BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:38:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:42:49 PM EDT
[#2]
This one is simple dude. What did Jesus say in Matthew 10:33?

"...Whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven."
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:54:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seems like this is what's going on with the whole fuss over the use of the phrase Christ is King:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua2xjV5aWwE

ETA: summary

Candace used the phrase to ben shaprio. ETA2: Apparently this is involved with candace and ben disagreeing over the conduct of the war in israel.

Klavan indicated that he thinks she was using it as a way to "own" ben or otherwise as a cudgel and said (in the video I linked in a couple of post in this thread) words that amount to him beliving she was connating antisemitism, even though the words she used weren't themselves antisemitic.

Yeah, it's that kind of a peeing contest. I have no idea if she was actually using the language klavan referred to in an anti jewish way or not.

Enter streisand effect and the phrase "Christ is king" winds up trending and starts getting used in multiple different ways.

Christians who are just agreeing with what the words mean; and otherwise having more or less informed takes on what's going on otherwise.

Screwed up people using the phrase to "own the jews" etc (including at least a couple of people who say they are muslims).

And everyone else looking at the blowup and going ... HUH?
View Quote

That's a fair summary.

Yes, Candance Owens did use it as a cudgel, which is taking the Lord's name in vain, and a sin.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:59:20 PM EDT
[#4]
When I came to the understanding that God was the judge of myself and other people and not me, it made things a lot easier.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:00:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The founding fathers were christians but not fundamentalist
View Quote

GD's understanding of their own history is almost as bad as their understanding of their own "faith".

And possibly my grammar.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:11:54 PM EDT
[#6]
@PatriotAR15

If you have read the Bible, you were already told this was going to happen. And it's going to get worse. But...

John14:1-3 NKJV

14 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also."

Be at peace, brother. Smile and feel the love that our Lord Jesus Christ has for you. Remember what he suffered and know if he suffered that, he will not let you go without a fight.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:38:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Oh boy. "You're", as in YOU are. YOU, OP; what if YOU are wrong what if the Jews are right? What if it's the way the Muslims see it? What if it's what the Hindus believe?

You really don't know, do you? You got to believe your belief and let others believe theirs. It ain't worth fussing about.
View Quote

Look at the state of the Islamic world, then look at the Christian West, it’s clear which side got it right.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:40:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

And they would agree with the OP on the premise that there's but one way to be reconciled to God, by Christ.

I think we may be disagreeing on what fundamentalism means. Christians who believe the Bible is inerrant, believe in substitutionary atonement, the virgin birth, the miracles of Jesus, etc, without compromise, are fundamentalists.

If by fundamentalists you are referring to a group such as Westboro Baptist church, then I agree with you - the founding fathers were not fundamentalists.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:41:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

People who actually believe in hell and that it is us getting what we deserve and know ourselves unable to have even begun to earn the forgiveness we were given aren't flippant about that stuff.

Believers of a thing will act acording to their beliefs.
View Quote

I don't believe in it, but if god exists, it's a wonderful way to push people away from believing in him or wanting anything to do with him.  Why would anyone want to be friends with a god that may put you in a place of never ending torment.  Even the worst of human beings can only do so much damage in the relatively short time they are alive.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:41:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:44:08 PM EDT
[#11]
He's a scumbag and he works at the Daily Controlled Opposition.....no big surprise.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:46:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

GD's understanding of their own history is almost as bad as their understanding of their own "faith".

And possibly my grammar.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And possibly my grammar.

Yes, it is horrendous. The period goes inside the quotation mark.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:54:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

And they would agree with the OP on the premise that there's but one way to be reconciled to God, by Christ.

I think we may be disagreeing on what fundamentalism means. Christians who believe the Bible is inerrant, believe in substitutionary atonement, the virgin birth, the miracles of Jesus, etc, without compromise, are fundamentalists.

