Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/19/2024 6:25:52 PM EDT
I like dogs, but I swear, most of them are useless, along with their owners.  Neighbor's dogs continually bark at us whenever we are at.  Walking to the car, mowing, yard work, etc.  They are barely chained up, a pit and a pit mix.  I got sick of it today working on car and yard stuff and yelled at them to shut up, just sick of hearing it.  I know it is useless, but made me feel better.  

Owner comes over and like they are only barking because you yelled at them, no they bark every time someone comes out.  Oh, they just want to play, they are actually service dogs, I have the papers.  No they aren't, and no that isn't wanting play with anyone.  

I can't figure how the owners of worthless dogs never get sick of hearing them bark.  Neighbors behind us about 75 yards and their dog barks its head off, husky I think, whenever it is out and you go to the car.  You would think these people would get sick of their dogs.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:28:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Thoughtcrime] [#1]
I feel ya.

ETA: my Bullmastiff doesn’t bark.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:29:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, I’m tired of it. There’s no stopping it, she’s a coonhound and was bred to bark.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:30:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I would pay extra to live in a dog free neighborhood. A LOT extra.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:30:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:30:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:31:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I trained my dogs to only bark when strangers come on my property and when Squirrel hunting,
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:33:04 PM EDT
[#7]
They yell at or kick the dog but it continues to bark.

That's the effort most put into the problem.

I had a neighbor two doors down who had three dogs that wanted to kill each other so she had separate kennel runs built in her 1/8 acre suburban lot.

She was surrounded on three sides by the barking.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:33:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ryandushku] [#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 99avant:
Yes, I'm tired of it. There's no stopping it, she's a coonhound and was bred to bark.
View Quote
This. Some days she's more talkative than others, I will slap the shock collar on when she's being a real chatty Cathy but it only does so much. That Amazon driver is totally going to kill our family without her due diligence!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:33:28 PM EDT
[#9]
No, I’ve worked hard to get them to bark this much.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:34:56 PM EDT
[#10]
My lab serves the house well.
Barks at any wildlife that comes on the property, especially the flock of wild turkey that uses my front lawn as their personal toilet.

I applaud his efforts as it gives me time to grab a couple rocks and make like a major league pitcher trying to brain those filthy birds..
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:35:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GaryM] [#11]
No different than kids, you learn to tune them out.

ETA; Ironically kids do the same to their parents...
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:36:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I let my dogs bark at anyone that comes into our yard, door, or walks by our house. They are strangers to the dogs and I want the dogs to know that they are strangers to us. Beyond that mine don't bark. Since they are goofy labs I'd imagine that any evil doers could simply give them butt scratches and they'd be ok with them and not really protect us.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:38:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Silent Bob dog > Bob Barker dog.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:40:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:40:38 PM EDT
[#15]
It's annoying as hell and I have had parrots. I even taught my parrots to be quiet and curious. Either dogs are dumb as rocks and cannot be taught simple things or the owners suck.

Every day in my neighborhood all you hear is constant barking from one direction or another. Can't wait to finally get some land between me and everyone else.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:41:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: feetpiece] [#16]
delete
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:41:49 PM EDT
[#17]
I detest the endless barking. It is only worsened by the screeching and yelling owner trying to tell them to be quiet. They don’t realize they are just barking along with their dog(s).
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#18]
I love dogs, have had dogs, had to put our most recent to sleep a few months back.  None of mine would bark hardly at all, let alone someone in their yard.  Go on a walk through the neighborhood, half the dogs are going crazy from someone just walking down the street.  

I too would pay extra to live in a dog free neighborhood, and oh, if grocery stores would keep them out, that's just not sanitary.  Some woman the other day had what looked like Staffordshire bull terrier with a service label on it.  Really, seriously?!  More and more I am disliking dogs and their owners.  Maybe it's just that I am getting older and sick and tired of bullshit people and bullshit dogs.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:48:46 PM EDT
[#19]
I whole heartedly think the owners of barky dogs eventually dont even hear it after a while, they tune it out.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:50:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By freeride21a:
I whole heartedly think the owners of barky dogs eventually dont even hear it after a while, they tune it out.
View Quote

In our case, he goes to work and the rest of us get to deal with it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:50:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Thoughtcrime:
I feel ya.

ETA: my Bullmastiff doesn't bark.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/42509/IMG_5632_jpeg-3192488.JPG
View Quote
Ours doesn't either, typically. If she barks it's definitely a something, unlike the Corgi who will bark at the wind or just nothing.

None of them are outdoor dogs either, so they're only annoying us when they're on a tear.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:52:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By azjeeper:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By azjeeper:
Originally Posted By freeride21a:

Thats the other half
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:55:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Mine only bark for a reason.

Their hearing is so good being part dingo the problem is that reason is so far away I don’t believe them sometimes

They weee a bit late on this one but I’ll let them off it was 4 am

Cattle dogs do their job scare off thieves opening rear gate
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:56:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Call animal control and keep calling until it is fixed.

On the other hand though....you think you'd get less time killing the neighbor versus their dog.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:57:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Doesn't seem like it.

We have a few neighbors whose dogs spend all night barking. Especially in the summer months when they are obviously being left outside at night.

One neighbor has a dog that lives outside with their goats. Any slight noise and it starts barking. Day or night. They don't seem to notice or care.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:57:42 PM EDT
[#26]
The only reason I care is because of the neighbors. If they bark too long it stresses me out because I know it'll bug the neighbors so I bring them in. If I lived miles away from everyone, I wouldn't care as long as I was not trying to sleep.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:59:37 PM EDT
[#27]
These are the same neighbors that I previously have had to call the police about another dog of theirs that use to go after us.  Now, more people living there with dogs, like five dogs there now.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:06:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Barking dogs is the main reason we moved out of our old neighborhood. It was ridiculous. I tried being nice at first... then I stopped being nice.

