•Hail Sithis! (30g)!"

Dark Brotherhood FTW!!!

Link Posted: 10/4/2011 10:28:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By _B_:

List Of Skyrim Achievements

•Hail Sithis! (30g)!"

Dark Brotherhood FTW!!!

im more interested in the war hero and taking sides achievements.  the impression im getting is you get to take part in a revolution in skyrim.  cool!

Link Posted: 10/5/2011 5:32:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Going to be a good excuse to build a new computer.
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 9:04:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By TT4life:

Originally Posted By Anaxes:

It looks good so far. And it seems you can finally stab people which, mods aside, has been long overdue with everybody waving swords around! Some of the accents that NPCs seem to have in a few videos didn't sound quite right, but that was a complaint with Morrowind and Oblivion, too.

This PC only just managed Oblivion on minimum graphics (smoothly), so Sexbox it is.

Originally Posted By InjunJoe:

Race and Perk Skills

Sneak attacks with daggers do 15x damage

They really knocked Sneak effectiveness down from Oblivion and Fallout 3 in Fallout NV. If the invisibility and chameleon mechanics aren't as overpowered as in Oblivion, and the AI is as sensitive to your approach as NV, it should be fairly difficult to get close enough without detection.

Morrowind was good for OP-ness. Levitation probably won't be making a return! And neither will moon jumping across the landscape via maxed out Acrobatics.

I hope they don't have overpowered chameleon like they did in Oblivion.  Made things way too easy sometimes.  

That article was tits.

Sorta like the Chinese Stealth Suit in Fallout 3 Operation Anchorage DLC.  That thing was so cool though.

Link Posted: 10/11/2011 1:05:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Exactly one month away from release.
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 1:20:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By biglou250:

If GameStop has a midnight release party, yes. I think they are.
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 2:21:16 AM EDT
[#7]

I still have 40 mins till it is one month

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&N=-1&isNodeId=1&Description=skyrim&x=0&y=0
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 4:57:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By onthedgeofmyseat:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&N=-1&isNodeId=1&Description=skyrim&x=0&y=0

$150 for a collectors edition!?!
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 5:32:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By VooDoo3dfx:

If I had $150 right now I would get it.  Did you see all the stuff it comes with?  Infinite dragons in the game, a collectable 12" Skyrim dragon statue, a 200 page coffee table artwork book, and a "making of" DVD.

Link Posted: 10/11/2011 7:12:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Death_Delirium:

If I had $150 right now I would get it.  Did you see all the stuff it comes with?  Infinite dragons in the game, a collectable 12" Skyrim dragon statue, a 200 page coffee table artwork book, and a "making of" DVD.

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/galleries/2011-08-06/skyrim-collectors-edition/skyrim-collectors-edition_1312631902.jpg

$150 is a little steep.   all the making of dvd video will be online eventually and though the book may be cool to read on the crapper thats just too much for a game.  now if the collectors edition came with an updated version of morrowind then fuck yeah
Link Posted: 10/12/2011 12:39:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Alien:
Sorta like the Chinese Stealth Suit in Fallout 3 Operation Anchorage DLC.  That thing was so cool though.

Yes, and it was also in NV, but they removed the invisibility feature from it. It seems like the later NV patches adjusted stealth considerably over the original set-up, so perhaps it won't be as limited in Skyrim as it could have been.

Link Posted: 10/14/2011 5:38:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Just got my copy of Gameinformer and it confirms that the Dark Brotherhood is in Skyrim, but is much harder to get into.

Less than a month away!
Link Posted: 10/14/2011 7:16:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I've become a RPG junkie since Fallout 3.  I just finished a back-to-back run of Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2.

I'll have to pick this up- it looks great.  I'll miss my assault and sniper rifles, though.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2011 10:04:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Just got my copy of Gameinformer and it confirms that the Dark Brotherhood is in Skyrim, but is much harder to get into.

