BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:02:18 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i posted this in the other thread with no answers.  WAHT GLASSES DO I NEED SO NO BLINDY LINK PLEASE

go to wickedlasers.com, get the red laser glasses.
fank j00
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:04:31 PM EDT
[#2]
ok thats too much money  im poor as shit now.  trying to buy a house.  will regular sunglasses work?
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:19:25 PM EDT
[#3]
-_-
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:23:33 PM EDT
[#4]
reviews on the lights please!
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
How would that laser work on, say, black birds.

Here in Texas, we are overrun by the spawn of Satan, otherwise known as the Grackel. It's a horrendous bird, and there aren't enough BBs in the world to eliminate them. What would this laser do to one of those you think?

Yep, I hate those boogers too. No chance of the laser doing anything but ruffling its feathers. You could probably blind them but that would be pretty cruel, better to just shoot it with a pellet gun (if it is legal in TX?).
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:26:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh ok, alright already.

TAG.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:26:24 PM EDT
[#7]
awesome
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 9:53:17 PM EDT
[#8]
bumping this because everyone must know about the headlamp with a laser
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 9:56:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
ok thats too much money  im poor as shit now.  trying to buy a house.  will regular sunglasses work?

It's better to get eye protection that are bandpass filtered. Regular sunglasses filter all wavelengths roughly the same. That causes your pupils to dilate and let in more light which kind of defeats the purpose. I use blue plastic filters (which I have the transmission charts to) over my clear safety glasses.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:01:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Tag
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:16:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Why would you need a laser on a headlamp?  Thanks for the link I will have to check out the deals on that website.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 5:05:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Saw that I missed the postman yesterday.  Circled the neighborhood and found him and signed for my shit.  Got my package home and found..

..the batteries that I ordered for it.  Two 5-packs.  

Why ship batteries across the world without the item I obviously ordered them for?

Link Posted: 4/18/2008 5:08:51 AM EDT
[#13]
I am going to get that headlamp w/laser and wear it around the mine. I imagine hilarity ensuing is possible....
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:48:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Got my laser today!

Ordered the wrong batteries. (got CR123As, needed CR2s, went to Radio Shack and they were $10/ea, so I'll wait for my rechargeables to get here)
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:56:15 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Got my laser today!

Judging by this thread, I ordered mine the day after you did.

You got the laser and I got the batteries.

Link Posted: 4/18/2008 8:00:01 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
OMG you ass....I clicked this thread thinking "there's no way I'll buy anything" and now I'm wondering WTF I'm going to do with a laser.

How long is it going to take to get to my door? I'm ordering now.

Their ship times are hit and miss, sometimes 2 weeks, sometimes 4-6.

But free, you can't go wrong.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 8:01:00 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Bear in mind that Deal Extreme will take your money up front,will send an email assuring that he will keep you updated on you order every three days, and then you'll never hear another word nor will they answer your email until your stuff shows up six weeks later.

The Romisen RC-T5 kick ass though.

Not happened to me yet. (15+ orders)

This is my favourite light of theirs:

$13.50, cree emitter, 1xcr123a, really bright with rechargables (HURTS to look at) and best of all, a pocket clip. Twist-on, only thing that would make it better is a clicky-on, but for the price it's hard to beat.

www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.6117
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 10:21:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Well guys, I accidentally bought CR123As (normal and rechargeable).

So it looks like now I have to buy a light to go with the batteries....

I hate you all. I'm going to buy that light that was posted right before this post.

ETA: Best Buy had CR2s cheap, so I bought 3 pair to hold me over till my rechargeables get here. This thing is SICK.
Link Posted: 5/1/2008 10:31:42 AM EDT
[#19]
bump for the Kroil and AIM update
Link Posted: 5/1/2008 10:38:18 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
i posted this in the other thread with no answers.  WAHT GLASSES DO I NEED SO NO BLINDY LINK PLEASE

go to wickedlasers.com, get the red laser glasses.
fank j00

$22 for shipping a pair of glasses?

The eye protection would cost $71.98.... I might as well throw the laser away
Link Posted: 5/1/2008 11:24:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Got mine today.  The dot is too intense to view when shined on anything that's not matte black.  I could see the beam indoors with the light on, but not outside.  I don't have any problems with the build quality as some of the reviewers did.  The thing is powerful, no doubt about it.

I need some glasses.  +1 about the Wicked Lasers shipping cost.  Christ.
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 5:48:40 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What are these cool magnets which you speak of?

www.unitednuclear.com/magnets.htm

Some of those magnets will smash fingers and hands between it and metal.

They will also screw up TV's and computer hard drives.

I own Supermagnet #222. It can crush limbs if they get between it and a peice of metal.

Av.

Now I know what was inside "The Swan"
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 5:59:56 PM EDT
[#23]
ost
Link Posted: 5/6/2008 8:44:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Anyone find a decently prices set of eye protection for this laser yet?

