Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:10:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Holy fucking shit.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:14:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Good luck .
Think about this :
They are the most widely  known Merc. group ever.
And dont kid yourself they are Mercs. Only they sold out  IMO.
If I was a Merc. no one would know except those who need a Merc.
shal I say more
BUT It may be  a good door to something better

You certainly do not know what you're talking about.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:15:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
only Blackwater folks I ever met seemedto be pretty cool characters. Now some of the Custer Battle yayhoos on the other hand, that was another story...

Didn't CB go belly up? I heard they lost all their contracts.

sure did, due to lots of $$$ disappearing and all kinds of other stuff like that...not evensure of the full story, but I saw a lot of the aftermath in early 05 in Iraq...

CB is no longer in business. They sold their assets to a Romainian based company, Danubia Global. The principals of CB are on trial for defrauding the CPA (Coalition Provisional Authority)
CB was about as fucked up as a soup sandwich.

Amen to that.  When a buddy of mine was offered contract with CB.  I asked around and was told he should run like a motherfucker.  When I got just some details, it was definately correct advice.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:22:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So everyone here is a Blackwater expert huh?
I am not , but I do alot of reading on these guys.
I grew in VB where most of the founders were stationed.
Great bunch, but they have "sold Out" I lost alot of repsect for them over the last few years.
they pay less than what the team members should be getting AND they are turning into a
coporate america type of gig. They need to go backl to their roots.

BTW anyone here a team member?
And NO he was not a janitor, but a "Groundsman" (take that for what you wish)

I'm no expert, but I can vouch for them.

I had the pleasure of some firearms training there. Met many of the staff, some of the contractors, and then some. Some of the nicest and knowledgable people in the biz. Its really an insult calling them Mercs.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:25:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have one of their pens.  

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:30:23 PM EDT
[#7]
why is it insulting to call them mercs? because they dont do offensive operations? im not trying to start a fight . it just seems like you guys are arguing over  semantics.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:31:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:32:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:36:10 PM EDT
[#10]
The people I meant at the Republican Palace were some of the most professional, smartest, security people I have ever meant. Maybe some of the teams, somewhere, are not too sharp, as in any organization, but the ones working for high profile subjects were the best in the world.

Definatly a very worthy postion to strive for.

Much better than mall nija! (Which sounds like where some people get their insight into the world of "death"

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:39:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
why is it insulting to call them mercs? because they dont do offensive operations? im not trying to start a fight . it just seems like you guys are arguing over  semantics.

Some antics?  I'm always up for some antics!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:43:43 PM EDT
[#12]
maybe you should look that up in the dictionary if its to big of a word for ya
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:49:11 PM EDT
[#13]
LOL, My cold remedy had me in left feild last night,
BUT they ARE Mercs. Yes I am a bit jealous.  Too old to worry about it.
The "Thug" statement was out of line.
The legal suit is real, and I would back them on the fighting of it.
The Upper leaders ( I think there is 3 founders) 2 are as flamboyant as all get out and I dont think that is professional!    

DO you think tehy do NOT do offenseive black ops? PLEASE!! They work for teh Gov't!! Wake the hell up. What better way than to hire Mercs to do the things you do not want to get caught doing!

NOW, as for the guys in the "shit" My heros!!
Do they know what they are doing? HELL YES, for the most part. They have gotten owned a few times, the nature of the game.
I do know they are not paying their guys..... wait,,,, thuse guys know what they were getting into when they joined up, so who I am I to say was is fair pay for being a " hired gun".

Flame on fellas!!!
I can take it
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:50:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Semantics. Offensive operations? I have a video of the BW guys in Najaf doing something, looks like offensive operations if you call shooting hajiis with guns offensive operations. Anyone who spends even a feww minutes researching BW knows they have been up to their eyeballs in hard core combat in Iraq. I have respect for the guys, and do not consider it offensive if I call them mercenaries. I can also use my education to read a dictionary. So if you can smell dictionary, maybe you can STFU and do not talk down to me pal. Just because you have posted here a bazillion times does not mean you are the ar15.com expert on military ops.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:50:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The Upper leaders ( I think there is 3 founders) 2 are as flamboyant as all get out and I dont think that is professional!    

