Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 2:39:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Oswald alone.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 2:54:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The House Select Committee on Assassinations concluded that there was a conspiracy involving JFK assassination.

No tin foil here, but I'd love to read the entire report.

The sole piece of evidence the HSCA had to support its finding was a dictabelt recording they purported to have recorded the sound of a fourth gunshot. This finding has been conclusively disproved by later scientific research.

The entire HSCA report is available at the national archives website.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 3:01:25 AM EDT
[#3]
nvm it aint worth it
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 3:14:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
jfk started wwIII. nuked the russkies who nuked us back, 2000 years of nuclear winter and end times for the human race.

10,000 years later mankind figured out time travel, came back and whacked that suckers ass.

and they stole his brain and switched his coffin between dallas and dc, though the coffin thing was some rogue smartass time agents who got in trouble afterwards.

his brain is on display, 15,000 years from now in a special display only the elite are allowed to see..

the conspiracy is impossible to prove of course because the time travelers can change any true evidence that was left behind.

so its only conjecture that survives..

I know this was in jest, but frankly it is alot more believable than half the horseshit that gets put on TV about JFK. Some of the stories are really just

Oswald acted alone. If you look into the life of LHO, its pretty clear he was a kook who wanted his 15 minutes of fame. Even his brother and ex wife agree with that assessment.

As has been oft quoted, people cannot accept that someone as inconsequential as Oswald could have killed some as consequential as Kennedy. When you put the magnitude of the Nazi regime on the scales against the horrors of the Holocaust, they balance. When you put Kennedy and Oswald on those same scales they don't. A conspiracy would even them out nicely.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 3:22:46 AM EDT
[#5]
If you watch the Zapruder film carefully, you can clearly see that the limo driver shot JFK over his right shoulder with a silver .45.  It's obvious.

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 3:46:56 AM EDT
[#6]
2013, the 50th anniv is coming. Will they ever release anything on Oswald?
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 3:47:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 4:07:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Go to the site of the shooting. You'll say "holy crap, that's IT?"
The distance was something like 175 ft to 275 ft. With a cycle time of just over 3 seconds per shot...
It simply wasn't that difficult for anyone with marksmanship training...I believe Oswald acted alone.

Taken by me from the X.  ETA also since I haven't been keeping up with the conspiracy theorists that much, what evidence do we have to believe that Oswald's missed shot was the second?  Why not first or last, giving him even more time between the two shots that hit home?

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 4:16:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Oswald was the only shooter; I'm willing to grant it's possible mafia had some involvement somewhere along the way but much past that I'm not buying into anything.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 4:17:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
2013, the 50th anniv is coming. Will they ever release anything on Oswald?

What's left to release? He fit the profile of a rebel who went through his short life resenting everyone who didn't recognize his "Genius". They never release the motorcade routes that Presidents are going to travel in open limos the day before; no wonder why!

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 4:29:30 AM EDT
[#11]
LBJ did it, his home state he could control the DPD, the USSS, the motorcade route, he filled the shoes when everything was all said and done.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 4:38:39 AM EDT
[#12]
I think that the official story has it wrong. I couldn't tell you what is wrong, I just am a bit too paranoid these days to take anything fishy at face value. Like one of the other posters said, you could spend a lifetime researching this and probably never get it right. That is the power of misinformation.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 4:45:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Haven't we had enough of all the conspiracy theory?  Cancer Man shot him, from the storm drain.  Case closed.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 4:58:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Oswald was the only shooter; I'm willing to grant it's possible mafia had some involvement somewhere along the way but much past that I'm not buying into anything.

Oswald's history has not been released. How did he get to Russia...and back as a citizen?

Not to belittle your opinion, because there is more information to consider that hasn't been released.

Calling this "Case Closed" would be just wrong.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 4:59:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oswald's history has not been released. How did he get to Russia...and back as a citizen?

Not to belittle your opinion, because there is more information to consider that hasn't been released.

Calling this "Case Closed" is just wrong.
Patsy

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 5:17:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 5:22:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Calling this "Case Closed" would be just wrong.

Read "Reclaiming History" by Vincent Bugliosi and "Oswald's Tale" by Norman Mailer. Those two books will answer all questions about Lee Harvey Oswald.

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 5:44:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Oswald fired 7 shots and killed 2 people that day.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 5:46:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Dear America,

There are many things we Dallasites want to be known for: The Cowboys, Sonny Bryan's, TI, the DMA, and much more.

The Kennedy Assassination is not one of them.

Sincerely,

Dallas
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 5:48:41 AM EDT
[#20]
I believe Oswald was the only gunman, however, I don't rule out that he was persuaded by other influences.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 5:49:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
One of the hobos was a Bay of Pigs adviser.

