Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 8:02:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I agree, I don't know why they felt the need to split all the characters up at this point and try to get into their "psyche".  They should have developed them by season 2.  The show has gone absolutely nowhere this last season.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 8:03:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

That pretty much sums it up.They need to wrap it up,it's gotten stale.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 8:04:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank goodness you have the freedom to stop watching it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 8:06:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thank goodness you have the freedom to stop watching it.
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 8:07:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

The whole "slay a zombie with your mouth open" thing always irks me.
View Quote
Hell yes!!!

Get bit by a zombie, turn into a zombie.  Ingest some of its blood while you stab it in the head with a 2" knife.....no problem.

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 8:11:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Explaining back story is not the same as character development.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh it's alright.  Season 2 was by far the worst. This season has been quite slow, but part of it is explaining some of the newer characters back story.  

I used to love Hell on Wheels, but no longer.  

Character development is a good thing to a story, to everyone bitching about there not being enough action might I suggest watching "Ow! My balls!" instead.

Explaining back story is not the same as character development.

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 8:15:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Really enjoyed season 1

Hated season 2

Gave it another chance with season 3 but stopped watching after. After reading a few spoilers, I regret nothing.

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 8:29:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yep. It sucks.  Used to be good
View Quote

Was it ever REALLY good more than once or twice a season?
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 4:02:19 AM EDT
[#9]
1-2 and a couple episodes of 3 were pretty good..stopped keeping track after that. Just lost interest. Last I heard the governor was still alive for some reason and nothing has killed off Carl yet so just quit watching
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 4:04:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Can't disagree.  It's all about advertisement dollars.  Every time I witness a scene, I cannot help but think about what it cost to film.  Walking in woods with 2 actors - no set prep, low budget, high advertising based on success of series.  Stupid story lines, low budget film locales = huge margin.  Got to milk it.

Walking Dead now blows anal nuggets

ETA:  Once zombies became ancillary to the story lines, the show jumped the shark.
View Quote

Agreed, it has turned into another soap oprea with a few zombies in the background.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 4:10:50 AM EDT
[#11]
I would have headed back to the prison. Guns, ammo, food, water, and a door to lock behind you. They cleared both the inside and the outside once before; this time they'd just have to get past the zeds inside the wire.

I'm not done watching the show, but this season there's a whole lot of stupid with zero lessons learned about survival.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 4:20:52 AM EDT
[#12]

The music in the beginning of last weeks episode with Bob walking around, then the retarded piano playing, holy shit, kill me!
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 4:28:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Agreed, it has turned into another soap oprea with a few zombies in the background.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can't disagree.  It's all about advertisement dollars.  Every time I witness a scene, I cannot help but think about what it cost to film.  Walking in woods with 2 actors - no set prep, low budget, high advertising based on success of series.  Stupid story lines, low budget film locales = huge margin.  Got to milk it.

ETA:  Once zombies became ancillary to the story lines, the show jumped the shark.

The problem is that it's not even that good of a soap opera.

Characters are two dimensional, I don't give a shit about any of them.

I mostly blame the lazy writers.

The show is just bad.  

Link Posted: 3/12/2014 4:31:32 AM EDT
[#14]
You dislike the show but obviously continued to watch? Need attention?

Bates Motel is good.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 4:33:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
1-2 and a couple episodes of 3 were pretty good..stopped keeping track after that. Just lost interest. Last I heard the governor was still alive for some reason and nothing has killed off Carl yet so just quit watching
View Quote

Ugh, Carl. Compare him and his father to the young son of Vigo Mortensen in "The Road." That little kid was someone you really cared about, but Carl is just an annoying PITA who deserved to be put in "time out" somewhere in the woods and then left there.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 4:38:55 AM EDT
[#16]
We have been pretty disappointed since they came back from the mid season break.  We still have last weeks on the DVR, and watched "Worst cooks in America" on the DVR last night instead of the Walking Dead.  Which is a bad sign.   On another note, we did discover "Fringe", which has been really good.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 4:39:03 AM EDT
[#17]
It's a Zombie show, every new season is nothing more than the dead season coming back!
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 4:41:44 AM EDT
[#18]
The season opener was just depressing and it just keeps on giving. The only good part of the first one was the pudding.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 4:41:49 AM EDT
[#19]
IN...

