User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 7:46:45 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Carlos Hathcock couldn't pull the string of shots off in the same timeframe in a low stress situation.
How could Oswald?

Yes.  Hathcock could.  It's not that hard of a shoot once you stand on scene and look at it.

"Let me tell you what we did at Quantico. We reconstructed the whole thing: the angle, the range, the moving target, the time limit, the obstacles, everything. I don't know how many times we tried it, but we couldn't duplicate what the Warren Commission said Oswald did". (KILL ZONE, pp. 89-90).

The Discovery Channel duplicated it almost perfectly on their first attempt.

So it is at least possible for the second shot to have caused all the wounds. You'll never be able to precisely recreate the exact body positions of Kennedy and Conally, the exact spot where bullet hit, the exact angle the shot was fired from etc, so of course it will be extremely difficult to exactly duplicate what happened. As for saying it's impossible for Oswald to have made those shots in that amount of time because someone can't do the same today, well why can't it simply be luck that Oswald hit Kennedy?

Say you shoot a moving deer twice, and magically get to redo the shooting. Do you think you'd ever be able to shoot it again in the two exact same spots doing the same damage?

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 7:47:30 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Yes, If not why seal the records till everyone involved is dead?

Protect the people in the Secret Service, FBI and DPD that screwed up.

My theory is that any "cover-up" is really CYA.

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 8:00:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Going to the site is...enlightening. It's much smaller in person than it appears in photos and video. Having been there....the shooting was no great feat. Oswald was a Marine rifleman. Hell...I could have made 2 out of 3 shots at that range.

Consider the facts that he was shooting at a walking speed target aproximately 12"x18". 2 of 3 hits....that's not extreme marksmanship. I've made repeated hits on a 12x18" walking speed target at 800 yards at Tiger Valley.

Why it happened....only Oswald could say....and Ruby shut him up.

48 years after the fact, there are still a number of people making a living by promoting 'conspiricy theories'....and there likely will be for the next 48 years.

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 8:07:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes, If not why seal the records till everyone involved is dead?

Protect the people in the Secret Service, FBI and DPD that screwed up.

My theory is that any "cover-up" is really CYA.

CIA or CYA, both plausible theories.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 8:08:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Back and to the left, Back and to the left,
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 8:22:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Back and to the left, Back and to the left,

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 8:27:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bush (41) did it, that's how he got to be head of the CIA.

Ford was in on the coverup, that's how he got to be Vice President.  

Bush was head of Pepsico and was in Dallas the same day as the assassination. Ford was a lackey  in the Warren Commission. See where I'm going with this.....

Indeed, you are about to tell people they should google George de Mohrenschildt...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_de_Mohrenschildt

George de Mohrenschildt (April 17, 1911 – March 29, 1977) was a petroleum geologist and professor who befriended Lee Harvey Oswald in the summer of 1962 and maintained that friendship until Oswald's death two days after the assassination of U.S. President John F. Kennedy. He had personal acquaintance with the Bush family, including George H. W. Bush, with whose nephew, Edward G. Hooker, he had been roommates at Phillips Academy at Andover, Massachusetts.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––-

On the same day as the Epstein interview, de Mohrenschildt received a card from Gaeton Fonzi, an investigator for the House Select Committee on Assassinations. That afternoon, de Mohrenschildt committed suicide by shooting himself in the mouth with a shotgun.

See where I'm going?

Bush's role at Pepsi must have been classified because I didn't even know that.

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 8:33:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Add to that, the folks that tried to recreate the shots, knew everything before hand as far as distance, vehicle angle, approach, travel, whether the car and motorcade would be changing speeds, starting and stopping, wind strength and direction, exactly where the secret service members would be in relation to the president, blocking the view of the shooter etc. Oswald didn't have any of that info before hand. Evidence in the autopsy originally showed bullets from more than one direction had hit the pres as well. There is a cover up of that info. And, like another poster said. Why not release all of the info, almost 50 years later.