If by fundamentalists you are referring to a group such as Westboro Baptist church, then I agree with you - the founding fathers were not fundamentalists.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I mean fundamentalist, as in treating the Bible literally. It is modernly recognized as a movement starting in the 1800’s in the US.

While many of the founding fathers were Christian and recognized the Judeo-Christian values as being superior to others, most of them would not fall into that category. I am not going to go through their various beliefs, because they were pretty wide ranging, but I will point to the very first amendment in the Bill of Rights, refusing to allow a government religion.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:07:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Who is Andrew Klaven? If I don't know who he is (I'm reasonably well read...I know who Ben Shapiro and Candace Owen are) then why did someone waste the kind of energy Op did to convince me he's a heretic? It doesn't sound like someone that is any legit threat to the faith. Is Op going to tell us the crackhead on the corner shouting nonsense is a blasphemer next?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:40:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I’m confused. So are all Jewish people bound for the lake of fire? Serious question, not trying to start an altercation.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:40:41 PM EDT
[#16]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRbUTfSds0U
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:00:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

@sitkashooter

+1

One of the biggest annoyances for Jews is people trying to convert them.  They've heard the gospel.  If they want to convert, they'll convert.  Same for people of any other religion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe just worry about your own salvation instead of condemning others.

@sitkashooter

+1

One of the biggest annoyances for Jews is people trying to convert them.  They've heard the gospel.  If they want to convert, they'll convert.  Same for people of any other religion.
Thats fine.
My comments were directed towards Klavan. This is all about Klavan... and his assertion that people don't need to convert to Christ if it causes hardship. That is 100% antithetical to basic biblical teachings.
These arent obscure, easy to misinterpret verses. They're extremely clear verses, numerous verses all reinforcing the same position... that accepting Christ does mean bearing your own cross... that it *MAY* cost you everything.
There are other Christian theological positions that are up to debate... this isn't one of them.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:01:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Andrew Keven is a Jew turned Christian.

He said out load he prays for Ben Shapiros conversion to Jesus Christ. Said it on a recent podcast.

View Quote
I truly hope what you say is correct. I hope that he mispoke or that what he said came out in a manner he did not intend.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:09:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
CoC 1
View Quote

In this instance this is a specific disagreement that involves the tenets of the religion directly. In this instance the Bible and the interpretation of it are central, necessary and salient.

Your admonishment of believers in this thread is off topic at a minimum.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:26:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Wall o text
Your butthurt because someone chose French Vanilla Christianity with sprinkles instead of S Georgia Cookie Dough flavored Christianity?
I bet you get real cringe when you see Jesus depicted as someone is from that region instead of......lighter tones.
View Quote
Nice leftist talking point, and you'd be wrong. In fact, I used to make a big deal that yes... Christ probably had a darker complexion than most Christians envision.
But I dial that back now as I think about it... because there *ARE* middle easterners who are incredibly light skinned. Al Assad, for example.
But then again, Jesus was a carpenter... so his skin may have been tanned from the sun. There's really no real way to know. Frankly? I dont care how dark his skin color was.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:41:24 PM EDT
[#21]
So, the whole Reaganite “Big Tent” doctrine, which was pretty successful winning elections and governing the country, is a relic of the bygone age, to be replaced by a theocratic litmus test. Good luck with all that…

I’m a pretty hardcore conservative, but I’m not about to tolerate a Christian Taliban, which is exactly what you’re proposing. The principal conceit of Christianity insists upon belief that God is so weak in convincing people of his omnipotence and all encompassing goodness that his creation can only gain salvation through the interposition of an intermediary Jesus. In the Old Testament that I embrace, that salvation was granted for all time on Mt Sinai and has never wavered (both in my embrace of the knowledge and strength it imparted and the commitment it demanded in return). I respect the adherents of Christianity, and I expect respect in return as your elder brother in faith. Which one of us is ultimately right? I fear that will not be known until the day of judgement. If proven wrong, I will be the first to apologize either in this world or the next. If proven right, I expect the same.