DO you think tehy do NOT do offenseive black ops? PLEASE!! They work for teh Gov't!! Wake the hell up. What better way than to hire Mercs to do the things you do not want to get caught doing!

Do they know what they are doing? HELL YES, for the most part. They have gotten owned a few times, the nature of the game.
I do know they are not paying their guys..... wait,,,, thuse guys know what they were getting into when they joined up, so who I am I to say was is fair pay for being a " hired gun".

Flame on fellas!!!
I can take it

You need to lay off whatever it is you are on.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:56:09 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Flame on fellas!!!
I can take it

You need to lay off whatever it is you are on.

What makes you say that?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:56:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
maybe you should look that up in the dictionary if its to big of a word for ya

I guess you never saw Lethal Weapon 3.....
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:56:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Funny how folks who have not posted a 1000+ times on AR15 are always spoken down to by the mega posters. As if that means the thousand plus posters have some type of superior knowledge or information. Maybe it means that they spend all their time on the interent instead of doing jobs, having kids, you know, real life stuff. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:00:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Flame on fellas!!!
I can take it

no they aren't doing any sort of black-ops because "teh Gov't" as you call it already *has* people for that.  You know.....the guys most of the blackwater guys *used to be*?  Special Forces, SEALs, DELTA, Force-Recon.  You know...those guys?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:00:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Just for some information, the term/name "Blackwater" comes from the color of the water in this general area, that is from the peat moss. There's a section in southern Va. Beach, a road and the corporation named after it.

As for the OWNER, there has only been one owner there, ever.
Out of the four original employee's, three are still there. the one referred to as one of the initial owners, wasn't there until after some time.

There is a reason why they are such a huge, thriving organization today. Offering quality services to those requiring such a thing. It's amazing why the different "groups" attend there, isn't it?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:00:20 PM EDT
[#21]

You don't stumble across BW or BW folks. It is waaaaaaay out in the boonies and nobody has EVER gone there by accident. The damn place is hard enough to find ON PURPOSE.

You got that right.

Bomber
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:02:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Did you get the info that you wanted Pat?  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:02:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Flame on fellas!!!
I can take it

So it was Blackwater that shot Mr. Whittington.

"I do know they are not paying their guys..... wait,,,, thuse guys know what they were getting into when they joined up, so who I am I to say was is fair pay for being a " hired gun".

Can you decode that for me?

I don't think you are going to get flamed so much as ridiculed.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:03:34 PM EDT
[#24]

Anyways, Good luck mrraley, I hope you get the job. Please keep us posted.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:05:26 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Funny how folks who have not posted a 1000+ times on AR15 are always spoken down to by the mega posters. As if that means the thousand plus posters have some type of superior knowledge or information. Maybe it means that they spend all their time on the interent instead of doing jobs, having kids, you know, real life stuff. Just a thought.

I think it is funny, you post something that they "THINK" they know about or whatever. Not knowing anything about the person posting, such as in my case.
They have know idea where I grew up, how, or anything. If or at all I am involved with the Gubment.

I will say this  I grew up in and ON NOB and everyother base in the tidewater area. I have been on posts that were hit by BRAC, More ships than most Sailors. Seen stuff that the engineers have BUILT that no one here would believe. Talked to a few Big Brass from DC to Yuma.

Am I ex MIL? NO
Have I done a LOT of Gov't work? YES!

I bet 90% of the wanna be's have never even Heard of White Oak, and the signifigance it played in Nam!
SO I make a statement that piss' someone off and I am a goober , that is funny!
I could care less, but like one guy said,
YOU NEVER KNOW WHO IS  HERE!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:06:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Yes.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:09:16 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think it is funny, you post something that they "THINK" they know about or whatever. Not knowing anything about the person posting, such as in my case.
They have know idea where I grew up, how, or anything. If or at all I am involved with the Gubment.

I will say this  I grew up in and ON NOB and everyother base in the tidewater area. I have been on posts that were hit by BRAC, More ships than most Sailors. Seen stuff that the engineers have BUILT that no one here would believe. Talked to a few Big Brass from DC to Yuma.

Am I ex MIL? NO

I bet 90% of the wanna be's have never even Heard of White Oak, and the signifigance it played in Nam!

