Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:42:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I ordered from them about 3 years back and after the trashed upper I got, returned, and charged re-stock fee, swore never again.  Sorry to hear of your trouble, keep us posted!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:47:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Waldo,  READ all the details of this guys situation.  His package WAS delivered along with another package , both of which where verified with UPS. The other package was a COD which was paid for by check from model1 sales. BOTH packages where signed for by the same person, the same person who paid for the COD with a model 1 check. They now decline he works for them. how did he have access to a check with the model 1 name and account info? Bottom line, they have his part, and his money and whether or not it is a legit screw up or not, they are responsible since UPS DID deliver the part to the address.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:48:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Today!!!!!!  Still no charge so I call again.  Was told it would be shipped in the next few days....I am thinking WTF!!!!  Order canceled!  Lost another customer guys!!  I am sure your listening now.

The best part of all of this is that I canceled the order before I saw this thread!!

I'll be calling Krista at RB Precision!!!!

Can't go wrong with www.rbprecision.com
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:49:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Arfcommers aren't their market anyway...

I agree, but how many people that you know come to you for an opinion when they want to purchase a firearm because they know you're a "gun nut"?

A lot of people, actually.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:52:45 PM EDT
[#5]
If you read the edit to my last post they claim NO ONE has contacted them regarding this issue. I call BS on MODEL1.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:54:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I just sent them an email:

I sent a mail as well. You could call me
a "loyal" customer as I had purchased
several items from them in the past. No
more money from me unless they answer
this accusation in a more professional
manner.

Good luck, arowneragain!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:55:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The better question - HOW GOOD OF A COMPANY IS M1S?

The answer seems to match their reputation - not very good.

You all are trying to shift the responsibity of the shipper (arrowagain via ups) to the reciever (model 1 sales)

It's all %100 in the hands of UPS, like it or not, to resolve this issue!

At this point, its about Model One calling an unhappy customer a whiner. Besides, allegedly, property showed up and was signed for including a COD by a mysterious employee that does not exist. ......how is that arowneragains fault? If it was my business, I would be trying like hell to find out who is signing for my UPS deliveries.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:02:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

There are quite a few poeple on this site that have never had a problem with them.

Aside from that **** I Ship via UPS*** and that is how things work , like it or not.  I ship, they are responsible to me!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:07:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
>
> We know, He shipped something here and we never got it................So he's whining about it to anyone who he thinks will listen
>
>

I'm listening .... and so is potentially 50,000+ members and who knows how many unregistered visitors!

EVEN IF, they are at zero fault here, they could AT LEAST act like they GIVE A DAMN!

**BINGO!!!**

Kind of difficult to ignore the crappy tone of that email...  Can only say I'd remember that when shopping for parts....

Shitty attitudes do NOT make for good customer relations and/or company reputations and wil only cause you to lose potential sales.....

Just NOT that hard to understand.........  

Pretty disgusting behavior on their part after taking your hard earned cash.......
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:10:20 PM EDT
[#10]
any update AROWNERAGAIN??
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:10:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I love my Model 1 rifle, but it will be my last, it seems.  I am almost ready to build a new kit.  One of my students wants to build one too.  We have been picking out the configs we want over the last few days.  We were going with Model 1.  

After this?  I don't think so.  I don't care who's fault it was.  "Whiney"= totaly uncalled for.
We will be looking elsewhere.  Too bad.  I was impressed with their service.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:26:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Whoa, was just about to order a 20 inch upper when I saw this thread.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:29:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I got a lower just waiting for a new upper.
I know where it will not be coming from.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:36:46 PM EDT
[#14]
So I'm on the phone...

I called the # given for the supervisor's manager.....I get a lady who has NO IDEA who I'm looking for.

So much for being given his direct line.

Now I'm on hold.....wait, no....yep, on hold again; they picked up the wrong line...ok, I'm now speaking to a representative...we'll call him "Dale".

Dale says that, basically, he's going to 'take over' this matter, personally. They don't want to pay the claim until it's resolved....I want my money, but I understand this.

Dale says their loss-prevention department is also on board with this one....apparently, Dale has had negative dealings with M1S in the past.

They have matched the 'mystery employee' signature with a signature from a past delivery. They're now trying to find additional matches.

Sounds like UPS (while technically responsible for my package) is going to go all-out to get M1S to 'come clean' if in fact their's some shady business going on at M1S.

Anyway, the guy I just talked to sounded genuinely interested in getting this resolved.

Apparently, the UPS supervisor mentioned earlier was actually on-site when the delivery was made. That'll have to make things interesting.

Tune in tomorrow morning for another update.....
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:00:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Anyway, the guy I just talked to sounded genuinely interested in getting this resolved.