Less than a month away!

Well then my life will be complete.  HAIL SITHIS!!!

Link Posted: 10/15/2011 12:28:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By sierrabravofour:

Less than a month away!

Well then my life will be complete.  HAIL SITHIS!!!

Hail Sithis and our unholy matron!

Link Posted: 10/15/2011 2:43:34 PM EDT
[#16]

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/galleries/2011-08-06/skyrim-collectors-edition/skyrim-collectors-edition_1312631902.jpg

Where does it say that? I looked and didn't see anything.
Link Posted: 10/15/2011 3:51:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Death_Delirium] [#17]
Originally Posted By -Fozzy-:

Where does it say that? I looked and didn't see anything.

Here.
Link

ETA:  I realize now that I misread the article and that the infinite dragons are in the non-collectors edition also.

Link Posted: 10/16/2011 12:49:59 AM EDT
[#18]

SOFA KING EXCITED!!!!!!

Link Posted: 10/16/2011 4:01:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jday] [#19]
I pre-ordered my copy last night.  I tried playing Morrowind again, but the graphics and controls are awful on Xbox ( I don't have a PC).  Oblivion is still good though, although I can't finish Allies for Bruma because one of the Sigil Stones won't activate for me.  

I would love a remade version of Morrowind.
Link Posted: 10/17/2011 4:55:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Jday:
I pre-ordered my copy last night.  I tried playing Morrowind again, but the graphics and controls are awful on Xbox ( I don't have a PC).  Oblivion is still good though, although I can't finish Allies for Bruma because one of the Sigil Stones won't activate for me.  

I agree.  I have never played it all the way through, the graphics and lack of actual speaking characters killed it for me.  I would love to have it remade with current gen graphics (ala Halo CE Anniversary Edition).

Link Posted: 10/17/2011 5:28:14 PM EDT
[#21]
I played it most of the way through back in 04 or sometime back then.  I guess I didn't realize how bad the graphics were or how clunky the controls were.
Link Posted: 10/17/2011 7:50:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Just over 3 weeks left.
Link Posted: 10/18/2011 7:12:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Here’s a Wired article about the demo I got a few chuckles out of…thought I’d share.

Link

Link Posted: 10/18/2011 7:24:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Here’s a Wired article about the demo I got a few chuckles out of…thought I’d share.

Link

Now that is Funny

2:22 PM – I decide to walk back to Falkreath, slaying bandits and other annoying vermin along the way. I encounter a haughty noble couple en route to a wedding party. The man mentions that they are carrying lots of expensive gifts.

2:23 PM – I finish looting their dead bodies.
Link Posted: 10/18/2011 4:11:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Some new in game screenshots.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/screenshots/new-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-screenshots/
Link Posted: 10/18/2011 4:21:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#26]

Fuck I love exploring the environments of these games. I can't wait. Gonna have to join the Brotherhood. That quest line was awesome. Poor Lucian got the short end of the stick. The Clue style mission was fucking hilarious.
Link Posted: 10/18/2011 6:14:53 PM EDT
[#27]
I just finished the Dark Brotherhood part today.  Poor Lucien  haha oh well.  I'm just ready for Skyrim.  I'm glad we won't be able to fast travel until we already have discovered the main cities.  Kinda like Morrowind.  Although getting rid of fast travel all together wouldn't bother me.
Link Posted: 10/18/2011 7:20:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lokifox] [#28]
I am so excited.

Can't decide whether to buy it on PC, PS3, or 360.

Probably end up being 360.

ETA - The wired article is funny. One of my favorite sites on the internet.
Link Posted: 10/18/2011 8:46:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By lokifox:
I am so excited.

Can't decide whether to buy it on PC, PS3, or 360.

Probably end up being 360.

ETA - The wired article is funny. One of my favorite sites on the internet.