Woohoo!  A resume pissing contest!  This is gonna get good.  Can you give us details, or is it still classified?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:11:27 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Am I ex MIL? NO

Woohoo!  A resume pissing contest!  This is gonna get good.

No it is NOT, I would LISTEN to any BW member in a SECOND, as for the rest  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:27:53 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
no they aren't doing any sort of black-ops because "teh Gov't" as you call it already *has* people for that.  You know.....the guys most of the blackwater guys *used to be*?  Special Forces, SEALs, DELTA, Force-Recon.  You know...those guys?

sloooow down baby.  Talk more DELTA to me.  

Is it just me? or could Britney Spears have used some BLACKWATER protection when she went to  Starbucks?  Some high-profile celeb using BLACKWATER security.  Priceless.

I'm just playin' but the idea is still great.  I wonder how the paparazzi would do when faced with the presence of the Evil Black Rifle...

All jokes aside.  I never knew just how scared people really are of the AR-15.  Everytime I show someone mine they actually STEP BACK like it's a snake.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:35:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Wow, I thought I was gonna get a little insight on the original post--getting a job as an armorer with blackwater--I am also interested in the subject.
This turned into a big balls contest-- can we get back to the original point to this thread
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:44:52 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Wow, I thought I was gonna get a little insight on the original post--getting a job as an armorer with blackwater--I am also interested in the subject.
This turned into a big balls contest-- can we get back to the original point to this thread

ChunkyLover53 My appologies.... I say take it reguardless. It will look good on a resume'
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:50:51 PM EDT
[#32]
You will be entering in a realm of death.  I may start evey one of my posts with that.

FUCKING CLASSIC  

Bro has MAD NINJA SKILZZZZ!!!!

I can't quit laughing.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:53:41 PM EDT
[#33]
A member has sent me a note. I now stand corrected. A contractor is a former Marine, Army puke, Sailor, etc who engages in para-military type ops for the US government. A mercenary is someone who pimps themselves out to anybody, even undesirable elemetns like Hamas, etc. So I was wrong to call BW guys mercenaries and now can see a difference.

That said, BW guys have been involved in combat. And handled themselves very well.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:01:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Speaking of contractor companies over in the sandbox, how hard is it to get into some of the better ones?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:03:46 PM EDT
[#35]
just tell them that you have over 20,000 posts at AR15.com and they will know what a expert you are and take you on the spot.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:09:16 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Good luck .
Think about this :
shal I say more

IF IF IF......

And BTW why dont you show us your DD214 if your such a bada$$?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:10:28 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Good luck .
Think about this :
shal I say more

IF IF IF......

/Homer Simpson

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts.....   How does the rest of that go?

/Homer Simpson
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:42:33 PM EDT
[#38]

That said, BW guys have been involved in combat. And handled themselves very well.

I think Article 47 of the Geneva Convention covers the criteria for being a mercenary quite well.  Try reading it and youll probably realise where you went wrong.

There have been a number of threads on this 'mercenary versus contractor' topic, and they all end the same way.

BW hasnt been in any combat that I know of.  Being shot at a few times and defending yourself doesnt constitute 'combat' as far as I know.  If you mean Najaf, well, maybe one day the real story of the Najaf firefight will come out.  If you have sharp ears, you will get a clue listening to the soundtrack on the famous videos floating around the internet.  The  guys I know that were there have quite a different version of events than what Ive seen talked about on here.  Dont let the facts get in the way of a good story, though.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:48:10 PM EDT
[#39]

Omy... you did not just mention the Nam..... Im embarrased for you.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:54:25 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Am I ex MIL? NO
Have I done a LOT of Gov't work? YES

You have just described every Dept of Motor Vehicle Inspector and clerk I have had the pleasure in doing business with.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:59:37 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Am I ex MIL? NO
Have I done a LOT of Gov't work? YES

You have just described every Dept of Motor Vehicle Inspector and clerk I have had the pleasure in doing business with.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:00:14 PM EDT
[#42]
You know what?  When I was in the teams......never mind....my clearance won't let me speak.....disregard this post...really disregard.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:04:26 PM EDT
[#43]
this is some of the weakest flaming I have ever seen
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:20:08 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
this is some of the weakest flaming I have ever seen

Yeah, but it boosts their post counts.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:28:13 PM EDT
[#45]
mrraley:  Good luck to you in your job quest.  Sorry your thread got hijacked by a know-nothing moron.