This mutual forbearance and acceptance of these differing but complementary paths of faith to the One True
God were at the very core of the Enlightenment thought that motivated the Founders. Their vision of the Freedom of Religion saw not to embrace a theocratic state imposed religion but to allow for the practice of all faiths in law abiding peace free of the centuries of religious warfare that devastated Europe. It was not a negative prohibitory legal statement but a positive dedication to freedom. A belief in One God, a Hundred Gods or No God coexisting alongside one another was the vision in 1788 and we would do well to remind ourselves and rededicate ourselves to it.

To denigrate my admittedly all too imperfect commitment to Judaism and equate it with disloyalty to this country and its principles is detestable and calls into question your understanding of conservatism and the Constitution.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:46:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Look, I am far from a perfect Christian. Far from a good one, even. I suck. I wont contest anyone here who will point out my failings in life. I know my opinions, and my words are probably worth less than you paid for it.
But I have to say, that what Andrew Klavan recently said... outs him as a heretic and potentially a traitor to his own faith.

On a recent show, Andrew Klavan... proclaimed that Ben Shapiro doesn't have to embrace Christ. That to embrace Christ, would alienate his family, cause him financial hardship, and hurt his political reach.
That Ben Shapiro... essentially, gets a pass... and can deny Christ and still go to heaven... because it would be too costly for him to accept Christ.

Firstly, that is a massive slap in the face of *EVERY* Christian Martyr who has paid the ultimate price... for proclaiming Christ. It is a slap in the face of every Christian who was murdered by people like Saul of Tarsus (Before he himself converted to Christianity) because they followed Christ. So all of these Martyrs... were expected to *DIE* proclaiming Christ... but Ben Shapiro gets a pass because he's rich and has a family?! The bible directly, and PRECISELY addresses this very issue!

The bible is... not at all... in the least bit... unclear as to what is expected of Christians. That "Oh, my life will get hard if I proclaim Christ!" is not a valid excuse.
JESUS HIMSELF SAID THIS.

Andrew Klavan, is calling JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF A LIAR. He is directly contradicting the words of CHRIST HIMSELF:

"For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it."
-Matthew 16:25"

Look, I bet Andrew Klavan probably has me beat in a lot of ways. He may be a better man than I am in a lot of ways. Probably has a far greater hold on his passions, emotions, and anger. I have anger issues. I admit it. I have a lot of issues that Andrew Klavan does not. I may be a dirty, filthy, rotten sinner.... but what Andrew said, is 100% heresy.

Andrew Klavan, if he is a Christian or at least has read the bible... If he has read the bible even ONE TENTH as much as I have... and I am *NO BIBLE SCHOLAR*. I don't read the bible *ANYWHERE NEAR AS MUCH AS I SHOULD*. But I know damn well, that what he said is heresy. What Andrew Klavan said, is the complete polar opposite of Matthew 16:25.

Call it anti-semitic if you want. Yes... if Jews want to enter the Kingdom of Heaven... they must proclaim the name of Christ as their Lord and Savior... same as everyone else.
If it is "Anti-semitic" to say that... well its also Anti-Hindu. Its also Anti-Atheist. Its also Anti-Pagan. Its also anti-Gnostic. Its also Anti-Sikh.
To be a Christian, is to believe in the basic tenets of Christianity... to believe what the bible says..... to believe the words imprinted within.

Andrew Klavan is continuing a heretical trend within Christianity, where out of cowardice... out of fear of being portrayed as Anti-Semites... Christians make an exemption for Jews from what the bible clearly states. There is nowhere in the bible, that justifies this carve out. I have even seen prominent Evangelical preachers, whom I suspect care more about their coffers than the truth... that Christians need to stop trying to convert Jews.... that Christians need to recognize that Jews are "Already saved" and "dont need Christ".

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
- John 14:6

I dont see a carve out for Jews. I don't see a carve out for Israel. I don't see a carve out for anyone.