I just built a PC partially for this game.
As far as these type of games, it is the way to go just because of all the mods available.
They are not an option with consoles.
Link Posted: 10/18/2011 10:54:59 PM EDT
[#30]

Oblivion is still good though, although I can't finish Allies for Bruma because one of the Sigil Stones won't activate for me.  

That's the joy of Oblivion on consoles. I didn't have Xbox Live until this year, so all my games were unpatched original versions, with all the issues from initial release. Oblivion was always a crap-shoot as to what quests would be bugged on a play-through. The Thieves Guild quest-line was the most noticeably unreliable.

There were many more games in TES and Fallout beforehand which could do with it, too. Most of them made Morrowind look graphically amazing. I didn't really play many games back then due to the graphics. Remakes of the early Fallout series don't seem like a very popular idea with many fans, but it seems like they could be very successful with a generation that mainly began playing these games at Oblivion, FO3 and NV.

Link Posted: 10/19/2011 3:20:34 AM EDT
[#31]

Looks like Bethesda is talking about trying to get mods for Skyrim on........CONSOLES!

Woohoo!  Us console guys may get to enjoy all the sweet Elder Scrolls mods now too.

Link to article.

If they actually get this up and running it will be awesome.  I am so excited for this game.

Link Posted: 10/19/2011 7:13:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Can't wait to start playing this game . I played the last one like it was crack
Link Posted: 10/19/2011 12:06:49 PM EDT
[#33]

Looks like Bethesda is talking about trying to get mods for Skyrim on........CONSOLES!

Woohoo!  Us console guys may get to enjoy all the sweet Elder Scrolls mods now too.

Link to article.

If they actually get this up and running it will be awesome.  I am so excited for this game.

That would be awesome.  I played Morrowind on PC for a little while, and the mods were awesome.  I could barely run Oblivion on low quality on my PC lol.
Link Posted: 10/19/2011 12:56:29 PM EDT
[#34]

I don't have a link, but my understanding (perhaps I read it in this months Game Informer) was that Bethesda already pitched this to MS and MS said "Not only no, but fuck no".

Allowing the Skyrim version of a Fallout GECK may be a possibility, but MS (and presumably Sony) have zero interest in allowing downloadable mods that will cut into paid-for DLC profit margins.

Link Posted: 10/19/2011 1:14:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Followthehollow] [#35]
Originally Posted By Evil_ATF:

I don't have a link, but my understanding (perhaps I read it in this months Game Informer) was that Bethesda already pitched this to MS and MS said "Not only no, but fuck no".

Allowing the Skyrim version of a Fallout GECK may be a possibility, but MS (and presumably Sony) have zero interest in allowing downloadable mods that will cut into paid-for DLC profit margins.

Pretty much.

Free player made mods...or DLC that they can charge you for? hmmm

Which is why I say PC if you have one that can run it for these type of games.
for FPS any more I usually go console so I can play with my GF. (though BF 3 I'll go PC on)
Link Posted: 10/19/2011 11:36:50 PM EDT
[#36]
In that article it says 90% of their audience is on consoles? I find that hard to believe. The PC community with Elder Scrolls games is huge.
Link Posted: 10/19/2011 11:51:16 PM EDT
[#37]
How much would it cost to have a PC capable of running Skyrim?
Link Posted: 10/20/2011 12:10:02 AM EDT
[#38]

built from scratch?  just the box i'd expect 7-8 mininum.  most likely a grand.  how i'd spec it? prob 1700.  but thats with a 400 buck processor and a 600 buck gfx card.

Link Posted: 10/20/2011 12:18:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Well I guess I'll only play it on console then lol.  My last PC could handle Morrowind, but that was it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2011 1:53:14 AM EDT
[#40]

Depends on what you consider capable. If you want to run everything at max at very high resolutions you have to pay a good chunk of change for that kind of rig. But you could also get a PC that will run it at medium-high at adequate resolutions for $700-$900.
Link Posted: 10/20/2011 8:26:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Apparently dragons in Skyrim will hurt you

Shocking!!!