My dad said the truth would come out, eventually, but it would be likely that it would be 100 years after the fact. That the details and the truth are so bad, that America would have demanded war at a time that would have likely resulted in a nuclear escalation, and the actual use of them by us and the Soviets, if our nation didn't unravel first due to mistrust of our own system. Add to that, the American people would have lost all faith in the governments ability to protect them, since it couldn't even protect it's head of state from forces within and enemies from without. You would have had riots and attempts to overthrow the government like never before.The people had been lied to. Kennedy was a danger to America, and the entire world. It was in everyone's interest to have him eliminated.

For those of you that haven't yet, do some research on Oswald's background. This guy fit the profile they needed. He was led exactly where they wanted him to go. You just didn't declare yourself a commie openly, renounce citizenship , move to the Soviet Union, marry an officials daughter, be a member of the organizations he was a member of, meet the people he met, and just return to the U.S. like nothing ever happened in those days. Then, continue your activities unopposed, not under scrutiny by the government, move to strategic locations necessary to be in the position to "happen" into people with "interesting" backgrounds, who then offered jobs in other places of importance, around other "important" people.

Add to that, don't you think it's a bit odd, that he was killed when he was, by who he was killed by? Do a background search on Ruby..

The Mafia were experts in assassination, and Bonanno reports that he realized the degree of the involvement of other Mafia families when he witnessed Ruby killing Oswald on television: the Bonannos recognized Ruby as an associate of Chicago mobster Sam Giancana.

Four years prior to the assassination of President Kennedy, Ruby went to see a man named Lewis McWillie in Cuba. Ruby considered McWillie, who had previously run illegal gambling establishments in Texas, to be one of his closest friends.[12] At the time Ruby visited him, in August 1959, McWillie was supervising gambling activities at Havana's Tropicana Club. Ruby told the Warren Commission that his August trip to Cuba was merely a social visit at the invitation of McWillie.

About an hour after President Kennedy was shot, White House correspondent Seth Kantor (who was a passenger in the motorcade) arrived at Parkland Hospital where Kennedy was receiving medical care. As Kantor was entering the hospital through a stairway, he felt a tug on his coat. He turned around to see Ruby who called him by his first name and shook his hand.[16][17] (Kantor had become acquainted with Ruby when Kantor was a reporter for the Dallas Times Herald newspaper.)[18][19] Ruby asked Kantor if he thought it was a good idea for him to close his nightclubs for the next three nights because of the tragedy and Kantor responded that he thought it was a good idea.[17][20] It has been suggested that Ruby might have been involved in tampering with evidence while at the hospital.[21] Ruby would later deny he had been at Parkland Hospital and the Warren Commission decided to believe Ruby rather than Kantor.[22][23] (In 1979, The House Select Committee on Assassinations reversed the Warren Commission's judgement, stating: "While the Warren Commission concluded that Kantor was mistaken [about his Parkland meeting with Ruby], the Committee determined he probably was not.")[24]

The mob was Ruby's "friend." And Ruby could well have been paying off an IOU the day he was used to kill Lee Harvey Oswald. Remember: "I have been used for a purpose," the way Ruby expressed it to Chief Justice Warren in their June 7, 1964 session. It would not have been hard for the mob to maneuver Ruby through the ranks of a few negotiable police [to kill Oswald].

Witness Wilma Tice also said that she saw Jack Ruby at Parkland Hospital during the time Kennedy was being treated there.[26] Called to testify before the Warren Commission, Tice said that she received an anonymous phone call from a man telling her "…that it would pay me to keep my mouth shut."[27]

Ruby (also known as "Sparky," from his boxing nickname "Sparkling Ruby"[36]) was seen in the halls of the Dallas Police Headquarters on several occasions after the arrest of Lee Harvey Oswald on November 22, 1963, and newsreel footage from WFAA-TV (Dallas) and NBC shows Ruby impersonating a newspaper reporter during a press conference at Dallas Police Headquarters on the night of the assassination.

Ruby's shooting of Oswald was not a spontaneous act, in that it involved at least some premeditation. Similarly, the committee believed it was less likely that Ruby entered the police basement without assistance, even though the assistance may have been provided with no knowledge of Ruby's intentions… The committee was troubled by the apparently unlocked doors along the stairway route and the removal of security guards from the area of the garage nearest the stairway shortly before the shooting… There is also evidence that the Dallas Police Department withheld relevant information from the Warren Commission concerning Ruby's entry to the scene of the Oswald transfer.

