User Panel

Page / 30
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 7:32:54 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Everybody needs to check their fire.

+1

It's way to easy to get carried away with this. I'm done posting, I've said what I had to say.

Nope.

We are coming down on that asshole like a ton of bricks - I guarantee you there are executives pissing themselves right now.
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 7:33:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Nope.

We are coming down on that asshole like a ton of bricks - I guarantee you there are executives pissing themselves right now.

I gotta give you +1 to that too.
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 7:35:29 PM EDT
[#4]
My humble post:

I am truly amazed not only by your lack of understanding of modern firearm technology, but by your admission of never having seen one of these "assault rifles" used in the hunting field. I guess you really have been living in a vacuum! I own a couple of AR15's, and I assure you that there are many many coyotes, groundhogs, crows, and other game species who could attest to the hunting efficiency of these fine rifles...if they were still alive. I would urge you to avail yourself of an AR15 flat top precision rifle, take it on your next coyote hunt (with some fine Remington ammo, of course) and see for yourself how wrong you are. I can only hope you seek to get out of your "vacuum" and educate yourself. As others have stated here, "United we stand, divided we fall".
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 7:35:42 PM EDT
[#5]

I can not believe that a fellow American is so willing to call me a terrorist and feed me to the wolves to save his own precious brood of boltguns.  I am deeply saddened and disturbed by this.  This flies in the face of all that we should believe in and all that many hundreds of thousands fought and died for.  I own and use guns of many varieties.  They are tools.  To use the argument that certain guns are only meant for killing is preposterous when ANY gun can be used for such a purpose.  I cannot believe that there are throngs of "great white hunters" out there that do not believe that we as Americans have the right to defend ourselves against criminals and tyranny.  I cannot believe that I and all others who have an AR15 or AK47 have been offered up as sacrifices by those who obviously do not deserve their guns for they have forsaken the reason that we have them.  

Jim, I loath you and all others like you.  Your narrow minded, self serving view will be the death of us all before long.  

I should have signed it "We're here, we're Geared!  Get used to it!".....I wish i could remember who came up with that.

Link Posted: 2/17/2007 7:36:03 PM EDT
[#6]
he brought this upon himself, he sure didnt think before he spewed out this mess. he is going to hurt outdoor life and remington on this one.....

It makes me sick to even think that he actually thinks this way.  there is no way on Gods green earth will that SOB or that magazine will get a dime from me...
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 7:39:41 PM EDT
[#7]
It's actually a beautiful and wonderful thing to see the response to this -

There is hope! There are still men!

We are a goddamn silent majority!
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 7:40:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Mr. Zumbo, I am an avid hunter and have been enjoying this great sport for many years. I hunt upland birds with an over/under shotgun, varmints with a bolt action rifle as well as an AR-15, deer with bolt action, single shot, and AR-15 rifles, and have hunted Africa many times with bolt action rifles.

I am not a terrorist and am insulted by your article. You should be ashamed of your ignorance and the article you wrote. Please support all hunters and their right to own firearms or join the Brady Bunch. There is no middle of the road when it comes to supporting our firearms heratige.

I feel better now. Hope it did some good.

Best Regards,
HTG
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 7:42:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Spread the word to other forums!

Let's get the word out on this so both he and his editors remember this...
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 7:42:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Left my $.02 worth to Zumbo and to the editors. I can't understand where the Gunny (if he really is a Gunny) is coming from in his comments though. Hard to believe he is against us also.

As previously noted, the sig line is at the bottom.  I admit it does make it seem the other way around, but the Gunny did not post what you think he did.  His post is above his sig.

You are indeed correct. The gunny was rather eloquent. Must go back and edit my post know.

[Elvis] Thank You! Thank You, verah much!! [/Elvis]

You are very welcome Gunny! As a vet I couldn't believe a Marine would say something like that. My apologies and keep it safe.
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 7:48:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
My contribution (I did not attack Mr. Zumbo.  Instead I attempted to show him another perspective and urge him to unite rather than divide):

snip...

I must be living in a vacuum.

snip...

Thus, I urge you to re-think your knee-jerk emotional reaction against an artificially classified group of firearms that you perceive to be "terrifying", and work to unite instead of divide.  Please, remember that we stand together or hang alone.  

I chose to "quote" zrxc77 becuase he has a level-headed approach to most things I've read...