If believing Christ's own words...  makes a Christian an anti-semite... so be it. Believe what you want to believe about us. But this is the truth of what Christianity is all about. There are no exemptions.
I am a *HORRIBLE* Christian, and even *I* know this. Andrew Klavan must know it.

Tomorrow, Christians will be observing Good Friday. The day that Christ himself, took nails into his own hands... and feet... to die for a piece of shit like me. All we are asked, is to not shy away when we are asked what we believe. Andrew Klavan failed. I hope he failed due to an honest misunderstanding... and not because he put mammon before God.... or fear of persecution... or fear of alienation from friends and family.... or fear from harsh criticism and canceling.

I hope, for his own soul... that this is due to some weird, misguided, twisted interpretation that he somehow accidentally wrapped himself up in. But I doubt it. He doesn't come across as stupid.
My honest belief, is that he simply was saying what he felt he had to say... to be accepted.... to not be the next one on the chopping block at the Daily Caller.

I get that some will bring up Candace Owens and claim she's no Christian either. *MAYBE*.

MAYBE she's saying all the right things, for all the wrong reasons. MAYBE she is a charlatan. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised. She does have a shady history. I do hope she's sincere in her proclamations for Christ... but I have my doubts because of that aforementioned history. But the bible even tells us, that even if a Charlatan is telling the truth... for their own gain and not for the furtherance of the Kingdom... that we should still rejoice because still yet the truth of Christ is being proclaimed. Perhaps, if we pray for her... if she is a charlatan... maybe someday her own proclamations will actually start to enter her own heart and become sincere. "Fake it till you make it" kinda thing.

Regardless, this issue goes way beyond Candace Owens.

Again ... I truly hope, that Andrew Klavan recognizes the errors of what he is teaching... the absolute dishonor he has placed upon the martyrs... and the contradiction of Christ's own words. I truly hope, that he said this out of sincere, yet mistaken, belief... and that his belief can be corrected through discipleship and loving correction from fellow Christians. Because the only alternative... is willful heresy... and willful false teaching. The bible, does not have anything good to say about people who willfully and knowingly teach falsehoods.

I've said my piece.

View Quote
Stop worrying about people making money off of it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:55:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Look, I am far from a perfect Christian. Far from a good one, even. I suck. I wont contest anyone here who will point out my failings in life. I know my opinions, and my words are probably worth less than you paid for it.
But I have to say, that what Andrew Klavan recently said... outs him as a heretic and potentially a traitor to his own faith.

On a recent show, Andrew Klavan... proclaimed that Ben Shapiro doesn't have to embrace Christ. That to embrace Christ, would alienate his family, cause him financial hardship, and hurt his political reach.
That Ben Shapiro... essentially, gets a pass... and can deny Christ and still go to heaven... because it would be too costly for him to accept Christ.

Firstly, that is a massive slap in the face of *EVERY* Christian Martyr who has paid the ultimate price... for proclaiming Christ. It is a slap in the face of every Christian who was murdered by people like Saul of Tarsus (Before he himself converted to Christianity) because they followed Christ. So all of these Martyrs... were expected to *DIE* proclaiming Christ... but Ben Shapiro gets a pass because he's rich and has a family?! The bible directly, and PRECISELY addresses this very issue!

The bible is... not at all... in the least bit... unclear as to what is expected of Christians. That "Oh, my life will get hard if I proclaim Christ!" is not a valid excuse.
JESUS HIMSELF SAID THIS.

Andrew Klavan, is calling JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF A LIAR. He is directly contradicting the words of CHRIST HIMSELF:

"For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it."
-Matthew 16:25"

Look, I bet Andrew Klavan probably has me beat in a lot of ways. He may be a better man than I am in a lot of ways. Probably has a far greater hold on his passions, emotions, and anger. I have anger issues. I admit it. I have a lot of issues that Andrew Klavan does not. I may be a dirty, filthy, rotten sinner.... but what Andrew said, is 100% heresy.

