Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 16
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:01:00 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I was just on the Schnitt Show - WFLA-AM, Tampa - WIOD-am, Miami - WSCC-FM, Charleston

They contacted me and have jumped on board. They've posted a link to us on their site. http://www.schnittshow.com/main.html

I did a quick little interview. Nothin flashy, but apparently he's been talking about it the whole show.

Hopefully a Floridian was listening and can post up.

I listen to WFLA and work in Pinellas.  Heard your whole interview and it was well composed.  You made the points all of America has been screaming to Washington.  Schnitt also said the site originated from the website "AR15.com"!  ARFCOM on the air man!  I wouldn't be surprised if both sites get some extra traffic for a while.  You got props from me!

ETA--Schnitt is very PRO 2A too...  

He didn't really give me any time to talk. (Plus I could barely hear him, it's always like that when you call a talk radio station. That's why no one ever knows if they're on.) I would have liked a bit more time to explain a little more about it, but I guess he had already talked it to death.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:06:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
All right I tend to move slowly on these things, but other than spreading the word, and mailing some bricks what can I do to help

ETA

I have some bricks lying around to be donated.

The main things people can do:

1. Send your bricks!!! Don't blow it off or wimp out. Get them in the mail today!

2. Tell your friends and family, get them on the website and help them send their bricks.

3. Publicize it everywhere (except liberal sites) and keep doing it until they give us a nod.

4. Help out when someone asks for it.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:52:30 PM EDT
[#3]
www.send-a-brick.com is searchable on Yahoo! now. Google shouldn't be far behind.

ALSO,

"Rule 917.243(b) in the Domestic Mail Manual: When a business reply card is “improperly used as a label”— such as being affixed to a brick—the package may be treated as “waste” and not delivered, which means no charge to the recipient."

So, don't send them with pre-paid stuff or they'll be tossed.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:55:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I still think the website should be viewable at 800x600
Peoples not going to change thier settings just to view the website.
And, if they cant view it easily, they will most likly not get involved.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:00:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Step into the 90's and adopt a normal resolution.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:03:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the tees and hats that have already been shown, but im still looking for the right one(s), the one's that say, hey, i was a part of this. Im a part of arfcom. I'm just not feeling it at this point.

I want something thats gonna get me off of my hip national bank and im just not seeing it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:08:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Step into the 90's and adopt a normal resolution.

Every other website i visit works on 800x600
im not gonna change it for one website.
But whatever, you dont have to impress me.

But! if you did have to impress me, you wouldent and thats the problem.
If i was just the average joe, i would go to the website, spend about 30 seconds looking around
then click off and not go back. First impressions and all.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#8]
texas_mustang, a lot of our "base" may be people like Elite Soldier or my Dad, who for reasons of bad eyesight or just plain old technological ineptitude have "old" resolution settings.  The site should work for them, too, if possible.  We don't want to alienate people just because they're not "with the times."  

Not everyone is 25 and tech-savvy.  You said earlier that "everyone" uses Firefox now -- that's not really true.  Maybe everyone in your circle does, but I know plenty of older people who use exactly the same stuff that came on their computer when they bought it in 2001 (or earlier).  No updates whatsoever.  We need those people, too.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:49:39 PM EDT
[#9]
The cause is working for sure!  12000+ hits in just 24 hours and starting to get picked up on the radio!  Good Job everyone!!!

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:49:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
www.send-a-brick.com is searchable on Yahoo! now. Google shouldn't be far behind.

Google shows this

Free Republic
Home · Browse · Search   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Send a Brick to Congress
ARFCOM ^ | 4/11/2006 | Elite-Soldier

Posted on 04/12/2006 7:23:06 AM PDT by Dead Corpse

Donate a 8" block and ship it to DC and you are in.

Quoted: Donate a 8" block and ship it to DC and you are in.

Do you realize how cool it would be if every person p*ssed off about this sh*t (illegal Aliens/wide open borders) actually shipped a cinderblock to the capitol? just a thought

After some quick and sketchy research....it looks like it would cost around $10.00 to send one brick via USPS. A cinderblock would be cool but expensive.

1000's of bricks showing up in the capitol mailroom would be fricken awesome!

More to come and how you can get in on this great idea!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:34:05 PM EDT
[#11]
If no one has done it yet.

Someone write an article about send-a-brick  and try to get it posted on Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:51:45 PM EDT
[#12]
This is genius, quick, someone make up some tees, hats and flyers.........I might have to charge you fuckers for this one, hehehe.  

America split the atom, developed nuclear weapons, put man on the moon, explored Mars, maintains the most technologically advanced fighting force in the world...BUT WE STILL CAN'T GET CONGRESS TO BUILD A DAMN FENCE ON OUR BORDER TO KEEP ILLEGALS OUT.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:57:27 PM EDT
[#13]
If your not laughing your ass off right now, you have no pulse,,,,,,,thats all.................
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:59:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Be sure to add the smilie face on the tees!!!
put the send a brick logo on the back,
or add it to the front, underneath the text, only smaller.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:04:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
If no one has done it yet.