After Ruby's arrest, he asked Dallas attorney Tom Howard to represent him. Howard accepted and asked Ruby if he could think of anything that might damage his defense. Ruby responded that there would be a problem if a man by the name of "Davis" should come up. Ruby told his attorney that he "…had been involved with Davis, who was a gunrunner entangled in anti-Castro efforts."[48][49] Davis was identified only years later, after research by journalist Seth Kantor, as being Thomas Eli Davis III, a CIA-connected "soldier of fortune.

During the six months following the Kennedy assassination, Ruby repeatedly asked, orally and in writing, to speak to the members of the Warren Commission. The commission initially showed no interest. Only after Ruby's sister Eileen wrote letters to the commission (and her letters became public) did the Warren Commission agree to talk to Ruby. In June 1964, Chief Justice Earl Warren, then-Representative Gerald R. Ford of Michigan, and other commission members went to Dallas to see Ruby. Ruby asked Warren several times to take him to Washington D.C., saying "my life is in danger here" and that he wanted an opportunity to make additional statements.[52] He added: "I want to tell the truth, and I can't tell it here."[53] Warren told Ruby that he would be unable to comply, because many legal barriers would need to be broken and public interest in the situation would be too heavy. Warren also told Ruby that the commission would have no way of protecting him, since it had no police powers. Ruby said he wanted to convince President Lyndon Johnson that he was not part of any conspiracy to kill Kennedy.[54]

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 8:35:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Bastard got what he deserved.

I hope it fucking hurt, too.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 8:38:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Pics of the tramps.

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 8:42:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seriously, do people not understand the meaning of the word conspiracy?

How the fuck do you assassinate somebody without conspiring to do so? I don't think Oswald was jacking it in the depository to some old JC Penny catalogs and found an old Carcano and just decided then and there to use the President as a target.
Of course somebody conspired to do so.

We'll never know the 100% truth as to motives and players involved. All I know is I smell Russians, and whenever there is Russians involved, shit never turns out good.

From dictionary.com

con·spir·a·cy
   [kuhn-spir-uh-see] Show IPA

noun, plural -cies.
1. the act of conspiring. JFK assasination.

2. an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.

3. a combination of persons for a secret, unlawful, or evil purpose: He joined the conspiracy to overthrow the government.

4. Law . an agreement by two or more persons to commit a crime, fraud, or other wrongful act.

5. any concurrence in action; combination in bringing about a given result.[
quote]

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 8:44:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 9:08:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The real conspiracy is that he's considered a "great president" because 1) He was assassinated and 2) He and his wife were a "pretty" couple.

I respect him for his service on PT boats, but not much else.

I do not repsect him for his service on PT boats.

This is duw to WHY he was on them in the first place, instead of his previous duty, and...

...WHAT his mission was on the night that PT-109 got run down.

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 9:08:34 AM EDT
[#14]
If it was the Soviets or the Cubans, why hasn't someone come clean about it?
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 9:09:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I think the coverup was that there was some sort of Cuban influence via the Soviets in Oswald's motivation and if that were to be revealed at the time we might have been drawn into a conflict.

I find it curious that we have pretty much normalized relations with even the Vietnamese, trade vigorously with the Chinese and engage in dialogue with many of the nations that were our sworn enemies just twenty years ago but Cuba, this tiny Carribean island, 90 miles from our coast, remains isolated and off limits because they are a communist regime.  Did anyone notice that the Chinese are a commie regime.  I can visit Bejing but not Havana.  

Now there is your conspiracy.  Maybe it is as simple as Castro backing the assasination and we are just guarding the initial cover up after all these years?

