Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/13/2006 7:32:54 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The giant rear end of this rifle might contribute to quick target aquisition from low ready. Like it has got a built in duostock since it has so much surface area.

If I have my head erect and go from a low ready to nose to charging handle on my ARs, the very EDGE (1/4) of the stock on the AR is in contact with my shoulder. This totally elminates the value of an having an inline design for recoil reduction since the fulcrum is on my shoulder while the recoil impulse is above my shoulder.

I haven't gotten to handle an FS2000 yet, but I do wonder if its large rear end would allow it to be shot more comfortably from low ready than an AR15. I am sure you could bring them up to your eyes just as quickly, but one will have more contact with your shoulder than the other.

It's the height of the sights over the bore axis that contributes to a "full" shoulder stock. My PS90 has its sights 3.75" over the axis of the bore, while the AR is only 2.5" and the AK is 2" (with an offset stock from the bore).

I would think it would be an either or, no?

You can have a large difference between barrel and sight offset, or you could have more stock to allow you to raise the sights to your face while still having a good amount of contact on your shoulder.
Link Posted: 6/13/2006 8:24:55 AM EDT
[#2]
5-7 pistol and F2000 are "Splinter Cell" approved..whats all this crap about HALO?

Very nice looking weapon you have.
Link Posted: 6/13/2006 7:43:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/13/2006 9:38:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
beautiful  gun....have you shot it yet?

Nope not yet. My goal is to finish cleaning my office and the garage...you know where this is going, and who passed down the edict that if I want to play, I have to pay. LOL

My computer room/office and the garage were a pit, so I spent the entire day cleaning.
Sunday is a day of rest and making things go pow pow pow....etc

Range report due tomorrow, I have to sight this eotech in now.

Tacoma Sportsmans Club tomorrow if anyone wants to do some shooting as well.

So wheres the range report?
Link Posted: 6/14/2006 8:20:58 AM EDT
[#5]
All I can say is WOW!

Nice Rifle Dude!

Maybe one day I will have one.
Link Posted: 6/14/2006 9:54:46 AM EDT
[#6]
tag
Link Posted: 6/14/2006 12:54:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The rear sling attachment point seems like it might be weak.  Is it renforced?  But I am soooo.... envyous of you.  I have one on order through impact.

According to pics I've seen, the rear sling mount slits are not meant to be used singularly. Rather, the rear sling webbing would go around both sides of the buttstock, through both slits and then get fastendened in with some sort of Fastest loop holder thingy.

I suppose you could just use one side of the sling mount, but then I would question the strength of that hold...

I SHOULD be able to go shooting on Sunday. After all its fathers day and the ol lady can't make me do yard work on that day!!!

Link Posted: 6/14/2006 2:38:37 PM EDT
[#8]
^ HAHAHAHA how many years you been married?
Link Posted: 6/14/2006 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The rear sling attachment point seems like it might be weak.  Is it renforced?  But I am soooo.... envyous of you.  I have one on order through impact.

According to pics I've seen, the rear sling mount slits are not meant to be used singularly. Rather, the rear sling webbing would go around both sides of the buttstock, through both slits and then get fastendened in with some sort of Fastest loop holder thingy.

I suppose you could just use one side of the sling mount, but then I would question the strength of that hold...

I SHOULD be able to go shooting on Sunday. After all its fathers day and the ol lady can't make me do yard work on that day!!!

Could you put the sling through 1 side and pull it out the other? thanks for responding to my question.
Link Posted: 6/15/2006 11:34:09 PM EDT
[#10]
OK Range report of sorts, I got my FS delivered today so took the a few minutes to zero my EOTECH on the indoor 100.

Only managed to run 90 rounds through but was very impressed, very little felt recoil easy to shoulder and bring back onto target for follow on shots. I am used to the feel of the design as I am ex British Army and used to the SA80. but this beast feels so much better.

It's a solid piece of equipment and in no way gives away it composite consturction.