E. Howard Hunt's son believes his father was one of the hobos.

Bingo, we have a winner. Check the background on the guys father. They were stopped and questioned, dressed like hobo's, three of them. If you look at the photo's of them, they're clothes are all almost brand new, just made to look rough in a few areas. Their shoes are expensive one's, and not worn at all. They are too clean to be hobo's, and no one saw them before or since. No one in the hobo community ever heard of them. Hunt's father was also "acquainted with the  "communist" agent that was linked to Oswald, and that agent had a past with the CIA. Oswald was set up, another useful idiot.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 5:53:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Oswald was a solo shooter.

Whether or not he was acting entirely alone or he had other...motivation, I can't say for sure.

But, he was the trigger guy.

Agreed
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 5:57:08 AM EDT
[#23]

It's possible that more was going on behind the scenes, but I don't automatically assume that to be absolute truth.

However, when it came to actually pulling the trigger, Oswald acted alone.

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 6:02:36 AM EDT
[#24]
badge man. check it out.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 6:02:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
In before some talks about making two out of three shots at 90 yards being "impossible."

they've recently analyzed the tapes and found there was 11 seconds between the first shot and last.

that's a long time for three shots.

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 6:04:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Oswald did it, but IMO he had people pushing him along. Who? Well no idea.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 6:11:39 AM EDT
[#27]
The longer I've lived, the more I've concluded, A) Hitler killed himself in his bunker, B) Oswald acted alone, C) NASA really did send astronauts to the moon (and returned them safely) and D) 9/11 was not an inside job.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 6:25:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Seriously, do people not understand the meaning of the word conspiracy?

How the fuck do you assassinate somebody without conspiring to do so? I don't think Oswald was jacking it in the depository to some old JC Penny catalogs and found an old Carcano and just decided then and there to use the President as a target.
Of course somebody conspired to do so.

We'll never know the 100% truth as to motives and players involved. All I know is I smell Russians, and whenever there is Russians involved, shit never turns out good.

Well, there goes that mail order bride from Minsk ....

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 6:25:28 AM EDT
[#29]
I think he hung around with some less than model citizens and imagine they probably spitballed the idea of somebody killing the President.  The extent to which they helped or knew what he was going to do I don't know.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 6:30:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I think the coverup was that there was some sort of Cuban influence via the Soviets in Oswald's motivation and if that were to be revealed at the time we might have been drawn into a conflict.

I find it curious that we have pretty much normalized relations with even the Vietnamese, trade vigorously with the Chinese and engage in dialogue with many of the nations that were our sworn enemies just twenty years ago but Cuba, this tiny Carribean island, 90 miles from our coast, remains isolated and off limits because they are a communist regime.  Did anyone notice that the Chinese are a commie regime.  I can visit Bejing but not Havana.  

Now there is your conspiracy.  Maybe it is as simple as Castro backing the assasination and we are just guarding the initial cover up after all these years?

Cuba is not tiny.

Cuba is till given the "silence" because a signifigant part of the political culture of Florida is expatriate Cubans who still dream of getting their appropriated money and property back, and Florida has a lot of electoral votes, (and as an east Coast state, reports its returns earler than the middle or the west of the country - magnifying its impact.)

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 6:35:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Whether or not he was acting entirely alone or he had other...motivation, I can't say for sure.

Yep ...............

Couple of good books out there by Posner and Bugliosi

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 6:39:09 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep ...............

Double-yep.  This is how I see it.

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 6:44:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Oswald did it, but in my mind LBJ knew WAY more than he led on and very well may have been involved in the shooting.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 6:47:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Back, and to the left.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 6:53:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Depends on what movie/documentary/conspiracy etc show you watch.
I was young when JFK was killed but still remember it, along with years of conflicting news stories about who really shot him.

Somebody surely knows, but it is not me. I am still intrigued by all the conspiracy and cover-up stories.

How close to the truth was the Oliver Stone movie "JFK" ?

Very far from any reality.

Read 'Case Closed.'
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 6:57:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Depends on what movie/documentary/conspiracy etc show you watch.
I was young when JFK was killed but still remember it, along with years of conflicting news stories about who really shot him.

Somebody surely knows, but it is not me. I am still intrigued by all the conspiracy and cover-up stories.

How close to the truth was the Oliver Stone movie "JFK" ?

Very far from any reality.

Read 'Case Closed.' by Gerald Posner

or "Reclaiming History: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy" by Vincent Bugliosi

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 6:57:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Go to the site of the shooting. You'll say "holy crap, that's IT?"