Andrew Klavan, if he is a Christian or at least has read the bible... If he has read the bible even ONE TENTH as much as I have... and I am *NO BIBLE SCHOLAR*. I don't read the bible *ANYWHERE NEAR AS MUCH AS I SHOULD*. But I know damn well, that what he said is heresy. What Andrew Klavan said, is the complete polar opposite of Matthew 16:25.

Call it anti-semitic if you want. Yes... if Jews want to enter the Kingdom of Heaven... they must proclaim the name of Christ as their Lord and Savior... same as everyone else.
If it is "Anti-semitic" to say that... well its also Anti-Hindu. Its also Anti-Atheist. Its also Anti-Pagan. Its also anti-Gnostic. Its also Anti-Sikh.
To be a Christian, is to believe in the basic tenets of Christianity... to believe what the bible says..... to believe the words imprinted within.

Andrew Klavan is continuing a heretical trend within Christianity, where out of cowardice... out of fear of being portrayed as Anti-Semites... Christians make an exemption for Jews from what the bible clearly states. There is nowhere in the bible, that justifies this carve out. I have even seen prominent Evangelical preachers, whom I suspect care more about their coffers than the truth... that Christians need to stop trying to convert Jews.... that Christians need to recognize that Jews are "Already saved" and "dont need Christ".

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
- John 14:6

I dont see a carve out for Jews. I don't see a carve out for Israel. I don't see a carve out for anyone.

If believing Christ's own words...  makes a Christian an anti-semite... so be it. Believe what you want to believe about us. But this is the truth of what Christianity is all about. There are no exemptions.
I am a *HORRIBLE* Christian, and even *I* know this. Andrew Klavan must know it.

Tomorrow, Christians will be observing Good Friday. The day that Christ himself, took nails into his own hands... and feet... to die for a piece of shit like me. All we are asked, is to not shy away when we are asked what we believe. Andrew Klavan failed. I hope he failed due to an honest misunderstanding... and not because he put mammon before God.... or fear of persecution... or fear of alienation from friends and family.... or fear from harsh criticism and canceling.

I hope, for his own soul... that this is due to some weird, misguided, twisted interpretation that he somehow accidentally wrapped himself up in. But I doubt it. He doesn't come across as stupid.
My honest belief, is that he simply was saying what he felt he had to say... to be accepted.... to not be the next one on the chopping block at the Daily Caller.

I get that some will bring up Candace Owens and claim she's no Christian either. *MAYBE*.

MAYBE she's saying all the right things, for all the wrong reasons. MAYBE she is a charlatan. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised. She does have a shady history. I do hope she's sincere in her proclamations for Christ... but I have my doubts because of that aforementioned history. But the bible even tells us, that even if a Charlatan is telling the truth... for their own gain and not for the furtherance of the Kingdom... that we should still rejoice because still yet the truth of Christ is being proclaimed. Perhaps, if we pray for her... if she is a charlatan... maybe someday her own proclamations will actually start to enter her own heart and become sincere. "Fake it till you make it" kinda thing.

Regardless, this issue goes way beyond Candace Owens.

Again ... I truly hope, that Andrew Klavan recognizes the errors of what he is teaching... the absolute dishonor he has placed upon the martyrs... and the contradiction of Christ's own words. I truly hope, that he said this out of sincere, yet mistaken, belief... and that his belief can be corrected through discipleship and loving correction from fellow Christians. Because the only alternative... is willful heresy... and willful false teaching. The bible, does not have anything good to say about people who willfully and knowingly teach falsehoods.

I've said my piece.

View Quote

@PatriotAr15
TLDR
WTF are you wasting site resources for?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:28:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I’m confused. So are all Jewish people bound for the lake of fire? Serious question, not trying to start an altercation.
View Quote

Anyone who dies a jew after Christ's crucifixion goes to hell. Sure.