Here's mine:

Mr. Zumbo:

I am shocked! How does a man of your background came to such an inane (insane?) conclusion that the AR-15 is useless for hunting and a most especially a "terrorist rifle"?

The .223 is a .223 regardless of what rifle it comes out of! Great for some uses, and not others... For what it's worth, I've seen several AR-15s capable of shooting sub-MOA. (Last time I checked, that's plenty good for varmint hunting...)

Most of my thoughts have already been stated, but the bottom line is the Second Amendment isn't about hunting! The drivel in your statements helps nobody but the antis!

- My Remington .30-06 isn't a sniper rifle (but could be classified as such).
- My .357 Ruger GP-100 isn't a "law enforcement only" revolver (but could be classified that way)
- My 1" Muzzy broadheads aren't "too accurate/extreme" (YET)
- My flash hider, collapsible stock, and magzines WERE classified illegal (Happily, that day has temporarily passed for most of us... there are a few sad exceptions)

We could go on and on with multiple examples, but hopefully you appreciate how wrong your thinking is, and I hope you rethink your position.

Brian B.

Proud AR owner/user

Link Posted: 2/17/2007 7:49:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Posted to corporate feedback:

I have a comment about Jim Zumbo's Blog page.

Especially in this day and age of the rabid anti-gunners spreading lies and misinformation - with friends like this, why are we afraid of the Brady crew trying to take away our guns?

Please show me as one of the folks who will no longer be watching, and I hope Mr. Zumro is removed from his capacity with your organization.
(continued below)

{posted on blog}

As a descendant of one of the Minutemen emblazoned on the statue in Concord Massachussets, I take great offense at being labeled a "terrorist" because I happen to enjoy shooting the AR platform.

I would advise Mr. Zumro to forcibly remove his head from his rectum before he does any more damage to the shooting sports. Unless, of course, he's made a decision to become the designated "sensible hunting spokesman" for the VPC / Brady campaign to trot out every time they attempt to further restrict our shooting sports and need a mouthpiece.

Most of of us that enjoy shooting the AR platform are not using "Assault Rifles" - we are using semi automatic sporting rifles that are equipped with  "evil" black metal hardware, parkerized finishes, and plastic stocks, instead of "respectable" deeply blued barrels and actions in pretty laminated wood stocks. The few that actually do shoot "Assault Rifles" jump through myriad hoops and paperwork to be able to fire fully automatic weapons... and since no state or territory allows full autos for hunting, they are by nature excluded from this discussion.

While I respect his right to his opinion, in this day and age where there are those that would seek to disarm us by any means available, his comments only add ammo to the anti-gunners arsenals. Using the proven tactic of "divide and conquer", the anti-gunners use intimidating but vague terms like "assault" to try to fragment those within our sport, as well as convince non-shooters to support the prohibition of law abiding sportsmen (and women) from owning certain firearms.

Let me remind him of another recently used  intimidating but vague term proffered by anti-gunners: "Sniper rifle". It describes a weapon capable of 1 MOA accuracy, usually equipped with a telescopic sight, capable of striking a killing shot at distances in excess of 100 yards. And unlike so-called "assault weapons", they don't care about plastic or wood, blued or black, pistol grips or magazine capacity.

Does this sound vaguely like any of the "hunting" rifles in your collection, Jim? Because it looks a lot like the one you're holding in that picture at the top of this page.

Oh, in closing - the Second Amendment makes no reference to hunting, so don't hope for the courts to save you once the gun grabbers have succeeded in banning all the "non sporting" firearms, and then they come for your "hunting guns".
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 8:00:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It's actually a beautiful and wonderful thing to see the response to this -

There is hope! There are still men!

We are a goddamn silent majority!

Silent -until poked with a stick.
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 8:03:04 PM EDT
[#14]
my reply to jimbo zumbo:

Hey fellas - take it easy on Jim.

He is obviously trying to create a bit of controversy (publicity) here with his original statement. No one who purports to believe in hunting and gun ownership plus writes for Outdoor life could be so uninformed about guns and intentionally make a statement associating our armed forces and police with terrorists becasue of the weapons they use... or could they?

what an ass
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 8:06:02 PM EDT
[#15]
What a shitbag.  I have read his stuff before...not impressed, and the stupid cartoons that accompany his articles suck too.

