Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 16
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:34:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Also, it just occurred to me that we should create a place on the website so we can keep track of how many people send bricks. Whether this is just a simple thing, such as a poll where people can click "yes" if they have sent a brick and a means to identify the number sent or something more elaborate where they can actually post comments, I think it would be beneficial for tracking the progress of the project. Congress or the national media may never let the size and magnitude of the effort be revealed. But we may be able to keep pretty good numbers for future reference if needed or requested by any requiring media. So let's advise that all of this be coordinated through that website and ask that everyone make sure their brick gets counted when they send it in.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it possible to have a link to www.AmericanPatrol.com to the links list?  They are similar to a Drudge report for Immigration, ie links to Immigration specific news stories from news medai Nationwide.  Those guys do a great job of actually patroling the border in addition to the Minutemen.  They patrol the borders with aircraft and remote aircraft.   Thanks!

http://www.americanpatrol.com/
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:00:26 PM EDT
[#3]
HERE IS A BIG medium sized PROBLEM WITH THE WHOLE PROCESS!

The links to find your rep is for EMAIL only! It helps you easily find your rep (mine is Phil Gingrey) but there is no mailing address linked from there. You have to go to the representatives offices page for a link to the reps home page, and then you still have to search around a bit for a mailing address.
What you need to link to is the Office of the Clerk site on the member page. It has a by state and name drop down list which has the DC offices of the reps.

Make it as easy as possible to find the place to send em!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:01:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:06:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
HERE IS A BIG PROBLEM WITH THE WHOLE PROCESS!!

The links to find your rep is for EMAIL only! It helps you easily find your rep (mine is Phil Gingrey) but there is no mailing address linked from there. You have to go to the representatives offices page for a link to the reps home page, and then you still have to search around a bit for a mailing address.
What you need to link to is the Office of the Clerk site on the member page. It has a by state and name drop down list which has the DC offices of the reps.

The problem, (i just looked into it) is that each Rep. is different. Mine lists both office addresses, some only email, some have contact forms.

I'll change the link when I get home. Thanks for pointing that out.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:09:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Time Frame?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:26:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The problem, (i just looked into it) is that each Rep. is different. Mine lists both office addresses, some only email, some have contact forms.

Actually, what we need to do is clarify that the MOST IMPORTANT thing anyone can do is send the bricks to Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (R-TN) and Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert (R-IL), then to your own congressmen/senators.  Get their addresses and you're golden.

Actually, don't bother looking them up, I know them by heart:

The Honorable Bill Frist
Majority Leader
U.S. Senate
Washington, DC 20510

and

The Honorable Dennis Hastert
Speaker of the House
U.S. House of Representatives
Washington, DC 20515
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:53:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, what we need to do is clarify that the MOST IMPORTANT thing anyone can do is send the bricks to Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (R-TN) and Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert (R-IL), then to your own congressmen/senators.  Get their addresses and you're golden.

Actually, don't bother looking them up, I know them by heart:

The Honorable Bill Frist
Majority Leader
U.S. Senate
Washington, DC 20510

and

The Honorable Dennis Hastert
Speaker of the House
U.S. House of Representatives
Washington, DC 20515

Will those addresses work for any Senator or Congresscritter?

CMOS

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:05:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Will those addresses work for any Senator or Congresscritter?

CMOS

Sure will, minus the titles.  Everything is routed from the same post office offsite since 9/11 (and maybe before that, but I never paid attention before that).  As long as you get the zip code right, they know who's where.  Also, to call and see if they got your brick, you can call the Senate switchboard at (202) 224-3121 and the House switchboard at (202) 225-3121.  Just ask for the Senator/Congresscritter of your choice.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:29:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Here is Dennis Hastert's official address:

The Honorable J. Dennis Hastert
235 Cannon HOB
Washington, DC  20515-1314

BTW, I have a file here that contains the name and mailing address of every US rep in the House. In fact, these are mailing labels that open in MS Word. If anyone needs it, you can get it here:

clerk.house.gov/members/wordmemberlabels.doc

Just right click that and save as.

Also, it might be a good idea to send a brick not only to their Washington office, but their office in their home state as well. These will be far more likely to make it to the offices and get counted. And you can bet each office will keep a count of the bricks they receive.

So, does anyone have an address for the local offices of Hastert and Frist?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:43:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I just sent this to Hannity, we all should do the same to get noticed

Sean, a bunch of us at AR15.com have a great idea:
Donate a 8" block and ship it to DC and tell them to start building the wall. We need help getting the news out .
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=454259&page=1

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:47:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Donate a 8" block and ship it to DC and tell them to start building the wall. We need help getting the news out .

STOP SENDING THE F'ING THREAD!

THERE'S A WEBSITE FOR A REASON!

JESUS H. CHRIST
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:56:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

STOP SENDING THE F'ING THREAD!

THERE'S A WEBSITE FOR A REASON!

JESUS H. CHRIST

you called?

Just kidding, come on guys think before you send this stuff out.  People have worked really hard on this to work!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:00:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:02:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Read.  The.  Thread.

The WHOLE thread.

READ IT before you do ANYTHING about this.