We moved to a semi-rural area, built our house and made sure we made it as quiet as possible to keep out outside noises... like dogs. It is nice and quiet. I've always had dogs and I absolutely do not let my dog(s) sit outside and bark.

People that do that always have some excuse or reason the dog is barking and it's never them or the dogs fault. Those are asshole people.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:06:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheKill] [#29]
Same assholes who will leave that barking, attention starved dog out in the yard for weeks and months............or let their cat roam day and night to shit and piss on other people's yards and cars.......but when something happens to the animal, suddenly they are heartbroken and angry over the loss of it, like it was some kind of beloved member of the family.  

Fuck those people.

Our dogs ARE family, meaning, they are never left outside.  Occasionally they will be let out to do some business, but if we aren't out there, they do their biz and come back to the door where we let them back in among their family.  And they do not bark, ever, unless someone is at the door or there is someone who doesn't belong in the yard.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:08:25 PM EDT
[#30]
The lady across the street has two medium sized dogs that bark at us every time we go out side.
The only time she brings them in is when I yell "SHUT THE FUCK UP".

Her dogs are one of the few I wish would die young....but in reality it is her fault and she does nothing about it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:14:57 PM EDT
[#31]
I actually trained my previous dog to not bark at all. It was great except she never warned me about anything and I also feared someone could break in while I was at work and her barking could potentially prevent it.

My male dog is great about barking to warn me of everything (he can even here a neighbors weiner dog outside when he's sleeping on the sofa). Problem is that he barks non-stop at anybody he doesn't know and he'll constantly bark when he hears my neighbor come home even when I tell him to stop. It gets annoying because I don't like to bother other people, but on the bright side nobody steps on my property without my dog letting me know.

People who leave their dogs outside 24/7 when their dog barks 24/7 deserve a special place in hell. I had a neighbor a few years back that did that and there were nights where his dog went non-stop from 10pm to 4am.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:19:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Did I make it in before suggestions on how to harm animals?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:25:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Ah, just checked, my town has an anti-bark ordinance

No owner shall permit a dog to habitually bark, howl or in other ways be a public nuisance.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:33:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Not me specifically because my dog is trained to bark to alert me when someone is near or at the door. Part of degenerative hearing loss at a young age is sitting in the house while your guests sit at the front door for 30 minutes
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:12:28 PM EDT
[#35]
My dog is outside at the moment, not barking, when she barks it's either a coyote, deer or something else out of the ordinary.

She's my perimeter alarm.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:16:10 PM EDT
[#36]
No barks in my house unless your at my door.
Nuisance Barking is not allowed.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:18:12 PM EDT
[#37]
I Thank God that my dog is not a barker.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:18:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Yes. That's why we bring them inside if they start barking while outside.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:20:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Jack Russel has a big ass bark for a little guy. It’s his nature.
Lab/Husky mix is only vocal when playing with the Jack Russel.

Dogs bark
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:21:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wizzi01] [#40]
Originally Posted By 99avant:
Yes, I’m tired of it. There’s no stopping it, she’s a coonhound and was bred to bark.
View Quote

Same, with my Treeing Walker. She barks and bays at little shit, and for some reason vehicles towing trailers.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:32:35 PM EDT
[#41]
My husky doesn't bark really. The dude just howls and roos at me constantly when he wants something. If you ignore him he's relentless and won't stop until he gets what he's looking for lol.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:59:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Apparently not…
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:04:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Much like shitty parents who let their kids run wild screeching at top volume everywhere, there are a lot of shitty dog owners who let their dogs bark constantly. There are a LOT of shitty people out there.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:06:22 PM EDT
[#44]
This is arfcom. Buy more dirt and reduce the problem.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:08:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PRasko] [#45]
My dog doesn't bark.

Though I firmly believe he's trying to gas me to death.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:12:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Suppressor.
Silence.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:14:31 PM EDT
[#47]
I have beagles. They actually don't bark that much. When I come home from the store, and when it's time to eat.

And when Lucy thinks there's a mole, snake, or other unfortunate creature to tourcher.

This week I mowed the yards. Lucy was under the azaleas in the back yard when I started. She dug a hole and was barking into it. She did this the entire time, over 3 hours, non stop. Luckily she was facing the house with her head in the hole so the neighbors were not bothered.

I finally made a trail of bread crumbs in the house and closed the door for awhile. She's really too old for all of this.

The culprit.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:16:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Shut your dog up or I'll kill it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:19:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Mine are all barking right now. Who knows what it is.
The other day they treed a coon in the front yard. Sometimes it's a deer out in the pasture .

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:19:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Ronnoc:
I like dogs, but I swear, most of them are useless, along with their owners.  Neighbor's dogs continually bark at us whenever we are at.  Walking to the car, mowing, yard work, etc.  They are barely chained up, a pit and a pit mix.  I got sick of it today working on car and yard stuff and yelled at them to shut up, just sick of hearing it.  I know it is useless, but made me feel better.  

Owner comes over and like they are only barking because you yelled at them, no they bark every time someone comes out.  Oh, they just want to play, they are actually service dogs, I have the papers.  No they aren't, and no that isn't wanting play with anyone.  

I can't figure how the owners of worthless dogs never get sick of hearing them bark.  Neighbors behind us about 75 yards and their dog barks its head off, husky I think, whenever it is out and you go to the car.  You would think these people would get sick of their dogs.
View Quote

Do you ever get tired of complaining about other people’s lives? Ever get tired of hearing how upset you are about a dog or a car or anything?
It’s just like that.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top