Definately requires an arfcom firemission...
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 8:19:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Excellent replys guys. I like the one by Hillary Clinton.
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 8:21:41 PM EDT
[#17]
I replied to the blog and sent this e-mail out to people that might care.

These are the e-mail address I sent a e-mail too. IN the quote box is what I told them.

[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected]

height=8
Mr. Zumbo's actions have caused you to loose a customer.

Too whom it may concern,

Because of Mr. Zumbo's actions in his blog in which I attached the link too. I will no longer buy, watch, or participate with any product that is associated with Mr. Zumbo.

http://outdoorlife.blogs.com/zumbo/2007/02/assault_rifles_.html#comment-60823036

Thank you for reading this e-mail

John Boyette

Hope that gets the ball rolling.
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 8:24:01 PM EDT
[#18]
 Well, I got my post in over there.I will be letting the thousands of hunters I come into contact with about this.
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 8:25:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 8:25:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Wow, can you say OWNED

Link Posted: 2/17/2007 8:26:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Excellent turn out on the blog.  The gun boards are all lighting up with this.

Now channel all of this energy into writing your representatives in government and let them know what you think about any law which would restrict our rights.  Zumbo's just a has-been, and this will probably be the end of his fame, but our real fight is in the halls of congress.

'nuff said.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 8:26:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Jm is gonna have a little reading to do. Unfortunatly it probably won't change his mind.
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 8:28:22 PM EDT
[#23]
height=8
I replied to the blog and sent this e-mail out to people that might care.

These are the e-mail address I sent a e-mail too. IN the quote box is what I told them.

[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected]

Mr. Zumbo's actions have caused you to loose a customer.

Too whom it may concern,

Because of Mr. Zumbo's actions in his blog in which I attached the link too. I will no longer buy, watch, or participate with any product that is associated with Mr. Zumbo.

http://outdoorlife.blogs.com/zumbo/2007/02/assault_rifles_.html#comment-60823036

Thank you for reading this e-mail

John Boyette

Hope that gets the ball rolling.

What about the NRA?  Has anyone emailed them?  They might be very interested in this idiots perception of the 2nd amendment.
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 8:30:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Here's my letter....Hope everyone else wrote one too! What a Prick!!

Subject: Jim Zumbo

I am completely appalled at Mr. Zumbo's take on our 2nd. Amendment Rights! I Sir own an AR-15, as well as an AK-47!

Does that then, make ME a Terrorist!? Your IGNORANCE Sir...leaves no bounds!! You sir, should be ashamed of yourself!!

When you start trying to designate a particular type of rifle/handgun as being, "BAD" or "No Sporting Purpose"! You open the flood gates for the rest of our guns to be scrutinized by lawmakers as to a "Sporting Purpose!"

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

See this....Learn this!! NOTE: ("SHALL NOT BE INGRINGED")

Our 2nd Amendment says nothing about Hunting Rights!!

Mr. Zumbo, I respectfully ask you recant your statements about a couple of rifles I own, making me a Terrorist!!

I am wholeheartedly offended by this!

Link Posted: 2/17/2007 8:32:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 8:33:43 PM EDT
[#26]
What a sad, surprising thing to read. I just never expected such a thing from him.

Thank you Dave Fortier! Boy you gave him both barrels. Short, sweet and blunt. I've liked your writings long before this. And am happy to see someone of your caliber is firmly on our side.

Here's what I wrote:

Mr. Zumbo,

How disappointed I am to read this article. I've read Outdoor Life for many, many years. Starting as a teenager in the mid-70s. I basically grew up pheasant and quail hunting with my dad.

In the past several years I've enjoyed many of your articles and have come to respect your values and hunting ethics. But now that's all been flushed down the drain because of this one article. You see, the second rifle I purchased with my own money was an AR15 in 1979. I used it for prairedog hunting on the plains of Nebr. for many years. I now live in western Colorado and while I no longer hunt upland game I do hunt deer and elk. But I still own an AR15. In fact I shoot it much more frequently than I do my hunting rifles.

The old adage "I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend your right to say it" is a fine example of how we respect the freedom of speech recognized in the First Amendment but it's an attitude that is too sorely lacking in defending our beloved Second Amendment.

All firearms owners NEED to stand together and defend what each other owns and uses or we will surely suffer the fate Pres. Lincoln foresaw when he stated "A house divided will surely fall."