One handed opperation is great and all drills can be done without removing control hand from the FC area, all the controls are large well placed and easy to find.

The ejection mechanism takes some getting used to it kind of spews when it feels like it a couple at a time, and the one down fall I have noted thus far is the lack of last round hold open.

I would also say that the cocking handle is very easy to knock out of its locked position and tends to catch you out but I had already found this on  the F2000 that belongs to a friend of mine so I am over that issue.

Take down is a matter of one catch and very reminissant of the Steyr AUG as is the FCG pack.

The box includes a GI type FN marked mag (I am using HK mags), a lock and a tool kit with all the basic tools for looking after the weapon and a manual.

Overall I am pleased with my purchase, I am told there are 200 that have been shipped out to one Distributor only and that there may not be any more for a few months, again we were told this with the PS90 and then they all arrived so lets see.

If you have any questions I will do my best to answer I will be shooting it again over the weekend at longer range outdoors so l will see how that goes.
Link Posted: 6/19/2006 6:43:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Range report:

Got to escape for a few hours on Sunday to hit the range. Loaded up with lots of Federal M193 and some SS109, 30 round mags, my AR carbine pictured in the comparison photo, and my camelback filled with ice water. I was prepared for a long shoot.

Before I left, I cleaned the FS2000, removed the oil that she came shipped with, lubed all the moving bits with some CLP, worked the action and packed her up.

Since the Eotech wasn't sighted in on the FS2000, I only put up Shoot N See targets at 50 and 100 yards this time out.

The range wasn't overcrowded on Fathers Day. (A shocker) so I chose a lane far away from other shooters. After the range was declared HOT, I pulled the FS2000 out of its bag, and layed it down on top of it. This is a virgin rifle so I was preparing to deflower it. I needed to get the nerves settled down, like an 18 year old in the back seat on Prom Night.

The shooters who were next to me and had finished packing up, noticed this space age pea shooter and immediately came over to ask what the hell it was. I said its an FN FS2000!

The guy says, what? I say its an FN FS2000. He goes, its a FuckiNg cool FS2000? I said yup

So I slap in a loaded 30 rounder, turn on the Eotech, adjust the brightness, slap the charging handle like it was an HK, and flip the safety off.

A second or two of apprehension goes by, the kind you get when you first fire a weapon that you've never shot before. Squeeze the trigger, BOOM. I'm like, that's pretty loud..but damn hardly any recoil or more importantly, muzzle rise. BOOM, BOOM BOOM. This thing is pretty fucking sweet.

I proceed to pop off the remaining rounds in the mag. During this, smoke is billowing out of the upper receiver. The shipping oil that coats the barrel is cooking off. Since you really can't get to this portion of the barrel to clean, smoke is inevitable.

After shooting the 30 rounds, well actually 29 since the magpul anti tilts I use only allow 29 rounds in the mag, the barrel is HOTTTT. Since its a pencil barrel, I guess thats to be expected.

Well a crowd of sorts has gathered by this time. It would seem that this is the first time they have seen an FS2000 bullpup, and wondered where or how I got such a futuristic weapon. I said thats top secret and I can't divulge that information, however if you have the cash, run, don't walk to the gun store I won't mention here...Federal Way Discount Guns....for fear of being labeled a shill for their shop.

I slap in another 30 rounder and ask the guys next to me if they want to shoot her. I say the Eotech isn't sighted in yet, because I'm having too much fun to worry about that sort of thing just yet. Of course they say SURE... and I give them a quick overview of the function of the weapon.

Standing to the right and slightly behind, I get to watch the carbine being shot and watch how she ejects the shells.  It doesn't spit out each shell as they are ejected, but rather, when a couple are "in the Queue", it spits them out, one or two at a time. Nothing to worry about since they do come out...eventually. LOL

Now someone asked what happens when you shoot straight up or at a high degree of inclination. Well I don't know since I don't plan on shooting many top floor windows out, or shoot at low flying aircraft, but I would venture a guess to say that.....I don't know, buy one and try that scenario out yourself. The range master would have had my ass if I were to proceed to punch holes in the sky.

