Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
by your definition of "whole foods," if one came to THIS part of TX (might make it in liberal Austin) it'd be out of business quite quickly

you should know better than that....... my sister would do her damndest to keep "hippie foods" in business.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:30:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
damn tivoli, better late than never!!!!

if you think tivoli was late, you ain't seen nothin' yet!

why'd you send me this shit w/out a disclaimer that it was ancient?!?

i'd already posted 2x on it before i saw how old it was!

ETA: Never mind.  Once I made it to pgs 4 & 5, I realized I wasn't the one to revive this thread.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:42:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

went to the store today............................:

wanted to buy 1 case of beer and 2 cases of mandarin oranges for my son because he can't get enough of the shit...............

Now I know what to get him for his next birthday...........  beer and oranges.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:33:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:22:13 PM EDT
[#5]
"you've got a plan, you're going to go get your shit, check out and get the fuck out of there. that never works, at every turn you're met by the two largest women you've ever seen in your life, that are apparently good friends, having a conversation in the middle of your aisle blocking the fucking cheesy poofs you thought you needed when you got there.
"

I know what you mean brother!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:34:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
2. When I finally did get back out to the parking lot I find some stupid jack ass has parked his truck literally right ON my bumper! I just stood there in utter disbelief for a minute. WTF?! That parking space behind me wasn't big enough? You felt you needed to have part of mine as well? So I load my groceries into the truck, all the while contimplating what "friendly" reminder I'm going to leave this jerk! Then I decide that I really didn't NEED all 12 eggs in the first place so I left him a few on the windshield with a little note "thanking him for his courtesy and kindness by reminding me that I should have known he was coming and parked somewhere else. I thought it was only fair for me to return the courtesy by dumping a bottle of soda on your seat. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did." (Dumbshit left his window down)

I usually don't get that pissed. I love my truck and I figure others like their vehicle as well, so I don't get involved in retaliation by screwing up someone's car. This guy though, caught me on THE wrong day and dented my bumber anyway. Felt I owed it to him.

So...that was YOU!!!

j/k

Then you got the ass holes that cannot drive forward without careening across the white line into someone try to BACK into a fvKing parking space and use your car as their curb. Got my car hit 3 times by these nondriving nonbacking up SUV fools that think that they have to back into a parking spot. The stupid SOBs cannot manage to go forward with any meaningful skill much less trying doing it all backwards plus looking into mirrors that reverse the image plus they cannot fully see what they are going to run the fvK over until they hit it.

So, what is it with all this back in parking? A status symbol amoung the nondrivers that they can find the R on the gear selector and park differently??

wganz

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:15:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Childrens' tantrums irritate me a great deal.  For this reason, Wal-Mart is not a good place for me to go.

Here's a Wal-Mart haiku I heard somewhere:

Screams from a toy aisle.
Junior wants a 'rasslin doll.
Mama whups his ass.

I don't know what's worse, people who won't discipline their kids, or people who do it in front of an audience of strangers. When I was little and acted up in public, mom would at least drag me off somewhere so she could have some privacy while she kicked my ass.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:17:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
That's why I usually go really late at night to avoid the crowds.

Its worse at night here
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 1:53:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I am so glad that I found this site. I haven't  laughed this much in forever. I am glad to know that I still can.  I am also glad that I am not alone in my disdain for people.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:54:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Sometimes ill go to WAL-mart after work which is after 11 p.m. Amazes me how people are there at that hour of the night WITH THEIR KIDS, on a school night no less.

I used to work on a  nightcrew of a 24 hour grocery store. Those same people are coming in with their kids clear up to 3am (often drunk off their asses no less). Just GUESS how many of them are getting their groceries on my friggin dime too...

What really pisses me off is when i luck out and hop into the short line only to find that tho 100 year old woman infront of me just dumped a phone-book sized stack of coupons on the counter for her THREE DAMN ITEMS and is rooting through this stack mumbling about how she just KNOWS she has one for 3cents off her ovaltene.

Then there are the people that ARGUE with the damn scanner. Some rocket scientist drops a $50 pair of jeans on the counter and jus SWEARS that the sign said they were $9.95. Of course its price check time and guess who gets to wait.

The best POSSIBLE time to shop is between 5-7AM. All the really pathetic wastes of skin are busy being passed out somewhere and the only people in the store are folks that actually have jobs and are buying coffee, donuts, and a newspaper. You have to watch out for the old ladies though. God help you if the retirement home just dropped off a load of grave-bait for their early bird shopping. If you see that happen just put down your crap and try again the next day.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:12:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:37:50 AM EDT
[#12]
My favorite came from a post here, about a guy shopping at Wally World -in Phoenix, I  think- but it was a place where they enjoy 'open carry law'.............

when some fat-assed, trailer-bat, who no doubt thought she was thwarting the next big terrorist attack- sees this ARFCOM'er, with his rig stuck in his belt,  minding his own buisness............and she yells..................................

"LOOK OUT!!!   HE's GOT A GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I haven't been able to quit laughing about that since
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:35:42 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
by your definition of "whole foods," if one came to THIS part of TX (might make it in liberal Austin) it'd be out of business quite quickly

Good Christ, what is it with you and Austin?!  There are plenty of good people living up here.  It's not near as bad as everyone makes it out to be.  Beautiful city, decent people, great bar scene, TONS of live music, and yes.... even a shitload of Propane stores.  

Oh, and I forgot about all the nice lookin' women everywhere.  I love this town

BTW, Whole Foods is headquartered in Austin.  Me?  I can't stand shopping there.  I've lived here for 6 years, and I think I've shopped there 4 times?  (always for something for the wife).  If I need "frufru" shit, I'll hit HEB Central Market.  Normal shopping?  Regular old HEB store.  

Glad I live 40 miles away and try not to venture there often.  It has some good folks, but most are liberal, weird hippie, save the environment types.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:43:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Don't you hate it when you get store personnel who stand in front of what you EXACTLY want and block your way?  "Excuse me, employee, let me know if I, the CUSTOMER am  in YOUR way?"
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:52:13 AM EDT
[#15]
I think people are afraid to discipline their kids.  

It's either b/c some bystander will get on the phone and make an anonymous report to the local Department of Children and Family Services, or the kid will.

I'm 18, and if me or my older(25) sister acted up, we'd get disciplined for sure.

I also think the parents are afraid of the kids.

It should be the other way around.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:11:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top