This is a basic component of Christianity (the only way to the father is through the son) and its surprising to see so many here waffle about it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:31:29 PM EDT
[#25]
I would say I don’t give a fuck, but I give enough of a fuck to say that I don’t give a fuck. Barely.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:41:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/346870/extra_shit_jpg-3172492.JPG

ETA: I'm not a Christian, but if I was I wouldn't concern myself with a whole bunch of extra shit. I'd just study and follow The Bible.
View Quote

Following the Biblical texts means speaking the truth, which includes calling out heresy.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:43:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm confused. So are all Jewish people bound for the lake of fire? Serious question, not trying to start an altercation.
View Quote
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
John 3:16

I dont see a Jewish exemption. There are many other verses in the bible that basically make the same point and different words... and the one thing they all have in common? None of them include exemptions for anyone.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:08:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So, the whole Reaganite "Big Tent" doctrine, which was pretty successful winning elections and governing the country, is a relic of the bygone age, to be replaced by a theocratic litmus test. Good luck with all that

I'm a pretty hardcore conservative, but I'm not about to tolerate a Christian Taliban, which is exactly what you're proposing. The principal conceit of Christianity insists upon belief that God is so weak in convincing people of his omnipotence and all encompassing goodness that his creation can only gain salvation through the interposition of an intermediary Jesus. In the Old Testament that I embrace, that salvation was granted for all time on Mt Sinai and has never wavered (both in my embrace of the knowledge and strength it imparted and the commitment it demanded in return). I respect the adherents of Christianity, and I expect respect in return as your elder brother in faith. Which one of us is ultimately right? I fear that will not be known until the day of judgement. If proven wrong, I will be the first to apologize either in this world or the next. If proven right, I expect the same.

This mutual forbearance and acceptance of these differing but complementary paths of faith to the One True
God were at the very core of the Enlightenment thought that motivated the Founders. Their vision of the Freedom of Religion saw not to embrace a theocratic state imposed religion but to allow for the practice of all faiths in law abiding peace free of the centuries of religious warfare that devastated Europe. It was not a negative prohibitory legal statement but a positive dedication to freedom. A belief in One God, a Hundred Gods or No God coexisting alongside one another was the vision in 1788 and we would do well to remind ourselves and rededicate ourselves to it.

To denigrate my admittedly all too imperfect commitment to Judaism and equate it with disloyalty to this country and its principles is detestable and calls into question your understanding of conservatism and the Constitution.
View Quote
Where did I advocate for government force, or any aggression to be carried out against non-believers? Where did I ever advocate that idea that a Jew can't be loyal to America? I never said that. You are responding to points that, *I* certainly did not make. If someone else in this thread did, I must have missed it. But I am not advocating for violence or aggression be carried out against Jews, Muslims, Buddhists or anyone  on the basis of their belief or non-belief.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:15:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Are you saying heaven was closed until Christ was crucified on the cross?
So all who lived and died before Christ were condemned to hell?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:45:15 PM EDT
[#30]
I don't care. Really. I don't know who this guy is and nothing he says impacts me. Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess Jesus is Lord. What this guy says and does is between him and God and he will have to answer for it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:50:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I don't believe in it, but if god exists, it's a wonderful way to push people away from believing in him or wanting anything to do with him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I don't believe in it, but if god exists, it's a wonderful way to push people away from believing in him or wanting anything to do with him.

Do tell?

How does everyone getting exactly and only what they deserve based upon *their* actions and thoughts and words "push people away."

That is exactly what hell is. Not more. Not less.

Quoted:
 Why would anyone want to be friends with a god that may put you in a place of never ending torment.  Even the worst of human beings can only do so much damage in the relatively short time they are alive.

Why would that put you off?

Do you want to live in a world without justice?

If there is no hell, there is no justice.

Are you alluding to the fact that some wrongs take a relatively short amount of time to do? Since when was what a person deserved based on how quickly the thing they did is over?