Someone write an article about send-a-brick  and try to get it posted on Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Most wikipedia users will vote for deletion unless there is a specific threshold of google hits referencing the site in question. The site is less than 48 hours old, so we aren't there.

There is no doubt in my mind that this site will have an assload of google hits in due time, but if someone were to write a wikipedia article right now, they would vote to delete it on the grounds of it being new website promotion.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:52:37 PM EDT
[#16]
wht is it that on one of my computers www.send-a-brick.com comes up just fine, but on another I get

"www.send-a-brick.com

This page is parked free, courtesy of GoDaddy.com " ??????
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:01:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Somebody mentioned this in the original thread.....

WE NEED TO GET THIS ON THE DRUDGE REPORT.

A breaking news submission link on his page was mentioned.  

We need to have a firemission and hit it.

If we can get it on Drudge, it will be BIG TIME.

www.drudgereport.com
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:16:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Somebody mentioned this in the original thread.....

WE NEED TO GET THIS ON THE DRUDGE REPORT.

A breaking news submission link on his page was mentioned.  

We need to have a firemission and hit it.

If we can get it on Drudge, it will be BIG TIME.

www.drudgereport.com

Gotta work the bugs out of the web site first and get better prepaired for that much traffic,  or we will just be pissing in the wind!  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:50:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Has anyone tried to get a link on the minutemen site?  Alot of pissed off americans got to be checking their site out.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:07:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Update !!! I just contacted Hannity's PR person and informed her about sendabrick.com and she said she would send an email to him. I'll let ya know what happens!

Thanks,
Tammy
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:16:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Just grabbed 3 more people at work & neighbors to "send a brick" - printing up flyers and distributing them as well.

KEEP IT UP!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:23:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Has anyone tried to get a link on the minutemen site?  Alot of pissed off americans got to be checking their site out.

Ive been trying to get on for the last 24hrs, i keep getting page not found. Can anyone else access it?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ive been trying to get on for the last 24hrs, i keep getting page not found. Can anyone else access it?

I think that is taken care of.  All proceeds from the send-a-brick.com store go there....
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:35:59 PM EDT
[#24]
tag for when i get home, i have a few spare bricks i can send.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:37:54 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that is taken care of.  All proceeds from the send-a-brick.com store go there....

Yeah, they have a link, but can anyone access it?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:42:14 PM EDT
[#26]
OK, it seems we have made good progress so far. But there is so much more that needs to be done. As of right now, what is the most critical piece of work that needs to be done in order to spread the word?

I am amazed that there has already been over 14,000 views, especially considering the site has just been up for maybe 36 hrs. This is amazingly fast growth. So the site is doing well. But we can't afford to slack off now. We need to keep the energy up at a high level.

I see that send-a-brick.com has now been mentioned on at least 6 different radio talk shows. Now we need to get more involved. How many people here do we have that have the ability to listen to some of their local (or even national) talk shows and call in when the issue of border security/illegal immigration comes up and mention the site and the cause? We need to try to hit all 50 states and as many of the major markets within those states,  if at all possible.

I realize that some states have more members than others. So some of us might need to help pick up the slack and monitor other stations via the net and call in to shows outside our normal listening areas. Of course we'd need someone skilled in public speaking who won't get nervous or lost for words as well as someone who understands the project's missions and goals. I am not the greatest public speaker, so I am not sure I'd be the best person for that job. But I will do a lot of the legwork here in researching talk shows, locating their phone numbers, the time of day they are on the air as well as the stations and live streaming links needed to monitor them. Then we can assign specific people specific stations to monitor, then advise them to call-in whenever the subject would be suitable to the discussion taking place on the show. It seems illegal immigration and border security is a frequent topic on most shows these days, so it shouldn't take long to get the opportunity.

I think Lady Liberty would probably be the best overall candidate we have for making a few calls (as well as taking some from the media as we grow and get more attention). But obviously, she can't do it all by herself. Who else here feels comfortable with monitoring some shows and making a few calls to help spread the word? If some people are willing, I will go ahead and begin an online search for talk radio stations that stream online, as well as put together a schedule of the hosts, show air times and their toll free numbers (when applicable) so you will know when and where to monitor. Is anyone willing? Let me know and I will get to work on a listing of shows ASAP and will post them back in here in this thread for easy reference. Then the volunteers can select which programs they want to take.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:49:03 PM EDT
[#27]
I already sent a message to LadyLiberty but I'll post it here just in case.. I'd be happy to help out in the media/pr arena. Just let me know what you need from me.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:52:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:54:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Does anyone have gun shows this weekend? Maybe run off a bunch of fliers and hand them out at the show or find a dealer that will put them on his table?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:02:14 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I already sent a message to LadyLiberty but I'll post it here just in case.. I'd be happy to help out in the media/pr arena. Just let me know what you need from me.

Tammy, you rock!

