Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:25:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hi everybody. Please be nice to me, I'm new here, but for the first time in my life I think I may actually need a gun and therefore may need some advice. Why I need a gun is not what I want to talk about right now, just advice on guns. Like what's an AR15? Should I get one of those or a Glock? How much do they cost?

I've always hated them and been affraid of them even though my ex-boyfriend Tre' had a lot of Glocks and stuff.

My friends would freak if they knew I was asking this.

why do i get the feeling your reason is not a good reason to get one...
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#2]
IM inbound Anti-G.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:26:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You enterd the boys club darlin. You neeeeed to get thicker skin. Thick skin involves joining in in the ribbing. There are  animals in here.

Hey! I ressemble that remark!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:27:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Anyone else have any ideas?

I just want some information.

Thank you to 89Grand for his help.

If you are just looking for something to keep around the house/apartment for protection and maybe recreational shooting, you should look for something you feel comfortable with. I personally would not recommend a Glock since they have some unique shooting characteristics that I don't care for. If you choose a pistol, I would recommend looking at the Springfield XD-9 or XD-40. They are similar to the Glock but they have additional safety features and, in my opinion, just feel better in the hand. As was mentioned earlier, the 9mm cartridge has low recoil and, with the right ammunition, is a very effective self-defense cartridge. They usually cost between $450-$550.

If you want a rifle, an AR-15 Carbine (16" Barrel) is a good place to start looking. They are typically more expensive than the pistol. A good quality one usually starts aroung $700. Also, in self-defense situations, they can be more awkward, especially in close quarters but are far superior to a pistol at longer distances. If you are wanting a firearm strictly for self-defense, I would recommend a pistol.

It would be a great idea to go to a good gun shop and ask to see and handle what they have. Don't be afraid to ask questions. If you need good general advice, the Technical Forums are a good source of information.

Good luck!!!

Oh, and welcome to ARFCOM!!!

Andrew
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:27:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
This is rediculous! 5 pages in...what...30 minutes?

And still no real valuable information.

89Grand was somewhat helpful, somewhat.

You have been given valuable info but so far you have chosen not to use it.  This would lead me to believe we are all just feeding the .  As for anything positive coming from this thread, it stands about as much of a chance of...ah, nevermind.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:33:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to the world of Trekkie's who shoot.  You will besuprised how few guns most of these people own and how many of them live in the basement.  

For God sakes don't post a pic..............
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:35:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I wonder which male member this is?

Can you ID a member by his member?  I wonder if an avatar could be.....
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:36:02 PM EDT
[#8]
YYYYYYYIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE
PAGE 7
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:36:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I wonder which male member this is?

Can you ID a member by his member?  I wonder if an avatar could be.....

HA HA HA HA HA HA
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:37:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Obviously this "Anti-G" is an anti-gun liberal that came here just to prove that all gun owners are obnoxious, rude, anti-social animals.
She will print out this thread and show it to her lesbian friends in her Communist Studies 101 class on Monday then they will have big circle-jerk discussion about how gun owners are deranged lunatics and chauvenists.

Ban her!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:40:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Obviously this "Anti-G" is an anti-gun liberal that came here just to prove that all gun owners are obnoxious, rude, anti-social animals.
She will print out this thread and show it to her lesbian friends in her Communist Studies 101 class on Monday then they will have big cirlce-jerk discussion about how gun owners are deranged lunatics and chauvenists.

Ban her!

Surely they are smaert enough to figure out if we are typing on our computes we couldn't possibly be toteing our guns around patroling the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:40:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
She will print out this thread and show it to her lesbian friends in her Communist Studies 101 class on Monday then they will have big cirlce-jerk discussion about how gun owners are deranged lunatics and chauvenists.

Ban her HIM!

Fixed it!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:40:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Or it will be posted on DU.  

BTW:  Fuck you DU...and GD
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:41:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Avast!

Ye now have the black spot for all this bilge talk.

To davy jones' locker with ye poxed tongue!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/zaq12wsx/Pyle_pirate_plank.jpg
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:42:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Avast!

Ye now have the black spot for all this bilge talk.

To davy jones' locker with ye poxed tongue!

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/zaq12wsx/Pyle_pirate_plank.jpg

Damnit.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:44:02 PM EDT
[#16]
How could so many of you be so stoopid?

Are you that desperate to help a "damsel in distress" ?

Are you hoping to hook up with a pro-gun female?

I'm all for welcoming newbies, but this one is the most obvious case of trolling since RachelF and her "fat mexican"    

Tell ya what, If anybody can post convincing evidence that Anti-G is genuine, I will buy a membership for her it.

Some of you are just naive, but many are truly pitiful.    
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:45:40 PM EDT
[#17]

If shes like most women........she'll pick the gun with the longest barrel!

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

If shes like most women........she'll pick the gun with the longest barrel!

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:47:46 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I'm all for welcoming newbies, but this one is the most obvious case of trolling since RachelF and her "fat mexican"    

Tell ya what, If anybody can post convincing evidence that Anti-G is genuine, I will buy a membership for her it.

I don't know about being a troll, be she's a b!tch.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:48:14 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Well for starters the:
ANTI-G   {GUN}       WEIGHS HEAVY
ANTI-G   {G-SPOT}
ANTI-G   {GUYS}
ANTI-G   {GIRLS}
ANTI-G   {GRASS}
ANTI-G   {GORILLAS}
ANTI-G   {GAY}
ETC.  ETC.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:50:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Anti-gravity? Maybe she's an astronaut.

Wait that doesn't make sense. Never mind
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:58:05 PM EDT
[#22]
If you ARE interested in a handgun for self defense check out the .38 revolvers at the local gun shop. Simple to use for beginners.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:03:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:03:37 PM EDT
[#24]
CoC #7
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top