Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/26/2024 6:41:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#1]
How fast can Delaware modify their state constitution?  Because they will.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 6:49:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By p3590:
View Quote

First post and all
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 7:01:29 PM EDT
[#3]
They'll change the law after the fact and then recount the votes. The votes that were there the whole time, they swear.

Nothing matters anymore.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 7:13:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Aside from deployed members of the armed forces, and maybe handicapped citizen with a qualifying disability, absentee voting should be a felony crime. Either make your way to the polling place, or you don't vote.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 7:15:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By macro:
Aside from deployed members of the armed forces, and maybe handicapped citizen with a qualifying disability, absentee voting should be a felony crime. Either make your way to the polling place, or you don't vote.
View Quote

Where can I subscribe to your news letter?
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 7:15:52 PM EDT
[#6]
The tweet doesn’t say what court. My guess is this is a district court and the decision will be appealed.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 7:24:48 PM EDT
[#7]
My son now lives in North Dakota. They do not have voter registration. At all.  On election day, you show up at your polling place with your N Dakota driver's license or state ID.

You then vote.  No North Dakota state issued ID?  You do not vote.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 7:26:38 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

I mean look who they elected to the house and then the Senate seriously no disrespect to the good people that live there but what the fuck is wrong with the Delaware?!
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 7:28:02 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

This, if your handicapped (Ms,wheelchair bound, missing legs, ok) if your lazy or stupid, tough shit.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 7:33:12 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Aren't deployed military members' votes typically considered provisional?

In Nevada in 2020...

People could register and vote on the same day WITHOUT being required to show proof of residency.  Their votes counted... though this is a great example of how some votes should be provisional.

They just hoped they would come back later to provide evidence of residency.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 7:43:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 7:54:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WDEagle] [#12]
View Quote

1st 4 years out of college I was in nearly 100% travel. I would be TDY at different locations for 3-6 months. No way I (or the other 30 engineers in similar positions) could make it home on a weekday to vote.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 7:56:06 PM EDT
[#13]
You mean early voting for replublican candidates is not allowed, right?
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 7:56:30 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

as fast as it can get to an appeals court full of biden cock suckers

Link Posted: 2/26/2024 7:57:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I doubt this will change the result.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 8:03:24 PM EDT
[#16]
In Mississippi you used to have to pay a poll tax ($2.00) several months in advance and keep up with your poll tax receipt and show it at the polls on the day of voting. As a kid, I saw my dad and mom diligently search for their poll tax receipt on election day so they could vote.

Oh, and you also had to be able to read and write and interpret the Constitution.

When those requirements were judged to discriminate against blacks, it all went to hell.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 8:05:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LeonardC] [#17]
View Quote

I do not agree with this.  I worked a lot of years doing 12+ hours a day at a remote work site that was 100 miles from home.  No way I could always vote in person.  There should be "reasonable" qualifications for voting absentee.

I do agree with this: The whole mass vote by mail is designed for cheating and should be halted.

Edit: One of the happier days of my life:  The first time I voted in AK.  "Are you a registered voter?" "Yes."  "May I see your ID?"  "YES, and thank you for checking!"
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 8:10:18 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

Not sure about the felony part but I could get on board with it. In the mean time election day should be on one day with valid ID or no voting for you. Also all results should be held until all states have closed their polling places.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 8:14:10 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote
My 78 yr old limousine liberal California mom is quite capable of going to her place of polling, but likes to do absentee for the convenience. She also fills out and sends in the absentee ballot for my autistic 26 ur old nephew, who has the mental capacity of a 10 ur old and can't read and write. Guess how he votes every election...
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 8:17:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#20]
View Quote

Edit, in person voting over a 2-3 day period is what I’d prefer.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 8:28:46 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm pretty sure most mail-in absentee voting was unconstitutional for many of the states that implemented it during covid.

It was never challenged or allowed to be challenged. This will be no different.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 1:40:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By WDEagle:

1st 4 years out of college I was in nearly 100% travel. I would be TDY at different locations for 3-6 months. No way I (or the other 30 engineers in similar positions) could make it home on a weekday to vote.
View Quote

Well that is a problem, just not MY problem, and frankly seeing how college students overwhelmingly support far left politics and frankly insane policies, I’m ok with disenfranchising them either at  Home state or where they attend school.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 1:44:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By godzillamax:
My 78 yr old limousine liberal California mom is quite capable of going to her place of polling, but likes to do absentee for the convenience. She also fills out and sends in the absentee ballot for my autistic 26 ur old nephew, who has the mental capacity of a 10 ur old and can't read and write. Guess how he votes every election...
View Quote

Ah, I think your mom might be committing a felony. I am not a lawyer.
https://thearcca.org/equal-access-to-voting-in-california-can-you-vote-if-you-are-under-conservatorship/
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 1:46:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By CTM1:

Not sure about the felony part but I could get on board with it. In the mean time election day should be on one day with valid ID or no voting for you. Also all results should be held until all states have closed their polling places.
View Quote

Paper ballot, thumb print with purple ink, paper ballot receipt, 6 month registration cap before election, self purging rules for veteran registration 3 months after every election.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 1:48:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By NRA_guy:
In Mississippi you used to have to pay a poll tax ($2.00) several months in advance and keep up with your poll tax receipt and show it at the polls on the day of voting. As a kid, I saw my dad and mom diligently search for their poll tax receipt on election day so they could vote.

Oh, and you also had to be able to read and write and interpret the Constitution.

