[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 5:43:18 AM EDT
[#2]
ost
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 6:18:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
so, about the laser. What do I need to get, to burn through tire rubber in about 30 sec ?

Probably about 100 of them
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 6:19:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
This thread will be the cause of a law making it illegal to store a laser without a trigger lock.  

Might be able to buy one from TSA for cheap, comes with holster
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 6:20:27 AM EDT
[#5]
tag
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 6:24:39 AM EDT
[#6]
um so school me on what that laser would actually be good for besides bringing back memories of childhood days spent w/the magnifying glass and the local ant colonies...
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 6:25:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Previous laser threads have talked about a lot of these China lasers not having an IR filter, and therefore being detrimental to vision even just looking at the reflection of the beam on a wall.

Reviews look good and people seem to be not blind.

Comments?

Since it's a 200mW laser, you're not supposed to be using this thing without eye protection anyways so with or without the IR filter, it doesn't really matter - wear your laser eye protection and you'll be OK.

I just taped blue plastic sheets (they are filters used by photographers and I got the spectral transmission charts so I know it cuts out red and IR light) over my shooting glasses.
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 6:27:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I bought the laser.  I always liked your SN where do you even find one?

Sorry, what do you mean my SN?

Finding a Mateba revolver is all but impossible these days.

Ah OK, the only time I see them is on gunbroker. I lucked out and found mine in a the trophy room at a Cabelas.
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 6:28:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
um so school me on what that laser would actually be good for besides bringing back memories of childhood days spent w/the magnifying glass and the local ant colonies...

Neat way to get rid of a bees nest.  Set it on fire from a distance.

Go to chuck e cheese and start popping kids balloons

Self tattooing

wood burning

I'm going to encase mine in a toy ray gun.
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 6:29:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Previous laser threads have talked about a lot of these China lasers not having an IR filter, and therefore being detrimental to vision even just looking at the reflection of the beam on a wall.

Reviews look good and people seem to be not blind.

Comments?

Since it's a 200mW laser, you're not supposed to be using this thing without eye protection anyways so with or without the IR filter, it doesn't really matter - wear your laser eye protection and you'll be OK.

I just taped blue plastic sheets (they are filters used by photographers and I got the spectral transmission charts so I know it cuts out red and IR light) over my shooting glasses.

Good deal, thanks.  I ordered one.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 11:02:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Let's just say that the flashlight and the laser were just SOME of what I ended up ordering.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 11:08:31 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Self tattooing

wood burning

if you are serious post pics.  that would be so much fun
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 11:12:02 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Self tattooing

wood burning

Will do!

I see so many eye protection glasses all for particular wavelengths.  Any idea the wavelength of this thing, so I know what glasses to get?
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 11:17:22 AM EDT
[#14]
So I take it this thing can put your eye out if you looked into it?
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 11:30:56 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Let's just say that the flashlight and the laser were just SOME of what I ended up ordering.

The place is dangerous because I buy so much crap that I don't need. It's so cheap I just say what the heck and then look at the total and all the sudden I bought $50 worth of lighters and I don't smoke.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 11:33:37 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Self tattooing

wood burning

Will do!

I see so many eye protection glasses all for particular wavelengths.  Any idea the wavelength of this thing, so I know what glasses to get?

Just so you guys don't get disappointed, it's not like things will burst into flames, it may tak 1 sec to burn through a plastic bag from 6 feet away.

Red lasers are typically 630-650nm.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 11:52:32 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Self tattooing

wood burning

Will do!

Just so you guys don't get disappointed, it's not like things will burst into flames, it may tak 1 sec to burn through a plastic bag from 6 feet away.

Red lasers are typically 630-650nm.

Yeah. I don't expect it to be a killer. Or set a wall on fire with a simple swipe.  But popping balloons and lighting matches will still be neat, even if it takes a second or two.

I will still classify it as my first energy weapon.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 11:54:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Cool Laser!
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 12:04:01 PM EDT
[#19]

"Waiting for supplier"
ETA 4/4
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 12:53:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

"Waiting for supplier"
ETA 4/4

ARFCOM strikes again!
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 3:31:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Waiting for supplier"
ETA 4/4

ARFCOM strikes again!

You bastards!

Seriously though, I have been reading the little threads on the bottom of that page, and it seems that the SOP is to have someone order it, and then they get enough in stock for that person in 3-5 days. I get the impression that this is like what would happen if someone sold XM193 @ $200/k, except that there probably aren't as many high-powered laser nerds as there are gun nerds.

Just an FYI for the others who ordered. But now the important question -

WHO HAS PICS?
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 7:08:55 PM EDT
[#22]
OP, I hate you.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 7:14:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 7:22:56 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
OP, I hate you.

