Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2024 6:42:29 PM EDT
Or so the web says, it's at least a year overdue.

There's supposed to be some new gameplay, but mainly an update to run on newer equipment; PC and both consoles.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:17:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been waiting for this to play it again. But it took too long and I really didn't think they were going to do it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:05:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Man... I used to do a LOT of extensive modding in Fo4, but I took a break a few years ago.
Tried to play again recently, and it crashes on startup.
(I'm sure it is because of something updating and interfering with a mod, but I don't know if I am up to the daunting task of going through and figuring it out.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 5:12:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: castlebravo84] [#3]
I'd prefer it if Bethesda just left the game alone and not break all the mods.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:32:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm going to need a new tv now

Looked amazing on my XSX, had to turn on FPS mode just to run it smoothly. Dang it's going to look sparkly as heck.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:11:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Looking forward to seeing this next gen
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:13:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Terrato] [#6]
I only got 14 hours into it last year. Decided my time was better spent completing all achievements in FO:NV instead. Maybe I'll give it a shot when the giant patch hits and breaks everyone's mods.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:03:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I never finished FO4 so I started a new game after the show. I'm running a 49" Ultrawide monitor and was sad to find that I can't used the whole screen.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:16:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I started a new play through a few weeks ago, I'm going to disable the update until I figure out how bad it fucks up the mods.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:28:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lsujim:
I never finished FO4 so I started a new game after the show. I'm running a 49" Ultrawide monitor and was sad to find that I can't used the whole screen.
View Quote

Widescreen support is one of the things thats supposed to be in the update.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:17:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone in the middle of a modded playthrough might want to take measures to prevent the update from installing and making their current modded save unplayable.

How to PREVENT the Fallout 4 Next Gen Update
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:16:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Is the new update worth anything?  I don't run any mods, Xbox Series X.  Is the update all graphics based, or there additional quests/story, etc?  I'm all for a replay, it's been a while since I've played FO4.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:42:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I've got a ton of mods running right now on the PS5 version with no issues so far. My problem was when I loaded the game after the update it said all the dlc was outdated and wouldn't work with the update and asked if I wanted to erase them and re download the updated versions. I opted to get the new versions of the dlc's and after the old versions were deleted I went to the Playstation store and was informed I had to re-purchase the season pass for $37 in order to download the updated dlc content. That is B.S. and Bethesda needs to reimburse me for that shit.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:19:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By AT-ST83:
Is the new update worth anything?  I don't run any mods, Xbox Series X.  Is the update all graphics based, or there additional quests/story, etc?  I'm all for a replay, it's been a while since I've played FO4.
View Quote

Adds some new power armor sets and paint, weapons, and a few simple quest lines.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:20:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By eagarminuteman:

Adds some new power armor sets and paint, weapons, and a few simple quest lines.
View Quote

And breaks everything else.  

Wish I could have prevented it on steam before it was too late.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:21:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By jatobi:

And breaks everything else.  

Wish I could have prevented it on steam before it was too late.
View Quote

Yeah I was debating a modded playthrough now that I’ve finished my vanilla one. Seems like this update broke them all though.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:28:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By eagarminuteman:

Yeah I was debating a modded playthrough now that I’ve finished my vanilla one. Seems like this update broke them all though.
View Quote

I started a new playthrough about a week ago, I wanted to skip the update but forgot when it came out and was at work.

Now I'm about 8~12 hours into a new playthrough that I can't get into lol.  

Guess I'll be waiting for script extender to get fixed.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:04:14 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm only running a basic few mods (on PC), so far everything is still working after the update. Messed around for about 45 minutes and everything looks stable. I was expecting to be pissed because I started a new play through a couple of weeks ago and and up to level 50.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:51:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: djkest] [#18]
Should I buy base version for $20 or the ultimate edition for $40?

I own this fur Xbox but would be on PC this time.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:03:27 PM EDT
[#19]
The GOTY addition gets you all the DLCs for $40 which saves you $30 if bought separately. IMHO it's worth it, I have over 700 hours in game (I know, still a noob compared to many), I've definitely gotten more than $40 entertainment out of it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:10:10 PM EDT
[#20]
It looks amazing and it plays perfectly. I loved F4 so I'm doing a new playthrough.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:50:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By AT-ST83:
View Quote
I'm seeing some occasional screen lag on series x post update.
Link Posted: Yesterday 2:47:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: amendment] [#22]
Damn...
That download took hours
I also downloaded Nuka Cola but for some reason I can't launch it. Anyone else having issues?
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:18:09 PM EDT
[#23]
1 hour into the game and I get blown up with a mini-nuke.
2 hours into the game it happened again!

Well, I accidentally discovered that the city of Concorde is not a friendly place when you are level 5 and don't really have any good guns.
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:42:35 PM EDT
[#24]
I started playing it again, because of the update.  

I am playing on the PS5 and everything seems smoother.  It’s been awhile since I played it, so I could be wrong.  However, it does seem very smooth, no issues.

I think the graphics are more detailed, but that could be because I read something about the graphics being better.
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:30:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Steamedliver:
I started playing it again, because of the update.  

I am playing on the PS5 and everything seems smoother.  It’s been awhile since I played it, so I could be wrong.  However, it does seem very smooth, no issues.

I think the graphics are more detailed, but that could be because I read something about the graphics being better.
View Quote

make sure to put it on performance mode on ps5 to get 60fps. Its under settings and gameplay I believe.  If you dont see it its because you downloaded the ps4 and not the ps5 version.
Link Posted: Today 5:03:38 AM EDT
[#26]
The update has gave me a cats issue rendering it worthless.

It constantly says 0% chance when it should have some sort of chance.
Link Posted: Today 7:00:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Downloading now.
Fallout fever in high pitch.
Link Posted: Today 12:45:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By runfrumu:

make sure to put it on performance mode on ps5 to get 60fps. Its under settings and gameplay I believe.  If you dont see it its because you downloaded the ps4 and not the ps5 version.
View Quote

@runfrumu

Wow, thats a huge difference.  I wonder why it’s not turned on by default.  Thanks.
Link Posted: Today 5:01:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Steamedliver:

@runfrumu

Wow, thats a huge difference.  I wonder why it’s not turned on by default.  Thanks.
View Quote

Yeah I was wondering that myself.  I had noticed the graphics look a bit better but didn’t notice an improvement in overall smoothness so I looked up online and found that info and realized that I had downloaded the ps4 version, so then I to re-download the ps5 version.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top