Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 4/28/2024 8:22:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kc-coyote]
Yes, it's a dupe, but I hope others realize how much her faith has cost her under the Biden administration.  
Biden and Harris could care less and sadly actively encourage abortion...the MURDER of unborn children.
Thankfully Jesus will be waiting for her in heaven.

https://www.christianpost.com/news/woman-who-fled-death-camp-ready-for-jail-over-abortion-protests.html
https://www.christianpost.com/news/4-pro-life-protesters-found-guilty-of-face-act-violations.html

Attachment Attached File

A Christian woman who survived a communist concentration camp in Eastern Europe recently explained how she is making preparations to die in an American prison after being charged by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) for protesting at abortion clinics.

Eva Edl, 88, was among the 11 protesters the Biden DOJ slapped with charges for allegedly violating the Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances (FACE) Act when they protested outside the Carafem Health Center Clinic near Nashville on March 15, 2021.

In October 2022, the DOJ accused them of intimidating and interfering "with employees of the clinic and a patient who was seeking reproductive health services" at the clinic. A federal judge found her and four others guilty earlier this month, and she awaits sentencing on July 30.

Edl also faces charges stemming from an August 2020 protest at an abortion clinic in Sterling Heights, Michigan, and an April 2021 protest at a clinic in Saginaw, Michigan. Collectively, Edl potentially faces 11 years in prison and $350,000 in fines.

Edl told The Daily Signal that she is already resigned to the possibility that she will be imprisoned until the end of her life for her protests, during which she and others attempted to dissuade women from going through with their planned abortions.

"When I was indicted, I began to prepare to die there," she said. "Right now, I am ambivalent. … I’m doing the best I can to get ready. Haven’t talked to a funeral director yet."
"I’m just being sensible," she added. "There’s no guarantee that I survive it."

Edl further warned that the U.S. government is increasingly resembling the communist regime her family escaped, recalling to the outlet how she was only 9 years old when she and her family were taken in cattle cars to the Gakovo concentration camp in what was then Yugoslavia.
Edl's family were Danube Swabians, a German-speaking ethnic group in Yugoslavia that was targeted for extermination in the wake of World War II by Josip Broz, the country's communist president.
"We were packed body to body, and being a small child, I could hardly breathe," she remembered. "We had no food, no water." She added that her mother found it inconceivable that the government would persecute them until it happened, which she suggested should be a cautionary tale for Americans today.

According to her website, Edl was rescued from Gakovo, escaped to Austria and ultimately wound up in the U.S., where she became involved in the pro-life movement after learning about what she has described as America's "death camps." She has been arrested 46 times since the 1980s for her protests at abortion clinics, which she said never involved violence.

Eva Edl, 88
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:25:10 PM EDT
[#1]

It seems like if we're not turning out for this en mass we can pretty much lay to rest any notion of goverment for the people.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:25:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Unwise choice on her part. If I were the prosecutor I would give her probation on the stipulation she doesn't come within 1000 feet of an abortion clinic, at 88 she doesn't have long left and spending it in prison is a shit way to leave life.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:26:21 PM EDT
[#3]
She will realize her reward in due time.

So will her jailors.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:26:50 PM EDT
[#4]
As the Apostle said...we are always being given over to death in this world. May the Lord be merciful to her and the others. Abortion...what a pox on this nation.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:28:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 80085:
Unwise choice on her part. If I were the prosecutor I would give her probation on the stipulation she doesn't come within 1000 feet of an abortion clinic, at 88 she doesn't have long left and spending it in prison is a shit way to leave life.
View Quote
Fuck that. The law needs tossed, she can protest if she wants.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:29:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:30:53 PM EDT
[#7]
At first the arrested were near the abortion clinics.
Then the arrested were online denouncing the clinics.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:32:35 PM EDT
[#8]
This is terrible.

With that said, she was arrested 46 times? Dang, seems like she could be doing something better Roth her life.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:33:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
View Quote

Until it's tossed, the law is still the law. I'm sure she's a great person and means only the best intentions, but doing what she did has put her freedom in jeopardy.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:33:55 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

I hate what this nation has become
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:34:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kc-coyote] [#11]

Until it's tossed, the law is still the law. I'm sure she's a great person and means only the best intentions, but doing what she did has put her freedom in jeopardy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

She is following the teachings of the Bible and actively stood up to those who want to murder unborn children.  The law on earth is nothing compared to God's law.  EVERYONE will eventually have to answer for their sins.   Life on earth is short compared to eternity.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:35:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I hope she continues to stand by her belief, I wish I was as strong as her!
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:36:31 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

I would donate to the suit.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:37:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By kc-coyote:

She is following the teachings of the Bible and actively stood up to those who want to murder unborn children.  The law on earth in nothing compared to God's law.  EVERYONE will eventually have to answer for their sins.
View Quote

and this.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:37:44 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

An immoral and unjust law is no law at all.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:37:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Block a bridge or highway in the name of anarchy and see what happens.  