So this comes to what I would consider an interesting development.

I was a few rounds into a fresh mag, when the unthinkable, and kinda cool thing happened. Instead of a BOOM, I got a braappp. A rather short lived braap, but never the less, a braaap.

She sent off two rounds quick as could be. I looked around to see if anyone else noticed the unmistakable sound of auto fire, but noone noticed.

Now try as I might, I wasn't able to duplicate it, via different trigger pulls, ie, just to the point that the hammer falls, or similar to the AUG auto mechanism where you get semi by pulling the trigger half way, or full by pulling the trigger all the way to the rear... Nothing, no joy.

So when I felt like I was cooking off the barrel, I'd set her down to cool off and shoot the AR for a bit.

BIG difference between an AR and the FS2000. Big difference.

With an AR, even one that ain't lite, there is muzzle rise that of course takes you off target between shots, but with the FS2000, you are on target much quicker. Double taps and triple taps are quick, easy and relatively within the same area. I was shooting these comparisons standing up, verus sitting at the table with the weapon supported.

Standing position hold on target is much easier with the FS2000 than the AR but thats the benefit of a BullPup design. since the overall length of a bullpup is shorter, you are able to keep better control and stablize them better.

So all told, I shot 300 rounds through the FS2000. I did start out with the shoot one, run a bore snake through it, shoot a couple, clean, etc. But I didn't do that as prescribed by the owners manual. This is a combat, short range weapon. I'm not looking to have a 400 meter 1 MOA shooter from this thing...

No jams were experienced, but I will give you some advice.

SLAP that mag into the magwell like you were slapping the ass of your woman while you are.......nevermind, just slap it hard.

Now I've got two rifles to clean tonight when I get home. SHIT and I just cleaned them.

Link Posted: 6/19/2006 7:26:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Loaded up with lots of Federal ss192

Hmmm... Isn't SS192 a 5.7mm round?  
Link Posted: 6/19/2006 8:13:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Loaded up with lots of Federal ss192

Hmmm... Isn't SS192 a 5.7mm round?  

No wonder it was shooting the way it was.  LOL

SS109 62gr I meant to say.
Oh and I was shooting some standard XM193 55gr
Link Posted: 6/19/2006 8:28:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Excellent report! Thanks
Link Posted: 6/19/2006 8:32:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for sharing your range reports!  Neat rifle indeed.  Now the big mutli-million dollar question.  Would you pick it up if the local cemetary emptied out and zombies started strolling down the street?  Would you, personally, fight with that rifle?

Also a great many thanks for the photos!  I really enjoyed them.
Link Posted: 6/19/2006 8:38:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Far better range report than mine I just dont do book learning good.

I love my FS and it has now become my zombie weapon of choice
Link Posted: 6/19/2006 8:50:03 AM EDT
[#17]
We have the first vote for an anti-zombie rifle.  Next?
Link Posted: 6/19/2006 11:44:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Damn, after reading your report I got to get one now!!!
Link Posted: 6/19/2006 12:03:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Suprised no one else has posted this:

FN Herstal Awarded Major Contract for F2000 Assault Rifles

Leading manufacturer of small arms FN HERSTAL in Belgium is pleased to announce that the Ministry of Defence in Slovenia has recently adopted the  F2000 Tactical Assault Rifle and Grenade Launcher for all its Armed Forces. Deliveries will be completed in the course of next year

The F2000 won the competition after one year of successful tests carried out according to NATO standards by the Slovenian MoD.

The F2000 Assault Rifle 5.56 calibre, which combines innovative features, modern technology and top quality components, is short in length, light in weight, modular and capable of taking a variety of accessories to meet the diverse operational requirements facing modern military units today and in the future.