Sometimes we are our own worst enemies.

And you, Mr. Zumbo, will have a tough time redeeming yourself in my eyes.

Link Posted: 2/17/2007 8:37:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Message sent:

Mr. Zumbo,

A few wise words for you from a man you may have heard of...

"We must all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately."

-- Benjamin Franklin

Please place this quote in the context of your article Mr. Zumbo & ruminate on it.

I'm sure its meaning will become clear.

Best regards,

NY Patriot

Link Posted: 2/17/2007 8:37:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Very well said, Bumblebee_Bob.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Wow, some of those guys posting there are harsh. Funny, but harsh.
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 8:43:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 8:45:23 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Wow, some of those guys posting there are harsh. Funny, but harsh.

ROFL... like this??

Posted by: D. Holt | February 18, 2007 at 12:34 AM

Mr.Zumbo,

Do yourself a favor. Lie to everyone with an apology saying that you didn't mean what you said about "assault rifles". Blame it on being drunk or something, you Elmer Fudd idiot.

A masterpiece sir.
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 8:50:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Yeah, I see even Hillary and George Bush piped in too. Good stuff.
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 8:51:44 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Freaking Fudds.

Fucking stupid fudds.  

I didn't post this over there, but I posted it on my blog in Fall 2005.

Sunday, 18 September 2005
The Mark Of The Fuddite
Are you a Fuddite?

This guy sells to Fuddites (taken from article about Sarah Brady's troubles):

Meanwhile, John Massey, owner of Shooter's Supply in New Castle, is doing a brisk business -- in hunting equipment, not quasi-military rifles.

"We do a little bit of [business in assault-type guns], but it's not our main deal here," said Massey, who will order such a weapon if a customer asks.

"We prefer to carry the higher-quality guns," he said.

Found in the gunshows all across America, the Fuddite pursues his bolt-action, wood-stocked 40-year-old Remington with a zeal known only to a few gun owners. He can be seen on the range in October, often firing 3 -5 rounds, then packing up and heading for home, confident "his rig" will bag him a deer or an elk, and that nothing will go wrong with the rifle on the shoot. Often, the Fuddite can be found staring diconsolately at other gun owners who have weapons he disapproves of, like self-loading arms. "Whatcher need all dem bullits fer, son? Cain't you gits him onna' firs' shot?" he'll ask, a barely contained sneer apparent to all on his face.

The Fuddite is a steadfast defender of The Second Amendment, in which the government gives hunters the right to take game every October and November. He also drives $35K trucks into the woods, wears Blaze Orange and Camo "like they wuz goin' outta style," and can sometimes be found in a state of inebrieation, if a hunt is not yielding game.

As it is near fall, keep an eye out for the elusive Fuddite. He should appear at your local Gun Scam Show any time, now!

posted by: underwhelmed at September 18, 2005 21:34 | link | comments (2) |

I love the way the Fuddites tend to pop out every once-in-a-while, like roaches who live under your moldy deck.
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 8:52:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Hard to believe Jim Zumbo turned out to be such a back stabbing bastard, to hell with him.

And the magazine.

Link Posted: 2/17/2007 8:58:27 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm really lazy when it comes to typing but even I couldn't sit idly by and let Jim Zumbo's ignorance go unchallenged!  My response:

Jim Zumbo 2007: "-I call them "assault" rifles", "I see no place for these weapons among our hunting fraternity. I'll go so far as to call them "terrorist" rifles."

2008: Democratic controlled House and Senate emboldened by the mighty sportsman Jim Zumbo ban possession of "Terrorist Assault rifles" with no grandfather clause, turn 'em in folks.

Various gun control groups together with animal rights activists 2009: High power sniper rifles with sniper scopes capable of penetrating police body armor are readily available to terrorists with little or no background checks. No one in America "needs" to hunt as meat is readily available in the grocery stores; nowhere in the US Constitution is the "Right to hunt" enumerated.

2010: Possession of all centerfire and rimfire rifles and riflescopes are banned, turn them in folks.