The distance was something like 175 ft to 275 ft. With a cycle time of just over 3 seconds per shot...

It simply wasn't that difficult for anyone with marksmanship training...I believe Oswald acted alone.

The first shot as the car was traversing in his field of view missed.

The second and third shots on a target moving almost directly away hit the target.

And it happened in about 11 seconds, not the BS 6 seconds that floated around for a while.

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 6:58:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seriously, do people not understand the meaning of the word conspiracy?

How the fuck do you assassinate somebody without conspiring to do so? I don't think Oswald was jacking it in the depository to some old JC Penny catalogs and found an old Carcano and just decided then and there to use the President as a target.
Of course somebody conspired to do so.

We'll never know the 100% truth as to motives and players involved. All I know is I smell Russians, and whenever there is Russians involved, shit never turns out good.

Well, there goes that mail order bride from Minsk ....

Minsk is in Belarus. IDK which theory to believe. I think Oswald was the shooter but some organization had to have been involved
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 7:05:41 AM EDT
[#39]
I heard a fun theory.  Oswald was not happy with the Secretary of the Navy when he left the Marine Corps.  Even went so far as to write angry letters to him.  That man later went on to become the Governor of Texas.  The theory states that Oswald was actually trying to kill John Connally, not JFK.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 7:07:16 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm glad my favorite option is listed:

Suicide.
It makes as much sense as many other ridiculous ideas.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 7:10:30 AM EDT
[#41]
The real conspiracy is that he's considered a "great president" because 1) He was assassinated and 2) He and his wife were a "pretty" couple.

I respect him for his service on PT boats, but not much else.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 7:11:21 AM EDT
[#42]
A show recreated the shot and the bullet did the same thing so I think Oswald was the shooter, but something is real fishy about Oswald. He had moved to Russia, married the daughter of a Russian General and lived there for awhile renouncing his US citizenship. Then he just decided to come back and has no problem getting back into the country! This is at the height of the Red Scare, Commie Pinko etc.... how is that possible?
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 7:17:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Carlos Hathcock couldn't pull the string of shots off in the same timeframe in a low stress situation.

How could Oswald?
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 7:18:27 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I heard a fun theory.  Oswald was not happy with the Secretary of the Navy when he left the Marine Corps.  Even went so far as to write angry letters to him.  That man later went on to become the Governor of Texas.  The theory states that Oswald was actually trying to kill John Connally, not JFK.

That is an interesting theory, especially taking into account Oswald attempted to assassinate an Army Major General 6 months before.

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 7:19:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Carlos Hathcock couldn't pull the string of shots off in the same timeframe in a low stress situation.

How could Oswald?

Yes.  Hathcock could.  It's not that hard of a shoot once you stand on scene and look at it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 7:21:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How could Oswald?

Yes.  Hathcock could.  It's not that hard of a shoot once you stand on scene and look at it.

"Let me tell you what we did at Quantico. We reconstructed the whole thing: the angle, the range, the moving target, the time limit, the obstacles, everything. I don't know how many times we tried it, but we couldn't duplicate what the Warren Commission said Oswald did". (KILL ZONE, pp. 89-90).
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 7:22:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

How could Oswald?

I recreated it when I was 14 with an iron sighted Enfield.   It's pretty easy actually when you get right down and study it.

As for when we found about about it, it was 4 or 5 days afterwards when some relatives came to call.  No TV in those days, we lived in the boonies.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 7:26:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Yes, If not why seal the records till everyone involved is dead?
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 7:31:17 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In before some talks about making two out of three shots at 90 yards being "impossible."

If Lee Harvey Oswald wasn't lefty of ambidextrous with a rifle (was he?), it would've been pretty damn difficult given the angle from the window down to the car. I can hold my own with a scoped bolt-action but making two headshots firing from the wrong shoulder onto a moving target would be the kind of thing I'd feel it necessary to brag about.

Thank-you for bringing out the most frequently-disregarded and unknown factor in the alleged "easy shots".

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 7:41:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
One of the hobos was a Bay of Pigs adviser.

E. Howard Hunt's son believes his father was one of the hobos.

Bingo, we have a winner. Check the background on the guys father. They were stopped and questioned, dressed like hobo's, three of them. If you look at the photo's of them, they're clothes are all almost brand new, just made to look rough in a few areas. Their shoes are expensive one's, and not worn at all. They are too clean to be hobo's, and no one saw them before or since. No one in the hobo community ever heard of them. Hunt's father was also "acquainted with the  "communist" agent that was linked to Oswald, and that agent had a past with the CIA. Oswald was set up, another useful idiot.

Pics
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top