Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:21:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I be damned, I was just looking at their ad in shotgun news . Well they just lost another customer.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:29:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Not to appear dense, but did you actually determine that they did indeed receive your returned upper?
Was the guy who cut the check and signed for your upper a Model 1 employee AT Model 1's store? I didn't hear if UPS verified where they took your package.  I just want to clarify this.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:33:38 AM EDT
[#3]

It's up to UPS to resolve this issue, period.  

arowneragain is the shipper and has a valid claim with them.  

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:36:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Not to appear dense, but did you actually determine that they did indeed receive your returned upper?
Was the guy who cut the check and signed for your upper a Model 1 employee AT Model 1's store? I didn't hear if UPS verified where they took your package.  I just want to clarify this.

As I understand it, the UPS driver visited M1S, but couldn't resolve anything.

His supervisor is supposed to be visiting M1S to discuss the matter with them.

Apparently, the same "non-employee" that signed for my package, also signed for a COD package for which M1S paid by check.

So, if that is the case, it would appear that M1S is either:

1) lying, or

2) paying (with company checks) for C.O.D. shipments that are being recieved by this same "non-employee".

The guy who answers the phone for M1S (last time I called) is a first-class jerk, but the lady who answered on other occassions was super-nice.

Just how big of a company is M1S anyway?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:38:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
>
> We know, He shipped something here and we never got it................So he's whining about it to anyone who he thinks will listen
>
>

I'm listening .... and so is potentially 50,000+ members and who knows how many unregistered visitors!

EVEN IF, they are at zero fault here, they could AT LEAST act like they GIVE A DAMN!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:39:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I be damned, I was just looking at their ad in shotgun news . Well they just lost another customer.

+1

With that attitude the quality of, or price of product means nothing!

CH
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

True, but honestly, while I don't care who resolves the issue, I would like to see whoever actually lost/misdelivered/stole/hid the package identified.

Either M1S or UPS has a bad egg working for them, or M1S made some really unethical choices here, or some combination of the above. It would be to the benefit of all involved if the 'guilty party' were properly identified.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

True, but honestly, while I don't care who resolves the issue, I would like to see whoever actually lost/misdelivered/stole/hid the package identified.

Either M1S or UPS has a bad egg working for them, or M1S made some really unethical choices here, or some combination of the above. It would be to the benefit of all involved if the 'guilty party' were properly identified.

On that note, the sale M1S will lose over this will drawrf the cost of making this right with you and dealing with UPS themselves, Actrually, stepping up to the plate and taking one for the team would likely generate more sales.

Does not look good for M1S. They lost any future funds from this cowboy!
CH
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:45:50 AM EDT
[#9]
So Long Model One Sales. You will never EVER see a dollar of my money. I PROMISE I am forwarding this thread to all my closest friends. I am confident that they will see things as I do. You guys think you are above having to please the customer......hahahaha......alrighty then....its on.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:45:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Just how big of a company is M1S anyway?

The better question - HOW GOOD OF A COMPANY IS M1S?

The answer seems to match their reputation - not very good.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:46:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:48:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Contact the CC company immediately. Don't let the charge stand if you can help it. M1S isn't doing you any favors, so don't do them any.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:49:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Lay the blame on both but dont trust United Package Smashers just yet.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:50:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Sounds like a AR15.com  fire mission is coming soon to an unethical dealer near you!

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:53:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
As you approach the 30-day mark, I'd consider calling your CC about the matter since they usually only have a 30 day window for such disputes.

+1

I think you have 60 days to dispute charges, but since you DID recieve it, you may be SOL going that route.  Still, I would do it anyway.  Plus, IIRC it has to be in writing.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:54:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Tag, and Model1, if you don't step up, you've lost my sales, and everybody I can influence.  Sounds like J&T gets my business yet again.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:55:07 AM EDT
[#17]
I've bought stuff from M1S in the past.  No more...that "whining" line just lost them a customer.  I'll reconsider if they post a public apology.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:57:10 AM EDT
[#18]
I would say that if the C.O.D. was paid for with a Model 1 Sales company check, then they are either lying about receiving your upper or somebody has scammed them very badly.  If the driver is certain  he delivered the upper to them, and his supervisor is certain as well, then someone is telling a very big fib.  It would seem to me that if it came down to it, UPS could polygraph the driver.  

If when this is finally cleared up and you get your money back you find that UPS was correct in that they delivered your upper to M1S, then I would say that M1S is responsible.  If someone did pay for a COD with a real or forged M1S company check, they would have to be pretty slick to do that and intercept your package as well.

Right now I'm thinking that M1S got your upper.  If it was the regular driver, I'm sure he would know where to deliver.  He would also not want to risk his job.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:27:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:29:33 AM EDT
[#20]
They don't give a fuck.  Arfcommers aren't their market anyway...they make their money selling their cheap-ass knockoff parts to Billy Bobs at gun shows.  

Back before I knew any better, I bought an upper from them at a gun show on a Saturday.  Surprise-  Saturday afternoon it wouldn't run.  I brought it back on Sunday wanting an exchange, and the asshole (that little brown haired weenie with glasses) would neither exchange it nor refund my money.  And I HAD A RECEIPT, and HAD BOUGHT IT FROM HIM PERSONALLY the day before.