Outsider_10fp :  I just don't know where to begin.  I'd chuckle at your comments if they werent so damned idiotic.  The Nam?  Mercs? You came from the town where 3-4 of the founders came from?
You are an assclown.  You have no idea what you're talking about and everyone here knows it (looks like cannoncockerUSMC got squared away.)

Please wow us with the tales of your government service in the Nam.  You said you weren't in the military, so it must be GS-14 classified right?  No, I know, you were a CIA paramilitary operative operating in Cambodia?

ETA:  A cop is a hired gun, a soldier is a hired gun.  Log off.  Please.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:35:08 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

+1

Pat is a good fellow.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:38:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Main Entry: 1mer·ce·nary
Pronunciation: 'm&r-s&n-"er-E
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -nar·ies
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin mercenarius, irregular from merced-, merces wages -- more at MERCY
: one that serves merely for wages; especially : a soldier hired into foreign service

I stand corrected!
My appologies!
But they are still hired guns
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:58:22 PM EDT
[#48]
1. Assclown  

One, who, through the fault of his parents conception, is a skid mark in society's collective underwear.

You, my good sir, are an assclown.

2. assclown  

1. A person who, while under the influence, makes a complete fool of himself while attempting humor. An assclown may wear an asshat.

2. A person who, while making a serious attempt as something, fails to realize what a complete fool he has made of himself.

3. An untalented schmuck.

A. That assclown thought he was being funny when he pretended to choke at the party, but  
            everyone thought he was just being foolish.

B. The actor, while in character, made such an assclown of himself during the production that
           most of the audience started to talk during his monologues.

C. That assclown can't play the guitar at all.

3. assclown

A person who is laughable and detestable at the same time.Usually
pretends to be a know-it-all,often enhancing their stories,knowledge,
experience,and every thing in between with pure bullshit.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:10:35 PM EDT
[#49]
you people READ what you WANT to read, NOWHERE did I say ANYTHING about what my role was in ANY Gov't situation OTHER than I have WORKED with OR FOR Uncle SAM!

And for a personal FLAME on ME because you cannot read, You sir are a Fucktard!

My Post about NAM was that of Whiteoak, NOT ANYWHERE did I say I WAS IN VN!!
Dumbass!!!

Now giving the fact that I have worked around the Mil and Gov't my entire life , did you ever think I may have EVER talked to ANYONE AT ALL????

NOW WHO IS THE ASSCLOWN ASSHAT AND DIPSHIT?!?!?!?

Obviously you are not a recipient of RIF! ( Reading is Fundamental)
You with your "I read a word or two and post a response, will get this thread LOCKED.

Keep the FLAMES on a somewhat decent level.

ETA
COP
Etymology: short for 3copper
: POLICE OFFICER
----------------------------
Main Entry: police officer
: a member of a police force
----------------------------
Main Entry: 1sol·dier
Pronunciation: 'sOl-j&r
Etymology: Middle English soudier, from Middle French, from soulde pay, from Late Latin solidus solidus
1 a : one engaged in military service and especially in the army b : an enlisted man or woman c : a skilled warrior
2 : a militant leader, follower, or worker
3 a : one of a caste of wingless sterile termites usually differing from workers in larger size and head and long jaws b : one of a type of worker ants distinguished by exceptionally large head and jaws

No place do I see "hired Gun"

-----------------------------------------------------------
Main Entry: hired gun
: an expert hired to do a specific job; especially : HIRELING -- often used disparagingly

One more thing...... I did not insult nor intend to insult ANY person serving in Iraq. I did however voice my opinion of the CEO's of BW.  NEVER will I show one ounce of disrespect for ANY SOLDIER  in battle defending my right to voice my opinion.
I still call you a fucktard for your comments, BUT I do HOWEVER thank you for being over there and doing what you do!

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:15:56 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Speaking of contractor companies over in the sandbox, how hard is it to get into some of the better ones?

Got clean credit?
Clean background?
Lots of Military experience?
Can you pay to take a few of their classes?
Do you have the patience?
Apply... the worst they can say is no, thank you.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top