Tune in tomorrow morning for another update.....

Be sure and let us know who helps you all the way to a conclusion .... we need to praise him as much as we need to bash the ones at fault.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:15:55 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll be crossing M1S off my list of vendors after seeing this.
Good luck man, I support you all the way and it sure sounds like there's something fishy going on there.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:21:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
This might help to get M1S attention...

www.fareasttravelonline.co.uk/fried%20chicken.jpg...!

So you met the fat fried-chicken eatin' lady at a gun show back when they were Nesard, then?  

LOL

At the last Reno show the whole clan was suckin down chicken when I went by!

I'm surprised that old witch isn't dead of a massive heart attack by now.  She used to sit behind their glass at the show and stuff her face with fried chicken all weekend at the show - that's how the chicken grease covered parts thing got started, and this was back in '93!

LMFAO I haven't even thought about that chicken eatin' wench since probably about that time.  The big joke used to be around Terre Haute that it was easier to clean burnt cosmolene off a weapon than the chicken grease off a Nesard part.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:24:12 PM EDT
[#18]
This could make a good TV show.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:39:46 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Today!!!!!!  Still no charge so I call again.  Was told it would be shipped in the next few dayshinking
The best part of all of this is that I canceled the order before I saw this thread!!

I'll be calling Krista at RB Precision!!!!

Can't go wrong with www.rbprecision.com

Just put my order in with RB Precision!!!!  Lots of goodies!  Great service at RB Precision.......Thanks again Krista
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:41:30 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you met the fat fried-chicken eatin' lady at a gun show back when they were Nesard, then?  

LOL

I'm surprised that old witch isn't dead of a massive heart attack by now.  She used to sit behind their glass at the show and stuff her face with fried chicken all weekend at the show - that's how the chicken grease covered parts thing got started, and this was back in '93!

LMFAO I haven't even thought about that chicken eatin' wench since probably about that time.  The big joke used to be around Terre Haute that it was easier to clean burnt cosmolene off a weapon than the chicken grease off a Nesard part.

I wonder if we know each other.  You didn't work for that tool at Clips n Grips did you?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:52:33 PM EDT
[#21]
For those that think that this will not be felt, ad up the potential sales lost from just this thread today!. Preety big number compared to a roughly $500 it would have caused them to just make it right and deal with UPS themselves.

CH
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:54:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
For those that think that this will not be felt, ad up the potential sales lost from just this thread today!. Preety big number compared to a roughly $500 it would have caused them to just make it right and deal with UPS themselves.

CH

Par for the course with them.  They should partner up with Toad at SpESzhul WepuNz, they have roughly the same approach to customer service.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:02:47 PM EDT
[#23]
No Model 1 for me.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:13:22 PM EDT
[#24]
tag bigtime!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:18:56 PM EDT
[#25]
This shit is why I went with J&T in '97. M1S has ALLWAYS had a pretty crappy reputation.
Tagged.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:19:41 PM EDT
[#26]
I was going to buy 2 complete uppers from them before I read this thread and now they just lost my business before they even got it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:24:17 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL

I wonder if we know each other.  You didn't work for that tool at Clips n Grips did you?

I spent some time there!  I had been wondering if I knew you too?  I didn't happen to come over to your apartment in the Liberty and Chestnut area to help you put an AR together once did I?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#28]

Sorry to hear about your situation.

Next time purchase INSURANCE!

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:30:49 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL

I spent some time there!  I had been wondering if I knew you too?  I didn't happen to come over to your apartment in the Liberty and Chestnut area to help you put an AR together once did I?

Oh, for fuck's sake.  Yeah, that's me.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:02:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Glad to see problem companies like Model 1 being discussed here.This post just made me buy my 3 upper assemblies from M&A instead.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:07:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Glad to hear this.  I was planning on placing an order this weekend after payday.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#32]

I kinda thought it might be you, but all the pictures from local shoots I see, you are usually obstructed or have your back to the cam.  How's the Absinthe treatin' ya?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:13:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Why would one deal with Model 1 when they could deal with J&T or ADCO? Just curious...
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:13:44 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I kinda thought it might be you, but all the pictures from local shoots I see, you are usually obstructed or have your back to the cam.  How's the Absinthe treatin' ya?

Almost gone..but I nearly jumped up, whipped a boot off, and started beating hippie ass at the beginning of class!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:16:17 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Why would one deal with Model 1 when they could deal with J&T or ADCO? Just curious...

LMFAO... I have NO idea.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#36]
FWIW (Probably jack shit from the looks of it),  I've always had great service from them.  I just built an M-4A3 kit onto a Bushy reciever today I'm going to buy 10 kits from them next week.