When those requirements were judged to discriminate against blacks, it all went to hell.
View Quote

Communist oppose standards, as their is only equality in a mass grave.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 1:50:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By YukonBoy03:

Aren't deployed military members' votes typically considered provisional?

In Nevada in 2020...

People could register and vote on the same day WITHOUT being required to show proof of residency.  Their votes counted... though this is a great example of how some votes should be provisional.

They just hoped they would come back later to provide evidence of residency.
View Quote

And in 2005-2016 the GOP held a trifecta in the state house and did fuck all to secure the ballot box, worthless gaggle of parasites, liars, and grifting cowards..
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 1:56:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Dagoth-Ur:

I mean look who they elected to the house and then the Senate seriously no disrespect to the good people that live there but what the fuck is wrong with the Delaware?!
View Quote

Liberal Democrats count the votes.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 2:12:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Glock031:

Liberal Democrats count the votes.
View Quote

They need to be punished.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 3:16:42 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

it takes approval of 2 consecutive legislatures, iirc
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 3:27:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Harmonic_Distortion:

View Quote

What is is it 95% dem?
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 3:34:40 AM EDT
[#31]

What is is it 95% dem?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Harmonic_Distortion:

What is is it 95% dem?

Damn near.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 3:38:53 AM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/27/2024 4:02:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: panzersergeant] [#33]
Originally Posted By atavistic:
I doubt this will change the result.
View Quote

This. It's not like their 3 whole electoral votes are going to have an impact one way or the other anyway.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 4:04:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: panzersergeant] [#34]
Originally Posted By LeonardC:

I do not agree with this.  I worked a lot of years doing 12+ hours a day at a remote work site that was 100 miles from home.  No way I could always vote in person.  There should be "reasonable" qualifications for voting absentee.

I do agree with this: The whole mass vote by mail is designed for cheating and should be halted.

Edit: One of the happier days of my life:  The first time I voted in AK.  "Are you a registered voter?" "Yes."  "May I see your ID?"  "YES, and thank you for checking!"
View Quote

Early voting nullifies your argument.

Early voting in Alaska.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 4:09:26 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

I don't understand or see the need to make it a crime. You just don't allow it, you count the votes that are there in person and nothing else.

Link Posted: 2/27/2024 4:10:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Utahshooting:
My son now lives in North Dakota. They do not have voter registration. At all.  On election day, you show up at your polling place with your N Dakota driver's license or state ID.

You then vote.  No North Dakota state issued ID?  You do not vote.
View Quote

They don't have any absentee voting?

Link Posted: 2/27/2024 4:11:41 AM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

I understand the predicament on a personal level but I think overall society would be better served if only those that managed to show up in person vote.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 4:13:20 AM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes

A great example of why absentee voting should not be allowed and how much fraud there probably is with it in cases like this.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 4:14:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:

Yeah I could definitely live with a 3-day voting. It would certainly help with the long lines and congestion. But mail-in should absolutely be banned and voting for a month or longer is absolutely ridiculous.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 4:14:46 AM EDT
[#40]

https://thearcca.org/equal-access-to-voting-in-california-can-you-vote-if-you-are-under-conservatorship/
View All Quotes

Of course she is with millions of other liberals that are doing the exact same thing.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 6:24:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sandbowl1980] [#41]
View Quote

You are right. People need to get off their lazy asses and go vote. absentee voting other than you mentioned is used for nothing but committing fraud. I think that election day should be a national holiday. Because it's the most important day in our nation. I mean....considering some of the other BS national holidays that mean nor stand for absolutely nothing.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 7:33:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By panzersergeant:

This. It's not like their 3 whole electoral votes are going to have an impact one way or the other anyway.
View Quote

One house seat and two senators, the blonde former drug mule was within 5 points of the single house seat and Coons (real name and a White dude) is leaving office.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 7:36:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

I don't understand or see the need to make it a crime. You just don't allow it, you count the votes that are there in person and nothing else.

View Quote

“But what about the sub 1 percent of people who can’t! Are you saying we should up end civilization to help us rig an elect-I mean help them vote?!”/s (/s barely)
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 7:38:23 AM EDT
[#44]

Of course she is with millions of other liberals that are doing the exact same thing.
View Quote

It’s past time to make examples of these people. “Ohs not a real crime” are the same people who look at any part of the Bill of Tights, look you square in the eye and tell you “oh that’s not a right”.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 7:40:14 AM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

Hawaii judge is already on it
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 7:49:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Sandbowl1980:

You are right. People need to get off their lazy asses and go vote. absentee voting other than you mentioned is used for nothing but committing fraud. I think that election day should be a national holiday. Because it's the most important day in our nation. I mean....considering some of the other BS national holidays that mean nor stand for absolutely nothing.
View Quote

The same people who want to make voting as easy as texting from your couch want to make it as difficult, costly, burden if not impossible to exercise any of your rights, speech, privacy, property, powers not delegated, and especially to keep and bare arms.

And frankly, because of that we have every right it not an obligation to do unto them BEFORE they can do onto us.

I mean I oppose a day off, but then I remember our enemies are most welfare and unemployment jockeies,.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 8:18:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By vaughn4380:

Hawaii judge is already on it
View Quote

Take a page from Z and throw that fucker in prison.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 10:57:00 AM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Bingo! And I posted that because its irrefutable proof voter fraud happens.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:40:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Bingo! And I posted that because its irrefutable proof voter fraud happens.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:07:47 AM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

Or they'll just ignore it, do it anyway and dare the courts to challenge the fraudlection. They won't do shit, again.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top