I am now in the process of tracking down a bunch of various local shows around the nation. I will post all of the info back in this thread as I gather it. I will try to list state, city, station, show, live streaming link and the phone number. If you have any spare time to do this, you can select which station/s you'd like to monitor and we'll go from there. In addition, since some shows get swamped with calls and it's difficult to get through, we might want to send them an email also. I'll try to include all of that stuff.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:11:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Awww thanks!! I try!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:12:42 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Does anyone have gun shows this weekend? Maybe run off a bunch of fliers and hand them out at the show or find a dealer that will put them on his table?

We have one comming up next month.

I'm friends with the hosts of the two biggest shows in my area.
Flyers WILL be distributed!!!!!!!!!

Got some im gonna hand deliver to all the pawn shops/gun stores tomarrow
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:14:42 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Awww thanks!! I try!

We gonna have to put togeather a build party for Tammy!!!  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:22:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Thanks!!! I'm ready for a Party! Tammy
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:23:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Could anyone dig up the contact info for Jon Stewart/Comedy Central?  I dug around on their website but wasn't able to locate anything.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:32:18 PM EDT
[#36]
OK, here's the first station and this one is in a heavy hitter market:

WBAP News/Talk 820
www.wbap.com
Fort Worth, TX

Programs:

The Mark Davis Show ( 9AM - 11:45AM)   [email protected]
The Mark Levin Show (6 PM - 8 PM)
David Gold Show (8 PM - 10 PM) [email protected]
The Jerry Doyle Show (10 PM - 12AM)

WBAP Talk Line: 214-787-1820

This station does stream live from the above website. It can also be heard over a very wide area, as it's a  very powerful AM station. I can hear WBAP all the way up here in Kentucky at night.

OK, who can take one or more programs from this station to monitor, email and call (provided you can get through)? And will you be willing to keep track and report back if we get mentioned on any of this station's programs, either by the host or through your call?

Once we have a taker, I'll post another station. We should nickname this specific effort within the bigger effort "the adopt a station" program. Hehe.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:36:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Can someone please tell me what I'm doing/not doing that is causing the godaddy page and not the actual page show up? I'd really appreciate it. I want to tell people about it, but I'm not going to send people a link that I can't even get to work.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:42:44 PM EDT
[#38]
If you are hanving trouble try sendabrick.com   It seems some nameservers are not updating nearly as quickly as one would hope.

I wish people would have waited to alert the media,  The kinks were not worked out yet but alas that's a moot point.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:46:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Hey one of my emails have paid off!  

www.AmericanPatrol.com has listed the website on their daily news list.  Now I'll have to get them to add a permanent link!

American Patrol
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:09:55 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
If you are hanving trouble try sendabrick.com   It seems some nameservers are not updating nearly as quickly as one would hope.

I wish people would have waited to alert the media,  The kinks were not worked out yet but alas that's a moot point.

No, I still get the godaddy page.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:11:59 PM EDT
[#41]
i've got some cinderblocks lying around, so i'll try and get one in the mail on saturday.  this is a great idea, guys!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:12:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Try this one!    http://72.34.47.186/~sabar15/
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:13:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Doh.  

I checked the settings on my end and they are fine.

For those of you who can't get to the site through the domain need to get on your providers about updating their stuff daily.

Sendabrick.com/.net/.org/.biz all forward to Send-a-brick.com/.org

Sendabrick.info is forwarding to 72.34.47.186/~sabar15/ for now.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:28:50 PM EDT
[#44]
I just sent an email off to Mark Belling. He is a local host here in Milwaukee and fills in for Rush quite often. http://www.belling.com/main.html If a few other people would send him and email I am sure he will mention it on his show and whatever he says the local papers seem to pick up on a week or so later and with a hot topic like this it has the potential for alot of airtime on his show.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:42:16 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Doh.  

I checked the settings on my end and they are fine.

For those of you who can't get to the site through the domain need to get on your providers about updating their stuff daily.

Sendabrick.com/.net/.org/.biz all forward to Send-a-brick.com/.org

Sendabrick.info is forwarding to 72.34.47.186/~sabar15/ for now.

Thanks anyway. I at least know it's not your fault now.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:03:24 AM EDT
[#46]
I know there was a post about FNC but how about Fox N Friends directly?

Sorry if I didn't catch the post but thought I'd ask anyway.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:51:24 AM EDT
[#47]
I was talking with one of the local shows here in Tucson (KNST-AM 790) and they seemed intrested with the idea. Tomarrow I will drop off a flier to them.

Then I'm going to mail my bricks!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:59:08 AM EDT
[#48]
UPDATE:

I'm looking for someone who can help with the website duties, and mainly get it to work for everyone.

If you have experience and would be willing to donate your services, please IM me with your info and links to any sites you have worked on.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:59:40 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I was talking with one of the local shows here in Tucson (KNST-AM 790) and they seemed intrested with the idea. Tomarrow I will drop off a flier to them.

Then I'm going to mail my bricks!

Excellent! Thanks for taking the time to do that.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:46:52 AM EDT
[#50]
im going to get flyers made and hopefully passed out tomorrow at my school...if i cant get them made tomorrow i will be passing them out monday    gig 'em ags
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top