I don't know if this has ANYTHING to do with the current situation but, when I placed the order last week for the M-4 kit I was talking to the guy on the other end while he was proccessing the order and he was describing the "chaos" there because of some remodeling/building they've got going on right now.  That WOULD mean alot of people on site that don't have alot to do with their day-to-day business.

Anyway, they've been good to me.  'hope things work out.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:56:06 PM EDT
[#37]
In my social circles, I am THE resource if anyone wants to know anything about guns. I have two friends who were interested in building an AR since I built mine. Neither one will be getting any positive info from me about M1S.

I wonder how much it would cost to make a run of shirts that say something like "Boycott Model 1 Sales!" or something simple like that. We could all wear them at gunshows. So far, it seems as though they've lost quite a number of sales due to this issue, and the list will only grow. Things are not looking good for M1S!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:05:31 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
No M1S for me.........

My new slogan......

"Friends don't let friends buy M1S"..........not very original but VERY effective....  

DITTO!!!

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:14:27 PM EDT
[#39]
I've never heard anything good about them(M1S) and anytime I've seen them at funshows and ask them a question they seemed annoyed. Because of this I've never given them my business!

I buy most of my stuff from Steve @ ADCO( him and the EE.)

Hessian-1out!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:25:14 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL

HAHA . Deja Vu of meeting my future uncle here on ARFcom.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:30:33 PM EDT
[#41]
anyone email this link to model 1?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:31:51 PM EDT
[#42]
OOPS!  (Sorry double post)

Hessian-1out!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:33:03 PM EDT
[#43]
When I bought a kit gun I was on the phone several times with M1S and J&T.....J&T won out.  I had to return the upper to J&T (to fix the front sight post) and they were awesome.  Go with J&T.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:43:29 PM EDT
[#44]
I wouldn't crucify M1S just yet.

Here's a couple possible scenarios that would involve a crooked (or lazy) UPS delievery person.

1. UPS guy drops off packages when noone is around.  He doesn't like to wait for a signature, so he fakes it and drops it off at the loading dock, someone steals the package.  I've seen it done for my packages, they leave the box and sign my name, luckily noone has stolen anything.

2. UPS likes guns (or likes to sell them).  M1S is on his route, so he invents a M1S employee named 'John' and every once in while he signs for the package and keeps it.

It seems more likely that UPS would have a crooked employee than M1S.  Afterall, if 'John' is a real M1S employee and he keeps signing for packages that disappear, I would assume that M1S would have fired 'John' a long time ago.

Just some food for thought.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:53:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Edit....
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:56:23 PM EDT
[#46]
UPS has done me wrong a few times already(Lost good, broken goods)

Say no to BROWN!!!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:59:27 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
anyone email this link to model 1?

Yep, back on page 2 is the reply they sent back. The reply is what is causing this feeding frenzy. IMHO, they deserve it....

Here it is for those that missed it...

*Ahem*

To the guys at M1S who I now understand to be aware of this thread.......

I haven't 'whined' about you...yet.

Now I will.

I see that you're watching this thread....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Xxxxx wrote:
>
> You should really check this out. Seems you are in the middle of a dispute between UPS, and a customer. Regardless who is at fault, m1s is involved in a negative situation.
> http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=277277&page=1
>
>
> Regards,
>Xxxxx
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: [email protected]
> To: Xxxxx
> Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 9:17 AM
> Subject: Re: M1S customer service under fire....
>
>
> We know, He shipped something here and we never got it................So he's whining about it to anyone who he thinks will listen
>
> Thank you very much
>
>
>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, did you guys ever figure out how you managed to cut a check for that COD package, signed for by the guy that signed for my package, yet you somehow never recieved my package?

Interesting, I tell you........

Are you in some sort of competition w/ UPS to see who can give the worst service?

Thanks. Not only will this now be forwarded to the appropriate folks at UPS, but you also just lost an order for the .300 whisper upper I was considering. Further......whether you like it or not, anything that happens customer-service-wise in the ar15 world WILL be discussed here, whether it involves you or any other ar15-related company. Get used to it. You just got outed on the #1 gun-related site on the internet. Merry Christmas.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:59:39 PM EDT
[#48]
ok, tagged.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:25:28 PM EDT
[#49]
HKocher, I think you missed the fact that the UPS guy delivered two packages, one of which was COD and paid for by check from someone at M1 sales, the other of which is the missing package in question. I find it really weird that M1 managed to write a check with there account and name on it and sighn for a package with the same signature that sighned for ARowneragain's package. The ONLY scenerio I see if M1 possible misplaceing the package or somehow getting it mixed up in other items but they definetly recieved it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:36:55 PM EDT
[#50]

M1S Tech Support Icon......
Page / 8
Top Top