Jim you really should know better, we have to hang together or we're going to hang separately on the issue of gun control. Please call your friends and find one that owns an AR-15 and try shooting it some afternoon, nothing serious, just throw some cans down range and have at it, you just might have some fun. If you come through Florida email me, I'll take you plinking with my wife, kids, and an AR-15, they all love shooting Ar-15 "Assault Rifles."
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 8:59:32 PM EDT
[#36]
My meager contribution:

I don't know who this Jim Dildo guy is, but due to his anti-(other than what he likes)gun and 2nd amendment views that are supported by Remington, I will never purchase another Remington firearm, bullet, or reloading component.

As for this Outdoor Life magazine, I've never read or subscribed to it, and now I have a good reason not to. Ever.

Thank you for selling law abiding Americans down the river, assholes.
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 9:03:30 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 Well, I got my post in over there.I will be letting the thousands of hunters I come into contact with about this.

Are you the guide?
Yes, I deal with waterfowlers and professional dog trainers full time.

I give seminars and attend banquets. I'm constantly around hunters. Everything from coondog guys to walleye pro's and africa big game.

I assure you that the hunters I know will be very interested in this.
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 9:04:07 PM EDT
[#38]
I had to post a second reply as I couldn't quite come up with a way to contact remington directly.

As an additional comment to go with my first posting at around 11:00pm I add this:

No Remington product will be purchased by anyone in my household again until Mr. Zumbo is off the Remington payroll. No publication will be on my coffee table again until Mr. Zumbo is likewise removed from the payroll.

I purchase and use 2,000 - 4,000 rounds of amunition every year for my AR-15 alone. At least another 500 - 1,000 in 9mm parabellum. God only knows how many .22LR cartidges. Until today, my .30-06, .30-30, and .25-06 ammunition has been remington. Also the few boxes of .38 spcl, and .410 ammunition have likewise been Remington.

"Give them the rifle, *SELL* them the cartridge" works both ways.

*on edit*
Damn, I got all worked up and forgot a part of the sentence pertaining to publications. It should read "no publication featuring MR. Zumbo will be on my coffee table...yatta-yatta...

Damn. Ah well...maybe I'll wind up scaring the shit out of the entire publishing industry
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 9:06:10 PM EDT
[#39]
My Contribution:

Jim,

I'm deeply saddened to see someone of your caliber thinking the way you are. As others have stated, the 2nd Amendment isn't about hunting. Hunting is a privilage given to us by the State. (A privilage in which I partake and enjoy. One I hope that my children will be able to enjoy). Owning firearms is a right given to us by our Founding Fathers. Protecting our families, property and Country is a liberty given to us by God.

Unfortunately, it appears that you have fallen victim to the liberal media and the anti-gun agenda. It will be people like you who feed these entities with the fuel they need to deliberately nibble at our rights until there are none left. Once they have "assault weapons" banned, there will be another like you saying, "I don't see the need for hunters to use sniper rifles to take game." Only then will you maybe understand where we are coming from.

For the sake of everyone reading this, I hope you are never forced to understand.

I will never pick up an Outdoor Life rag again. I will also be writing Remington about this.

"Tyranny is the exercise of some power over a man, which is not warranted by law, or necessary for the public safety. A people can never be deprived of their liberties, while they retain in their own hands, a power sufficient to any other power in the state." Federalist Noah Webster

Link Posted: 2/17/2007 9:08:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 9:09:30 PM EDT
[#41]
I ran across this article/contest when I went to the editor's page to see if there was a reaction to Zumbo's blog. I find it a shame he is willing to slam military type weapons but has no problems wanting our military to lower themselves to hunt with this dirtbag.

Would it be possible for one of our military members enter this contest and tell Zumbo, Outdoor Life and the editors what they think of this "opportunity"

http://www.outdoorlife.com/outdoor/hunting/article/0,19912,1196825,00.html

height=8
OUTDOOR LIFE BATTLE LINES
Military Service Contest

By The Editors

Answer this simple question and you could win a dream hunt with Jim Zumbo. Find out how.

February 2007

Answer this simple question…
HOW DOES BEING A HUNTER MAKE YOU A BETTER SOLDIER?
…and you could win a dream hunt with Jim Zumbo

If you are serving in the U.S. Military in Iraq or Afghanistan, or have served there at some time since October 2001, here’s the chance to win the hunting trip of a lifetime. Just tell us in 750 to 1,000 words how your hunting and fishing experiences have made you a better military man or woman in the field. Two winning essayists will join Hunting Editor Jim Zumbo and Canadian outfitter Prophet Muskwa for an all-expenses-paid hunt in British Columbia, and their essays will be published in Outdoor Life.