Apparently only abortion clinics REQUIRE access.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:40:18 PM EDT
[#17]
God speed Eva.  You showed the courage of your convictions.  Many lack that willingness, myself included.  May God bless you and keep you.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:40:25 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

So, do whatever the government says as long as you keep what “freedom” they allow you to have?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Lug1:

View Quote

What if those blockers were blocking someone going to get an abortion, they should be charged.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:40:56 PM EDT
[#20]

She is following the teachings of the Bible and actively stood up to those who want to murder unborn children.  The law on earth is nothing compared to God's law.  EVERYONE will eventually have to answer for their sins.   Life on earth is short compared to eternity.
View Quote

The teachings of the Bible mean nothing when the law is what is cited for her arrest. If you want to play the game it has to be played by their rules until enough people force the change.

Sad but true.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:41:13 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Just like you're released without charges if you're part of an illegal alien mob that attacks a cop, while a non leftist American protesting a corrupt election gets 10 years in prison for pushing a cop.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:41:15 PM EDT
[#22]

She is following the teachings of the Bible and actively stood up to those who want to murder unborn children.  The law on earth in nothing compared to God's law.  EVERYONE will eventually have to answer for their sins.
View Quote

She can strictly follow the teachings of the Bible and also not protest. I don't agree with abortion in most cases and think what she was doing was admirable, but she still broke the law (unjust or not) and the consequences will follow in this life. It appears she doesn't care what those consequences are though as she has a long history that the court will not look favorably on.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:42:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By arowneragain:
An immoral and unjust law is no law at all.

View Quote

I agree. But it's also being enforced. And being enforced on her.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:44:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By King_Mud:

So, do whatever the government says as long as you keep what “freedom” they allow you to have?
View Quote

In her case, yes. There are no ninjas swooping in from the rooftops to save her. She wasn't ignorant of the law and knew the consequences.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:45:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Yes, it's a dupe, but I hope others realize how much her faith has cost her under the Biden administration.  
Biden and Harris could care less and sadly actively encourage abortion...the MURDER of unborn children.
Thankfully Jesus will be waiting for her in heaven.

https://www.christianpost.com/news/woman-who-fled-death-camp-ready-for-jail-over-abortion-protests.html
https://www.christianpost.com/news/4-pro-life-protesters-found-guilty-of-face-act-violations.html

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/26697/Screenshot_2024-04-28_172357_jpg-3200815.JPG

A Christian woman who survived a communist concentration camp in Eastern Europe recently explained how she is making preparations to die in an American prison after being charged by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) for protesting at abortion clinics.

Eva Edl, 88, was among the 11 protesters the Biden DOJ slapped with charges for allegedly violating the Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances (FACE) Act when they protested outside the Carafem Health Center Clinic near Nashville on March 15, 2021.

In October 2022, the DOJ accused them of intimidating and interfering "with employees of the clinic and a patient who was seeking reproductive health services" at the clinic. A federal judge found her and four others guilty earlier this month, and she awaits sentencing on July 30.

Edl also faces charges stemming from an August 2020 protest at an abortion clinic in Sterling Heights, Michigan, and an April 2021 protest at a clinic in Saginaw, Michigan. Collectively, Edl potentially faces 11 years in prison and $350,000 in fines.

Edl told The Daily Signal that she is already resigned to the possibility that she will be imprisoned until the end of her life for her protests, during which she and others attempted to dissuade women from going through with their planned abortions.

"When I was indicted, I began to prepare to die there," she said. "Right now, I am ambivalent. … I’m doing the best I can to get ready. Haven’t talked to a funeral director yet."
"I’m just being sensible," she added. "There’s no guarantee that I survive it."

Edl further warned that the U.S. government is increasingly resembling the communist regime her family escaped, recalling to the outlet how she was only 9 years old when she and her family were taken in cattle cars to the Gakovo concentration camp in what was then Yugoslavia.
Edl's family were Danube Swabians, a German-speaking ethnic group in Yugoslavia that was targeted for extermination in the wake of World War II by Josip Broz, the country's communist president.
"We were packed body to body, and being a small child, I could hardly breathe," she remembered. "We had no food, no water." She added that her mother found it inconceivable that the government would persecute them until it happened, which she suggested should be a cautionary tale for Americans today.