So at least one army is willing to give it a try as their go-to "zombie killer".
Link Posted: 6/19/2006 12:05:20 PM EDT
[#20]
So whenever Slovenia decides to take on an opponent in the theater of combat, we will know how well the rifle stands up to abuse.
Link Posted: 6/19/2006 12:16:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
So whenever Slovenia decides to take on an opponent in the theater of combat, we will know how well the rifle stands up to abuse.

Hopefully in a good cause...
Link Posted: 6/19/2006 1:56:27 PM EDT
[#22]
I JUST got back from handling one.....quite a strange gun...I wish it would have had optics on it but it was just out of the box.....

VEEEERRRRRRRRYYY strange weapon to me.....I felt that I needed Mjolnir ( HOW DO YOU SPELL THAT? ) body armor in order to get it to feel right.....

LOL...the first thing that popped into my head when I opened the box was...."hmmmmm...I need some Covenent to shoot!"
Link Posted: 6/19/2006 2:19:07 PM EDT
[#23]
The F2000 is in Battlefield 2, with the grenade launcher and FN scope.
Link Posted: 6/19/2006 3:17:55 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Thanks for sharing your range reports!  Neat rifle indeed.  Now the big mutli-million dollar question.  Would you pick it up if the local cemetary emptied out and zombies started strolling down the street?  Would you, personally, fight with that rifle?

Also a great many thanks for the photos!  I really enjoyed them.

I'd still rather have an AR. More weight and bulk to use as a club when you run out of ammo.
Link Posted: 6/19/2006 3:32:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I JUST got back from handling one.....quite a strange gun...I wish it would have had optics on it but it was just out of the box.....

VEEEERRRRRRRRYYY strange weapon to me.....I felt that I needed Mjolnir ( HOW DO YOU SPELL THAT? ) body armor in order to get it to feel right.....

LOL...the first thing that popped into my head when I opened the box was...."hmmmmm...I need some Covenent to shoot!"

Maybe I'm just getting old but what the hell does any of that mean???  
Link Posted: 6/19/2006 3:32:29 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

No kidding.
I got to handle the military model at an LE/Mil trade show here in Philly.
Looking down the sights, you really feel like you should be hearing Cortana's voice in your ear.
Link Posted: 6/19/2006 5:21:27 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe I'm just getting old but what the hell does any of that mean???  

I think they're referring to the videogame "Halo," although I'm getting a little long in tooth myself and can't be sure...
Link Posted: 6/19/2006 5:24:20 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No kidding.
I got to handle the military model at an LE/Mil trade show here in Philly.
Looking down the sights, you really feel like you should be hearing Cortana's voice in your ear.

I would LOVE to have Cortana's voice as a car security system warning.  LOL.

( yes, we referreth to Halo.....BUT ONLY HALO ONE!!! )
Link Posted: 6/20/2006 5:34:57 AM EDT
[#29]
The Tavor looks like the battle rifle from Halo 2.  I cannot express enough how delighted I am to live in a world where I can buy lethal weapons that look just like the weapons in my favorite videogames and perform even better in real life!
Link Posted: 6/20/2006 5:41:16 AM EDT
[#30]

You need 2 unlocks in the Special Forces class to get the F2000.
Link Posted: 6/20/2006 2:09:00 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
binky.blog.ocn.ne.jp/binky/images/f2000_gl_thumb.jpg

You need 2 unlocks in the Special Forces class to get the F2000.

Or just get BF2 SF.
Until I unlocked the G4, that was my favorite flag capture wep.
But the GL on it got nerfed, you have to land it ontop their feet.
Link Posted: 6/20/2006 4:09:10 PM EDT
[#32]
wait, the F2000 comes with SF? Does it allow you to use it on normal BF2 maps? I have SF but I haven't opened it yet
Link Posted: 6/20/2006 8:39:17 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
wait, the F2000 comes with SF? Does it allow you to use it on normal BF2 maps? I have SF but I haven't opened it yet

This thread has been officially HiJacked!!    LOL!!

