Link Posted: 6/11/2006 6:36:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Are you guys sure the twist on the FS is 1/7? I emailed FN about it and they said it was 1/9.
Link Posted: 6/12/2006 12:56:56 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Are you guys sure the twist on the FS is 1/7? I emailed FN about it and they said it was 1/9.

The owner's manual apparently says 1:7 right hand twist. FN told me it was 1:9.
Link Posted: 6/12/2006 1:29:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Lack of a last shot BHO would be kind of a bummer.

That's what's kept me out of H&K's, and would be what keeps me out of FN's if that proves to be the case.

What do Europeans have against BHO's?
Link Posted: 6/12/2006 2:48:38 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

That's what's kept me out of H&K's, and would be what keeps me out of FN's if that proves to be the case.

They don't like drop-free mags, BHOs, and they absolutely love integrated/reflex sights for some odd reason.

I still like my AR15s more than my PS90.
Link Posted: 6/12/2006 3:02:22 AM EDT
[#39]
cool.
Link Posted: 6/12/2006 6:05:40 AM EDT
[#40]
The rear sling attachment point seems like it might be weak.  Is it renforced?  But I am soooo.... envyous of you.  I have one on order through impact.
Link Posted: 6/12/2006 6:34:55 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
The rear sling attachment point seems like it might be weak.  Is it renforced?  But I am soooo.... envyous of you.  I have one on order through impact.

I can't speak for the FS2000, but the PS90 uses a similar sling mount. The plastic is very stiff, but there's a LOT more material with the PS90 than with the FS2000...
Link Posted: 6/12/2006 8:18:20 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
.....Congrats!

what 5 handguns did you trade? did the EoTech come w/ it (something tells me "no")?

tag for the range report

i wish that there was not so much damn plastic on the buttstock area....just saving off an in. of it would make it a heck of a lot more compact!

No, the Eotech was off another one of my AR carbines. Fits and looks soo nice on the FS2000.

The pistols I traded in were the following

Glock32
CPO Sig P220ST
Para Ordinance CCW .45 LDA
Kahr K9
Glock 26.

Even trade, and no tax. Pretty sweet since these pistols were my trade bait and would not normally see the light of day out of my safe.

Nothing too fancy. The only one that hurt to get rid of was the Para, but since I have a Kimber Tactical Pro II, I could allow the Para to find a new home.

I'm not sure when I can get to the range, but perhaps this saturday might be a go assuming its not raining hard.

If I do go, I'll surely welcome some fellow WA arfcommmers to come out and play. Tacoma Sportsman's club most likely. :)

sounds like a great trade actually!

tag again for range review!
Link Posted: 6/12/2006 9:11:07 AM EDT
[#43]
The giant rear end of this rifle might contribute to quick target aquisition from low ready. Like it has got a built in duostock since it has so much surface area.

If I have my head erect and go from a low ready to nose to charging handle on my ARs, the very EDGE (1/4) of the stock on the AR is in contact with my shoulder. This totally elminates the value of an having an inline design for recoil reduction since the fulcrum is on my shoulder while the recoil impulse is above my shoulder.

I haven't gotten to handle an FS2000 yet, but I do wonder if its large rear end would allow it to be shot more comfortably from low ready than an AR15. I am sure you could bring them up to your eyes just as quickly, but one will have more contact with your shoulder than the other.
Link Posted: 6/12/2006 8:33:50 PM EDT
[#44]
tag
Link Posted: 6/12/2006 11:42:42 PM EDT
[#45]
tag
Link Posted: 6/12/2006 11:44:55 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Well, if I understand the ejection mechanism correctly, the bolt has to close to completely eject the shell out of the action.  If there was a BHO the last shell would end up just sitting in the action and not get shot down the forward ejection tube.
Link Posted: 6/13/2006 12:57:31 AM EDT
[#47]
for 4000.00 you can get both fs2000 and the ps90 on gunbroker.

gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?item=50442726
Link Posted: 6/13/2006 1:10:30 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
The giant rear end of this rifle might contribute to quick target aquisition from low ready. Like it has got a built in duostock since it has so much surface area.

If I have my head erect and go from a low ready to nose to charging handle on my ARs, the very EDGE (1/4) of the stock on the AR is in contact with my shoulder. This totally elminates the value of an having an inline design for recoil reduction since the fulcrum is on my shoulder while the recoil impulse is above my shoulder.

I haven't gotten to handle an FS2000 yet, but I do wonder if its large rear end would allow it to be shot more comfortably from low ready than an AR15. I am sure you could bring them up to your eyes just as quickly, but one will have more contact with your shoulder than the other.

It's the height of the sights over the bore axis that contributes to a "full" shoulder stock. My PS90 has its sights 3.75" over the axis of the bore, while the AR is only 2.5" and the AK is 2" (with an offset stock from the bore).
Link Posted: 6/13/2006 1:20:16 AM EDT
[#49]
tag
Link Posted: 6/13/2006 2:08:21 AM EDT
[#50]
tagged to read later
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top