FOR DETAILS AND CONTEST RULES, CLICK HERE

To submit your essay via email, send it to [email protected].

Read Todd Smith's Editor's Journal from the May 2006 issue to find out more about Battle Lines. CLICK HERE
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 9:13:39 PM EDT
[#42]
I normally don't mess with replying to blogs, but this one pissed me off...

Here's the reply that I left:

"Mr. Zumbo, you and all of the other ignorant "elmer fudd" types had best wake up and smell the coffee before it's too late...this is an all-or-nothing fight for our rights that we are in.

Today, they're trying to take away our "assault rifles"...tomorrow, they'll be coming after your "sniper rifle".

You either support the right to keep and bear arms or you do not...period.

Judging from your attitude and assinine ramblings posted above, you appear to be little more than an elitist who does not care about the people's 2nd Amendment rights as a whole...as long as you can keep your bolt-action rifles, screw everyone else...

I truly hope you have the opportunity to carefully re-think your position...from the unemployment line.

It'll be a cold day in Hell before I buy another Remington product as long as you're on their payroll. I've budgeted for a .300 Win. Mag rifle this year...I WAS going to buy a Remington 700...now I'll be purchasing something from either the Savage or Browning product lines."

Hit 'em where it hurts, guys...THEIR BOTTOM LINE!!!

Link Posted: 2/17/2007 9:14:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Most the Sporting Goods stores I know of have a tack-board in the entrance.  Taxidermists, Guides, photos of fish and game, etc.  I made a print out to hang up with the Zumbo editorial along with a "call to arms" & some appropriate contact information.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 9:15:06 PM EDT
[#44]
My Replay:

AR-15, a terrorist rifle.

Perhaps you are the terrorist (of the 2nd amendment).

The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. If you didn't know the 2nd amendment has nothing to do with hunting nor is my choice of arms open for your approval.
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 9:15:43 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Message sent:

Mr. Zumbo,

A few wise words for you from a man you may have heard of...

"We must all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately."

-- Benjamin Franklin

Please place this quote in the context of your article Mr. Zumbo & ruminate on it.

I'm sure its meaning will become clear.

Best regards,

NY Patriot

Most eloquently said!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 9:17:53 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I ran across this article/contest when I went to the editor's page to see if there was a reaction to Zumbo's blog. I find it a shame he is willing to slam military type weapons but has no problems wanting our military to lower themselves to hunt with this dirtbag.

Would it be possible for one of our military members enter this contest and tell Zumbo, Outdoor Life and the editors what they think of this "opportunity"

http://www.outdoorlife.com/outdoor/hunting/article/0,19912,1196825,00.html

OUTDOOR LIFE BATTLE LINES
Military Service Contest

By The Editors

Answer this simple question and you could win a dream hunt with Jim Zumbo. Find out how.

February 2007

Answer this simple question…
HOW DOES BEING A HUNTER MAKE YOU A BETTER SOLDIER?
…and you could win a dream hunt with Jim Zumbo

If you are serving in the U.S. Military in Iraq or Afghanistan, or have served there at some time since October 2001, here’s the chance to win the hunting trip of a lifetime. Just tell us in 750 to 1,000 words how your hunting and fishing experiences have made you a better military man or woman in the field. Two winning essayists will join Hunting Editor Jim Zumbo and Canadian outfitter Prophet Muskwa for an all-expenses-paid hunt in British Columbia, and their essays will be published in Outdoor Life.

FOR DETAILS AND CONTEST RULES, CLICK HERE

To submit your essay via email, send it to [email protected].

Read Todd Smith's Editor's Journal from the May 2006 issue to find out more about Battle Lines. CLICK HERE

If I win, can I send Dick Cheney in my place?

j/k'ing....I like Dick Cheney!
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 9:17:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 9:18:13 PM EDT
[#48]
I spread the word over at Uzi talk, 1911 forum, and sigforum.com.

How bout you???
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 9:20:44 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Spread the word to other forums!

Let's get the word out on this so both he and his editors remember this...

Thank you for what you do.  

Link Posted: 2/17/2007 9:25:02 PM EDT
[#50]
I left a comment, it looks like the gun boards killed that blog.  
Page / 30
Top Top