Now that is interesting...
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 9:21:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Pics of the tramps.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/tramps.jpg

All of whom have been positively identified. There names are Harold Doyle, Gus Abrams and John Gedney, just as shown in their arrest record from 22 November 1963. Both Doyle and Gedney have admitted in interviews to being the tramps. Abrams dies in 1987 having never given an interview, but his sister identified him from this picture. Also, three independent groups (the House Select Committee on Assassinations, the Rockerfeller Commission and the Institute of Forensic Sciences in Oakland, CA. at the behest of the very pro-consipiracy Rolling Stone) all determined that the thre tramps could not have been E. Howard Hunt based on measurements of their facial features.

Amazing how so many so-called "mysteries" of the JFK assassination have long since been solved, but continue to be repeated today.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 9:28:53 AM EDT
[#17]
cover up yes. Who all was involved we'll never know. I think there was more than 1 shooter but even  if he was the only shooter he didnt act alone there is a deffinite cover up involved. Just look at most of the people involved they were dead with in a few years after the shooting. I doubt we'll even know the truth but it deff wasnt a lone wolf.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 9:32:38 AM EDT
[#18]
boom headshot
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 9:38:20 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Dems want to fellate him, but he would probably be too far right to run as a Republican, much less a shitstain Democrat these days.

http://home.comcast.net/~bfd750/jfk_m16.jpg
(Definitely not a JFK fan, but he's a good base to judge how far we have fallen. He was probably the last non-hardcore Leftist Democratic president.)

He was a lifetime NRA member.  

He wanted to reduce taxes.

He took a strong stand against communism.

Yeah, there were some mistakes as well, but on the whole, he was a very good president.

ETA: Lone gunman, but with Soviet support/encouragement. (I don't think the Soviets actually expected he would succeed).

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 10:24:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I believe that Oswald fired three shots from the book depository, two of which struck Kennedy. Beyond that, who knows?

Yup
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 10:29:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Add to that, the folks that tried to recreate the shots, knew everything before hand as far as distance, vehicle angle, approach, travel, whether the car and motorcade would be changing speeds, starting and stopping, wind strength and direction, exactly where the secret service members would be in relation to the president, blocking the view of the shooter etc. Oswald didn't have any of that info before hand. Evidence in the autopsy originally showed bullets from more than one direction had hit the pres as well. There is a cover up of that info. And, like another poster said. Why not release all of the info, almost 50 years later.

My dad said the truth would come out, eventually, but it would be likely that it would be 100 years after the fact. That the details and the truth are so bad, that America would have demanded war at a time that would have likely resulted in a nuclear escalation, and the actual use of them by us and the Soviets, if our nation didn't unravel first due to mistrust of our own system. Add to that, the American people would have lost all faith in the governments ability to protect them, since it couldn't even protect it's head of state from forces within and enemies from without. You would have had riots and attempts to overthrow the government like never before.The people had been lied to. Kennedy was a danger to America, and the entire world. It was in everyone's interest to have him eliminated.

For those of you that haven't yet, do some research on Oswald's background. This guy fit the profile they needed. He was led exactly where they wanted him to go. You just didn't declare yourself a commie openly, renounce citizenship , move to the Soviet Union, marry an officials daughter, be a member of the organizations he was a member of, meet the people he met, and just return to the U.S. like nothing ever happened in those days. Then, continue your activities unopposed, not under scrutiny by the government, move to strategic locations necessary to be in the position to "happen" into people with "interesting" backgrounds, who then offered jobs in other places of importance, around other "important" people.

Add to that, don't you think it's a bit odd, that he was killed when he was, by who he was killed by? Do a background search on Ruby..

The Mafia were experts in assassination, and Bonanno reports that he realized the degree of the involvement of other Mafia families when he witnessed Ruby killing Oswald on television: the Bonannos recognized Ruby as an associate of Chicago mobster Sam Giancana.

Four years prior to the assassination of President Kennedy, Ruby went to see a man named Lewis McWillie in Cuba. Ruby considered McWillie, who had previously run illegal gambling establishments in Texas, to be one of his closest friends.[12] At the time Ruby visited him, in August 1959, McWillie was supervising gambling activities at Havana's Tropicana Club. Ruby told the Warren Commission that his August trip to Cuba was merely a social visit at the invitation of McWillie.