Link Posted: 6/20/2006 10:25:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Nice pictures, I bought one from Federal way Discount two weeks ago and placed a Trijicon NSNTA01 scope on the rifle.
Link Posted: 6/21/2006 7:06:11 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Nice pictures, I bought one from Federal way Discount two weeks ago and placed a Trijicon NSNTA01 scope on the rifle.

Cool.

I tried it out with my TA31F, but I really much prefer the Eotech on mine.
Link Posted: 6/21/2006 2:50:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Ohh My God.... This is Awsome!!!

wiki.bf2s.com/weapons/unlocks/f2000

Im in a clan for BF2.... we all pine over the fs2000.

www.genesisknights.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116446

as soon as i seen the pics on the first page i knew i had to post a link to this topic on our forums.

The fs2000 has to be my favorite unlock becides the L96A1 snipers rifle, i havent gotten that far yet im only a sargent.
Link Posted: 6/21/2006 4:52:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Hell, I just want one so I can freak people out with it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2006 1:43:03 PM EDT
[#38]
God damn kids hijacking my thread with all this nonsense about Halo and BattleField II Special Forces.  GRRR...

Actually, I am playing Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter for PC. No F2000 in it though, that I've seen yet anyways.

Going to break out the FS2000 again this weekend. I'm going to try and see if its relatively accurate and use the Acog for 200 yard shots, bench rested.
Link Posted: 6/22/2006 3:25:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Do give us another report, I am interested to see how it does at 200 yds.
Link Posted: 6/22/2006 5:56:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Oh my, I am old enough to remember when people were leary of plastic dashboards in cars!

Looking to hear more, great looking rifle.

Bill
Link Posted: 6/26/2006 11:49:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Well I went out to the range with Teknic on Saturday. Was there for about 4 hours all in all. Very hot, but a fun environment when there are other enthusiastic shooters at the range.

Since I had just finished building a lightweight KISS AR, I wanted to shoot that and to get her broken in. Plus I brought pretty much the entire arsenal including my 26" Remington 700P.

So I did not mount the Acog to the FS2000 as I had just gotten the Eotech sighted in and I didn't want to screw with the Zero..

But I did shoot the FS2000 a bunch more, and John also shot it a bunch. Since this is probably REV 1 of this carbine, I've really got to think there may be some sort of recall on the trigger pack.

The last time out, it only doubletapped once. This time, It happened at least 4 times. I put perhaps 150 rounds through it this session. I've been reading that there have been three round bursts as well. So me thinks as time marches on and more of these get shot, perhaps FN may have to go to the drawing board and do something about the trigger kit.

I'm just being honest so I felt I'd talk about the two rounds going downrange with one trigger pull, ya know..
Link Posted: 6/26/2006 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Well I went out to the range with Teknic on Saturday. Was there for about 4 hours all in all. Very hot, but a fun environment when there are other enthusiastic shooters at the range.

Since I had just finished building a lightweight KISS AR, I wanted to shoot that and to get her broken in. Plus I brought pretty much the entire arsenal including my 26" Remington 700P.

So I did not mount the Acog to the FS2000 as I had just gotten the Eotech sighted in and I didn't want to screw with the Zero..

But I did shoot the FS2000 a bunch more, and John also shot it a bunch. Since this is probably REV 1 of this carbine, I've really got to think there may be some sort of recall on the trigger pack.

The last time out, it only doubletapped once. This time, It happened at least 4 times. I put perhaps 150 rounds through it this session. I've been reading that there have been three round bursts as well. So me thinks as time marches on and more of these get shot, perhaps FN may have to go to the drawing board and do something about the trigger kit.

I'm just being honest so I felt I'd talk about the two rounds going downrange with one trigger pull, ya know..

