Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:36:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks interesting but more like an HK variant than a Glock take off.

I'm no fan of manual safeties, or hammers for that matter. Too easy to get bits of bone/flesh caught in between the hammer and pin or safety mechanism. Plus if your hand is shot it may be difficult to operate complex small controls like a safety or a heavy DA trigger.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:52:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
FN Herstal, along with chocolate, waffles, cheese fries, and lace; is one of the only good things to come out of my anscestral land of Belgium (my great grandparents immigrated sometime prior to WWII).  For a nation that has only functioned as a speed bump for German invasions in the past, they have a very good weapons industry.

This is another handgun that I'm going to have to give a serious look when I go to get a pistol on my 21st birthday.  Decisions, decisions.

What about best beer in the world????????????

Wouldn't know about that, I don't drink, and my parents don't either.  I'll leave the beer evaluations to the experts
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:07:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nothing new.  Might be interesting if:
1.  Bigger slide release
2.  Large capacity mag like Glock
3.  No internal lock/mag safety
4.  Cheap spare mags
5.  Tolerates high pressure loads
6. Needs to have corners rounded off for no snaggage.

1. Slide release is bigger than a Glock.
2. Ummm 16+1. 1 round less than a Glock.
3. Why would you want one?
4. Same price as HK and SIG mags.
5. How do you know it doesn't?
6. In all my years of carrying square guns like 1911s and USPs with non bobbed hammers I have NEVER had a snaggage problem.

I don't want a mag disconnect....that and the internal lock are my biggest turn offs when thinking of buying a new gun (not specific to this one).  I hate glock slide releases, but I still like Glocks (too reliable to pass for one little problem with a otherwise outstanding gun).  I guess I'm spoiled by my HK, because the slide release on that thing is frigging huge.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:10:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nothing new.  Might be interesting if:
1.  Bigger slide release
2.  Large capacity mag like Glock
3.  No internal lock/mag safety
4.  Cheap spare mags
5.  Tolerates high pressure loads
6. Needs to have corners rounded off for no snaggage.

1. Slide release is bigger than a Glock.
2. Ummm 16+1. 1 round less than a Glock.
3. Why would you want one?
4. Same price as HK and SIG mags.
5. How do you know it doesn't?
6. In all my years of carrying square guns like 1911s and USPs with non bobbed hammers I have NEVER had a snaggage problem.

I don't want a mag disconnect....that and the internal lock are my biggest turn offs when thinking of buying a new gun (not specific to this one).  I hate glock slide releases, but I still like Glocks (too reliable to pass for one little problem with a otherwise outstanding gun).  I guess I'm spoiled by my HK, because the slide release on that thing is frigging huge.

Yes it is

But half the time I don't use it, slap in the mag hard enough and it releases on its own
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:12:41 PM EDT
[#5]
"Barrel length 101.6 mm"

WTF does this translate to in ENGLISH?  What's with the "mm" gibberish? (How long is the barrel?)
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:22:43 PM EDT
[#6]
25.4mm per in, so 4in
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top