For OP's rant of next week's episode.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 4:46:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
IN...

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/12/2014 4:51:09 AM EDT
[#21]

You're welcome, OP.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 4:51:12 AM EDT
[#22]
if youre watching it as a zombie show, it probably does suck...
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 4:55:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Seems like each season gets a little worse.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/12/2014 4:57:57 AM EDT
[#24]
At least if HBO had picked it up, it'd be an ADULT soap opera (bewbies!!!) with zombies.

I've been a viewer since the beginning, but it was doomed when AMC decided MAD MEN was worth more to them than TWD.... and the departure of Durabont.
Our household is slowly departing from the "must see the first airing" TWD community, we'll watch it on demand whenever there's nothing else interesting on.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 4:58:14 AM EDT
[#25]
They all need D11's.  

Link Posted: 3/12/2014 5:01:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
IN...

View Quote

I like Allahpundit's over at Hot Air:

http://hotair.com/?s=walking+dead

Not really rants per se, but he definitely knows what's up.

About the whole "Why do you keep watching it if it sucks?" argument, here's the analogy:

Your small town has a Mexican restaurant.  It's the only Mexican place in a 50 mile radius.

The food isn't that great.  The restaurant itself isn't that great.

Yet sometimes you want Mexican, so since it's the only choice, you eat there.

That's TWD.  It isn't good, but sometimes you want Zombies so it's the only game in town.

I hope that some other network will start a good Zombie show so I can kick TWD to the curb, much like I would hope someone would open a decent Mexican restaurant so I could quit going to El Shittaco.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 5:02:33 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

well then dont watch it!

problem solved
View Quote

Much better to come here and bitch about it.

It's a show about surviving in an shtf situation...by normal, every day people. Zombies are just window dressing and the reason for the shtf. The focus is on how people deal with the shit...it's not supposed to be zombie killing all fucking episode. It's character development, taking you on a journey with the fucking people and how they're dealing with...well...losing everyone of their fucking friends and family.

If you want mindless action oriented shit...go watch 300 again.

Link Posted: 3/12/2014 5:05:17 AM EDT
[#28]
It was never good to begin with.  It was a shitty abortion based on a great comic series
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 5:05:34 AM EDT
[#29]
I couldn't even get to the mid-season break, gave up on that POS.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 5:08:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Oh look....they're still walking through the woods.

WAIT!!!!!!

OTHER people are walking through the woods too!!!

It's so compelling!!!
View Quote

What's humorous is the one scene I happened to watch was...a black woman walking through the woods.

Link Posted: 3/12/2014 5:09:32 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I was pretty disappointed with how season 3 ended. I haven't even watched a single episode of season 4.
View Quote

'Splain, please...?

Season 3 ending was magnificent.

Link Posted: 3/12/2014 5:11:12 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Breaking Bad sucked ASS. I bought all of the seasons at once because everyone raved about it. It was so damn boring till half way through the next to the last season. The last one wasn't bad either.

But on a total it just was slow and fucking boring.

Must be a lot of thumb sucking mind numb robots here. To think that show was great

I no longer take ARFCOM's advice on movies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That and Breaking Bad are two shows that I could just never get into. Oh well.

Breaking Bad sucked ASS. I bought all of the seasons at once because everyone raved about it. It was so damn boring till half way through the next to the last season. The last one wasn't bad either.

But on a total it just was slow and fucking boring.

Must be a lot of thumb sucking mind numb robots here. To think that show was great

I no longer take ARFCOM's advice on movies.

One last piece of advice before I go... PowerPuff Girls might be good for you.

Link Posted: 3/12/2014 5:12:21 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I just watched the first 2 shows of the second season of Vikings.

Soooo much happened compared to TWD.

They would have taken that first half hour of the premier of Vikings and made it into 3 hour long episodes of TWD.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's right...I said it.

This show is so fucking boring I can't stand it anymore. Yet one more thing that I once loved and now hate.

Oh look....someone else is walking through the woods. Fuck this shit. It's the same shit every episode over and over and over and over and never introduces anything new or interesting.