Here is a article of their 3 hour demo.

ign
Link Posted: 10/20/2011 1:09:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#42]
Originally Posted By starduks:

built from scratch?  just the box i'd expect 7-8 mininum.  most likely a grand.  how i'd spec it? prob 1700.  but thats with a 400 buck processor and a 600 buck gfx card.

$600 graphics cards usually get you poor diminishing returns. Yes they are faster, but not twice as fast compared to a $250-$300 card. $250-$300 is pretty reasonable for a decent graphics card. I'd like to upgrade my computer soon and plan to get one of those new unlocked LGA 2011 processors for about $500. Throw in the cost of DDR3 RAM (I'm still on DDR2) and a new motherboard and you're probably around $800. Add a $250 graphics card and you're probably around $1100 with shipping and you'll be set for a couple of years.
Link Posted: 10/20/2011 1:19:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#43]
Is it 11/11/11 yet?
Link Posted: 10/20/2011 2:00:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Crap and my laptop just bit the dust.
Link Posted: 10/20/2011 6:40:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Followthehollow] [#45]

$600 graphics cards usually get you poor diminishing returns. Yes they are faster, but not twice as fast compared to a $250-$300 card. $250-$300 is pretty reasonable for a decent graphics card. I'd like to upgrade my computer soon and plan to get one of those new unlocked LGA 2011 processors for about $500. Throw in the cost of DDR3 RAM (I'm still on DDR2) and a new motherboard and you're probably around $800. Add a $250 graphics card and you're probably around $1100 with shipping and you'll be set for a couple of years.

Also don't fall into the CPU trap for games.
The difference between say an i7-2600k and an i5-2500k for gaming is MINISCULE. The price difference is not
If you also do work that involves heavily threaded applications, sure go for the i7 or whatever is next, but just for gaming? save cash and get an I5-2500k.

The sweet spot for graphics cards RIGHT NOW IMO, is something like the 560Ti in SLI, 6850's in Xfire or a single 6970/GTX570

210$ish for processor, 350$ or under for graphics card/s. Ram is like 60$ for 8GB of Corsair. 150$ish for a good MOBO.

You can build an decent rig right around 1k if not lower as stated above.
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 10:16:49 AM EDT
[#46]

Originally Posted By Followthehollow:

Also don't fall into the CPU trap for games.

The difference between say an i7-2600k and an i5-2500k for gaming is MINISCULE. The price difference is not

If you also do work that involves heavily threaded applications, sure go for the i7 or whatever is next, but just for gaming? save cash and get an I5-2500k.

The sweet spot for graphics cards RIGHT NOW IMO, is something like the 560Ti in SLI, 6850's in Xfire or a single 6970/GTX570

210$ish for processor, 350$ or under for graphics card/s. Ram is like 60$ for 8GB of Corsair. 150$ish for a good MOBO.

You can build an decent rig right around 1k if not lower as stated above.

I support this post.

Link Posted: 10/21/2011 11:32:07 AM EDT
[#47]
If somebody wants to post or link to a "building a computer for retards" guide for a PC designed for Skyrim that would be cool. I don't know half the terms you guys used anymore. :(
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 11:48:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Spade:
If somebody wants to post or link to a "building a computer for retards" guide for a PC designed for Skyrim that would be cool. I don't know half the terms you guys used anymore. :(

This.  I don't know a single term they used lol.  I think I'll just stick with my xbox.  I know I'm missing out, but oh well.
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 6:41:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Video

I’m really not going to have a life after this comes out and I’ve made peace with that.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 10:34:35 AM EDT
[#50]
I am very excited.

I haven't played a video game in months..... As weird as it sounds I hope I get really into Skyrim and I play it A LOT. I liked oblivion and spent a few months playing it, in the last couple years though I can't seem to keep playing games Hopefully I will with skyrim!
Page / 77
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top