Or is it that you think nobody could possibly do anything to deserve endless justice?

Do you really think so much of humanity, as we exist?

Have you read history?

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:55:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Are you saying heaven was closed until Christ was crucified on the cross?
So all who lived and died before Christ were condemned to hell?
View Quote

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosom_of_Abraham
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:57:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

@Tobysi

If you believe you can't make up for the wrongs you've done and that Christ died for your sins, you're saved.

Jews can (and do) believe that just like anyone else, and there's not one tiny bit of that which requires them to be non-jewish.

A whole bunch of that which passes for jewishness is not essential to being a jew.

There's a fairly easyish way to grasp this:

If we say abraham was a jew, than all the stuff that's come along since his time cannot make you any more jewish.

You either share his beliefs that made him jewish, or you don't.

Christians believe in the jewish messiah, who was *always* promised to not only them, but the whole world.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:04:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

This is a basic component of Christianity (the only way to the father is through the son) and its surprising to see so many here waffle about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:07:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Tflr
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:14:17 PM EDT
[#36]
He isn't a Christian.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:18:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

@Tobysi

If you believe you can't make up for the wrongs you've done and that Christ died for your sins, you're saved.

Jews can (and do) believe that just like anyone else, and there's not one tiny bit of that which requires them to be non-jewish.

A whole bunch of that which passes for jewishness is not essential to being a jew.

If we say abraham was a jew, than all the stuff that's come along since his time cannot make you any more jewish.

Christians believe in the jewish messiah, who was *always* promised to not only them, but the whole world.

View Quote

I think your 'easy way' actually confuses things a bit. There are people who are ethnically Jewish who convert to Christianity, so they remain jews in that ethnic sense. But conversion to Christianity means leaving Judaism behind. That's the whole premise of the faith.

Abraham and God made a covenant which is only fulfilled by the arrival of the Jewish messiah, who religious jews are still waiting on, because they reject christ.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:24:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
In that regard I understand if you believe you are saving Andrew Klavan and people who would listen to them from a terrible fate by showing them how Andrew's views are wrong. I will assume you and OP are being earnest.

My reason for posting was OP seemed pretty upset and my only advice was that he can still have a good relationship with Jesus without worrying about all these modern internet personalities. There are thousands upon thousands of them and you won't fix them all. OP can control his own relationship with God which I think would be most important in the end.
View Quote

Who are you to decide that for him?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:28:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I think your 'easy way' actually confuses things a bit. There are people who are ethnically Jewish who convert to Christianity, so they remain jews in that ethnic sense. But conversion to Christianity means leaving Judaism behind. That's the whole premise of the faith.

Abraham and God made a covenant which is only fulfilled by the arrival of the Jewish messiah, who religious jews are still waiting on, because they reject christ.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Tobysi

Or a whole bunch of stuff got added after abraham that is not required for a person to be jewish.

Meaning a whole bunch of modern judaism isn't required to make a person jewish.

If you have to flatly reject something to share faith in abraham's messiah ...

If it is of God, it will stand. If it is not, it won't.

True jews are those who share the same faith abraham did and who follow God, in his footsteps.

You can be a son of abraham and sara by the flesh and a jew in that right, but also not a jew because you reject those things from him.

In the same way you can be an american by legal right, but reject america's culture.

We make these sorts of distinctions all the time.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:30:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Andrew Klavan is a internet personality, commentator and author, from whom no one has to take spiritual advice.  

OP gets offended that Klavan's beliefs do not comport with his own.

OP rants on unrelated gun board about it.

OP feels better

/thread
View Quote

This is your contribution to a discussion of the faith?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:47:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I mean fundamentalist, as in treating the Bible literally. It is modernly recognized as a movement starting in the 1800’s in the US.