Cost me $50 to have the chamber unfucked by a gunsmith who KNEW how to use a reamer, then I sold it to a friend at a loss.

ABC for me, and fuck Model 1/Sherluk/Nesard right in the ass.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:34:01 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
They don't give a fuck.  Arfcommers aren't their market anyway...they make their money selling their cheap-ass knockoff parts to Billy Bobs at gun shows.  

Back before I knew any better, I bought an upper from them at a gun show on a Saturday.  Surprise-  Saturday afternoon it wouldn't run.  I brought it back on Sunday wanting an exchange, and the asshole (that little brown haired weenie with glasses) would neither exchange it nor refund my money.  And I HAD A RECEIPT, and HAD BOUGHT IT FROM HIM PERSONALLY the day before.

Cost me $50 to have the chamber unfucked by a gunsmith who KNEW how to use a reamer, then I sold it to a friend at a loss.

ABC for me, and fuck Model 1/Sherluk/Nesard right in the ass.

Hmmm..... the list of "Fuck Yous" is getting longer. Probably would have been cheaper to take care of the whining customer at this point.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:36:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Buy from SAWLesales next time.  He may be an asshole(in some people's opinion), but all his shit is of known provenance and WORKS, because it's made for people who kill people and break things, not Billy Bob range hicks.

Or ADCO, who are NOT assholes and sell good stuff too.

Or J&T, see comments on ADCO.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:39:20 AM EDT
[#23]
I was debating on buying a Model1 parts kit and mega lower or just a complete bushy from Aimsurplus.
This thread made the decision for me. I just called Aim
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:40:30 AM EDT
[#24]
This might help to get M1S attention...
...!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:41:08 AM EDT
[#25]
I ordered a M1S M4 kit last Wednesday and was told it would ship probably the next day by the little lady on the phone.  harge so I gave them a call.  Got the guy on the phone this time.  He said it had not been shipped yet because I had asked for the Yankee Hill Light Weight hand guard and it had to be assembled still.  I was told that it would be assembled on Saturday and would be shipped Monday. harge

Tuesday, still no charge so i call again.  Was told again that it would ship "tonight".hargehinking
The best part of all of this is that I canceled the order before I saw this thread!!

I'll be calling Krista at RB Precision!!!!

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:42:27 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
www.fareasttravelonline.co.uk/fried%20chicken.jpg...!

So you met the fat fried-chicken eatin' lady at a gun show back when they were Nesard, then?  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:45:15 AM EDT
[#27]
9mm upper on hold pending outcome.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:51:01 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Buy it from J&T.  Theirs are very nice, and I wouldn't dispute their claim that they come from some of the same subcontractors that Colt uses.  I don't know that for sure, but putting one of theirs next to a Colt is visually indistinguishable in fit, finish, etc...
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:51:24 AM EDT
[#29]
I bought a kit from them when they were Nesard..or however you spell it...back in the mid 90's...the whole kit was a piece of crap...called them for a week trying to get my money back or at the very least trade it for a another kit...in the end they would hang up on me.....ended up trading it off to a fellow for some mags at a gun show, even after I told him that it was junk...he was looking....."Something to tinker with"...

Never again...I see then at the gun shows here and I give them the finger everytime..
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:52:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Funny thing I would read this thread today.

I need to get another upper, and as its for a gift rifle, I am kinda pressed for time. I was going to get it from M1S later today.

Damn, Im glad I read this thread. Fuck my pal, I know you will fuck me. Pass.

Some people never learn. Good customer service creates customers, bad service sends them away in droves.

<sigh>

arowner, thankx 4 sharin, you may have saved me or someone else a headache!

Good luck.

m

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:55:23 AM EDT
[#31]
"Whining?"  That is unacceptable. Even if arowneragain was whining, that comment was unprofessional at best and just plain rude at worst.  I shall do no business with M1S so long as they conduct themselves in such a manner.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:56:06 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Buy it from J&T.  Theirs are very nice, and I wouldn't dispute their claim that they come from some of the same subcontractors that Colt uses.  I don't know that for sure, but putting one of theirs next to a Colt is visually indistinguishable in fit, finish, etc...

Thanx for the tip.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:57:19 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
"Whining?"  That is unacceptable. Even if arowneragain was whining, that comment was unprofessional at best and just plain rude at worst.  I shall do no business with M1S so long as they conduct themselves in such a manner.

I think that M1S should kiss arowneragain's ass publically. With loud smooching sounds even.

If I were him I'd just want my money.  Who needs their chicken-grease soaked pot metal made in Taiwan garbage.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:59:34 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

...!

How long did you HUNT for that pic?  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:02:44 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I need to get another upper, and as its for a gift rifle, I am kinda pressed for time. I was going to get it from M1S later today.

Damn, Im glad I read this thread. Fuck my pal, I know you will fuck me. Pass.

Some people never learn. Good customer service creates customers, bad service sends them away in droves.