According to her website, Edl was rescued from Gakovo, escaped to Austria and ultimately wound up in the U.S., where she became involved in the pro-life movement after learning about what she has described as America's "death camps." She has been arrested 46 times since the 1980s for her protests at abortion clinics, which she said never involved violence.

Eva Edl, 88
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/26697/Screenshot_2024-04-28_172632_jpg-3200817.JPG
View Quote

This just reinforces the notion that stolen elections have consequences.  Merrick Garland should not be within 1000 miles of Swamp DC let alone running the DOJ.

kwg
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:45:27 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

Exactly.

This is an unjust law.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:46:49 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

And you’re defending it.

Shame.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:49:08 PM EDT
[#28]

She can strictly follow the teachings of the Bible and also not protest. I don't agree with abortion in most cases and think what she was doing was admirable, but she still broke the law (unjust or not) and the consequences will follow in this life. It appears she doesn't care what those consequences are though as she has a long history that the court will not look favorably on.
View All Quotes

You are putting obedience to the government over your obedience to god.  
The government would kill you. God will give you eternal life.

Stop trying to please the government.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:49:24 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

You would think after being locked up by one authoritarian regime that she would be careful about getting on the wrong side of another one.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:49:29 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote
We were, once, a nation of laws. That is ancient history now. To those in charge,  the law is a living, breathing thing, much like their vision of the Constitution.  Just as flexible as they want it to be.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:52:11 PM EDT
[#31]
I have zero fucks to give about the religious arguments.

I have a huge problem with this on 1st amendment grounds and I think a good lawyer will shove the gov shit in.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:52:47 PM EDT
[#32]

And you’re defending it.

Shame.
View All Quotes

And you’re defending it.

Shame.

I am not defending the actual law she broke. But rather defending the mechanism of her arrest and likely incarceration.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:53:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By 20229mm:

View Quote

God does not require us to protest abortion.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:53:59 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

She doesn't give a fuck.

She knows where she's going.

She spent 4th grade in a communist concentration camp, you think she gives a fuck about this?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:55:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Brandon and that cocksucker Garland are truly pieces of shit.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:56:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nu3gawhat] [#36]
Originally Posted By ExFed1811:

You would think after being locked up by one authoritarian regime that she would be careful about getting on the wrong side of another one.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ExFed1811:

I think she learned compliance and indifference to evil, is how you end up in the cattle cars.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:57:03 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

“Safe, rare, and legal…”

Abortion is the left’s religion alongside pedophilia.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:57:59 PM EDT
[#38]
We should know the name of the judge and prosceting lawyer.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:58:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Had not heard of this law before.  Sounds like it needs a supreme court ruling.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:59:03 PM EDT
[#40]
She's facing 11 years.

A pro abortion guy firebombed a pro life group in Wisconsin and got 7.5.

There's a ton of attacks on churches and pro life groups since Dobbs that the FBI hasn't bothered investigating. They did investigate Catholic churches though.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:59:39 PM EDT
[#41]

I am not defending the actual law she broke. But rather defending the mechanism of her arrest and likely incarceration.
View All Quotes

And you’re defending it.

Shame.

Why would you defend anyone who would enforce an unjust law?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:59:53 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

I dont normally post in GD but I will make an exception. We used to call people who had the courage of their convictions “heroes”.  Now we call them “unwise”.  Please apply your philosophy to the Founding Fathers. They pledged their lives fortunes and sacred honor. Apply it to the folks in the 1950s and 1960s who practiced civil disobedience. Oh yeah. And apply to that other guy who didnt play by man’s rules. What was his name? JESUS CHRIST. A pox on your house and all those like u. I’m out.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:02:02 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

It's better than a nursing home and uncle sambo has to pick up the tab for your care.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:02:11 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

We were only following orders………..
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:03:40 PM EDT
[#45]
She’s been arrested 46 times. She’s going to jail for being a slow learner.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:04:22 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Ah yes.  God is perfectly fine with people turning a blind eye to genocide of the unborn.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:06:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Rodent:
She’s been arrested 46 times. She’s going to jail for being a slow learner.
View Quote

But she was right the whole time...whos the slow learner?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:07:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NoImpactNoIdea] [#48]

View Quote

Your post seems to be a direct contradiction of Romans 13:1-2.

Its inconvenient but you don’t get it both ways.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:08:31 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:13:24 PM EDT
[#50]

Ah yes.  God is perfectly fine with people turning a blind eye to genocide of the unborn.

View All Quotes

I can't suppose what God is good with. I can say for certain there is not commandment to protest abortion.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top