When I am holding the laser it feels like I am holding a loaded gun.
Link Posted: 5/6/2008 10:01:28 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Here's another one

I bought one of these off of egay (had no choice). Do a search for "CREE R2" and you will see this. It's a Solarforce flashlight using the current best of the best LED, the CREE R2. That means it will put out close to 300 lumens. Comes with the ARMS knockoff mount (if you got no qualms), stuff in the pic, plus Lithium Ion batteries (good stuff) batts and charger for ~$65. Racking a shotgun doesn't have anything on this light, shine it on the bad guy and your adversary is now ray charles.

img.auctiva.com/imgdata/7/1/2/8/4/4/webimg/110652543_o.jpg

Got a link? I looked and couldn't figure out which one has all the shit. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/6/2008 10:24:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Tagged
Link Posted: 5/6/2008 2:00:17 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Anyone find a decently prices set of eye protection for this laser yet?

When I am holding the laser it feels like I am holding a loaded gun.

You aint shittin'.

Got kids in the house, so mine goes in the safe.
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 10:24:06 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here's another one

I bought one of these off of egay (had no choice). Do a search for "CREE R2" and you will see this. It's a Solarforce flashlight using the current best of the best LED, the CREE R2. That means it will put out close to 300 lumens. Comes with the ARMS knockoff mount (if you got no qualms), stuff in the pic, plus Lithium Ion batteries (good stuff) batts and charger for ~$65. Racking a shotgun doesn't have anything on this light, shine it on the bad guy and your adversary is now ray charles.

img.auctiva.com/imgdata/7/1/2/8/4/4/webimg/110652543_o.jpg

Got a link? I looked and couldn't figure out which one has all the shit. Thanks

cgi.ebay.com/CREE-R2-290-Lumens-Strike-Flashlight-w-QD-Lever-Mount_W0QQitemZ350056069124QQihZ022QQcategoryZ106974QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 10:55:59 AM EDT
[#29]
I burned plastic! Woot!

aim it at the wall and get a foot wide laser dot
aim at black plastic close up, and move it a bit, beam gets tight, and SMOKE!

low level energy weapon for the win!
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 4:51:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Update 5/20/08:
Well I was looking to order some PMAGs but the problem was nobody had the kind my buddy and I wanted in stock (black windowed PMAGs). The few places that did have them were asking for almost $18 each plus shipping.

Well after browsing through the EE, I saw an awesome ad where Black PMAGs were being offered for $16.25/ea with FREE shipping (for orders of 10 or more) It was 5 am but I saw their website said they take orders 24 hours a day (that's dedication & service!) so I called and Joe picked up the phone he was very nice even though it was 5 freaking am. In just a few days my order showed up, I give this a big thumbs up. On top of it all, he's an Industry Partner so order up folks, you know you will be kicking yourself in November if you don't:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=24&t=544549

Link Posted: 5/21/2008 6:39:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:09:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Watch out with the laser you can blind people or yourself.. Its really getting bad.. I mean i seen one made from a dvd burner a long time ago and how they are selling them to kids.. it is just as bad as a gun imo..
Link Posted: 6/14/2008 2:41:16 PM EDT
[#33]
For those of us who refuse to buy from anti-gun companies like Levi Strauss & Co, Lucky Brand Jeans is having their twice per year 50% off sale.  These jeans are (mostly) made in the USA, which is a big bonus.  

Lucky is not my favorite brand of jeans.   I prefer 5EP, KMW, APC and Nudie raw denim, which hold up much better to wear and use heavier selvege denim.  But Luckys are good for instances when I don't want to mess up my nicer jeans.   I've got one pair of Luckys and bought another during this sale.

The next time they'll have this sale is around Xmas so if you miss this one, check back on their site at that time.

Edit:  (6/30/08):  sale is now up to 75%.  Get em while you can.

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:05:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Update 7/19/08:
The thread about the guy finding a scorpion in his house got me thinking about getting a UV light. I looked around and found most UV flashlights to be weak and diffuse. Then I found this one on the trusty DX site:

www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10709

I got it in yesterday and ran around the yard with it last night and it rocks! Fit and finish is excellent, uses P60 modules, and the UV LED is really powerful. Mine came with a belt clip. I didn't see any scorpions but had no trouble spotting bits of paper in the yard from 50 feet away. Should be great for hunters looking to track blood or other people looking for bodily fluids For less than $18 bucks delivered, it's a steal.

ETA: This thing is powerful, make sure you use UV blocking eye protection.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:46:28 AM EDT
[#35]
I discovered DealExtreme a while back. I don't know how much I spent there but damn they have some kewl toys.
BTW, I treat my little 30mw green laser like a gun. At night I have lit up things a half mile away quite clearly. I have also learned to NOT use it in the house nor at anything closer than 50 feet away outdoors. Your 200mw lasers are a hell of a lot more powerful so please be careful.
So, does that UV flashlight show up blood very well? I am thinking one one to help with tracking downed critters.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top