<sigh>

arowner, thankx 4 sharin, you may have saved me or someone else a headache!

Good luck.

m

Ooops.  Guess I'm NOT buying that kit from them this week.  J&T it is.

Job well done on the customer service.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:02:59 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you met the fat fried-chicken eatin' lady at a gun show back when they were Nesard, then?  

LOL

At the last Reno show the whole clan was suckin down chicken when I went by!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:04:56 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL

I'm surprised that old witch isn't dead of a massive heart attack by now.  She used to sit behind their glass at the show and stuff her face with fried chicken all weekend at the show - that's how the chicken grease covered parts thing got started, and this was back in '93!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:05:49 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I need to get another upper, and as its for a gift rifle,
<sigh>

Thanks CavVet! i never even told you my B-day is comiong up!!!!

Dang, looks like you guys went on a wing hunt

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:08:14 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How long did you HUNT for that pic?  

1---Google
2---Results 1 - 20 of about 9,350 for fried chicken. (0.13 seconds)
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:09:05 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:14:16 PM EDT
[#41]
I just sent them an email:

Due to the following issue, I will not be placing my order for a 20" complete 6.8 kit I was ordering for myself, nor the 2 16" CAR kits I was ordering for my sons for Christmas. This is unfortunate, as I had heard good things about your company prior to this, but this issue has destroyed tthat in my mind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Xxxxx wrote:
>
> You should really check this out. Seems you are in the middle of a dispute between UPS, and a customer. Regardless who is at fault, m1s is involved in a negative situation.
>
>
>
> Regards,
>Xxxxx
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: [email protected]
> To: Xxxxx
> Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 9:17 AM
> Subject: Re: M1S customer service under fire....
>
>
> We know, He shipped something here and we never got it................So he's whining about it to anyone who he thinks will listen
>
> Thank you very much
>

That sucks, I was ordering mine tomorrow, and one of the CAR kits each for the next 2  paydays. Sad really.

Edited to add :
This is hte response to mt email:
Ok, No problem

Thank you

Then a couple of minutes later,I got this one:
Oh by the way. We dont have a dispute with anyone. Some guy returned something to us and we never received it. His dispute is with UPS no one has ever contacted us about this

Thank you

LMAO, Their CS is #1
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:14:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Someone else's money= Whinin'

My money= legit complaint.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#43]
When I ordered my AR kit it came down to either M1S or J&T.  Real glad I went with J&T!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:16:15 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I'm surprised that old witch isn't dead of a massive heart attack by now.  She used to sit behind their glass at the show and stuff her face with fried chicken all weekend at the show - that's how the chicken grease covered parts thing got started, and this was back in '93!

Old gal wasn't there. Just a pleasantly plump young gal who knew her way around M14 parts pretty damn good.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:20:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Tagged.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:21:35 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
>
>
>

I'm listening .... and so is potentially 50,000+ members and who knows how many unregistered visitors!

EVEN IF, they are at zero fault here, they could AT LEAST act like they GIVE A DAMN!

+1
Before I Buy any Gun Related Parts I check on ARFCOM to see what Kind of company I am dealing with. This ARFCOM Community saves me $$$ and saves me Hassles with Dishonest Parts Dealers. I was Considering a M1S Upper but Not Any more
+1 NO Sale for Me

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:24:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Well, I will admit that this has caught my attention, and I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on
how this one turns out. I've bought kits from them in the past, and never had any problems, though
I can say that I thought that the price they charged for shipping on that last one was a bit steep. Ah,
well, f$*$ it, that's done and over with.

I'm in the market now for an M4 kit as soon as my SBR stamp shows up from ATFE, so they'd better
get their shit in line, or it's a damn good bet that the guys at J&T will be getting my $$.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:27:52 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I've bought stuff from M1S in the past.  No more...that "whining" line just lost them a customer.  I'll reconsider if they post a public apology.

Well, I just dropped 'bout a grand with them last month,  and my upper runs great, but it appears it's the last one I order from Model 1.

Hmmm, it's "whining" to Model1 when a customer is out money with no product and they are involved.

Gotta agree with Rik.

Funny thing is, I have a friend who is building his very first AR and I sent him to Model one for a kit. Looks like I'll be calling him back and sending him to J&T.  J&T thanks you for your business, M1.

MODEL 1, We're watching. Might reconsider if you stop acting like sanctimonious assholes.

Gonna sack up and address the issue??

SG
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:41:34 PM EDT
[#49]

The better question - HOW GOOD OF A COMPANY IS M1S?

The answer seems to match their reputation - not very good.

You all are trying to shift the responsibity of the shipper (arrowagain via ups) to the reciever (model 1 sales)

It's all %100 in the hands of UPS, like it or not, to resolve this issue!

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:42:12 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Arfcommers aren't their market anyway...

I agree, but how many people that you know come to you for an opinion when they want to purchase a firearm because they know you're a "gun nut"?   From this point on, I can assure you that my "opinion" will be resting on someone other than Model 1 unless somebody from there steps up to the plate and smacks the asshat that made that earlier comment and rights their wrong to ARowneragain.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top