About an hour after President Kennedy was shot, White House correspondent Seth Kantor (who was a passenger in the motorcade) arrived at Parkland Hospital where Kennedy was receiving medical care. As Kantor was entering the hospital through a stairway, he felt a tug on his coat. He turned around to see Ruby who called him by his first name and shook his hand.[16][17] (Kantor had become acquainted with Ruby when Kantor was a reporter for the Dallas Times Herald newspaper.)[18][19] Ruby asked Kantor if he thought it was a good idea for him to close his nightclubs for the next three nights because of the tragedy and Kantor responded that he thought it was a good idea.[17][20] It has been suggested that Ruby might have been involved in tampering with evidence while at the hospital.[21] Ruby would later deny he had been at Parkland Hospital and the Warren Commission decided to believe Ruby rather than Kantor.[22][23] (In 1979, The House Select Committee on Assassinations reversed the Warren Commission's judgement, stating: "While the Warren Commission concluded that Kantor was mistaken [about his Parkland meeting with Ruby], the Committee determined he probably was not.")[24]

The mob was Ruby's "friend." And Ruby could well have been paying off an IOU the day he was used to kill Lee Harvey Oswald. Remember: "I have been used for a purpose," the way Ruby expressed it to Chief Justice Warren in their June 7, 1964 session. It would not have been hard for the mob to maneuver Ruby through the ranks of a few negotiable police [to kill Oswald].

Witness Wilma Tice also said that she saw Jack Ruby at Parkland Hospital during the time Kennedy was being treated there.[26] Called to testify before the Warren Commission, Tice said that she received an anonymous phone call from a man telling her "…that it would pay me to keep my mouth shut."[27]

Ruby (also known as "Sparky," from his boxing nickname "Sparkling Ruby"[36]) was seen in the halls of the Dallas Police Headquarters on several occasions after the arrest of Lee Harvey Oswald on November 22, 1963, and newsreel footage from WFAA-TV (Dallas) and NBC shows Ruby impersonating a newspaper reporter during a press conference at Dallas Police Headquarters on the night of the assassination.

Ruby's shooting of Oswald was not a spontaneous act, in that it involved at least some premeditation. Similarly, the committee believed it was less likely that Ruby entered the police basement without assistance, even though the assistance may have been provided with no knowledge of Ruby's intentions… The committee was troubled by the apparently unlocked doors along the stairway route and the removal of security guards from the area of the garage nearest the stairway shortly before the shooting… There is also evidence that the Dallas Police Department withheld relevant information from the Warren Commission concerning Ruby's entry to the scene of the Oswald transfer.

After Ruby's arrest, he asked Dallas attorney Tom Howard to represent him. Howard accepted and asked Ruby if he could think of anything that might damage his defense. Ruby responded that there would be a problem if a man by the name of "Davis" should come up. Ruby told his attorney that he "…had been involved with Davis, who was a gunrunner entangled in anti-Castro efforts."[48][49] Davis was identified only years later, after research by journalist Seth Kantor, as being Thomas Eli Davis III, a CIA-connected "soldier of fortune.

During the six months following the Kennedy assassination, Ruby repeatedly asked, orally and in writing, to speak to the members of the Warren Commission. The commission initially showed no interest. Only after Ruby's sister Eileen wrote letters to the commission (and her letters became public) did the Warren Commission agree to talk to Ruby. In June 1964, Chief Justice Earl Warren, then-Representative Gerald R. Ford of Michigan, and other commission members went to Dallas to see Ruby. Ruby asked Warren several times to take him to Washington D.C., saying "my life is in danger here" and that he wanted an opportunity to make additional statements.[52] He added: "I want to tell the truth, and I can't tell it here."[53] Warren told Ruby that he would be unable to comply, because many legal barriers would need to be broken and public interest in the situation would be too heavy. Warren also told Ruby that the commission would have no way of protecting him, since it had no police powers. Ruby said he wanted to convince President Lyndon Johnson that he was not part of any conspiracy to kill Kennedy.[54]

We're through the looking glass here people.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 10:34:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Messed up poll.

One option for "official government story" and nine options for "government story is bullshit."

I always wanted to do a poll just between the two.