DO NOT link to ARFCOM.  Link to http://www.send-a-brick.com.  That's what our kind webmaster paid the big bucks for, and that's what's going to get us positive publicity.  NOT links to brainstorming/debate threads.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:03:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Am I the only one that can't get the website to work? I just get go daddy telling me it's coming soon.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:04:22 PM EDT
[#17]
I've basically been getting the word out since we started this.

Ive contacted  everyone i know + sent emails to radio and news personalities and i will continue to do so.

Looks like i might get a free write up in our local paper, i will post a link when its up.

Might get a spot on local fm 105.5 john boy and billy show.

Printing up flyers to post and handout.

Will keep spreading the word.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:08:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Think I might get a free membership for coming up with this idea?

rk

I'll fight you for it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:10:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Try clearing your temp files.

Most of the US should have it up by now.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:13:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Am I the only one that can't get the website to work? I just get go daddy telling me it's coming soon.

Do you, perchance, live in the middle of nowhere?  It might take longer for you.  Please let us know when you're able to access the site.

ETA or see Texas's post above.  He's the expert on this stuff.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:13:55 PM EDT
[#21]
For the reading impaired:  www.send-a-brick.com

CMOS
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#22]
I sent a link to the website to one of the morning show hosts on the AM talker here. I'll let you know what they reply is.

ETA: I hit up Rush, Hannity, Orielly and Gallagher while I was at it
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:33:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you, perchance, live in the middle of nowhere?  It might take longer for you.  Please let us know when you're able to access the site.

ETA or see Texas's post above.  He's the expert on this stuff.

I'm in Cleveland. When I click the link that CMOS posted, I get this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/MercuryRsingHg/sendabricknogo.gif
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:41:25 PM EDT
[#24]
I can do a broadcast-ready commercial, but I'm not sure any station would air it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#25]
I have sent emails and comments to Rush Limbaugh, Lou Dobbs and Sean Hannity. Here is where they can be contacted (keep in mind that with Lou Dobbs, the comments may be aired on tv, so type accordingly and only mention send-a-brick.com, not arf.com):

Rush Limbaugh = [email protected]

Sean Hannity = www.hannity.com/index/contact-form

Lou Dobbs = www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form5.html?9

Also, does anyone belong to Ann Coulter's message board?

www.anncoulter.com/phpBB2/

If anyone here is a member and can make a post as well as link send-a-brick.com, it would be sweet.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:48:41 PM EDT
[#26]
The Drudge Report is apparently where most of the talk radio hosts get their news. And Drudge has a place to enter news tips…

http://www.drudgereport.com/

If enough people send this in as a tip maybe he will pick up the story.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:53:08 PM EDT
[#27]
[email protected] - Bill Oreilly

[email protected]  -Mike Gallagher

[email protected] - Sean Hannity
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:00:46 PM EDT
[#28]
New question:  Say Rush picks us up.  Are we prepared to handle that kind of traffic?  What must we do to get ready?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:02:38 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
New question:  Say Rush picks us up.  Are we prepared to handle that kind of traffic?  What must we do to get ready?

What do You mean?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:07:10 PM EDT
[#30]
20 million + listeners.

Most web sites he mentions crash as soon as he says anything. Can this site handle several million hits at one time?
If the bandwidth is exceeded will someone be able to pay for the extra bandwidth to accomadate the hits?

ETA

Hannity has something like 10 million + not including the TV show plus add in all the other talkers you guys have been notifying and if Druge picks it up he had 10,671,062 IN PAST 24 HOURS.

Might be something to be prepared for.  Be prepared.........where have I heard that before? Would this a wonderful SHTF event or what.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:07:30 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What do You mean?

If a million people try to access the website at once, will it crash?  What kind of bandwidth do we have?  It may not matter now, but it will if we get mentioned on Rush or even Hannity.  Rush jokes about this all the time when people try to plug their websites on his show -- he says "You just crashed your own server."  He's usually right.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:24:28 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What do You mean?

If a million people try to access the website at once, will it crash?  What kind of bandwidth do we have?  It may not matter now, but it will if we get mentioned on Rush or even Hannity.  Rush jokes about this all the time when people try to plug their websites on his show -- he says "You just crashed your own server."  He's usually right.

well if it cant handle it, I bet we find out REALLY soon

Also any word on different Flyers, T-shirts, etc.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Well, this much is for sure.....if there are so many hits that the site crashes (say a million hits all at once), then there will have been enough attention attracted that the mission will have been completed. LOL. So that's a problem you'd love to have.

BTW, for those who have emailed and plan to call radio/tv hosts, can you post in this thread what they say? It would be nice to know who has commented and who hasn't, as well as the response itself.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:54:03 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
The Drudge Report is apparently where most of the talk radio hosts get their news. And Drudge has a place to enter news tips…

http://www.drudgereport.com/

If enough people send this in as a tip maybe he will pick up the story.

Yeah, maybe the media will "anticipate" that 20 million bricks will be mailed and then when it's only 10 million declare it a miserable failure.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:56:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Can someone email me offlist a description of the site? I've got a few Republican forums that I'm on and would be happy to post the info to bring in more visitors

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:06:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Local and small-time national guy Lars Larson mentioned it today.  Just sent the link to Jerry Doyle (yes, the guy from Babylon 5) so I hope he says something about it.  Don't forget about the little guys, they may not have a huge impact individually, but they still get airtime.