+1
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 7:54:18 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Um hello?????

Home LASIK surgery!    Just get a mirror and some Visine....

Link Posted: 4/3/2008 8:01:54 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Um hello?????

I for one am looking forward to crashing a 5-year-old's birthday party.

I just need to figure out how far away I can pop balloons from....
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 8:11:35 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
OP, I hate you.

Here's another one that reloaders might like. I got one for kicks and it seems to work well.

www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10515

Link Posted: 4/3/2008 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Um hello?????

I for one am looking forward to crashing a 5-year-old's birthday party.

I just need to figure out how far away I can pop balloons from....

The key will be focusing it down to the smallest point possible. I think 10' should be doable but I haven't tried with balloons.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#29]
tag
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 8:19:03 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
OP, I hate you.

Here's another one that reloaders might like. I got one for kicks and it seems to work well.

www.dealextreme.com/productimages/sku_10515_1.jpg

Im going to burn your house down with a laser!

ETA: just ordered a breathalyzer.  now i can make my own drinking game!
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 9:30:39 PM EDT
[#31]
to the OP you SUCK, i just spent about ~75 bucks because of you
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 6:46:40 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
OP, I hate you.

Every time I see a mini digital scale, I think drug dealer.
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 6:53:43 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
OP, I hate you.

I think tiny people selling produce.
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 6:57:53 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
OP, I hate you.

I think tiny people selling produce.

Link Posted: 4/4/2008 7:18:57 AM EDT
[#35]
On the way...that's a good deal on C123s too.
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 7:25:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Anybody got their laser yet?
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 6:40:15 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I have one in my kitchen my wife and I use when cooking.  Some baking recipes are a freakin' science experiment to get just right.
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 7:28:49 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Here's another one

I bought one of these off of egay (had no choice). Do a search for "CREE R2" and you will see this. It's a Solarforce flashlight using the current best of the best LED, the CREE R2. That means it will put out close to 300 lumens. Comes with the ARMS knockoff mount (if you got no qualms), stuff in the pic, plus Lithium Ion batteries (good stuff) batts and charger for ~$65. Racking a shotgun doesn't have anything on this light, shine it on the bad guy and your adversary is now ray charles.

img.auctiva.com/imgdata/7/1/2/8/4/4/webimg/110652543_o.jpg

it looks like you can get the basic light at 295 lumens for $14.39 on egay
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 7:31:15 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
WTF do you actually do w/a burning laser?  I'm the first to admit I've got lot's of worthless shit laying around.....but not sure about that one!

Have it mounted to a rifle and point it at a threat that you're not 100% about shooting to death?

The burn might make him think twice.

It could also be effective at removing animals from your property that you dont want to mess up by cutting them in half with an AK.

You shouldn't point a rifle at something you don't want to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 8:52:10 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
WTF do you actually do w/a burning laser?  I'm the first to admit I've got lot's of worthless shit laying around.....but not sure about that one!

Have it mounted to a rifle and point it at a threat that you're not 100% about shooting to death?

The burn might make him think twice.

It could also be effective at removing animals from your property that you dont want to mess up by cutting them in half with an AK.

You shouldn't point a rifle at something you don't want to shoot.

Why shouldn't you give yourself options?
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 6:59:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Would this laser be powerful enough to spay my cat?
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 8:50:51 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Would this laser be powerful enough to spay my cat?

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 5:17:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Their tracking information is nearly as bad as the USPS.  How long's it take to get the goods?
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 5:27:16 AM EDT
[#44]
steepandcheap.com

always has good stuff
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 5:43:28 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Their tracking information is nearly as bad as the USPS.  How long's it take to get the goods?

The main factor is when your stuff actually gets in stock.

They tried to deliver mine yesterday but I wasn't home.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:29:13 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What shipper do they use stateside?  How do I find out where my stuff actually is?  Like normal shipment tracking works..
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:48:42 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What shipper do they use stateside?  How do I find out where my stuff actually is?  Like normal shipment tracking works..

USPS.

You can only use tracking if you elected to pay for EMS shipping (which I did, but was a waste of money since I haven't been home for the SECOND time now to get my laser). However, the tracking, for me, took - no joke - about 2 days to update! It is NOT the kind of up-to-the-minute info you're used to getting from UPS, etc.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:55:20 PM EDT
[#48]
i posted this in the other thread with no answers.  WAHT GLASSES DO I NEED SO NO BLINDY LINK PLEASE
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:00:46 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
i posted this in the other thread with no answers.  WAHT GLASSES DO I NEED SO NO BLINDY LINK PLEASE

go to wickedlasers.com, get the red laser glasses.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:01:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top