My opinion is "government story is bullshit."  Pointing the finger and placing blame is not my job.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 10:35:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My dumbass FIL thinks Connely(sp) did it from the front seat.  I am super cerial.

There is some distorted bullshit video that William Cooper used to show where he claimed that.  I laughed for 10 solid minutes.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 10:37:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Dems want to fellate him, but he would probably be too far right to run as a Republican, much less a shitstain Democrat these days.

http://home.comcast.net/~bfd750/jfk_m16.jpg

(Definitely not a JFK fan, but he's a good base to judge how far we have fallen. He was probably the last non-hardcore Leftist Democratic president.)

Agreed.  He would be too "far-right" to get the GOP nomination these days.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 10:37:47 AM EDT
[#25]
I read somewhere that it was a joint KKK/NAACP operation ...............
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 10:42:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

WTF?  
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 10:45:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF?  

He's saying that he's glad a sitting US President was assassinated and he hopes it was done with extreme prejudice ....

Real class and a real patriot .....

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 10:46:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF?  

Seriously. Pay no mind to the fact the guy had a family...no kids at home.

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 10:47:54 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Weren't Malcom X and George Lincoln Rockwell in on it as well?

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 10:49:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Weren't Malcom X and George Lincoln Rockwell in on it as well?

Yes, and weren't they both later "silenced"??? Both by assassination ...............

Rumored MLK/David Duke operation ...............

Duke later had MLK taken out and now lives in a retirement village in Miami ..............
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 10:53:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF?  

He's saying that he's glad a sitting US President was assassinated and he hopes it was done with extreme prejudice ....

My main guess would be Bay of Pigs may have affected him personally...one big thing I can think of.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 11:02:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF?  

My main guess would be Bay of Pigs may have affected him personally...one big thing I can think of.

Conspiracy
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 11:23:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Like a dry desert soakin up rain.  Soakin up sun.

Like a dry desert soakin up rain.  Soakin up the suuuuuun!

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 12:20:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Physics.  How does it work?

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 12:44:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Physics. How does it work?

Not nearly as simply as you seem to think.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 12:59:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Listen up Kennedy was assinated by The Comedian!

That is all.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 1:10:31 PM EDT
[#37]
And Ronnie the Popular said it was a communist plot.

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 1:24:46 PM EDT
[#38]
AROCK did it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 1:24:47 PM EDT
[#39]
maybe time will tell if not then whatever.

you wont force the government to tell you
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 1:38:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 1:41:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Physics. How does it work?

Not nearly as simply as you seem to think.

Yeah it is.

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 1:53:38 PM EDT
[#42]
It was a suicide

Like those "Death by Clinton suicides"?

LBJ or govt involvement

This one is kinda interesting through.  IIRC Lady Bird reaped a lot of financial gain once her husband took office with owning all that stock in Bell Helicopter...
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 1:57:28 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Physics.  How does it work?

I wonder if pavlovwolf has ever shot a rifle...  It was 90 yards, not 900.

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 2:06:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Add to that, the folks that tried to recreate the shots, knew everything before hand as far as distance, vehicle angle, approach, travel, whether the car and motorcade would be changing speeds, starting and stopping, wind strength and direction, exactly where the secret service members would be in relation to the president, blocking the view of the shooter etc. Oswald didn't have any of that info before hand.

Yeah, he did.  Newscasts and pictures in print of the president traveling through others cities was enough detail to give Oswald a good idea of what he'd encounter.

An easy solution.  

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 2:30:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Been shooting for a long time pal. No need to call into question my abilities. Given the description of Oswald's abilities, and the fact that many people routinely miss shots that close shooting at the broad side of a deer due to elevation and buck fever, something a good bit less detrimental to your fine motor skills than the attempted assassination of a President, Oswald had a harder shot, especially manipulating a bolt under stress, though that particular firearm is easily a fast one to operate.