Also still getting the GoDaddy.com page efter clearing my cookies and temp files.  What gives? Never mind.  Works now...
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:44:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Here is where you can contact Laura Ingraham:

www.lauraingraham.com/asklaura
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:45:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:07:41 PM EDT
[#39]
UPDATE:  The Send-A-Brick shop is now.....OPEN!

I have the first batch of items available and an email has been sent to Minuteman Project, Inc to let them know that the donations will be on the way.  The designs shown are only the beginning, and ideas or .jpegs would be more than welcome.  I'd guess the guys doing the www.send-a-brick.com website will get a link to it soon, but if anyone wants to browse or be the first to buy then head to www.cafepress.com/sendabrick

Another_Dude
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:16:49 PM EDT
[#40]
are these legitimate concerns?  if we delay on the sending until the 5th or the 30th or??, is it possible that the Feds would step in and hinder (forbid) deliveries...
 I was thinking of how Clinton's first response to bulk mailings was to dump them unopened.

Is it something the press will attempt to ignore?  When 200K Christians gathered in DC years back,  it didn't hit the mainstream media...when 10K homosexuals protested in Washington, it had coverage by all the big liberal press...

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:45:47 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
are these legitimate concerns?  if we delay on the sending until the 5th or the 30th or??, is it possible that the Feds would step in and hinder (forbid) deliveries...
 I was thinking of how Clinton's first response to bulk mailings was to dump them unopened.

Is it something the press will attempt to ignore?  When 200K Christians gathered in DC years back,  it didn't hit the mainstream media...when 10K homosexuals protested in Washington, it had coverage by all the big liberal press...

Bricks have already been sent by a few.

The host informed me the hosting was on a Tier 1 provider.  If it isn't fast enough other sources are out there.    
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:18:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Has anyone tried to fit a brick in a USPS Priority Flat Rate envelope yet?

That way our people out west can ship one for only $4.05.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:24:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Here is a link to a good list of all members of congress, it has Washington addresses and addresses for thier offices in the home states.

www.numbersusa.com/congressinfo/
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:27:15 AM EDT
[#44]
I emailed to schnitt on both his radio shows.

http://www.schnittshow.com/main.html
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:18:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Wow, the send-a-brick.com website received about 1500 hits in the overnight hours! That's impressive. Word must indeed be getting out.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:29:46 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
UPDATE:  The Send-A-Brick shop is now.....OPEN!

images.cafepress.com/product/54216136v15_240x240_F.jpg

I have the first batch of items available and an email has been sent to Minuteman Project, Inc to let them know that the donations will be on the way.  The designs shown are only the beginning, and ideas or .jpegs would be more than welcome.  I'd guess the guys doing the www.send-a-brick.com website will get a link to it soon, but if anyone wants to browse or be the first to buy then head to www.cafepress.com/sendabrick

Another_Dude

I'm adding the store as we speak (gimme an hour). I also made the links on the links page open in new windows.

Store looks good!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:08:49 AM EDT
[#47]
couple of things I've noticed with the site.

on the "instructions page"  there is a text problem with step 4.  someone check this out and make sure I'm not the only one seeing it.

also, when opened with firefox, the media page opens like 8 new windows with the lars larson show in them.

like I said, someone else verify this.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:08:54 AM EDT
[#48]
The site has been updated.

Things we need:

1. Pictures of decorated bricks. Paints those suckers and send me pics.
2. Some to write a template letter that people can print out and send with their brick.
3. Whenever you hear, read or see Send-A-Brick in the media, send me any links and let me know about it so I can put it on the media page.

Thanks for the helps guys. Keep pushing this and keep and eye out for media.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:09:23 AM EDT
[#49]
OK, here is what I have managed to do so far this morning:

I hunted up each and every one of my area radio stations and sent emails to all of the local hosts who are likely to mention the website www.send-a-brick.com. That accounted for 5 hosts (Dave Baker, Sue Wylie, Joe Elliott, Francene, and Lee Cruise) at the stations WLAP, WVLK and WHAS in Louisville and Lexington, KY.

I have also sent emails to Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Michael Savage, Laura Ingraham, TownHall.com, and Michelle Malkin.

Let's stay at this and work hard. The more effort we put into this, the more people who will find out about it and get involved.

Also, please continue to post a list of people you have contacted or actiosn you've taken. And please post any responses you receive, such as when a radio talk host mentions this project on the air.

Git R' Done!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:12:25 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
couple of things I've noticed with the site.

on the "instructions page"  there is a text problem with step 4.  someone check this out and make sure I'm not the only one seeing it.

also, when opened with firefox, the media page opens like 8 new windows with the lars larson show in them.

like I said, someone else verify this.

Can you explain the Step 4 problem better?

The media page was screwed up because the Lars links was set to "mouseover" instead of "click on" It's fixed. If it still i messed up, let me know.

If people would, go click around the site and look for porblems again. Thanks.
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top