The FS2000 folks have at least Rev II of the trigger packs because you have the white plastic frames. PS90s first came with an all black hammer group and eventually went over to a white hammer group a few months before the FS2000s hit the market.
Link Posted: 6/26/2006 12:50:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Just got off the phone with FNHUSA  ..A guy named Bob. He said the FS2000 group all have left for the day but they will call me back tomorrow.

He took some info down and asked how many rounds approximately I've shot.

He mentioned that he talked with another owner about an hour ago, who called to report his going three round burst.

Link Posted: 6/26/2006 2:20:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Is there anything visibly damaged in the hammer group? A broken disconnector perhaps? My PS90 has 2 "disconnectors". One is at the base of the hammer that prevents it from releasing until the breech block moves over it in a certain position. The other is a standard disconnector.
Link Posted: 6/26/2006 3:03:24 PM EDT
[#45]
How fast are mag changes compared to the AR?
Link Posted: 6/26/2006 4:39:51 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Is there anything visibly damaged in the hammer group? A broken disconnector perhaps? My PS90 has 2 "disconnectors". One is at the base of the hammer that prevents it from releasing until the breech block moves over it in a certain position. The other is a standard disconnector.

no damage and nothing broken. It looks like the hammer is not being pushed back far enough when cycling at times. Its pushed back far enough to lock the hammer back, but the sear does not always engage the notch at the base of the hammer.

I'll know more tomorrow when I get a call back from the FS2000 group at FN

As far as mag changes, since the FS2000 does not drop a mag free with the push of a button, its not going to be as fast as an AR, but with practice, its pretty quick and releasing the mag and pulling it out can be accomplished in one fluid, rather rapid motion.
Link Posted: 6/26/2006 10:46:50 PM EDT
[#47]
A friend shot mine and it doubled twice shooting a 30 rd mag. I've never had it double when I shot it or when his wife did. I'd be curious to see what FN says.

Quoted:

Quoted:

The FS2000 folks have at least Rev II of the trigger packs because you have the white plastic frames. PS90s first came with an all black hammer group and eventually went over to a white hammer group a few months before the FS2000s hit the market.

Link Posted: 6/27/2006 12:59:58 AM EDT
[#48]
What are your round counts so far?

If nothing in the hammer group is broken, I suspect its from short stroking if the hammer isn't being pushed down all the way.
Link Posted: 6/27/2006 1:55:08 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

no damage and nothing broken. It looks like the hammer is not being pushed back far enough when cycling at times. Its pushed back far enough to lock the hammer back, but the sear does not always engage the notch at the base of the hammer.

That is proof enough to me that the plastic trigger group is to save money and not for engineering reasons. If nothing is broken there is NO reason that this should be happening. Ever. Let alone a common occurrence.

$2k+ and now you are a felon - congratulations.

Mine is on the way (supposedly ) I am just pretty disapointed in this stuff.
Link Posted: 6/27/2006 2:52:25 AM EDT
[#50]

On the PS90, the sear surface is pretty much similar to the AK (near the top of the hammer) but with a minor difference:

The location where the AK's hammer is caught by the disconnector is the sear surface on the PS90 hammer. The location of the AK hammer sear surface(s) is caught by the disconnector claws on the PS90 (sort of like a double hook Ak FCG).

The notch at the base of the hammer (ala AR-15) is not the sear nor is it connected to anything with the trigger on the PS90. The trigger rods push the disconnector back enough to release the hammer. After messing around with it, I found that a safety mechanism is controlled by the breech block. Basically if the breech block so much as moves back, that mechanism locks into the notch of the hammer preventing its release (even when you release the disconnector). When the bolt goes home, the mechanism releases the notch but by now the hammer is already caught by the disconnector preventing its release. There's also a metal drop safety that prevents the disconnector from moving if the metal drop safety so much as moves 1 mm.

I wonder how different the FS2000 hammer group is compared to the PS90.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top