While many of the founding fathers were Christian and recognized the Judeo-Christian values as being superior to others, most of them would not fall into that category. I am not going to go through their various beliefs, because they were pretty wide ranging, but I will point to the very first amendment in the Bill of Rights, refusing to allow a government religion.
View Quote

Lol.  The confident ignorance on arflandia increases by the day.

The first amendment, and really the entire bill of rights, came at the bequest of Baptist pastor John Leland, who was a biblical literalist.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:12:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Or a whole bunch of stuff got added after abraham that is not required for a person to be jewish.

Meaning a whole bunch of modern judaism isn't required to make a person jewish.

If you have to flatly reject something to share faith in abraham's messiah ...

If it is of God, it will stand. If it is not, it won't.

True jews are those who share the same faith abraham did and who follow God, in his footsteps.

You can be a son of abraham and sara by the flesh and a jew in that right, but also not a jew because you reject those things from him.

In the same way you can be an american by legal right, but reject america's culture.

We make these sorts of distinctions all the time.
View Quote

Are you jewish? I'm not and I'm not really informed enough on Jewish theology to have an opinion on what extraneous-type stuff rabbinic Judaism adds to the religion of Abraham (I mean, to the extent anybody knows the nature of Abraham's religion)

I'm interested to hear your opinion regardless of ethnic or religious background.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:19:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:20:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
He isn't a Christian.
View Quote

Clearly he has no fucking clue.

He smells like a all “good people” go to heaven type
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:27:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Anyone who denies Christ will be denied by His Father.

He and the Father are One.

Both Judaism and  Mohammed and Mohammedanism (Islam) deny this essential truth...as do atheists in their own way.

If you deny the deity of Jesus Christ you deny his substitutional death on the cross for all who would believe...

As you pointed out Jesus Christ is the only way many can be reconciled to God the Father...there simply is no other name under Heaven whereby man can be saved.

The stone which "the builders rejected" is Jesus. Although rejected, He nevertheless becomes the "chief cornerstone"

Why is Jesus called the stumbling stone in Matthew 21:43-44?

Paul referred to the Jews as the Natural Branches that will be grafted in... who will produce more fruit than the wild branches currently grafted in...

Any one who preaches another gospel to "itching ears" that is deceptive and leads them into destruction is truly anti whichever
people he has misdirected regarding salvation...in other words he is a deceiver...and not of the God of Abraham,Isaac and Jacob.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:29:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Did Jesus and the Apostles rebuke unbelievers and wayward believers? I think they did, especially if they went public. Should we not be like Jesus and the Apostles. But let's not let anger get the better of us. God will change whom He wills to.
View Quote

Peter rebuked Simon Magua for trying to offer money to receive the power to lay hands on people so that they might receive the Holy Ghost......hence the term "Simony"
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:32:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Eternal judgement is God’s job, not yours.  

Are you casting the first stone here?
View Quote

So murderers walk?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:33:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The first amendment, and really the entire bill of rights, came at the bequest of Baptist pastor John Leland, who was a biblical literalist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

James Madison.

Religious revisionism is gross.

ETA, just because he supported it doesn’t mean it was his baby.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:33:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I know nothing about Klavan but your angry rant makes you look like a fundamentalist Muslim: “my interpretation of the holy text is the correct one and everyone else’s interpretation is wrong”

That isn’t Christian.
View Quote

Perhaps you should study the gospel that St Paul preached...Paul was absolutely persecuted violently for the message he preached...yet is was absolutely from his heart felt care about his people...

I can guarantee you that Jesus told everyone that He was the only way that men can be saved from the wrath that is to come.

A fundamentalist Muslim will never preach that gospel...

But you are just baiting him anyway...
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:37:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Do you believe he’s leading others a stray?
View Quote

If he is telling people that there is more than one way to the Father, then yes, he is leading people astray.

I cannot judge him. I'll be judged the same way he will. I hope that before that time comes, he realizes that there is only one way to salvation. That is to believe in the risen Christ.

The covenant between God and the Hebrews was fulfilled with the sacrifice of his Son on the cross.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top