No rifleman has ever duplicated the shooting feat attributed to Lee Harvey Oswald, the alleged single assassin. There are various lone-gunman shooting scenarios floating around, but they all theorize that one gunman scored two hits out of three shots in 6 to 9 seconds while firing at a moving target from 60 feet up using a Mannlicher-Carcano bolt-action rifle—on the first and only attempt. In 1967 CBS News conducted a fairly realistic simulation involving eleven expert riflemen firing at a moving target sled from a 60-foot tower using a Carcano rifle (but not the alleged murder weapon itself). Not one of those expert riflemen scored two hits on his first attempt, and seven of them failed to do so on ANY attempt, even though they fired under easier conditions than those in which Oswald would have fired and even though they were allowed to fire nine practice rounds prior to the test.

The WC's own rifle tests were equally revealing: The commission hired three Master-rated riflemen to attempt to duplicate Oswald's alleged shooting feat. The three Master-rated shooters who participated in that test fired 18 rounds while using the scope and three rounds while using the iron sights. They used the alleged murder weapon, the Mannlicher-Carcano that was traced to Lee Harvey Oswald. So how did they do?  They missed the head and neck area of the target board silhouettes 18 out of 18 times when they used the scope, and 2 out of 3 times when they used the iron sights. In other words, they missed the head and neck area of the silhouettes 20 out of 21 times. Several of their misses were far apart on the boards. Some of their shots missed the silhouettes entirely. It's revealing that they shot so poorly even though they were allowed to take as long as they wanted for the first shot, even though two of them took longer than 6 seconds to fire, even though they were only firing from 30 feet up, and even though they were shooting at stationary––yes, stationary––target boards.

The three riflemen in the test were named Miller, Hendrix, and Staley. (Their first names were never given.) In the first series, Miller took 4.6 seconds to fire three shots, Staley took 6.75 seconds, and Hendrix took 8.25 seconds. In the next series, Miller took 5.15 seconds, Staley took 6.45 seconds, and Hendrix took 7 seconds. It bears repeating that Oswald would have had only one attempt, only one series. Oswald supposedly scored two hits out of three shots, yet Miller, Hendrix, and Staley missed the head and neck area of the silhouettes 20 out of 21 times.

Nearly all lone-gunman theorists argue that Oswald would have had as much as 9 or even 10 seconds, not just 6 seconds. However, in order to give their single shooter that much time, these WC supporters must assume he completely missed, not only Kennedy, but the entire huge presidential limousine, with his first and closest shot, that is, that he missed such a gigantic target from 60 feet up and from less than 140 feet away. Even the WC balked at the idea that its lone gunman would have missed so badly with his first and closest shot. Said the commission,

On the other hand, the greatest cause for doubt that the first shot missed is the improbability that the same marksman who twice hit a moving target would be so inaccurate on the first and closest of his shots as to miss completely, not only the target, but the large automobile. (Warren Commission Report, p. 111)

Of course, the single-assassin shooting scenario must assume that the supposed lone gunman completely missed the limousine with one of his alleged three shots. It's hard to imagine how even a mediocre marksman like Oswald could have missed such a large target, even from 270-300 feet away, much less from 140 feet away.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 2:31:08 PM EDT
[#46]

Harder than you might think, and these guys weren't under stress.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 2:53:55 PM EDT
[#47]
In all of science - in all of physics - in all wars and target ranges - bullets make a small entry hole and a larger exit wound. Every hunter who has shot game, every target shooter who has shot a melon, jug of water, board - anything.....small hole entry, large hole exit.

Except of course when it comes to the Warren report where Oswald's rifle could either reverse time or U-turn bullets and blow out the back of Kennedy's head and make a tiny exit wound in the front. Everywhere on earth ballistic physics are the same - except for Oswald's cheap rifle.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 2:59:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Male Models from the grass knoll
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 3:02:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I like the most recent theory I heard. The secret service guy behind JFK's limo had a newly issued M16, fumbled it after the first gunshot from Oswald, and accidentally shot JFK in the back of the head.

And when I say I like it, it doesn't mean I believe it..just that it sounds clever.

Any pics out there of any secret service agent with a AR15 from this day or any pics of agents with AR's from 1963?  I have heard this story also.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 4:04:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Like a dry desert soakin up rain.  Soakin up sun.
Like a dry desert soakin up rain.  Soakin up the suuuuuun!

Yes!!!   And I would have loved to given Jackie O the O face!
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top