Oh....look at all the cool hairstyles we get to have in the zombie apocalypse.

Fuck this noise. Where's a Frank fucking Darabont?!

It always sucked. Terrible acting. A soap opera with zombies.

I just watched the first 2 shows of the second season of Vikings.

Soooo much happened compared to TWD.

They would have taken that first half hour of the premier of Vikings and made it into 3 hour long episodes of TWD.

I made it ten minutes into 'Vikings' and knew it was going to be a snooze fest.  I was right.

Link Posted: 3/12/2014 5:13:03 AM EDT
[#34]
The show needs a Shane.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 5:13:34 AM EDT
[#35]
That's how it works. The boring stuff continues as they near the season finale. The good stuff happens last for TV. You can always read the comics or compendium.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 5:22:12 AM EDT
[#36]
The wife has watched from the beginning, I only picked it up last season, whatever season that was.

Is it just me, or do the zombies seem to be getting faster? If they get WWZ fast, the survivors are toast.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 5:24:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

This show is so fucking boring I can't stand it anymore. Yet one more thing that I once loved and now hate.

Oh look....someone else is walking through the woods. Fuck this shit. It's the same shit every episode over and over and over and over and never introduces anything new or interesting.

View Quote

ok...don't watch it anymore?
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 5:26:50 AM EDT
[#38]
I still love it!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 5:35:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I still love it!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

same here...I'm really enjoying the character episodes and how they're all progressing...but I really dislike carl...I was hoping he'd get his throat ripped out.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 6:14:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

I never could get into walking dead, just can't get pass the zombie part.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 6:24:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

THIS!!!

Walking Dead has become a show about relationships, just like the other 10000 shows out there about relationships.  Zombies are a background story now, and it's getting tiresome.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 6:24:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
That and Breaking Bad are two shows that I could just never get into. Oh well.
View Quote

Right there with you.

But for me, Breaking Bad sucks the schlonger even harder than Walking Dead.

All of the emotional, drama faggotry kills both series. Nothing more than Soap Operas for men.

"Ooh, he's with her. Oooh, she did this, he did that"...blah-blah-blah-blah.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 6:24:50 AM EDT
[#43]
I watched 3 episodes of Season 1 before I realized it was shit.  Thank God I didn't waste any more time on this repetitive nonsense.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 6:30:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It's a show about surviving in an shtf situation...by normal, every day people. Zombies are just window dressing and the reason for the shtf. The focus is on how people deal with the shit...it's not supposed to be zombie killing all fucking episode. It's character development, taking you on a journey with the fucking people and how they're dealing with...well...losing everyone of their fucking friends and family.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
well then dont watch it!

problem solved

This here.  It's more than just zombies, if it was just mindless action killing zombies 99% of the time it would get boring.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 6:31:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Big ones!
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 6:31:51 AM EDT
[#46]
OK, how would YOU write a multi-season zombie TV show THAT WOULD BE SOMETHING THAT JOE SIXPACK AND JANE SOCCERMOM WILL ACTUALLY watch, since the show is paid for by advertising?

Some kind of militant GD'ers wet dream bunker with all the AK clones and tacticool you can eat?

Yeah, that'll play well with the average American.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 6:41:36 AM EDT
[#47]
uh... change the channel?
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 6:43:47 AM EDT
[#48]
I'm glad most of you are quite young and didn't live through the music video era (when they were not just performance vids, but had a micro story).

Y'all would have said things like:

- "You can't get chicks that easily!"

- "He's not really playing that guitar on those desks!"

- "No way dancing gang bangers crawl out of the sewer like that!"

- "Vegemite isn't real!"

- "There's no La Isla Bonita, it's a sham!"
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 6:44:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

You shut your whore mouth
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 6:45:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm glad most of you are quite young and didn't live through the music video era (when they were not just performance vids, but had a micro story).

Y'all would have said things like:

- "You can't get chicks that easily!"
- "He's not really playing that guitar on those desks!"
- "No way dancing gang bangers crawl out of the sewer like that!"
- "Vegemite isn't real!"
- "There's no La Isla Bonita, it's a sham!"
View Quote

A music video ain't exactly the same as a TV series that is billed as a serious drama.
Page / 6
Top Top